Star by Star Gaming
[Moderator Application EU] Nick Greengrass's Moderator Application - Printable Version

+- Star by Star Gaming (https://starbystargaming.com)
+-- Forum: Hogwarts RP (https://starbystargaming.com/forumdisplay?fid=10)
+--- Forum: Staff Applications (https://starbystargaming.com/forumdisplay?fid=7)
+--- Thread: [Moderator Application EU] Nick Greengrass's Moderator Application (/showthread?tid=12437)

Pages: 1 2 3

Nick Greengrass's Moderator Application - Nick Greengrass - 05-22-2020

(1.) What is your SteamID? - STEAM_0:0:88428788

(1a) What is your most recent ingame name? - Nick Greengrass-Bluesky or Nick Wolfenshlegaluwuhausen

(1b) What is your current year level in-game? (MUST be 7th to apply.) - Master Prestige Year 7

(2.) What Timezone do you live in? - NA but I play in EU and AU

(2a) Please put what times you are most active in CST (Chicago US), so the managers know when they can expect to see you. - 3PM-8AM CST

(3.) How old are you? - 18

(4.) When did you first join our server and how did you discover it? - A friend introduced me to the server and I ended up enjoying the server so I stuck with it and have always came back to it and spent most of my time

(4a) How can we be sure you will stay active and loyal (with your time) to Star by Star? - I spend most of my time on the server and I enjoy being on the server. I’ve played almost every day for the past 2 years and I won’t stop logging on the server because the people on the server are really fun to be around. 

(4b) Do you understand you can be let go at ANY time for inactivity? - Yes, I understand that I can be let go for being inactive

(5.) Do you understand and agree to not only comply with, but also enforce the rules of the Server when necessary? - Yes, I understand 100%

(5a) When listing the rules please explain what they mean to show that you understand them.
List Rules below:

1: No FailRP: FailRP is doing something that your character wouldn’t normally do in that RP situation. A few examples of failRP on the server are fail rp names, teaching the wrong things in a class, not going through with a purchase (Buying a snatch), resisting a snatch, free spelling as a non arrestable job (teacher, auror, ETC), breaking NLR, and no doing your job as a role (Not attempting to rescue while playing an auror).

2: No Disrespect/Hatespeech: No disrespect is common sense. Treat people with a kind attitude on the server. Respect what people do and be kind with your words, don't call people harsh/mean names. No hate speech is also self explanatory. Don’t use derogatory or racist terms on the server that would offend certain types of people.

3: No RDM: No RDMing means that you don’t go around killing people for no reason. You have to have a valid reason for killing someone like during a lockdown or if a fellow student is being snatched. Another rule that falls under this category is no ARDMing (Attempted Random Deathmatch) Meaning don’t damage people for a non-RP reason (Ex. Casting damage spells down the hallway, using spells you just learned on other people)

4: Listen to Staff/RP leaders: Obey RP leaders and staff means that in an RP situation you should be doing what your RP leaders tell you to do. If an RP leader calls a meeting at a certain location or place you should start to go to that location because they are technically your higher up. Obey Staff means that you should be following the rules that the staff are telling you. If a staff tells you not to do something example don’t break an unwritten rule you should not continue to do that because you would get in even more trouble because you didn’t listen to staff.

5: No Freespelling: No free spelling means that you should not be casting spells randomly or on people without an RP reason. Don’t cast spells randomly on people like stupefy or everte on people just because you can. You can free spell to a certain degree like to run from the prefects, Just don’t constantly freespell or hit people will spells to the point of them getting angry enough to report you in @ chat.

6: No Metagaming: Don’t use any outside information of a situation that takes place in game. Meaning that if you are in a call or a third party communications program and you get snatched DO NOT say “Hey I’m snatched at (location) come save me. Because that would be considered metagaming. Another example of metagaming is if you see a snatcher walking around school and saying that they are a snatcher when they aren’t revealed, that is also considered metagaming.

7: No Micspam/chatspam: No mic spamming or chat spamming. No mic spamming means that you shouldn’t be running around blasting music through your mic or just screaming loud annoying noises into your mic. No chat spamming means that you shouldn’t be spamming random binds that have no RP sense in chat or just spamming binds that you made for prefecting.

