Star by Star Gaming
[HW StaffM Application] David Elios/Arsene's Staff Manager Application (bombshell app) - Printable Version

+- Star by Star Gaming (https://starbystargaming.com)
+-- Forum: Community (https://starbystargaming.com//forumdisplay?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Volunteer Community Staff Applications (https://starbystargaming.com//forumdisplay?fid=35)
+--- Thread: [HW StaffM Application] David Elios/Arsene's Staff Manager Application (bombshell app) (//showthread?tid=16589)

Pages: 1 2 3

David Elios/Arsene's Staff Manager Application (bombshell app) - Elios - 10-13-2021

Your old content:
Volunteer Staff Application Terms & Conditions

Last updated: January 20th, 2021

These Volunteer Staff Application Terms & Conditions constitute a legally binding agreement made between you, whether personally or on behalf of an entity (“you”) and Star by Star Gaming ("Company", “we”, “us”, or “our”), concerning your volunteer services on any of our services and or platforms such as and not limited to, our websites, game servers, any other media form, media channel, console or PC application, mobile website or mobile application related, linked, or otherwise connected thereto. You agree that by posting this application and or responding to application question (1.) with "Yes, I do agree to these terms and conditions.", you have read, understood, and agreed to be bound by all of these terms and conditions. IF YOU DO NOT AGREE WITH ALL OF THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS, THEN YOU ARE EXPRESSLY PROHIBITED FROM APPLYING FOR A VOLUNTEER STAFF POSITION AND YOU MUST DISCONTINUE YOUR APPLICATION PROCESS IMMEDIATELY.

You accept and understand that you are not any form of an employee, contractor, or agent of Star by Star Gaming. You accept and understand that the volunteer services you provide will be a donation and under no circumstances will you expect wages, salary, or benefits from Star by Star Gaming for the services provided during your time as a Volunteer Staff member. We reserve the right to remove or let go of any volunteer staff member for any reason and at any time at our sole discretion.

Any and all actions, including and not limited to, player and or user punishment, such as issued bans or otherwise on our game servers, websites, or other platforms, as well as any statements made by you, or any behavioral misconduct, does not express the views of Star by Star Gaming and are conducted at your sole discretion. You agree that all of these are of your own and you withhold full personal responsibility. Your actions, behavior, and or statements will be taken or given at your sole discretion and you agree to defend, indemnify, and hold us harmless, including our subsidiaries, affiliates, and all of our respective officers, agents, partners, contractors, volunteers, volunteer staff, and employees, from and against any loss, damage, liability, claim, or demand due to the outcomes of your gross negligence, willful misconduct, actions, statements, and or behaviors or any other conduct on your behalf, which cause or may give rise to criminal liability while performing volunteer staff services for Star by Star Gaming.

IN NO EVENT WILL WE OR OUR DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, CONTRACTORS, VOLUNTEERS, VOLUNTEER STAFF, OR AGENTS BE LIABLE TO YOU FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, CONSEQUENTIAL, EXEMPLARY, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES, INCLUDING LOST PROFIT, LOST REVENUE, LOSS OF DATA, OR OTHER DAMAGES ARISING FROM YOUR VOLUNTEER SERVICES, EVEN IF WE HAVE BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES.

These Volunteer Staff Application Terms & Conditions can and may be updated at any time without notice at our discretion, so be sure to frequently check back for any updates to these terms and conditions. An effort to inform you that they've been updated will be made, but not promised, so it's your responsibility to periodically check back. By posting this application and or responding to application question (1.) with "Yes, I do agree to these terms and conditions.", you are accepting and agreeing to these terms and conditions indefinitely regardless of any changes or amendments to these terms and conditions unless or until you are no longer a Volunteer Staff member. If at any point you no longer agree to these terms and conditions, you must immediately resign from your Volunteer Staff position and cease to continue your volunteer services immediately.

Please do not remove or delete these terms and conditions from your application, otherwise your application will be considered and declared void.

This is not a joke Application, I am 100% serious and ready to take this role on if selected. If you see parts of the Application that may look odd or jokey, it's most likely me making light of something or just trying to be funny. But the overall application is serious and intended. Just throwing that out there. 

[Image: giphy.gif]

Applicants Steam ID - STEAM_0:1:83386645

(1.) Do you agree to and accept the Volunteer Staff Application Terms & Conditions? If so, please answer with "Yes, I do agree and accept these terms and conditions." - 

"Yes, I do agree and accept these terms and conditions".

(1a) What name and or alias are you most commonly known as within the SBS community? -

I am most commonly known by David Elios. If you don't know that name, it's best you keep it that way chief.

