Star by Star Gaming
Best Summer Steam sales games? - Printable Version

+- Star by Star Gaming (https://starbystargaming.com)
+-- Forum: Community (https://starbystargaming.com//forumdisplay?fid=1)
+--- Forum: General Discussion (https://starbystargaming.com//forumdisplay?fid=3)
+---- Forum: Pointless (https://starbystargaming.com//forumdisplay?fid=71)
+---- Thread: Best Summer Steam sales games? (//showthread?tid=12880)

Best Summer Steam sales games? - Tyrone D Bigeye - 06-29-2020

As most of us know, the summer steam sales started on the 25th of this month and ends July the 9th. When it came out I bought Ark survival and Stranded deep. Both amazing games, but I sold stranded deep back bc my PC crashed and it didn't save like 2-3 hrs of gameplay. 

I've been looking for some good games to buy bc rn I only play Ark and Gmod. where I'm at school is still online, and nowhere is hiring; so yah boi is stuck inside and I imagine this is the same for a good chunk of people. So I thought A thread that gives suggestions on what games to buy would be kinda cool.

My suggestions are;

Rainbow six siege
Ark survival
Euro Truck simulator
GTA V
Titan fall 2

What are some games that you guys would suggest?

RE: Best Summer Steam sales games? - Todd Wick - 06-30-2020

GTA V has a good single player, but online is toxic and cannot recommend.

Payday 2 is $1.35 and it is a pretty good game :)

RE: Best Summer Steam sales games? - David Elios-EElsord - 06-30-2020

Here are the list of the games that are really good and are also at great price:

- Resident Evil 2 ($19.99) 
- Doom ($5.99) & Doom Eternal ($29.99) 
- Borderlands 3 ($29.99) 
- EA Star Wars Battlefront II ($19.99) 
- Bioshock Infinite ($7.49)
- Assassins Creed Odyssey ($19.79)  
- Persona 4: Golden ($19.99 Not on Sale). 

I'd say these games are really good, lots of them have good gameplay, story, mechanics, etc. All of these games besides P4: Golden, are really good deals and worth the price. Keep in mind, just all my opinion on these games. 

Resident Evil 2 (Story Based)

This game is pure horror with really good gameplay mechanics, there's tons of replay value since you play as 2 different characters with the same setting but different perspective and somewhat different story. Both will have different encounters and different areas to explore. Gunplay is really nice, lots of the shots feel powerful and shooting zombies is so fun. The amount of detail to shooting zombies is amazing, item management is important so you can't fully load everything onto your character so you have to conserve what you have on you and ammo since it can be scarce at times. The story is really good, and wanting to see both perspectives of the story is really nice to see since you'll understand all of it. There's also extra challenge modes if your down for that, I had no interest in them but they're fun to play! Characters are really good, animations, graphics and atmosphere. After you beat both story mode for each character, you will unlock a second part to their story which is harder and ammo is a bit scarce, but it'll be more fun and challenging, I didn't think I was going to do it, but I did and I loved it. Definitely get this on sale, it's so worth the price. I'd say that the overall story playing both characters and part 2 of both characters will put you at around a total of 25-26 hours. Again, super worth the price. 100% get this on sale. It's worth the value. Smh this should have been GOTY..

Doom & Doom Eternal (Never played Eternal | Story/Singleplayer Based)

I've never played this on PC, but on my friends PS4, but oh god the game gives me so much adrenaline. I have not played Eternal but from what my friends and reviewers are saying, it's so much better, it's half off for eternal, so pretty good price tbh. Gunplay is so amazing and so fast, executions are so satisfying and awesome. Movement is great, and the music, while I'm not a fan of heavy metal or rock, it's a good soundtrack for sure. I can't give much detail since I never beat it nor owned it, I don't know much about the story, I heard it was decent. But overall this game is still freaking amazing. Totally get it.

