Star by Star Gaming
[Ban Appeal] ban appeal for apparently family sharing? - Printable Version

+- Star by Star Gaming (https://starbystargaming.com)
+-- Forum: Hogwarts RP (https://starbystargaming.com//forumdisplay?fid=10)
+--- Forum: Ban Appeals (https://starbystargaming.com//forumdisplay?fid=15)
+--- Thread: [Ban Appeal] ban appeal for apparently family sharing? (//showthread?tid=16478)

ban appeal for apparently family sharing? - DeadTrimMcGee - 06-09-2021

(1) What is your in-game name? - Rice Gremory

(2) What is your steam ID (including any banned alt accounts)? - STEAM_0:0:133199926

(3) What is the name of Admin/Staff who banned you? - the console

(4) How long were you banned for? - 1 week 5 days

(5) Have you been banned on any SBS server before? If so, approximately how many times? - alot but never for this

(6) Have you been banned within the last week? - yes i just got off one

(7) Why were you banned in this instance? (Explain in Detail) - i just had my ban reduced from rdm i had sat on gmod waiting for the minutes to go down to log on and get banned for apparently attempting to bypass with family sharing. I was confused as i actually dont know what family sharing is so i googled to find out how it works i do not even have an alternative account for steam and have not tried to access the server in any other way and ive never seen or been banned for this anywhere

(8) Do you think you deserved the ban? - no

(9) Why should you be unbanned? - because i didnt do it

(10) Have you learned your lesson from this ban? - no i didnt do anything 

(11) Provide a Screenshot of the message that appears when you try to join the server: - 

For Question 3, you can also tag the Staff Member who banned you so they can receive an immediate notification. To do this, type the: "@" symbol and the name of the staff member after it. If you are not sure who the staff member is on the forums, just list their in-game name and Forum Staff/Server Staff will tag that staff member!

RE: ban appeal for apparently family sharing? - Marlene Weeny - 06-09-2021

Heya Rice,

So family sharing bans are automatic and done by console. It is there for people who make throw-away steam accounts, and game share to that account from their main account that is banned, to attempt to alt to bypass a ban. So most likely what happened is that either you are 1.) family sharing with a friend of yours that is currently banned or 2.) you attempted to alt account during your 2-week ban, and that account got banned as well. And due to the fact that you are still linked to that account, your main account got banned again. 

If I am going to be honest, it is probably the latter alternative. After looking at your ban message, it is for the exact amount of time your 2-week rdm ban would be at if your appeal hadn't been accepted and reduced. The only way to fix this is to give us the steam ID of your alt account as well.

RE: ban appeal for apparently family sharing? - DeadTrimMcGee - 06-09-2021

yes marlene but as stated i do not have an alt steam account

RE: ban appeal for apparently family sharing? - Ariel Lionheart - 06-09-2021

As Marlene said, we require the steamid of whatever account is connect to yours in order to unban you. Otherwise, if we keep unbanning your main account, it'll just reban you when you try to log in. If anyone is connected to you via family sharing, or has logged in on the same computer, or sometimes just the same network, and they get banned, then it will also ban your account. You'll have to figure out what steam ID is attached to your account in order for us to be able to help you.

RE: ban appeal for apparently family sharing? - DeadTrimMcGee - 06-09-2021

As stated I do not believe I have any steam alt accounts I only have one desktop and no one but myself goes onto i Do not believe I have another steam account but I can check old emails to see if any other steam accounts pop up I’ll try to let you know as fast as I can

RE: ban appeal for apparently family sharing? - DeadTrimMcGee - 06-10-2021

@Marlene Weeny after looking into some emails I noticed a steam account  recently made all though I  did not  create this account have  no  memory of it took a while to get into with  changing the  password  and  finding out the username here is  the ID  (i  have not looked  to  see if this  account is banned)
STEAM_0:1:608996493

RE: ban appeal for apparently family sharing? - Marlene Weeny - 06-10-2021

Hey again,

So if you attempted to alt account while you were banned, please do let me know in pms and we can discuss this. We all make mistakes and I am willing to work you but you just need to be honest. 

EDIT:

Hello again,

You messaged me and were completely honest which is something I respect. Both accounts have been unbanned, you are free to join whenever :). 

P.S. Just be more careful in the future as it could lead to an extension if it happens again. 

Appeal Accepted

Both Accounts Have Been Unbanned

RE: ban appeal for apparently family sharing? - Sibyl - 06-10-2021

Accepted in full by Marlene!

Appeal is closed.