(1b.) What is your age? -

22 (Jesus lol)

(2.) Which volunteer community staff position is your application for? -

Hogwarts Staff Manager (desu)

(3.) Approximately, when was the first time that you joined our community and how did you initially discover it? -

I joined the community around 2016 or so, so actually it's been 5 years. I found it through a YouTuber who trolled the servers frequently. 

(4.) Community staff are held to a much higher standard both in general and with activity when compared to standard game server staff. In this case, do you understand that you can be let go at any time for excessive inactivity at our discretion? -

Yes, I completely understand and will abide to these terms.   

(4a) How can we be certain that you will remain active on the server upon being accepted for a volunteer staffing position? -

I know many of you are gonna look for this question. Let me clear, my activity is not a godlike amazing, but I believe it's at a point where I am involved with the community, and that I actively know what's happening. You can't do that just by playing for a one day a month. I've been getting more on and on since spring, and more active towards the summer. Of course I was thinking of originally applying for Mod again, but I don't think I could do it with the mindset I have now. It would feel kinda weird and it's an opportunity that does not present itself very often.

But let me tell you this, I will remain active on the server, and any other parts of the community that I'm needed on. Of course everyone has to know that a lot of the work done by the managers are more behind the scenes, but if you already know me I love being on the server. I won't neglect that at all. In every position I've been in, I've done the best I can to remain active on all platforms as our previous and last Community Aux. No one did what I did, at least.. To my knowledge. Also I immediately took the steps to appropriately resign once I got burned out, I didn't worry about a successor, I got tired of the job, and left.

So be assured if I do feel that my activity is not on the level to which is most needed to my standards as a Manager, I will take the steps to fix that, and if not, step down so that another can take the role on and actively perform their duties. Because at the end of the day, I can be replaced. 

But I will promise that I will be present.

(5.) Tell us a little about yourself and why you would like to be accepted for a volunteer staffing position on SBS. (100 words or less) -

My name is David. I like games, kingdom hearts is pretty fire, yo sora got in smash who have thought??? Im not good at making these, I'm literally talking from my brain. Blame Lexa.

(6.) In your opinion, which quality of yourself do you feel that you need to improve on the most? -

I think I need to shut up sometimes lol. Literally, I don't stop talking, it's nuts. But sometimes I can say something that may perhaps bother someone. So I just generally think I need to watch what I say when joking around. But that's just kind of always been me to always be funny and try to have a good time but not offending/hurting anyone intentionally which very rarely happens. But do know that if I say something stupid, I'm not going to dismiss someone calling me out on it, I'm very apologetic on things that I know I'm at fault for. Please note it's only me saying stupid stuff, nothing private or confidential I keep that stuff very serious.

Alright alright, before anyone points this out. Yes, activity, major thing right there. I get on when I can of course, but not like for a minute, an hour or two for so. I'm actively trying to do things, not just really stand around almost all the time, which I can do on an occasion to just chill. But on server I am actively playing. So this will definitely be one thing I feel could be said. I stated a lot of this in the previous question. 

(6a) In your opinion, which skill set of yours do you feel that you need to improve on the most? -

My ability to focus. Bruh I can get distracted easily, my attention span is like Pierre, you throw a bottle at him, and he won't react for a few seconds. I did that once with stupefy. It was pretty funny. (I love you Pierre <3) 

I could use refreshers on the ULX commands again, that would be nice to learn again and get back on! 

Probably my knowledge on server rules, I'm pretty well acquainted with many of them already since I've been here forever so probably wanting to take more time into getting back into that mindset would be a good idea!

I'm not sure what else.. If there are things, please list them for me! Feedback for this always helps from another perspective!

(7.) How would having you on our volunteer staff team benefit our community and what qualities set you apart from the rest of the applicants? -

1. Trusted

I have been in this community for a long time, and maintained a good standing within the Staff Team and the community during my previous positions. I have made many decisions, and many difficult choices as well, and it was something that required a lot of patience, knowledge and initiative. But I have been known to always try and do the right thing. I have never went rogue, or challenge the integrity of the community. But obviously I will say, that I have had my issues with the community, but none that I would inappropriately act about.

2. Experience. 

I have tremendous experience in almost every single position in the community (literally), including management. Here are the previous positions I have been in: 

- Hogwarts Moderator and Admin
- Clone Wars Moderator and Admin
- Halo Admin
- Halo Staff Manager (Super)
- Community Auxiliary (Super)
   * Hogwarts Staff Manager (Temporarily as part of the Aux Role) 
- Forum Admin

Believe it or not, the position I am most proud of that I worked in, was Halo Staff Manager. I was the first Staff Manager of Halo, I created the procedures, the team and everything regarding staff. I built the foundation which only a select few of people in this community did. And, it worked! I struggled a lot, and it was very hard to do it almost all by myself, but thankfully I had a good influence of people around me. Not many Managers did this, only the founding managers of each particular server did. So again, I am most proud of the foundation of staff I originally created on Halo. 