Borderlands 3 (Multiplayer Based)

Honestly the price of this is pretty good, it's like half off so that's nice. The story is almost it's own thing, so you really don't need to play the previous games to know what's going on. The story is pretty garbage, some moments made no sense or made me want to just cban Albert. But the gameplay is amazing, you play as 1 out of the 4 available characters with their own move sets, gunplay is the same for all characters, just the skills and abilities that your character can produce are different which can effect gunplay but morely stat wise. Every character has 3 different skills, some of the characters can use 2 of the skills while some use 1. It's extremely customizable with skill loadout, so you'll always have a different loadout from another player. Co-op is overall fantastic, playing with friends is the best part of this game. Movement is really nice and fast (I'm a sucker for fast-paced games), so your always on the run and moving, but you can't get too stupid, but, you still can go stupid and win battles lol. It's Borderlands, everything is a good stupid. You can also customize your character with skins, and different heads with colors which can be customized in 3 color variants, and also weapon skins, trinkets, etc. The game gives quite a lot customization options for your character to feel really unique to you. A nice thing I like about this game, is you can play with other people if they are different levels, so if your level 16 and another player is like level 42, the game will auto-balance for enemies to be on your level, while your friend will have enemies on their level. The game will adjust that so everyone is having fun and not unfair. The game is a loot-shooter, probably the father of it, there's different rarity of guns, lots of the legendary weapons do exclusive things that only that gun can do. Guns can also have different alternate firing modes, for example your gun can do fire damage and it's alternate mode has corrosive damage. Game is on a good price, I'd get it tbh, DLC is also good, it's on a season pass and you get story DLC. There's a lot I can go off, but give this game a shot for sure.

EA SW: Battlefront II (Multiplayer Based)

This game had a lot of problems back then, like BAD PROBLEMS with microtransactions. But the game really changed and became so much better. Multiplayer is really fun, it feels just like the movies, gunfire everywhere with classic music. It's so good. Gunplay is nice, few weapons to choose from certain loadouts, Assault, Heavy, Officer and Recon. All have different abilities and weapons to choose from, this includes character skins as well. Multiplayer puts in you 1 of the 3 eras. The Galactic Republic vs. CIS, The Empire vs The Rebelion and The First Order vs. The Resistance. All eras are interesting, my favorite has to be the Clone Wars (Galactic vs CIS). Campaign is good, but towards the middle, it becomes... Eh and stupid. There's tons of Heroes and Villains' to play as: Anakin Skywalker, Obi-Wan, Rey, Captain Phasma, Yoda, Darth-Vader, Darth-Maul, Luke Skywalker, Leia, Boba-Fett, and more. There is a Heroes vs Villains' mode which is pretty fun, sometimes it can be pretty cheesy or stupid due to star-cards which are cards that give different abilities or better stats as you upgrade them. You get them from leveling up, and to level them up, you would need to spend points which you get from leveling up that character/job. Lootboxes are available morely for skins, and parts, nothing crazy. Overall this game is really fun, if your a Star Wars fan, I'd say totally pick this up and give it a shot, it's a fun game. 

Bioshock Infinite (Story Based)

I played this back on my 360 almost like 5-6 years ago, I remember having so much fun with this game. This game got delayed like almost 2-3 times, it sucked lol. The story I have to say is pretty damn good, it kept me really engaged on the world and it's characters. Like, I can't empathize how much I loved the story, it kept me on my toes as well since there are twists in this game that I never expected and I loved. It's like seeing your favorite character you'll never see get into Smash Bros, it's that good. I LOVEEEEE ELIZABETH, she's amazing, she's actually one of the smartest AI I've ever seen in game, she's your partner and she doesn't hold you back on anything nor do you really worry about her, she's a major asset. The gameplay is really good as well, if you've played the previous Bioshock games, you'll adjust very easily, it's kinda similar in my opinion, but what's really nice about it, is that it's more open, so you can really change up how you play, whether you want to play at a distance or guns-blazing, the option is really up to you. The gunplay is really good. You can also upgrade weapons as well which I mostly did over the abilities, I didn't really use much of the abilities but that's just my preference. Overall this game has aged very well, definitely worth a shot. I believe this game is around 12-13 hours if I remember? Don't quote me on that, but it's around there. I also heard the DLC is really good, I never did the DLC. But the price for it, is super good.

Assassins Creed Odyssey (Story Based)

I just bought this, and I am loving it so far. It's pretty RPG but doesn't stray away from it's brand-name. The combat is really fun, stealth mechanics, I haven't gotten really far or anything yet, so I can't give a full opinion, but I'm really loving it so far. It's pretty action-based and lots of character customization, loot-rarity etc. I'd say it may not be for everyone, but I'd give it a shot. Sorry if I can't explain more of this game, just watch gameplay of it.

