Star by Star Gaming
[Moderator Application NA] admin - Printable Version

+- Star by Star Gaming (https://starbystargaming.com)
+-- Forum: Hogwarts RP (https://starbystargaming.com//forumdisplay?fid=10)
+--- Forum: Volunteer Staff Applications (https://starbystargaming.com//forumdisplay?fid=7)
+--- Thread: [Moderator Application NA] admin (//showthread?tid=15807)

Pages: 1 2

admin - alvinskyes - 02-22-2021

[b]Volunteer Staff Application Terms & Conditions
[/b]

Last updated: January 20th, 2021

These Volunteer Staff Application Terms & Conditions constitute a legally binding agreement made between you, whether personally or on behalf of an entity (“you”) and Star by Star Gaming ("Company", “we”, “us”, or “our”), concerning your volunteer services on any of our services and or platforms such as and not limited to, our websites, game servers, any other media form, media channel, console or PC application, mobile website or mobile application related, linked, or otherwise connected thereto. You agree that by posting this application and or responding to application question (1.) with "Yes, I do agree to these terms and conditions.", you have read, understood, and agreed to be bound by all of these terms and conditions. IF YOU DO NOT AGREE WITH ALL OF THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS, THEN YOU ARE EXPRESSLY PROHIBITED FROM APPLYING FOR A VOLUNTEER STAFF POSITION AND YOU MUST DISCONTINUE YOUR APPLICATION PROCESS IMMEDIATELY.

You accept and understand that you are not any form of an employee, contractor, or agent of Star by Star Gaming. You accept and understand that the volunteer services you provide will be a donation and under no circumstances will you expect wages, salary, or benefits from Star by Star Gaming for the services provided during your time as a Volunteer Staff member. We reserve the right to remove or let go of any volunteer staff member for any reason and at any time at our sole discretion.

Any and all actions, including and not limited to, player and or user punishment, such as issued bans or otherwise on our game servers, websites, or other platforms, as well as any statements made by you, or any behavioral misconduct, does not express the views of Star by Star Gaming and are conducted at your sole discretion. You agree that all of these are of your own and you withhold full personal responsibility. Your actions, behavior, and or statements will be taken or given at your sole discretion and you agree to defend, indemnify, and hold us harmless, including our subsidiaries, affiliates, and all of our respective officers, agents, partners, contractors, volunteers, volunteer staff, and employees, from and against any loss, damage, liability, claim, or demand due to the outcomes of your gross negligence, willful misconduct, actions, statements, and or behaviors or any other conduct on your behalf, which cause or may give rise to criminal liability while performing volunteer staff services for Star by Star Gaming.

IN NO EVENT WILL WE OR OUR DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, CONTRACTORS, VOLUNTEERS, VOLUNTEER STAFF, OR AGENTS BE LIABLE TO YOU FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, CONSEQUENTIAL, EXEMPLARY, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES, INCLUDING LOST PROFIT, LOST REVENUE, LOSS OF DATA, OR OTHER DAMAGES ARISING FROM YOUR VOLUNTEER SERVICES, EVEN IF WE HAVE BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES.

These Volunteer Staff Application Terms & Conditions can and may be updated at any time without notice at our discretion, so be sure to frequently check back for any updates to these terms and conditions. An effort to inform you that they've been updated will be made, but not promised, so it's your responsibility to periodically check back. By posting this application and or responding to application question (1.) with "Yes, I do agree to these terms and conditions.", you are accepting and agreeing to these terms and conditions indefinitely regardless of any changes or amendments to these terms and conditions unless or until you are no longer a Volunteer Staff member. If at any point you no longer agree to these terms and conditions, you must immediately resign from your Volunteer Staff position and cease to continue your volunteer services immediately.

[b]Please do not remove or delete these terms and conditions from your application, otherwise your application will be considered and declared void.

