Star by Star Gaming
[Moderator Application] Dusk's Moderator App - Printable Version

+- Star by Star Gaming (https://starbystargaming.com)
+-- Forum: Halo RP (https://starbystargaming.com/forumdisplay?fid=59)
+--- Forum: Staff Applications (https://starbystargaming.com/forumdisplay?fid=61)
+---- Forum: Locked Applications (https://starbystargaming.com/forumdisplay?fid=64)
+---- Thread: [Moderator Application] Dusk's Moderator App (/showthread?tid=12438)

Pages: 1 2

Dusk's Moderator App - Damian Dusk - 05-22-2020

AS OF 8/12/2019, ALL NEW APPLICANTS MUST BE AT A LOYALTY RANK OF SILVER 1. APPLICANTS WHO ARE BELOW THIS LOYALTY RANK WILL HAVE THEIR APPLICATION IMMEDIATELY DENIED. 

(1a.) What is your SteamID and in game Name? - STEAM_0:1:181947170 RPName CN HalfLight / PFC Dusk

(1b.) What is your RP Rank and Loyalty Rank (YOU MUST BE SILVER 1 TO APPLY FOR STAFF).  Current Ranks are Champion, CN(Naval) and PFC (Medic Corp)

(2a.) What is the Timezone you live in? (EST/PST/etc) - CST

(2b.) Please put what times you are most active in CST (Chicago US), so the managers know when they can expect to see you. - I'm pretty much available anytime since the pandemic started, my most active times are 4-12pm CST

(3.) How old are you? - 22

(4a.) When did you first join our server and how did you discover it? - I am a mod for Zubey's twitch and he asked me to playtest a few things before release since I love halo.

(4b.) How can we be sure you will stay active and loyal (with your time) to Star by Star? - As many people know, i exited the community about a year ago after being Medical CO at the rank of LTC and being a GM/ ending as a mod. I had many reasons for leaving in the past none of which are relevant now. The server and I myself are both in much better positions and I feel I can contribute to something I enjoy and love again.

(4c.) Do you understand you can be let go at ANY time for inactivity? - As it should be. Inactive staff don't accomplish anything.

(5a.) Do you understand and agree to not only comply with, but also enforce the rules of the Server when necessary? - 100%

(5b.) When listing the rules please explain what they mean to show that you understand them.
List Rules below:
1: No FailRP - FailRP is disrupting the RP scenario by doing something your character would not do. Ex: Shooting a civilian, committing suicide, shooting a GM.
2: Be Respectful towards all others - No one comes on to the server to have a bad time. Treat others with kindness and try to understand where they're coming from.
3 :No RDM - Do not kill players for no reason. It hinders RP and can create conflict.
4: Obey Staff and RP Leaders - Listen to the people keeping the wheels turning. It's how the machine works.
5: No Meta Gaming - Do not abuse the game mechanics for personal gain in RP. Treat your character as a life and only use the knowledge they would know.
6: Do not mic spam/chat spam - Mic spam is playing loud music to annoy players and chat spam is spamming messages preventing people from reading chat. Both hinder RP and the experience of it.
7:Do not avoid the AFK system - The Loyalty system is something that rewards playtime on the server and abusing the AFK system either manually or by third party programs is Cheating to get the same things people who actually spend their time on the server get.

(6.) Explain what the term "minge" means, when referring to a player on the server - Someone who joins the server purely to disrupt RP of the players around them. They dont create RP, they are simply here to cause problems with those who are.

(7.) Tell us about yourself and why you want to be staff on SBS? (100 words or less) - I'm the kind of person that likes to help the things I like grow into their best shape. The server is one of them.

(8.) What do you feel you need to improve on the most? - I may have been a bit defensive when I rejoined the server, but I feared people would treat me bad for coming back. I now realize I had no reason to be that way but it's something i still need to work on.

(9.) How would having you on staff benefit our server and what sets you apart from the rest of the applicants? -  I know the rules like the back of my hand, I put in as much effort as I can, but I also know not every problem is black and white and can use discretion when there's an issue.

(10.) Have you been staff/are currently on any other servers? If so, which ones? (List them if possible) -  Only here previously (SBS HaloRP)

(11.) Have you ever been banned on any Garry's Mod/SBS servers? If yes, then please list when, how long, and the reason. - Not to my knowledge.

(12.) Are the Server staff or the players more important? Why? - The players. Staff are there to make sure players have a good time that is their sole purpose.