But, I am also proud of being the first Alex Casey nerfed Community Supervisor position! Community Aux! YEAHH!! Hah... Hah... 

Jokes aside, that position I believe no longer exists, but it's primary role was to assist the communities and it's particular managers in maintaining the servers functionality. If a Manager was unavailable, on leave, resigned, I would take up that position and act as that current role. This was a very tedious position, it required me to be active and present in all 4 platforms of our communities which I held very high. I achieved that success. I worked with all the staff, really trying to get to know them, and contribute to it's growth.  

3. Involvement and Engagement.

The one thing I always did while in in the roles I've held was to maintain a good reputation and relationship with each particular server. This includes both it's Staff and Players which are both very important to me. I wanted to serve as an extra person to talk to if staff ever had questions, feedback or concerns they wanted to talk about if they did not feel comfortable speaking to their direct Manager. This also includes players as well, as I always interacted and roleplayed with the general community. Hence that's one of the things I am very proud of is being able to interact with the community and understand the player perspective. I never really like to be in the side lines or the background, I like always being in the front and in the face of the community. Going around and messing around with players and just having a good time is literally what makes this community so fun. That's important to me and that is me!

4. Commitment 

All of my roles I have held has always gotten at least 90-100% of my skills. I strive to work to the best of my ability in any position I have held. I always try to give the best I can to any situation and really work as hard as I can. I again strive for the best results in my abilities to my task. I always try to commit finishing a task. Of course, if I deem that I do not have that motivation or that commitment, I will take the necessary steps to regain that motivation. Being in this position can be very taxing, especially since it's a volunteer position. So of course, I need my breaks at times. However, in the situation where I feel that I truly cannot continue in this position, I'll resign. I rather have someone more motivated in this position that someone like me who doesn't. It's not a positive look nor a positive trait. 

5. Honesty

Listen, honestly is a hard thing to come by with people. But I always try to give good inputs and my honest opinions on any topic I am asked about (To the best of my ability and depending on the topic). I always want to "try" and be open about issues that are appropriate for community decision and commit to being better and making positive change. But that is a challenge of course. Only few people have been in these types of positions in the community, and it's hard to understand someone in that position unless you've really seen what they truly do. As I stated before about needing to shut up, I have within the weeks talked about some controversial topics that were in general not the best to speak about which I'm now aware/not informed of and have fixed. 

6. The Player Perspective

Now I resigned a year ago, which I took a lot of that time to better my life, which I did! It's sick now, mostly. Because honestly, I got burned out and I didn't want to hold my position any longer when someone could take that up and do better that I could at the time. So after all that time, I started to play more during the spring up until now, it was slow but rising activity in a way. I was able to experience what it was like to be a player for the many years I was staff, I saw what players wanted or felt about the staff and the server. It really gave me another perspective to think about. So going into this, I'll be like many of you non-staff, seeing what things we may need or not need, and making the appropriate changes if needed. Cause I'm here for you guys, I got you FAM!

7. Failure

So, what makes someone a success? Failing, yep, straight up failing. I want to fail at many things, because those failures will help me find the appropriate tools/methods to see if something works or if something doesn't. To experiment and test the waters, to see if it's needed. I'm not really afraid of failing but I expect to in many ways, but not in the bad, more of the good if that makes sense? So I'm looking to make more success by failing in areas that I'm not familiar with! Because no-one succeeded by not failing at things. If I do something wrong in some situations, I'll admit that I could do better and I'll fix it. I take accountability for actions that weren't handled correctly, and to improve, hence I failed but next time, I know what I need to do to not fail. 

8. I just want to have fun

Yeah, crazy right? Having fun?? Who would ever thought that. Well here's the thing, if your not having fun, you shouldn't be staff. I've always taken pride on the positions I've been in and enjoyed what I did, and never really kept my reputation as a super professional person unless needed to be. Being a super really kinda made it a hard to RP since people see the rank and they get nervous or dismiss playing with me.. Kinda sucks. But I just want to have fun and just enjoy myself on server. 

(8.) Have you ever previously maintained a game server staffing position, or currently are, on any other Garry's Mod servers? If so, which ones, and in which staffing positions? (List them if possible) -

Yes: 

Reborn Gaming: Mod and Gamemaster (Trial)

I honestly hated both positions so I resigned from the positions. 

(9) How would you rate your skills overall out of 10 (E.g., patience, response time, etc.) -

Patience 9:

I feel as I am very patient when it comes to certain situations. I always strive to listen and give people the time to express their ideas and opinions. I think having strong patience is what truly makes a great leader. I am always willing to listen and take the time to really understand a topic that someone is talking to me about. I'm very polite about those types of things. 