[/b]
Applicants Steam ID - STEAM_0:1:586897843

(1.) Do you agree to and accept the Volunteer Staff Application Terms & Conditions? If so, please answer with "Yes, I do agree and accept these terms and conditions." - yes, I do agree

(1a) What is your most recent or commonly known in-game name or alias? - Sasha Bean it used to be Beanie Fenk 

(1b) What is your current year level in-game? (MUST be at least 7th year to apply.) - y1 p1
(2.) In which time zone do you reside? -

(2a) Please provide the hours of the day that you are the most active on the Hogwarts RP server according to CST (Chicago, US), so the managers and staff know when they can expect to see you. - mostly at 5 pm or early if I can or 6 because I have work to do from 2-6 pm I help out my dad with things at his office but on Friday you can expect me all night or satrday,Sunday ill be there all day from 11:30 am or 8:00 am.

(3.) What is your age? - 14

(4.) Approximately, when was the first time that you joined our Hogwarts RP server and how did you initially discover it? -i join in 2021 but I played way before but gave the account to my brother.

(4a) How can we be certain that you will remain active on the server upon being accepted for a volunteer staffing position?- I am very active on the server sometimes I let go take a break but I always come back and check every 3 mins because sometimes the screen can hurt my eyes so I take a break for 3 mins come back and if no one needs help I would just stay on my desk doing things and checking as I do right now with homework in-game.

(4b) Do you understand that you can be let go at any time for excessive inactivity at our discretion? - yes I understand

(5.) Do you understand and agree to not only comply with, but also enforce the rules of the server when necessary? - yes

(5a) When listing the 10 basic rules, please explain what they each mean to convey to us that you understand and comprehend them wholly.
List Rules below:
1: don't fail Rp which means don't talk about outside of Hogwarts stay in the time period don't do or say anything non-related to the character you are playing as.

2: dont do any hate speech, disrespect against RP leaders, and offensive things which means don't say anything that will hurt the other person dont say anything offensive to anyone, and don't disrespect people who are a higher level than you which also means if I am you-know-who and you are a snatcher and you say something I do not like maybe something offensive I can report you for disrespect or just anyone in general.

3:
no rdm which means random deathmatch and it means that if you're a student and you kill another student you can get detention, ban for rdm the only case you can rdm is when its lockdown but not to the students but to the death eaters or if a snatcher pulls out a rope and you see it those two are the only case in which you can rdm.

4:
obey staff and RP leaders which means if you are a snatcher and I am you-know-who and you kill me you can get a warning because as you-know-who I am more powerful and a higher level and you are a 3rd-year snatcher or if I am a death eater that would be the same thing but as death eater, I too have to obey Voldemort and when it comes to staff just do not disrespect them because they help out on the server they are friendly and they help you and they spend their time helping you.

5: no freespelling which means spells like verdimilious can hurt students and would be rdm if you kill them or other spells that do damage or like stupifying the teacher can get you a ticket to detention.

6: no metagaming which means do not tell people in chat as OOC or op that you are being snatched and to come and save you or if you are in discord with your friends and telling them to come and save you would be metagaming and reported and to not switch roles when doing something bad like if you are erp-ing and a prefect is about to send you to detention and you change your job that will also be metagaming.

7: no mic or chat spam which means talking loudly in your microphone or using some video from your phone to the mic like if you are playing a song on your phone and you put your phone to the microphone purposely or using a voice changer and chat spam which means if you are saying a word in the chat non-stop or spam words or letters into the chat.

8: don't use owlpost for anything that's not RP like using owl post to tell your having a party owlpost is only for RP purposes only like for the teacher to tell the class pts is on.

9:dont ERP (erotic roleplay) which means do not do/say anything sexual or moan into the mic or noises will be counted as ERP basically say things like its a friendly server.

10: do not avoid the AFK system which means using +right or +left on the console to keep you spinning and to stop you from being kicked from the server when AFK or using your headphones to keep pressing the arrow button so you keep spinning that would be abusing AFK and this will result in a 1-week ban.