(13) How would you rate your skills overall out of 10 (EX: Patience, response time, etc) -
Patience 7/10
Communication 8/10
Response time 9/10
Problem Solving 8/10
Dedication 8/10

(14.) If you do not know how to handle a situation in a mod-sit, what do you do? - Ask for assistance from other mods/Admins. If none are around I will try to defuse the situation as best I can and write a description of what happened in the staff discord in case there were any mistakes.

(15.) You understand and realize, that by applying for staff on the server also means, that you are sacrificing the complete freedom of being able to RP freely all the time without any interruptions, and are obligated to handle all server issues at hand no matter the situation? - I understand.

(16.) Please make a list of all previous staff applications, a link to them, and the reason they were locked. If they were accepted, please give a short explanation of why you are no longer staff. (Disregard if this is your first application) -
https://starbystargaming.com/showthread?tid=5616 Locked due to being accepted, was changed to a mod way later on but eventually I left the community for personal reasons.
https://starbystargaming.com/showthread?tid=7542 Locked due to leaving community.
https://starbystargaming.com/showthread?tid=6426 Locked due to leaving community.

RE: Dusk's Moderator App - Jack (3) - 05-22-2020

You are a cool guy, I do believe you deserve the chance to prove yourself on the staff team. And it would be nice to have another Mod such as yourself. 
+1

RE: Dusk's Moderator App - Asilent_PIES moat.gg - 05-22-2020

hey dusk You are a very chill guy to be around you are very serious in RP i see your enforce the rules during events and im proud of that keep it up dusk staff team will not regret having you on their team!!!

+1 

RE: Dusk's Moderator App - Kestrel likes pineapple pizza - 05-22-2020

This is gonna be one of the heaviest votes I've ever made.
Dusk has definitely been one of the greatest people I've ever met on the server 
he's been a great influence on me and the server being one of the original CO's in the server
he's been staff before as well and when he was he was a great member of the staff team

+1

RE: Dusk's Moderator App - Clockwork Angel - 05-23-2020

Dusk, we've worked together as CO and XO in the past in Medic Corps, and I've seen the way you RP and how you behave on the server. I know you only want what's best for the server, and would like to contribute to that aspect any way you can. We were also mods on the server together, and you were an excellent staff member in the past. There's no denying that. I know you'd still be an excellent moderator, now.

+1

RE: Dusk's Moderator App - ♔Redgie♔ - 05-23-2020

Dusk is a amazing person, he was a great ex staff member and if like to see him come back. Sometimes you do come off incredibly rude at least towards me but I can look past that. +1 best of luck dusk

RE: Dusk's Moderator App - Damian Dusk - 05-23-2020

To Redgie, If by rude you mean don't like when you dont follow the rules or disrupt RP than yes. I also understand you may be upset that I'm the reason you're banned from TempAdmin since way back when.

RE: Dusk's Moderator App - Jack / Josh - 05-23-2020

Dusk, you know the basics on the server, you follow the rules, you help both new and regular players and you're active which is good. I have full confidence in Dusk to be a Moderator My only concern is that you can get annoyed quite easily and can take some things personal.

It's going to be a Neutral from me.

Good Luck with your Application, Dusk!

RE: Dusk's Moderator App - Karvoi - 05-24-2020

I' ve known this guy since I joined the server, we constantly talk about stuff and he has a chill mindset when it comes to stuff in the server, he follows the rules really well and tries to keep the peace in the server, I feel he would be a great member for staff. 

+1

RE: Dusk's Moderator App - DarkestHour Jackie - 05-27-2020

From what I've heard of Dusk he used to be a great CO of medics and from my first hand experience he knows the rules and is a nice guy. I'd say he'd be a welcomed fit to the team

He knows the rules and doesn't come across as any bad qualities

He does help newer players from what I've seen and isn't controlling

I'd say he's fair and unbiased so Moderator would work for him well as he is active

Only comment is that you don't use your mic that often but Hogwarts have staff that only type so it's a non-factor

HIGHCOM would fit due to his past CO experience plus observing him as his NCO during missions I've seen an ability to lead (while I'm on my second life) and I could see that he's invested in roleplay as to not interrupt others and just add to it.

Either position would suit Dusk - only comments would be if you want a lot of responsibility as HIGHCOM or if you are comfortable with getting a bit of shit here and there by being mod and having to give out a ban or doing sits

Though you are aware of this since you've applied

Either way it's a fairly simple vote for me

+1

Also I'm not commenting on your HIGHCOM app cause it'll pretty much be the same thing so I just did a comment for both

Good luck on your applications