Leadership: 10

I am very proud and strong willed to act as an appropriate leader for those who are willing to follow. I maintain good morale and respect for those who speak to me. I love to inspire and create a positive environment for all people to the best of my ability. I see this as a challenge that is hard to achieve. But it is a challenge that I continue to strive for to the best of my ability. I am happy to guide anyone and teach those who wish for it. I work to be the best I can be for myself and others. I am a peoples person, and I know how to talk to people and really try to find the answer they have. While I can be strict in some instances, the majority of the time, I always encourage and elevate to be better and to be greater with a strong positive attitude. Because no one will follow a leader who only puts themselves first. I put the team first, and I plan to do the same since I am here for you, to help guide, lead, inspire, and of course create the best experience I can.

Judgement: 8.5

This may be one of my weaker traits, but one that is still good. I believe in most cases I make good decisions and judgement on certain issues. I will say from previous experiences such as issues that were very serious involving people, staff and server related issues, I handled "MOSTLY" well, though I do wish I could alter some of the decisions since some could have been better handled on my part. But I don't plan on making decisions myself, having the community's input and staff as resources to help make the best possible outcome, will bring out the best judgement I have. Even though I take time to finalize a decision, I always consider the factors for it, and if it's the best possible outcome. But I make the best decisions when I gather thoughts from others.

Communication: 9 1/2

This is going to be the most important skill I will need in this position. This was a skill I did have issues with in the past, but after I resigned, I learned to communicate so much better with my co-workers and management at my job and my internship. When I became a Captain for my College eSports Team, I knew communication was going to be a big factor for my team. I worked extremely hard to talk to my team and communicate practices, sessions, game nights and plans. As a Captain that was important, and as a Staff Manger I will be bringing that same skillset with me as well. Communication as the Staff Manager is EXTEREMLY IMPORTANT. Communicating with the staff, the players and the entire community is VITAL to success in this position. 

Teamwork: 9

I love the teams I work on. A team is not successful when only few do the work (unless it's a science project, took the w on that lol). Jokes aside, I rely on everyone to do their fair share. As I've stated previously in the application, I put the team first, the team is first, the objective is 2nd and I am 3rd. An objective cannot be done, if you don't put effort in to helping your team. I want to be a person who can help in any situation, I'll put the work in to ensure the success of the team. I work very well with others, I'll be straight up, I can't really do things by myself all the time.

Knowledge: 9

The fact that I had to know almost every single rule of every server killed me... But Hogwarts has remained as the server I primarily specialize with in knowing rules. However, I am not super perfect with them off the top of my head. I always still use the compendium in a side tab to ensure that I am always 100% correct when it comes to knowing and abiding by the rules. I've been in this community for almost 5 years (don't roast me), so knowing these rules, is kinda my 6th sense. But again, I always want to double check and ensure that I am correct when a situation calls for it. I'll also be straight up that custom job rules is definitely not my best area of knowledge cause ya know how its, everyone be making a new job with a Final Fantasy character on it (CALLING YOU GUYS OUT MONKAS). Go to Jacob for that lol, idk anything about broken customs lmaoo. I also have pretty good judgment on what makes RP sense as well, so I'll say that within the Grey Areas of the rules, I'm good at making the most RP appropriate decision.

Attitude: 10

I have a very positive and outgoing personality. I try to always make the best out of a situation, because in the end, I'm here to have fun and enjoy myself while also making it enjoyable for others. I always feel as I'm very approachable and laid back. I always treat people with dignity and kindness, even when they are in the wrong, because for me, it would go a long way. I respect opinions, even if I disagree with them, because everyone has their opinions about everything and a perspective about them that I may not see. I'm passionate about what I do, I always strive for the best, and I always want to look above. I do not have a professional, business like persona. I am very public, and I like to be me, hence what makes me very outgoing! I'm not standing in a hallway just chilling most of the time, I run around, RP, goof off and just be myself. But of course, keep in mind, that a staff situation, always requires me to be professional since I am serious about ensuring that a situation is handled correctly. But out in the front, I'm a goof head. But I will say, I've become more blunt and critical in certain matters which I feel some may feel is a bit too aggressive, but really I'm not trying to be. I want to be straight up with that. 

(10.) Provide a couple of examples of situations or issues you may encounter and how you would handle them in the position you are applying for -  

Please note that every situation is different with many different factors, a situation listed here may not be handled the same way due to different scenarios and context, so it all will vary. I'm going to be very careful with wording since I don't want to confuse anyone. But these would be my process of thought I would normally have if these topics came to light. If there are situations you feel as I didn't mention that are important to this role, please list them in your comment. I'll edit this question and tag you or private message you which of course you can use in your vote/etc. Especially if there are in a type of grey area scenario. 