(6.) Tell us a little about yourself and why you would like to be accepted for a volunteer staffing position on SBS. (100 words or less) - well I have lots of free time and when I was younger I would watcher harry potter non stop like it was impossible like it was an addiction like I can name every Horcrux in harry potter also I really really like this game its a game I have never seen before and fell in love with it and some times people break the rules when no admins are online and I play almost every night when no admins are not online it goes crazy and I just want to help out :)

(7.) In your opinion, which quality of yourself do you feel that you need to improve on the most? - sometimes i get a little angry at people who mock me or disrespect me but that does not happen very often and I am doing this thing every day when I need to be calm which is eat ice cream in front of a heater because in Mexico it is very cold and watch a video how to make a homemade tea if I need to.

(7a) In your opinion, which skill set of yours do you feel that you need to improve on the most? - being most active and trying to not ban the wrong people.

(8.) How would having you on our volunteer staff team benefit our server and what qualities set you apart from the rest of the applicants? -it can benefit the team because i am very active sometimes and i love the game and when admins are offline you can count on me to be there!

(9.) Have you ever previously maintained a game server staffing position, or currently are, on any other Garry's Mod servers? If so, which ones, and in which staffing positions? (List them if possible) - none This is my first time but I am a fast learner.

(10.) Have you ever previously been banned on any Garry's Mod or SBS servers? If yes, then please list approximately when, how long, and the reasoning(s). - only one time on Hogwarts I was banned for the AFK system rule I was spinning while I was AFK but I don't know-how it was a glitch.19

(11.) In your opinion, are the server staff or the players of more importance? Why? -i think both because you need to respect admins but you also need to care for students who need help so my answer is both.

(12) How would you rate your skills overall out of 10 (E.g., patience, response time, etc.) -my patience- 10  my response time- 8 helping students with their needs-10 helping people -10 calmness-10.

(13.) If you find yourself in a 'staff-sit' where you're unsure of how to fairly distribute punishment and or handle the situation or discrepancy at hand, what do you do? -i contact another admin if there is none I will go back and look at the rules and what i need to do or I message an admin that is online on the discord server.

(14.) You both understand and realize, that by applying for a volunteer staffing position on the server, you are sacrificing the complete freedom of being able to role-play and or socialize freely all the time without any interruptions, and are obligated to handle all server issues and or volunteer staff position tasks at hand no matter the situation and to the best of your abilities? - yes :)

(15.) If applicable, please provide a list of all your previous volunteer staff applications, provide a link to them if possible, and list any reasons why they may have been locked. If they were previously accepted, please provide a short explanation of why you are no longer a volunteer staff at the time of this application. (Disregard if this is your first application) -since i have none i am going to leave it like this.

RE: admin - Life Socks - 02-22-2021

I don’t believe I’ve seen you in game before, and so I can’t comment on anything related to your character; however, the rules seem to be explained poorly, and I believe they’re out of order.
It just overall looks rushed and unclear.

Hey! Thanks for fixing up your app. It looks better now.
However, I still have to agree with Ryte.

-1 for now.

RE: admin - Pierre Saint - 02-22-2021

So, I want to preface this by saying, I really don't mean to be harsh on you and you're actually very nice. So don't take anything I say personally, just as constructive criticism.

Beginning with the application itself. I'm not sure if you looked at the rules because they are completely out of order in here and it seems like you kinda just put them down in the order you thought of them in. Regardless, with the first rule you stated and the fourth, you have some big misunderstandings of these rules.

1. While you are half right with the hatespeech and saying offensive things, the disrespect to RP leaders would fall under the server's rule 4. You also say that it breaks this rule to say anything offensive to anyone, which has it's exceptions ie a DF disrespecting a student who is snatched (within reason ofc)

4. I think you have a big misunderstanding of this rule. Freespelling, on its own, doesn't break server rules, and staff are not obliged to deal with that, as freespelling stupefy would fall under RP rules, what prefects enforce. This rule more has to do with a large group of people combining spells ie descendio to continue to get someone stuck.

Now, even us staff members get confused on some obscure job rules and such, but not knowing even some of these basic ones is worrying.

