Star by Star Gaming
[Gamemaker Application] Barry's Game Maker Application - Printable Version

+- Star by Star Gaming (https://starbystargaming.com)
+-- Forum: Halo RP (https://starbystargaming.com//forumdisplay?fid=59)
+--- Forum: Staff Applications (https://starbystargaming.com//forumdisplay?fid=61)
+---- Forum: Locked Applications (https://starbystargaming.com//forumdisplay?fid=64)
+---- Thread: [Gamemaker Application] Barry's Game Maker Application (//showthread?tid=12882)

Barry's Game Maker Application - Gonk Droid - 06-30-2020

(1a.) What is your SteamID and in game Name? - STEAM_0:1:54671514 Barry. B Benson

(1b.) What is your RP Rank and Loyalty Rank (YOU MUST BE SILVER 1 TO APPLY FOR STAFF)? - TSGT GOLD MASTER

(2a.) What is the Timezone you live in? (EST/PST/etc) - EST

(2b.) Please put what times you are most active in CST (Chicago US), so the managers know when they can expect to see you. -  10am-12am

(3.) How old are you? - 18+

(4a.) When did you first join our server and how did you discover it? - SRA Whale recommended it and i fell in love

(4b.) How can we be sure you will stay active and loyal (with your time) to Star by Star? - I joined the server last month and i absolutely love it here and i love playing Halo RP this server can definitely be my new home in the near future and i absolutely love everyone and plan on being here for the long run

(4c.) Do you understand you can be let go at ANY time for inactivity? - yup

(5a.) Do you understand and agree to not only comply with, but also enforce the rules of the Server when necessary? -yup

(5b.) When listing the rules please explain what they mean to show that you understand them.
List Rules below
1:NO FAIL RP- Failing to roleplay in context of character or setting properly 
2:BE RESPECTFUL TO OTHERS- no unnecessary attacks or hatefulness to anyone for any reason 
3:RDM IS NOT ALLOWED- Random Death Match is when i would walk up to someone and kill them for seemingly no reason and kill them on sight
4:OBEY STAFF AND RP LEADERS- If a staff member tells me not to do something or to do something then it would be in my best interests to pay attention and listen 
5:NO META-GAMING- for intense there are many times in the server when someone or a group of people are talking to each other on comms and the conversation is meant to be "private" meaning that people are progressing the story at hand but in a way that we as the general population would not know about until addressed publicly 
6:NO MIC/CHAT SYSTEM SPAM- This rule is in place to stop people from abusing or annoying others with constant chatter and obnoxious communication  
7:DO NOT AVOID THE AFK- Due to the servers Loyalty system the AFK timer is 40 minutes max so if someone was to be AFK the entire time they played only moving to reset the AFK timer then it would be abuse and attempting to farm loyalty 

(6.) Explain what the term "minge" means, when referring to a player on the server - Some one who has no true intention to RP and play the game properly just causing chaos.

(7.) Tell us about yourself and why you want to be staff on SBS? (100 words or less) - I have previous GM experience on Zephyr and Verian as my time there was valued the servers shutdown due to Owner negligence and i feel out of GMOD However, i have made a prominent return and have gained the trust and respect of my peers and fellows. There is a big lacking in decently timed events and i play to solve this problem with my activity i can provide decent to amazing events on a good time frame and have people satisfied for anything if i put my heart and soul into events providing new and fresh experiences

(8.) What do you feel you need to improve on the most? - My Game making and my event characters need to be more seriously directly to the story and effectiveness of the effect im trying to recreate  

(9.) How would having you on staff benefit our server and what sets you apart from the rest of the applicants? - with my previous experience and activity i can provide the community with the much needed event sustenance 

(10.) Have you been staff/are currently on any other servers? If so, which ones? (List them if possible) - I have previous GM experience on Zephyr and Verian as my time there was valued the servers shutdown due to Owner negligence