8: OP is for RP purposes only: Owl Posting is for RP purposes only means that you should only use it for a situation in RP that makes sense. You shouldn’t be using it to ask for rule clarification or asking if your friend is on the server. You can PM or use @ chat for that. You use the OP system for selling a snatch, (If you are an RP leader) use it to command the people who are under you or if you are a prefect to put someone on DOS

9: No ERP: No ERP (Erotic Role Playing) means that you shouldn’t be acting out sexual situations or be doing actions that are inappropriate. You should keep everything at a PG level because there are younger people who play on the server who would most likely not want to be exposed to this type of behavior.

10: No Map Exploit and Afking Exploiting: No map exploiting means that you shouldn’t be using anything that isn’t supposed to be there as an advantage to your RP. No server is perfect so there are bound to be bugs and stuff on the map that isn’t meant to be there, If you come across one of these things just PM and admin and tell them about it. If it’s an exploitable bug don’t post it on the forums because someone will most likely see it and attempt to abuse it. No AFK exploiting means that you shouldn’t be running macros or scripts that avoid the auto kick timer that the server has in place.

(5b) Explain what the term "minge" means, when referring to a player on the server - The term minge from my experience is someone who will try to ruin the fun or enjoyment of something for others. Some people will log on to the server just to break rules or ruin something you’re trying to do just because they find it “fun” or people will attack one person just so they can’t have a good time. In my opinion that is the definition of a minge. 

(6.) Tell us about yourself and why you want to be a staff on SBS? (100 words or less) - My name Nick I’ve been on SBS since 2018 and over the course of my time on SBS I’ve gotten to meet a lot of interesting people who I wouldn’t meet anywhere else. The reason I want to be a staff member on SBS is to make sure it’s a good place for people to spend their time and make sure that people who are playing are having a good time. I want to make it so the people who try to ruin the fun aren’t able to achieve their goal and that it’s a safe environment for you. 

(7.) What do you feel you need to improve on the most? - I need to improve on dealing with stuff when I’m stressed out. When I overwork myself and I get stressed out I personally feel like I don’t deal with stuff to my best ability. I need to make sure if I’m getting too stressed out to just leave the situation or get off the server because I end up in a bad mood and that will affect me later on when dealing with stuff. 

(8.) How would having you on staff benefit our server and what sets you apart from the rest of the applicants? - I am very active and I spend a lot of time on the server. I can fill in the time zones where there aren’t that many people on and make sure that there is a staff member there instead of it being perfect law.

(9.) Have you been staff/are currently on any other servers? If so, which ones? (List them if possible) -
Superior Servers DARKRP - Trial Admin 2 months total
Superior Servers DARKRP - Mod 6 months total

(10.) Have you ever been banned on any Garry's Mod/SBS servers? If yes, then please list when, how long, and the reason. -
Star By Star Gaming 5-6 Months Community Ban
Star By Star Gaming 1 Week - RDM 
Superior Servers 12 Hours Staff Suspension
All bans are 9 months or older
(If you have any concerns about these bans feel free to PM and I will talk to you about them in the PM's)

(11.) Are the Server staff or the players more important? Why? - The staff and players are both important because the player base creates the community with their activity and dedication and the staff enforce the rules making the server playable for people by keeping people out of trouble.

(12) How would you rate your skills overall out of 10 (EX: Patience, response time, etc) -
Leadership Skills - 7
Patience - 8
Honesty - 9
Helpfulness - 7
Communication - 9
Response Time: 9
Willingness to improve / Ask for help - 8
Fairness - 9

(13.) If you do not know how to handle a situation in a mod-sit, what do you do? -
If I did not know how to handle a mod, First I would check the compendium for rule clarification, Next I would ask any of the other staff on the server for help, then I would ask around in discord or teamspeak, Finally I would make a decision then ask them to make a thread for clarification later on 

(14.) You understand and realize, that by applying for staff on the server also means that you are sacrificing the complete freedom of being able to RP freely all the time without any interruptions, and are obligated to handle all server issues at hand no matter the situation? - Yes, I understand that I will be giving up my RP in order to take sits