Persona 4: Golden (Story Based)

This game isn't on sale, but the price is still pretty good. This game was actually on PS-Vita originally and exclusively, so not many people got to really play this, but I did! This is a really good port according to a lot of critics and reviewers. I think there's some minor issues, but nothing major, crazy or noticeable. This game also does not make you a weeb, regardless of what anyone says, playing neko-para, that makes you a weeb because it's legit an anime-game. If you haven't played a Persona game yet, definitely give this one a try. It's a story based on murders that have been happening in a town, you and your friends work together to solve the mystery and find the culprit, it may seem that basic, but trust me, it isn't. The story I'd say is pretty damn good, it really keeps you engaged, you fall in love with these characters, whether it'd be based on character development or their overall personality which you see more through the story or social-links where you spend time with them bonding and increasing their stats and y(We'll get to this). The game is based on a calendar-system, so the game progresses for a whole year, you can only do 2 things in a day, whether it'd be hanging out with someone, increasing your social stats which you need to progress in certain activities or progress social-links. You need to spend your time wisely, and during the beginning, you need to really explore, the game doesn't hold your hand, as if you moved to a new town, you would have to find things on your own, and that's what this game is. It encourages you to take risks and explore. But during the beginning, it doesn't really just throw everything at you, it takes it's time for you to adjust, you just have to put the work in. Moving on to the other side of this game is the combat, the combat is a turn-based JRPG system. All of your characters have something called a "Persona" which can use abilities to attack, defend, buff, heal and etc, and that's all based on which character your using. However, your character can use multiple personas which you gain through fusing personas you have, or finding new ones in dungeons. The gameplay is pretty fun, the dungeons are pretty good and unique, it's not spectacular design in my opinion, but it's still pretty nice. The combat is overall really good, you just need to experience it yourself. Finally before I go off and ramble more, THE MUSIC. I love the music in this game, whether it'd be music for exploring or battles, it's all freaking good. Here are some:

Heartbreak, Heartbreak - Exploring Music
Your Affection - Exploring Music
Time to Make History - Battle Music 
Traumerei - Emotional Music

I have no further reason to explain the music lmao. Those are some of the tracks I love from the game ^. This games does takes up a lot of time, and there is new-game plus which opens up more to do and new story content, so it's worth playing a second time. This is a must-play game, it's a real experience, I know some people are skeptical of it, but I mean.. Look at the Steam Reviews, it's a fantastic game. The game took me a total of 76 hours to beat the main story, new-game plus took me about 45-50 hours to beat on my vita (To clarify you are playing the story again with newly added things and access to unlock the true ending). So if you do decide to do the main-story plus a new-game plus which you bring over things from your previous save-file, your gonna spend around at least a total of 135 hours for both parts. It's not on sale, but it's still at great value.

RE: Best Summer Steam sales games? - Banastre Tarleton-Woopius - 06-30-2020

(06-30-2020, 09:39 AM)David Elios-EElsord Wrote: Here are the list of the games that are really good and are also at great price:

- Resident Evil 2 ($19.99) 
- Doom ($5.99) & Doom Eternal ($29.99) 
- Borderlands 3 ($29.99) 
- EA Star Wars Battlefront II ($19.99) 
- Bioshock Infinite ($7.49)
- Assassins Creed Odyssey ($19.79)  
- Persona 4: Golden ($19.99 Not on Sale). 

I'd say these games are really good, lots of them have good gameplay, story, mechanics, etc. All of these games besides P4: Golden, are really good deals and worth the price. Keep in mind, just all my opinion on these games. 

Resident Evil 2 (Story Based)

This game is pure horror with really good gameplay mechanics, there's tons of replay value since you play as 2 different characters with the same setting but different perspective and somewhat different story. Both will have different encounters and different areas to explore. Gunplay is really nice, lots of the shots feel powerful and shooting zombies is so fun. The amount of detail to shooting zombies is amazing, item management is important so you can't fully load everything onto your character so you have to conserve what you have on you and ammo since it can be scarce at times. The story is really good, and wanting to see both perspectives of the story is really nice to see since you'll understand all of it. There's also extra challenge modes if your down for that, I had no interest in them but they're fun to play! Characters are really good, animations, graphics and atmosphere. After you beat both story mode for each character, you will unlock a second part to their story which is harder and ammo is a bit scarce, but it'll be more fun and challenging, I didn't think I was going to do it, but I did and I loved it. Definitely get this on sale, it's so worth the price. I'd say that the overall story playing both characters and part 2 of both characters will put you at around a total of 25-26 hours. Again, super worth the price. 100% get this on sale. It's worth the value. Smh this should have been GOTY..

