Star by Star Gaming
[Event Suggestion] Valentines Day Event - Printable Version

+- Star by Star Gaming (https://starbystargaming.com)
+-- Forum: Hogwarts RP (https://starbystargaming.com/forumdisplay?fid=10)
+--- Forum: Server Suggestions (https://starbystargaming.com/forumdisplay?fid=6)
+---- Forum: Event Suggestions (https://starbystargaming.com/forumdisplay?fid=22)
+---- Thread: [Event Suggestion] Valentines Day Event (/showthread?tid=10920)

Valentines Day Event - Darkstorm_Zero - 02-14-2020

(1) What is your in-game name & Steam ID? -  Usually I go by Sir Edward Darkstorm these days, STEAM_0:1:36588297

(2) What type of event is this? (Passive RP, Forum announced, etc.) - Passive RP for the most part

(3) What are the details of this event and now will it be run? - I believe on Valentines Day, it would be quite good to convert the Great hall into a Dinner/Formal setting. A kind of dance and dine event for a few periods.

[Image: dUgAGBR.jpg]

(4) What problems could arise and how could the be remedied? - Problems could include: #1: boredom, (To which couples could depart the event area together and do their own thing.)
#2: The Freespelling potential can be remedied by making it a rule that people MUST holster their wands and keep them holstered when in the Great Hall or within the area, including the outer courtyard nearby.
#3: No snatching during this event in the area would also need to be made fully clear.
#4: No ERP is still in effect. Don't cross the line of romantic into Sexual please. Be responsible.

Basically put, if people don't want to be part of the event, and just want to freespell and kill people, go the the QP or Dark Forest and shoot people there to your hearts content :)

RE: Valentines Day Event - ϟ Elsa Nattura ϟ - 02-14-2020

I think this would be an amazing idea! It is something not too demanding and it gives people a chance to participate only if they want to. Only problem I see is if we allow classes to continue as to not disturb the other players who don't want to join in, we'd have to skip 'Great Hall', 'Free Time', and 'Duelling Club' as that is when the GH can/is in use for classes.

Apart from that, I think this would be great!

Heart +1 Heart

RE: Valentines Day Event - Yato Sensei - 02-14-2020

Ima give this a +1
Sounds like a great idea if you have a Valentine.

RE: Valentines Day Event - GinaGovernatore - 02-14-2020

Ah, it is good to see event suggestions being used again.
I'm sold on this idea, I (and probably @Miro Nise) might add some more stuff to it (things for people to do, like canoeing or archery or something) 
That would remedy potential 'boredom' and people just wandering off.

Also, ERP: We can just have Snape patrol the place and use @ chat to report Rule 9 infractions.
Don't want them Hufflepuffs and Ravenclaws ERPing after all

I suppose I can try something tomorrow unless another GM has something planned or would rather do it themselves.
I'd be happy to help them if they'd want me to if that is the case.

I would make an announcement, but I've not been feeling so accommodating this week. 
I'm also notoriously lazy.

RE: Valentines Day Event - Perseus Peverell Plouton - 02-14-2020

(02-14-2020, 04:25 AM)GinaGovernatore Wrote:

How rude thinking that Ravenclaws would ERP. We both know its Hufflepuffs and Gryffindors. smh my head.

+1 though, I do like this idea and it would be fun.

RE: Valentines Day Event - Darkstorm_Zero - 02-14-2020

(02-14-2020, 04:25 AM)GinaGovernatore Wrote:
Ah, it is good to see event suggestions being used again.
I'm sold on this idea, I (and probably @Miro Nise) might add some more stuff to it (things for people to do, like canoeing or archery or something) 
That would remedy potential 'boredom' and people just wandering off.

Also, ERP: We can just have Snape patrol the place and use @ chat to report Rule 9 infractions.

I suppose I can try something tomorrow unless another GM has something planned or would rather do it themselves.
I'd be happy to help them if they'd want me to if that is the case.

I would make an announcement, but I've not been feeling so accommodating this week. 
I'm also notoriously lazy.

Well then, since you suggested it... @Etlenor would you be interested in announcing this event?

Also @Konrad Curze @Lydia @Ryte Lionheart @Sibyl @Trotts , Would any of you all like to get in on this?

RE: Valentines Day Event - Konrad Curze - 02-14-2020

Unfortunately for yall

GF >>> sbs

It's valentines day after all, I can run one next week if needed

RE: Valentines Day Event - Lydia - 02-14-2020

I have a small passive rp event planned for later, 
since all my plans got cancelled :(

If you guys have any ideas, just pm them to me and I'll gladly carry them out with some other gm's!

I'd help with this event, but Im not really in the same timezone as gina and miro, therefore I don't really know
when they would be doing it.

RE: Valentines Day Event - Blake W. - 02-14-2020

+1

Always a big fan of events to spice things up. Seems like a pleasant idea 

RE: Valentines Day Event - Sibyl - 02-14-2020

This does look really fun! But I do have plans later today  Heart and I'm not too sure if I'll be able to help, but I'll see! I'll get on if I can. :)