(11.) Have you ever been banned on any Garry's Mod/SBS servers? If yes, then please list when, how long, and the reason. - nope

(12.) How would you rate your skills overall out of 10 (EX: Patience, response time, etc) - 7 out of 10

(13.) How familiar on a scale of 1 to 10 are you with Garry's Mod Sandbox tools (Precision, Stacker, Adv. Dupe, etc)? 8 out of 10

(14.) Give us a couple of detailed examples of an event you would use and how you would proceed with them - GM_FORK i would make the mission about data retrieval and Position retaking allowing me to use all parts of the map to everyone advantage main force retaking the city, having different specialized branches complete capture and destroy objectives such as (Spartans, navy, Air force, ONI, BIOWAR, ETC) now i also have a separate plan for this using another event involving the flood. However back to the mission Commander. Zubeknakov Would ask us to attend a mission to retake a UNSC Held planet form insurrection on planet and quell the rebels for the safety of the civilians and business on planet there was a USNC Installation that was attacked and overwhelmed "hence why they are armed and dangerous" we will secure the city so that civilians may be safe, Then or while this happens we will have a separate fire time secure the UNSC Base and assure that nothing classified was stolen. Then depending on the outcome of both sides of the OPERATION. Reinforcements will arrive either Innie or UNSC to which we would fight or extract.

(15.) Do you have any experience using ULX or building on Garry's Mod? - yes 

(16.) You understand and realize, that by applying for staff on the server also means, that you are sacrificing the complete freedom of being able to RP freely all the time without any interruptions, and are obligated to handle all server issues at hand no matter the situation? - yes

(17.) Please make a list of all previous staff applications, a link to them, and the reason they were locked. If they were accepted, please give a short explanation of why you are no longer staff. (Disregard if this is your first application) -

RE: Barry's Game Maker Application - Banastre Tarleton-Woopius - 06-30-2020

+1 Best wish of luck!

RE: Barry's Game Maker Application - DarkestHour Jackie - 07-01-2020

(06-30-2020, 12:46 AM)Gonk Droid Wrote: (5b.) When listing the rules please explain what they mean to show that you understand them.
List Rules below
1:NO FAIL RP
2:BE RESPECTFUL TO OTHERS
3:RDM IS NOT ALLOWED
4:OBEY STAFF AND RP LEADERS
5:NO META-GAMING
6:NO MIC/CHAT SYSTEM
7:DO NOT AVOID THE AFK 

(14.) Give us a couple of detailed examples of an event you would use and how you would proceed with them - GM_FORK i would make the mission about data retrieval and Position retaking allowing me to use all parts of the map to everyone advantage main force retaking the city, having different specialized branches complete capture and destroy objectives such as (Spartans, navy, Air force, ONI, BIOWAR, ETC)

So I'm glad to see you've made an application

I'm gonna give you some feedback on your actual application first before my vote

So with question 5b, you need to explain the rules so if you can update that as to what the seven rules mean that would be great as it just shows us you know the rules.

Now with your example of an event, I like the concept but I feel you can flesh it out a bit more as it sounds like an outline for an event but not what the event itself is.

And ideally, we'd like to see 2 different events cause as a GM you will have a quota of events per week to reach so you need to show you can make multiple events rather than just one amazing one kinda thing.

Now with that being said I know you can be creative and you are dedicated.

The concerns are obviously with just a bit of the seriousness sometimes but that's not me telling you to treat this place like a job.

You are invested in rp and are good at your Air Force role.

The soundboard sometimes can become annoying to some people so just remember to use it in moderation because sometimes it does border onto micspam and as a staff member you'd be setting the example to other players.

Now I personally think you should be given a chance, so with all of the above being stated I will give you a +1

Good luck on your application

RE: Barry's Game Maker Application - Androice - 07-04-2020

Your application has been accepted.  

Welcome to the staff team and please contact me or Jack "Wolf" /Sinclair for training.