I've always sucked at making this, but hopefully it gives you an idea. Please note that I will say "context matters" a lot lol, because it does. So don't go crazy over that e_e. 

A) Staff Behavior and Standards

Staff engaging in Toxic/Inappropriate behavior. Any staff member that is engaging or portraying in toxic behavior on our platforms such as our TS/Discord/Servers/Forums is not tolerated. Staff are expected to maintain a positive image as they are individuals who help keep the server running. Depending on the issue, a staff member can receive a warning, a suspension or even an immediate demotion, but it all depends. 

Staff Harassing/Humiliating/Insulting/ETC players/staff. Staff should never be getting involved in situations where they are attacking, harassing, insulting others regardless of status on server. It is inappropriate behavior which can lead into a very stern warning, a most likely possible suspension or a demotion. Again, context matters but is not tolerated. 

Staff Standards. I expect staff to be behaving and acting appropriate when on an SBS platform. Staff should be actively moderating/gamemaking the server, engaging with issues pertaining to their role, maintain activity and most importantly.. Having fun! That's the most important. These are the general standards I would expect from all staff. 

B) Staff Activity 

> One Week of Inactivity. If a staff member is showing signs of inactivity meaning: They're not getting on, they're not attending meetings or even not communicating inactivity will generally receive a notice from me asking what's going. If they're just feeling burnout, having personal issues, needing a break or even just wanting to play a game, that's okay! Staff would need to communicate that to me so I don't assume that there is an activity issue that's about to present itself. Depending on the scenario maybe they need an LOA and of course I'm going to hold that individual accountable to getting it back up.

> Second week of inactivity. If a staff member is moving to a second week of inactivity on server, then it's an official conversation that I need to have explaining what's going to happen if it continues. This type of conversation can foresee a possible demotion which would be stated during it. This counts as a strike/official warning.

> Third week of inactivity. If a third week of inactivity happens, then that staff member will be informed that they are in a danger zone, and if it doesn't pick up. The fourth week is automatic demotion, no exceptions. 

LOA Standards. LOAs are important, they give us time to relax, take some time off, or deal with things we need to do in irl. It's vital for staff to take needed breaks as the server can be stressful and can be overwhelming. I would say that an LOA should be generally a week or two. Anything longer would need to be made as a special exception such as: Personal issues, school, etc. LOA is not meant to be abused but as a tool. I care about people, and I want to ensure that the staff are taking the time they need to be great whether on server or irl. 

LOA Abuse/Consistent LOA use. If a particular instance like this happens, it would be a conversation I would need to have with that staff member as taking multiple LOAs in a sign of inactivity to me unless given a special reason. If something like this happens, I would prefer a resignation over a demotion. But context on the issue matters, so anything goes. 

C) Staff Feedback/Reports from players

Players who have feedback for staff should:

(1) Speak to that staff member and let them know (If you feel comfortable).
(2) Possibly speak to another staff member (or one you feel comfortable with) and let them know! Or speak to an Admin or of course, come to me! 
(3) Make a post on feedback to explain what they like/dislike about a particular topic in staff. 

Positive Feedback for Staff. Giving positive feedback is always something that makes me pretty happy. Seeing that someone is doing well in their position is a huge plus for me, especially when others see it. Feedback like this is something I immediately want to give to staff when possible! Having context as well is important!

Negative Feedback for Staff. Depending on what type of feedback it is, it can be handle in multiple ways. If it's something minor that is still bad but nothing outrageous. That can just be a simple talk for clarification on that issue, reminders for the general body of staff or a possible investigation. It all depends but negative always need to have context so that we generally improve the quality of the time as a whole. 

Staff Reports can either be very straightforward or a complex case, it all just depends. Staff Reports are always taken seriously in my book and I am very critical when it comes to dealing with them, to not just staff but to the player reporting. Reports are serious and can affect a staff member tremendously, here are some scenarios:

Staff Reports w/ evidence. Reports that can contain valid evidence of wrongdoing on a staff member will be disciplined accordingly depending on the context. This can be from disrespectful behavior on server, power abuse, ignoring blatant rule violations on server, etc. It all really depends but usually results in primarily a warning/reminder. If it's something more major of course this can be a suspension or even a demotion, bans as well can be possible. 

Staff Reports on Repeated Violations/Offenses w/ Valid Evidence. Staff who are continuously involved in issues and offenses is not tolerated in my book, it's not acceptable at all. Especially when it's something I've discussed to someone directly such as a warning, to me that seems like a slap in the face to me and that my warning was ignored. This can result most likely a suspension or a demotion. I'll say it again though, it depends on the situation, but repeated offenses are handled much harshly. 