Doom & Doom Eternal (Never played Eternal | Story/Singleplayer Based)

I've never played this on PC, but on my friends PS4, but oh god the game gives me so much adrenaline. I have not played Eternal but from what my friends and reviewers are saying, it's so much better, it's half off for eternal, so pretty good price tbh. Gunplay is so amazing and so fast, executions are so satisfying and awesome. Movement is great, and the music, while I'm not a fan of heavy metal or rock, it's a good soundtrack for sure. I can't give much detail since I never beat it nor owned it, I don't know much about the story, I heard it was decent. But overall this game is still freaking amazing. Totally get it.

Borderlands 3 (Multiplayer Based)

Honestly the price of this is pretty good, it's like half off so that's nice. The story is almost it's own thing, so you really don't need to play the previous games to know what's going on. The story is pretty garbage, some moments made no sense or made me want to just cban Albert. But the gameplay is amazing, you play as 1 out of the 4 available characters with their own move sets, gunplay is the same for all characters, just the skills and abilities that your character can produce are different which can effect gunplay but morely stat wise. Every character has 3 different skills, some of the characters can use 2 of the skills while some use 1. It's extremely customizable with skill loadout, so you'll always have a different loadout from another player. Co-op is overall fantastic, playing with friends is the best part of this game. Movement is really nice and fast (I'm a sucker for fast-paced games), so your always on the run and moving, but you can't get too stupid, but, you still can go stupid and win battles lol. It's Borderlands, everything is a good stupid. You can also customize your character with skins, and different heads with colors which can be customized in 3 color variants, and also weapon skins, trinkets, etc. The game gives quite a lot customization options for your character to feel really unique to you. A nice thing I like about this game, is you can play with other people if they are different levels, so if your level 16 and another player is like level 42, the game will auto-balance for enemies to be on your level, while your friend will have enemies on their level. The game will adjust that so everyone is having fun and not unfair. The game is a loot-shooter, probably the father of it, there's different rarity of guns, lots of the legendary weapons do exclusive things that only that gun can do. Guns can also have different alternate firing modes, for example your gun can do fire damage and it's alternate mode has corrosive damage. Game is on a good price, I'd get it tbh, DLC is also good, it's on a season pass and you get story DLC. There's a lot I can go off, but give this game a shot for sure.

EA SW: Battlefront II (Multiplayer Based)

This game had a lot of problems back then, like BAD PROBLEMS with microtransactions. But the game really changed and became so much better. Multiplayer is really fun, it feels just like the movies, gunfire everywhere with classic music. It's so good. Gunplay is nice, few weapons to choose from certain loadouts, Assault, Heavy, Officer and Recon. All have different abilities and weapons to choose from, this includes character skins as well. Multiplayer puts in you 1 of the 3 eras. The Galactic Republic vs. CIS, The Empire vs The Rebelion and The First Order vs. The Resistance. All eras are interesting, my favorite has to be the Clone Wars (Galactic vs CIS). Campaign is good, but towards the middle, it becomes... Eh and stupid. There's tons of Heroes and Villains' to play as: Anakin Skywalker, Obi-Wan, Rey, Captain Phasma, Yoda, Darth-Vader, Darth-Maul, Luke Skywalker, Leia, Boba-Fett, and more. There is a Heroes vs Villains' mode which is pretty fun, sometimes it can be pretty cheesy or stupid due to star-cards which are cards that give different abilities or better stats as you upgrade them. You get them from leveling up, and to level them up, you would need to spend points which you get from leveling up that character/job. Lootboxes are available morely for skins, and parts, nothing crazy. Overall this game is really fun, if your a Star Wars fan, I'd say totally pick this up and give it a shot, it's a fun game. 