Aside from this, I think you simply aren't ready for a staff position. And that's not just cause I never see you prefecting or playing on leadership roles or that you only just joined, but even stuff you state in your own application is deeply concerning.

and some times people break the rules when no admins are online

If you break rules on the server, and are admitting it, how can you be expected to enforce them? Even as a trial moderator there is great trust put in you. Your word is evidence and you are an example to all the players on the server. Furthermore, weren't you just banned this week?

Anyways, if staffing is really something you want to pursue, give it some time. Get yourself well known and read over the HogwartsRP Compendium. Also, as I know you've been messaged, you gave away loads of personal information on this app, which you should take out.

Don't take this personally, but it's a -1 from me.

RE: admin - alvinskyes - 02-22-2021

hi yes i did not know i had to put it in order because i thought it would look bad but I updated it. thanks, Pierre ill come back once I understand more thanks for your opinion

RE: admin - Corey - 02-22-2021

I believe I've seen you around as a Death Eater, Student etc but personally I don't believe you'd be a good fit for staff. From experience on other servers, a lot of really young staff members cop a lot of shit from the minges and trolls and are usually not taken seriously (Not always the case, but I see it often). Probably why most servers have an age restriction to their applications.

With young people comes immaturity, I know there are some mature teenagers but at the end of the day, biologically, they aren't matured yet until about 25 years old. I'm not trying to say you should be 25 to apply, for me 16 - 17+ it a good age. You're also a very new player so I'd say get more known in the community, prefect and host prefect meetings (Have to get prestige 5). I don't think I've ever seen you prefecting but then again time zone may be different.

Additionally, I think the application could do with some work, aside from what Pierre said above about the rules. Cleaning up the app, using proper punctuation, grammar and formatting. Generally making it look more professional I guess. It looks very rushed and is missing information, such as your time zone.

Don't mean to rip in on this comment, just my opinion.

Its gonna be a -1 from me. Good luck mate.

RE: admin - Izumi - 02-23-2021

Hello Sasha,

I admire your ambition, I am sure you'll be a great addition to the staff team in the future if you continue to play on this server for an extended period of time.

However, I believe it is a bit too soon to apply for admin, as this comes with tons of responsibilities.

I suggest that you perhaps try to set some smaller, more realistic, and achievable goals for yourself.

That can range from aiming for a certain Prestige or looking to engage in more prefecting and putting yourself in uncomfortable situations with students who are actively breaking rules.

With time, you'll learn the majority of the rules from all the different interactions and scenarios, and your application will look that much more solid.

For now, I will unfortunately give you a -1.

Best of luck and hope to see you continue to roleplay on the server, don't give up! =)

RE: admin - Juri Kim - 02-23-2021

If you're the same Sasha I was seeing on yesterday, you definitely were letting people get the best of you in OOC when it came to arguing and coming for Hermione the prefect.
When stuff like that happens, it's just best to just disengage from that and move on. If it escalates, just report it to staff to handle.
In a leadership role, you need to make sure you're always able to keep your cool because people will do their best to get under your skin in sits.
I'll be keeping my eye out more for you but until then i'm going with a -1.

Good luck with your application!

RE: admin - Ryte Lionheart - 02-23-2021

You just came back from a ban. Now is not a good time

RE: admin - Ellie Martin-Hubbard - 02-23-2021

Hello Sasha! I love that you’re wanting to do staff but I personally do not think you’re ready yet. You are a very sweet girl but you used to be super mingy and you were also super disrespectful. You have grown a lot in little time, but you still need to grow more as in not letting people get to you. I also think you need to spend more time with the community so they can get to know you better. 

I’m sorry but it’s going to be a -1 for now.

RE: admin - kingkoala - 02-23-2021

not honestly seen u around due to being banned cuz recnt dumb shit i did. but form reading ur app. i say neutral +1. u seem nice atm. only doubt i honesty place is ur age. but thats just me. i seen 15-17 be really good in being mature in handling issues so. *shrug*