Players w/ little evidence. It's difficult to deal with players who have little evidence as there can be not much to go off. But hence, it's not something I'll ignore as it can be something important to look into which is something I'll most likely and usually do but of course, there are no promises on what I can do. But I do always try to keep reports like these on record in case something similar happens in the future. 

Players w/ no evidence. Per reporting rules, all players are required to provide evidence on staff for any offense they commit. Reports like these will be immediately locked and denied. I will not act on no evidence with only an accusation. 

On occasion I'd like to make surveys that are completely anonymous to help collect honest feedback about what people are thinking about staff. I am very confidential when it comes to feedback that is private, so please be assured that if I do ask for feedback it is completely private and for my own use to help improve in areas we need. 

D) Staff Care and Bonding

As a Staff Manager, my main duty is to care and tend for the needs of staff. I always want to ensure that everyone is having fun. I feel as I am a strong leader who can lead others in a positive and strong direction. I'm good at giving feedback, criticism, guides, thoughts, etc. But let's go over some scenarios:

Staff who feel unmotivated. This scenario would require me to talk to that individual and find what's going on. Being unmotivated to staff can result in many reasons such as: lack of performance, real life stuff, jealously, negative encounters, etc. I think it's super important to always talk about the good things they do, never the bad. Inspiring a staff member of the good traits and qualities they have, can go a long way, and that's what someone did for me once. If they're lacking in a particular area, then it's important that I work with them to help strengthen that area. Motivating that person is my goal as I care more about their wellbeing. 

Staff Activities/Team Building. Yo yo, so when I was on Halo, we did these fun staff bonding activities that were super fun. This could be doing events on server that I hosted, horror maps, co-op games and more! These things would be fun to do every now and then! So I would love to incorporate those same methods into hogwarts staff if possible! Even like movie nights would be pretty sick, I always enjoy good shows to watch with others so it'd also be a cool thing to do!

Check ins. Every now and then I'll check on staff in private 1 on 1s to check on them! See how they're doing, what's life been like, are they enjoying staff, future dreams etc. I love getting to know people and bonding with them, so having these types of engagement is super important to me. This is something I did in the past and it has worked effectively!

E) New/Trial Staff

It always a pleasure to have a new member join the staff team, I love training people as it helps me get to know them and work on them to be awesome. As Staff Manager I will continue to do the same, but of course give others opportunities to do so with supervision as I want to ensure that Trials are always being trained properly. 

Trials will be given lots of attention so that they can be effective in both learning and performing their duties. Ensuring that they are being well trained and attended to for any questions of concerns they may have at any time. I'll always check in with a trial to make sure they're doing okay and if they have any questions or concerns about the role itself. 

I care a lot about the success of a trial since trials are an important part of growing the team and having a diverse set of minds. So giving them the attention they need to succeed is important for those reasons and of course to learn things for themselves! 

I always encourage those who are interested to seek help and guidance as I'm always willing to help those who need it! Giving feedback, tips or pointers can be a huge difference in helping someone. I want to make that publicly clear to ensure that's available, mock trials I know are a thing and I feel are super effective! I hope that I can be a helper in improving that program!

If there are other things I haven't mentioned, please feel free to comment below and I'll answer it! 

Small Additions:

- After so much demand, my mom has somewhat agreed to run certain parts of the meeting after me begging. I know, crazy. Not all the time though. But hey! She's great!!

- Twitch Streams on the SBS Channel for community updates, feedback, questions, etc. Be kinda cool I feel! I feel as there's a lot we could do with that, some funny shit as well I feel.

- community banning lexa! :^)

(11.) If applicable, please provide a list of all your previous volunteer staff applications, provide a link to them if possible, and list any reasons why they may have been locked. If they were previously accepted, please provide a short explanation of why you are no longer volunteer staff at the time of this application. (Disregard if this is your first application) -

There's too many... I've stated all my positions previously. I'll only note my recent positions.

Community Aux (Accepted - Resigned) 
Forum Admin (Accepted - Resigned)
Halo Staff Manager (Promoted/Demoted lol?? - Moved to Aux)

Things to note: 
  •  I am not toxic by no means, if you see me talking in a way that seems toxic, I'm not. It really is just me messing around, I will never intentionally cause issues to other people or engage in behavior that is inappropriate
  •  How I act on server, does NOT reflect how I handle staff issues. I am extremely professional and take every matter seriously. I am goofy and funny by heart, but I know when to be serious and when not to be. 
  • I have a good standing in the community in terms of bans/kicks. I abide to rules at all times. 
  • I am not currently a staff member, only ex meaning it's difficult to show off my staffing abilities but I feel as my experience can back it up. I learn pretty fast so I can get up to date on things pretty fast. 
  • I've memed this heavily, but I am applying out of my own will of passion, not because Sora literally got into smash cause I literally was stating that everywhere but that's only intended as a joke. I'm fully serious on applying. 
  • I can commit with the schedule I have now, I originally planned on applying for Server M. but deemed my schedule for the fall to be too hectic, now that a lot of it has ended/cleared up, I have a lot of time to commit!