(15.) Please make a list of all previous staff applications, a link to them, and the reason they were locked. If they were accepted, please give a short explanation of why you are no longer staff. (Disregard if this is your first application) -
https://starbystargaming.com/showthread?tid=2957 (Denied)
https://starbystargaming.com/showthread?tid=9531 (Accepted)

I am no longer staff because I resigned after 3 months of staffing due to personal reasons and took a break from SBS. But now I am back and ready to get back into it

Edit: My activity will be lower from 5/28 To 6/4 Due to my school having finals and having to study for them once they are over my activity will increase a lot

RE: Nick Greengrass's Moderator Application - ◽ Etlenor ◾ - 05-22-2020

Almost since you came back I've seen you prefecting and teaching classes. Your activity is insane which gives us the idea of a good timezone coverage, you're approachable, and friendly and you were a good staff member before you resigned.

[Image: unknown.png]

Big +1

RE: Nick Greengrass's Moderator Application - Tyrone D Bigeye - 05-22-2020

I don't exactly remember why you left, but when you did leave you left respectfully. You were a good staff member, you weren't a minge when you played after you resigned. You're active and know the rules plus you wouldn't need training. Unless something happened that I was unaware of I believe a trail is warranted.

+1

RE: Nick Greengrass's Moderator Application - Sean Ganon - 05-22-2020

Nick I also wasn't expecting you to apply so quickly, same with Millsy lol. No doubt in my mind that you can be a great moderator, but there's some stuff that you did repetitively that left a bad taste in my mouth. I know you may not have been the one leaking, but you did a while back have information leaked TO you. This would be your third run, and I'm all for it. But, what are you going to do if you resign? Are you going to try and have someone leak to you because you need a little rush of excitement? We don't need someone involved in tons of drama on the team and you know that, hopefully you stay completely out of that stuff for a long time being. Beside that, you actively report, prefect and are VERY active in general. I don't want you to get burnt out and I also don't want to see you go back to your old ways. I've known you for a while and very actively helped and pushed you to apply your 2nd run. I'd love you back on the team, but I need to make sure you aren't going to do something wrong, until then, 
Neutral to +1.
I have full confidence. +1

RE: Nick Greengrass's Moderator Application - Perseus Peverell Plouton - 05-22-2020

Haven't seen you before

Neutral

gotem lmao

+1 tho, he's active, knows the rules, and he's chill

RE: Nick Greengrass's Moderator Application - Edwin Tossil-Dragon - 05-22-2020

I kinda saw this coming. Honestly, Nick is a very laid back and chill guy. He's easy to talk to and he's quite respectable. I haven't known Nick for long, but the first impression and experiences I've had with him have been nothing but good and pleasant. You hands down know your rules, you're constantly reporting, and you've got previous experience. Although you've got multiple positives about you, How do we know you'll stay loyal and not resign again since this is your third run? I know your last resignation was because of personal issues and I completely understand that. If you feel like you're ready to tackle on staffing, I'm all for it man.   

Neutral to +1

Good Luck man!

RE: Nick Greengrass's Moderator Application - Vrinia Fireslider - 05-22-2020

Before I retired from SBS Hogwarts, I did see you around now and then. I honestly can't say I had any bad experiences with you or not. Either Maybe I don't remember the interactions I've had with you. (From what I remember they were positive) or might of been a different person. Either way, I do think you are better then some others who are applying for mod, but I am gonna wait and see what others say. From what I'm seeing it's mostly Neutral to +1's. In my eyes that is good, but I wanna see what a few more say.

For now. Neutral.

Best of luck on your app.

RE: Nick Greengrass's Moderator Application - Billy Throckmorton - 05-22-2020

+1 Good guy best person for the position, he's always on the server helping new people, sure he can be hostile sometimes but when ever people need help he always steps up and helps them

RE: Nick Greengrass's Moderator Application - Jerome - 05-22-2020

+1 he would be good staff member I see him prefect and he host prefect meetings. He is also active

RE: Nick Greengrass's Moderator Application - stow - 05-23-2020

(05-22-2020, 09:43 PM)Perseus Peverell Plouton Wrote: Haven't seen you before

Neutral

gotem lmao

+1 tho, he's active, knows the rules, and he's chill

I agree +1