Bioshock Infinite (Story Based)

I played this back on my 360 almost like 5-6 years ago, I remember having so much fun with this game. This game got delayed like almost 2-3 times, it sucked lol. The story I have to say is pretty damn good, it kept me really engaged on the world and it's characters. Like, I can't empathize how much I loved the story, it kept me on my toes as well since there are twists in this game that I never expected and I loved. It's like seeing your favorite character you'll never see get into Smash Bros, it's that good. I LOVEEEEE ELIZABETH, she's amazing, she's actually one of the smartest AI I've ever seen in game, she's your partner and she doesn't hold you back on anything nor do you really worry about her, she's a major asset. The gameplay is really good as well, if you've played the previous Bioshock games, you'll adjust very easily, it's kinda similar in my opinion, but what's really nice about it, is that it's more open, so you can really change up how you play, whether you want to play at a distance or guns-blazing, the option is really up to you. The gunplay is really good. You can also upgrade weapons as well which I mostly did over the abilities, I didn't really use much of the abilities but that's just my preference. Overall this game has aged very well, definitely worth a shot. I believe this game is around 12-13 hours if I remember? Don't quote me on that, but it's around there. I also heard the DLC is really good, I never did the DLC. But the price for it, is super good.

Assassins Creed Odyssey (Story Based)

I just bought this, and I am loving it so far. It's pretty RPG but doesn't stray away from it's brand-name. The combat is really fun, stealth mechanics, I haven't gotten really far or anything yet, so I can't give a full opinion, but I'm really loving it so far. It's pretty action-based and lots of character customization, loot-rarity etc. I'd say it may not be for everyone, but I'd give it a shot. Sorry if I can't explain more of this game, just watch gameplay of it.

Persona 4: Golden (Story Based)

This game isn't on sale, but the price is still pretty good. This game was actually on PS-Vita originally and exclusively, so not many people got to really play this, but I did! This is a really good port according to a lot of critics and reviewers. I think there's some minor issues, but nothing major, crazy or noticeable. This game also does not make you a weeb, regardless of what anyone says, playing neko-para, that makes you a weeb because it's legit an anime-game. If you haven't played a Persona game yet, definitely give this one a try. It's a story based on murders that have been happening in a town, you and your friends work together to solve the mystery and find the culprit, it may seem that basic, but trust me, it isn't. The story I'd say is pretty damn good, it really keeps you engaged, you fall in love with these characters, whether it'd be based on character development or their overall personality which you see more through the story or social-links where you spend time with them bonding and increasing their stats and y(We'll get to this). The game is based on a calendar-system, so the game progresses for a whole year, you can only do 2 things in a day, whether it'd be hanging out with someone, increasing your social stats which you need to progress in certain activities or progress social-links. You need to spend your time wisely, and during the beginning, you need to really explore, the game doesn't hold your hand, as if you moved to a new town, you would have to find things on your own, and that's what this game is. It encourages you to take risks and explore. But during the beginning, it doesn't really just throw everything at you, it takes it's time for you to adjust, you just have to put the work in. Moving on to the other side of this game is the combat, the combat is a turn-based JRPG system. All of your characters have something called a "Persona" which can use abilities to attack, defend, buff, heal and etc, and that's all based on which character your using. However, your character can use multiple personas which you gain through fusing personas you have, or finding new ones in dungeons. The gameplay is pretty fun, the dungeons are pretty good and unique, it's not spectacular design in my opinion, but it's still pretty nice. The combat is overall really good, you just need to experience it yourself. Finally before I go off and ramble more, THE MUSIC. I love the music in this game, whether it'd be music for exploring or battles, it's all freaking good. Here are some:

Heartbreak, Heartbreak - Exploring Music
Your Affection - Exploring Music
Time to Make History - Battle Music 
Traumerei - Emotional Music

I have no further reason to explain the music lmao. Those are some of the tracks I love from the game ^. This games does takes up a lot of time, and there is new-game plus which opens up more to do and new story content, so it's worth playing a second time. This is a must-play game, it's a real experience, I know some people are skeptical of it, but I mean.. Look at the Steam Reviews, it's a fantastic game. The game took me a total of 76 hours to beat the main story, new-game plus took me about 45-50 hours to beat on my vita (To clarify you are playing the story again with newly added things and access to unlock the true ending). So if you do decide to do the main-story plus a new-game plus which you bring over things from your previous save-file, your gonna spend around at least a total of 135 hours for both parts. It's not on sale, but it's still at great value.
Agree