THANKS FOR READING! Any issues or anything that needs clarification on this app, let me know through DMs or on your post, whatever works chiefs. 

[Image: giphy.gif]

RE: David Elios/Arsene's Staff Manager Application (bombshell app) - Katarina - 10-13-2021

HUUUUUGGGGEEEE +1

One of the best Applicants out there
and i am so happy to see to see you apply 

I definitely think that you're you are what the community needs 
and i believe that you would make so many changes that needed to be done and fix a lot of the issues that are going on right now 

you also have past experience in a super role which make it a lot easier getting used to a role like that
(Long Live Community Aux DAVID)

RE: David Elios/Arsene's Staff Manager Application (bombshell app) - ERROR: NAME NOT FOUND - 10-13-2021

David is one of two conceivable applicants I would give my full +1 to. He's been the source of a wealth of information to help me when I started out, and has always been someone I could reach out to and ask questions to. He is not without his critics, however, who feel he can be a bit emotionally invested sometimes. 

David has shown he can be trusted with the powers of this position and that he has an interest in fixing things. I felt he did good in his previous run as a super, still being one of the more active people during a wave of staff inactivity. I feel that this pick would shake up the status quo as he has not grown accustomed to the different personalities on the staff team right now. This is probably the largest concern, getting a super position without being on the team at all, but special circumstances regarding you history make this less of a concern. 

+1! I really can't decide between you and the other applicant I gave my +1 to so I feel this will be a tough decision for Guy.

RE: David Elios/Arsene's Staff Manager Application (bombshell app) - Pierre - 10-13-2021

This is kind of odd, voting on someone else’s app for the same position you're applying for. However here I am, showing up to praise David Elios because, yes, he really is that good.

David is a truly special applicant, one that if I wasn’t applying would receive comments from me such as “He’s the only pick for the position.” Instead, I’ll phrase it this way. David is quite literally the only person I would trust in this position as much as I would myself. From my first week after a long period of inactivity until now, David has been a beam of light on my experience both on and off the server. From player to mod to admin, David has continued to give me advice when I’m at a crossroads, employing his wealth of experience from his years dedicated to the server. Post his resignation, David has continued to remain a role model, not only for myself, but for many in the community. He’s a natural leader, one that engages the listener. I have no doubt that David will do great things for the team if he is chosen. Best of luck dude.
+1

RE: David Elios/Arsene's Staff Manager Application (bombshell app) - Tony - 10-13-2021

So the legend was true after all... David Elios is really going for HWRP Staff Manager position!  TriHard

Now, the serious talk. Unfortunately I can't give my own opinion about David's previous runs as a superadmin as I wasn't part of the community at the time, but it is a fact that he did extremely well. His staffing experience and his skills speak for itself. Him not being in a staff position in the server rn shouldn't stop him from getting SM tbh, I believe he's qualified enough for it even if it's been a long time since he voluntereed himself for a community position and he's an outstanding role model for all staff members and players, one of the few people that is worth reaching out for help.

Without further ado, it's an easy +1. Knowing there's also some good applicants around, this is gonna be tough for Guy to pick too.

RE: David Elios/Arsene's Staff Manager Application (bombshell app) - Sibyl - 10-13-2021

Hi David :)

First I want to say, that I am really happy to see you apply. You've been a long-time member of this community and have helped not just me, but many others, both while you've been staff and not, and I just really appreciate everything you've done.

But there is a concern I have. And that is the fact that you haven't been in a staffing position for over a year now. And the main thing that worries me about that is that since you haven't been staff for so long, how will that affect your position as Hogwarts staff manager? Because I feel that a key part of being a good staff manager is having a good relation with the rest of the staff team. I know that you're already pretty good friends, or at least well acquainted with a number of members of the current team. But after being away for as long as you have, how well can you say you know the team you'd be taking charge of? And how well would you be accepted among them versus someone who's been on the team for a bit already? That's just something that's come to mind about you applying and I think is important.

However, even with that said, I would not doubt that you'd do great if you were to get the position. You've done a wonderful job previously David, and I'd truly love to see you back.

