Star by Star Gaming
[Ban Appeal] Ban Appeal - Printable Version

+- Star by Star Gaming (https://starbystargaming.com)
+-- Forum: Hogwarts RP (https://starbystargaming.com//forumdisplay?fid=10)
+--- Forum: Ban Appeals (https://starbystargaming.com//forumdisplay?fid=15)
+--- Thread: [Ban Appeal] Ban Appeal (//showthread?tid=13299)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

RE: Ban Appeal - [red] Tyr - 08-01-2020

-1 He knows the word "negro" is racist and even peter told me it's a rule 2 loophole when he said the word lmao

RE: Ban Appeal - STEAM_0:1:1270655 - 08-01-2020

idk about your history of saying "negro" or abusing grey area terminology, if you have a history of warns for it, or hatespeech bans (which you don't disclose here), then it would influence people's votes. also what was the context of you having to say that word? kinda like saying "maggot" in ooc without any context. if you had no reason to say "gato negro" other than to say it, even if it was a copypasta, even though it means black cat in another language, then it could be considered hatespeech, and that's likely the reason for the ban. probably a warning would have sufficed for it, though it sounds like the sit got heated.

i defer to Ryte on the ltap since i'm neutral on the story (unable to prove your side of it).

RE: Ban Appeal - Lukas - 08-01-2020

(08-01-2020, 11:15 AM)[red] Tyr Wrote: -1 He knows the word "negro" is racist and even peter told me it's a rule 2 loophole when he said the word lmao

The word means "Black" Not any racist terms just the colour, as provided in the screenshot of the google translate and the brand.

RE: Ban Appeal - Finnishturtle - 08-01-2020

(08-01-2020, 11:15 AM)[red] Tyr Wrote: -1 He knows the word "negro" is racist and even peter told me it's a rule 2 loophole when he said the word lmao

it can be loopholing, reguires on the context.

edit: @Walden MacNair his response is just him trying to fuck over someone he doesn't like

RE: Ban Appeal - Sheikh Walden Shoeshiner - 08-01-2020

Negro can mean black as a color
Negro can mean black as a race with no racism (In portuguese)
So basically it depends on how u use it and considering its a wine brand no racism is intended

RE: Ban Appeal - STEAM_0:1:1270655 - 08-01-2020

(08-01-2020, 12:30 PM)Walden MacNair Wrote:

So basically it depends on how u use it and considering its a wine brand no racism is intended
So please dont come up with things without researches
just some perspective
the server is english, everything said is interpreted from an english pov

an artist never said "hey can you pass me the negro paint" with negro intending to mean black

if he was a new player who only typed in spanish and said something like "tengo pollo y frijoles negros para la cena" in chat it would be different, and they would probably be asked to do messages in English in the sit

RE: Ban Appeal - Sheikh Walden Shoeshiner - 08-01-2020

(08-01-2020, 12:35 PM)STEAM_0:1:1270655 Wrote:
(08-01-2020, 12:30 PM)Walden MacNair Wrote:

So please dont come up with things without researches
just some perspective
the server is english, everything said is interpreted from an english pov

an artist never said "hey can you pass me the negro paint" with negro intending to mean black

if he was a new player who only typed in spanish and said something like "tengo pollo y frijoles negros para la cena" in chat it would be different, and they would probably be asked to do messages in English in the sit

Yes thats why i said he should take care, i doubt lukas is intended to be racist, as i said negro is seen in the english language as an racist slur, Gato Negro being a foreign wine brand doesnt intend to be racist and he said the whole brand not only negro. 
But again i agree with you the server is english its seen in an english point of view.

RE: Ban Appeal - ScoobyDoobie - 08-01-2020

+1 he was talking about the wine

RE: Ban Appeal - Allia Sherri-Darkmoon - 08-01-2020

It is indeed a wine brand and it is spanish for black cat, also if someone was to say they are from Monte Negro, will they get banned also?

+1 full unban

RE: Ban Appeal - Etlenor - 08-01-2020

I've also had some issues with the word "Negro" around English people. In my language, it means "Black" or "Dark". It's completely harmless for me, but English speakers see that as something racist. I honestly don't see a problem with that word unless it's actually used with racist intent as it has different meanings. 

I also feel like everyone has the right to deny someone's statement and perspective on something. He had the right to deny it was racist ot the intention of being racist. The meaning of the word is subjective.

Personally, I feel like a reduction to 2-3 days would be appropriated. +1