RE: David Elios/Arsene's Staff Manager Application (bombshell app) - Chloe Blackfyre - 10-13-2021

Easy +1

Simply put, he's got the experience and he does it damn well. My only possible concern would be how you'd adjust to the staff team considering you've been away from it for a while, but I consider that to be relatively minor. My respect for you has grown immensely recently as you've been incredibly approachable and understanding, which I consider to be great qualities for a staff manager. 

Best of luck, dude. 

RE: David Elios/Arsene's Staff Manager Application (bombshell app) - Emily Broomhandle - 10-13-2021

I’m pretty sure not long ago there was a campaign for your return lol?

From your app and experience it’s a +1 from me even though you do bully me a lot :( 

I can see David leading the team without any bias but also not too serious. We are all here to have fun remember.

Good luck!

RE: David Elios/Arsene's Staff Manager Application (bombshell app) - Elios - 10-13-2021

(10-13-2021, 09:58 PM)Sibyl Wrote: Hi David :)

First I want to say, that I am really happy to see you apply. You've been a long-time member of this community and have helped not just me, but many others, both while you've been staff and not, and I just really appreciate everything you've done.

But there is a concern I have. And that is the fact that you haven't been in a staffing position for over a year now. And the main thing that worries me about that is that since you haven't been staff for so long, how will that affect your position as Hogwarts staff manager? Because I feel that a key part of being a good staff manager is having a good relation with the rest of the staff team. I know that you're already pretty good friends, or at least well acquainted with a number of members of the current team. But after being away for as long as you have, how well can you say you know the team you'd be taking charge of? And how well would you be accepted among them versus someone who's been on the team for a bit already? That's just something that's come to mind about you applying and I think is important.

However, even with that said, I would not doubt that you'd do great if you were to get the position. You've done a wonderful job previously David, and I'd truly love to see you back.

Very tricky questions here, one that I will admit struggle on since those questions do require me to actually have current staff knowledge which I do not possess since I am not currently apart of the team. These questions however are going to heavily relate to being Community Aux since a lot of these questions have similar events to when I was getting accepted to the role.

It is true that it's been almost a little more then a year of being off the staff team, and asking how it will affect my position is a good question. The answer is, it won't. I currently don't see or feel a reason why anything negative would happen if I was to join back after this long period of time to my knowledge. I still have the same mindset but with added qualities and stronger traits. I have always been able to create and maintain strong relationships with staff when I was in the Community Aux role, I had to do that constantly with all the servers which is more of a challenge then focusing on one particular server. When I was accepted into the role, I had to quickly get adjusted to both Clone Wars and Hogwarts, this is no different since I was only Halo Staff Manager, I was not apart of any of the other server staff teams. 

The next question being "How well can you say you know the team you'd be taking charge of".

The answer is... I don't! I don't know how things are currently running now, and that's something I'm going to easily adjust to as I did when I had to learn everything when becoming the C-Aux. So while I don't know exactly the full functionality of the team, I see this as no challenge for me to easily learn and become adjusted in a very short amount of time. I did it with Halo, I did it with Clone Wars, and Hogwarts in the past. I see this as an obstacle, but one I can easily overcome. Like how Nintendo got Sora in Smash (I'M NOT GOING TO STOP COMPLAINING ABOUT THIS). 

And companies always hire newer fresh managers or even transfer managers to different locations who have to do the same exact thing, I see it similar to that. So again, a small to no challenge maybe! 

The final question "...How well would you be accepted among them versus someone who's been on the team for a bit already". 

I definitely see where your going with on this question. Unfortunately I cannot fully answer this because it's a question that would be more best suited towards staff. It really depends on how the staff feels about a non-staff member joining their ranks as one of the supers.

However, I feel as that can be weird or even uncomfortable for some, but I'm not an applicant who has no value to show. Of course, if staff feel as me not being staff is not okay, then that is completely okay! Staff need to feel comfortable on who they think will be the best in their eyes and sometimes using an outside resource can really make a difference (which is what I am!). I have a lot to bring to the table, an outside perspective is not a bad thing if shown to be useful! A lot of this can be answered in question 7. That explains the reasons to why I believe I'd make a great Staff Manager. So as a non-staff member with my record, I feel as I would be accepted very well among most staff who feel comfortable with me joining. I hope I worded that right!

I don't know if that answers the question, please let me know if I did or did not, if not, I can try to go into more detail.

RE: David Elios/Arsene's Staff Manager Application (bombshell app) - Jacy Nayeli Shoelace - 10-13-2021

Hello David!

I'm very happy to see that you applied! I have heard nothing but great things about you from a lot of people that knew you when you were super. And from what I know of you on the server, you are extremely approachable, nice, and trustworthy. While you haven't staffed in awhile is a bit concerning and you not knowing the staff team, most of us know you. We know how you are and how are you with others. I honestly think you would be a great fit for the position.

+1