Star by Star Gaming
[HW ServerM Application] Enzoe's Hogwarts Server Manager Application - Printable Version

+- Star by Star Gaming (https://starbystargaming.com)
+-- Forum: Community (https://starbystargaming.com//forumdisplay?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Volunteer Community Staff Applications (https://starbystargaming.com//forumdisplay?fid=35)
+--- Thread: [HW ServerM Application] Enzoe's Hogwarts Server Manager Application (//showthread?tid=16699)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

RE: Enzoe's Hogwarts Server Manager Application - Astral Spiritus - 07-15-2021

+1
You have always been a kind and level headed person, and I think you'd do this position well.

My only concern is you activity. I haven't been around myself, so if that has improved, then I have no other concerns.

RE: Enzoe's Hogwarts Server Manager Application - Ophelia - 07-16-2021

(07-13-2021, 08:10 PM)Enzoe Knight Wrote:

The entire staff team resigns out of nowhere:
Pray and cross my fingers there’s some trustworthy applicants at the time. 

^^^^ lmao

You're knowledge of rules and situations on the server has always impressed me.  I always see you trying to bring new experiences to players through your roleplay and creativity.  You have been a staff member for quite some time now and every situation I have seen you deal with you have done with a level head and an unbiased approach.  

The only possible concern that I could see is your activity within the community and on the server.  Over the past two weeks though I feel I have noticed your presence more consistently.  I'm excited to see that continue. 

Neutral to +1  Good luck!

RE: Enzoe's Hogwarts Server Manager Application - Erynn Sinclair - 07-16-2021

My problem with these applicants is that for me, there's certainly a split.

Mike Donner and Gina are very much players who play at the same time as me, typically playing at 12-4PM BST

Meanwhile Enzoe and Trevor play at the later times for me / UK players, talking like 2AM BST.

Hence I havn't seen enough of the latter 2, I would love a sever manager who has a relatively, how would you say... flexible time where they are on, so they can interact and do as much as possible with the server.

Over all, I see Enzoe (Or possibly Trevor) as being the most fit for the position though, long time experience, very friendly, no involvement in drama, I think the only thing I could personally ask is more interaction on the forums, particularly regarding how name appeals were so abandoned and never got a response for a good few months.

+1

RE: Enzoe's Hogwarts Server Manager Application - Walden - 07-16-2021

+1 I agree with what everyone said, I feel like Enzoe is also one of the best applicants

RE: Enzoe's Hogwarts Server Manager Application - Ryte Lionheart - 07-16-2021

Spoiler: Disclaimer

I have been playing with Enzoe for quite a long time. My interactions with him have been very pleasant and he doesn't seem to let himself get tied into cliques revolving around the server.

He shares a lot of the same opinions I have when we have are staff meetings, and he is by far the most agreeable person to work with.

His knowledge of the rules and experience would leave him being a very safe pick for the position.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I don't really have many negatives to say, but this could be because we don't play together too much.

You are indeed active and still hold interest on the server and find ways to enjoy yourself, a lot like what I do when I come on.

I guess my feedback would be for you to just be more vocal and involved in staff chat discussions to show you are there and listening.

Spoiler: Vote

RE: Enzoe's Hogwarts Server Manager Application - Seraphin Red - 07-17-2021

HUGE [Image: cooltext388996964141752.png]

Ever since I first became active on this server, Enzoe has been The [Image: cooltext388996890255390.png](aside from Kelly) on the server. Enzoe is the ONLY staff member, period, who has been consistently active, consistently dedicated, and consistently providing players with positive experiences. Enzoe has always shown that their number 1 priority is the health of the server, the health of the playerbase, a ruleset that makes sense and actual RP that is not too serious to be fun. This mindset is disturbingly uncommon amongst the staff team, but Enzoe has always been unwavering on it. Being knowledgeable in the workings of Gmod, the lore of Harry Potter, and the social climate of the server are important factors here that Enzoe exceeds other applicants on and if you disagree you haven't been paying attention.

Enzoe
does not take things too seriously, but also doesn't take anyone's bullshit. Enzoe has proven to have positive and meaningful guidance on many issues and I would love to see Enzoe in a position of authority on this server. This application is great, this staff member's history is great. I think Enzoe would make a great server manager.

RE: Enzoe's Hogwarts Server Manager Application - Kelly Sparkles-Bubble - 07-17-2021

Enzoe, More Like Benzo-Server Manager! 

I definitely think you are the strongest candidate for this role. I think you have this steer-clear of drama kind of thing that is refreshing. I think you also have the drive and motivation to stay active in this role. I think as long as you can communicate thoroughly you can be the best fit for this position. You are a calm person who can be level headed. I think your creativity will also be a benefit for this role as well. I hope you the best of luck. 

GO ENZOE +111111111111

RE: Enzoe's Hogwarts Server Manager Application - ERROR: NAME NOT FOUND - 07-17-2021

If I had to describe Enzoe in two words, it would probably be "Fun Sponge." 

His style: Prefect. Doesn't teach. Even acts like a prefect on non-prefect jobs. 

Consistently active for sure.

Perhaps bias toward friends, many of whom have already posted in this topic, but his friends don't really break rules so no one will see it as a huge issue. Obviously would be bias towards Myranda as she is to him, but she is already in one of the highest staffing positions and is seen as strict to many, and she had the good sense to declare it and recuse herself from voting (it would be expected that Enzoe would recuse himself in disciplinary matters regarding Myranda if he got the position), so again this seems to be a non-issue, but still worth noting. 

Glaring issues:
He's wanted to forcibly change someone's custom and tried to rally staff consent and create a new ruleset out of thin air because he didn't agree with the job description matching the ruleset to the letter for a certain job, which really scares me at the thought of it because that will instantly cause conflict with the server owner and custom owners in the position that he is applying for. 

I recall another instance where you thought Dumbledore could rescue from the GY and it turned into an argument where you needed to consult with the staff manager rather than the compendium - something even a trial mod could do- to learn that he can't rescue. The level of stubbornness in this encounter was frankly surprising. This led me to believe that there will be inconsistent interpretations with the compendium and a lot of "Well Enzoe 'the Staff Manager' said..." instances among players and staff which contradict the actual reality of the rules everyone has to abide by, and you may even change what is written just so you can appear to be right or because you think the rule should be different. This is not a form of progression, but rather regression. 

I feel you are overly serious (at times) and this would in turn push towards a more serious take on enforcement on the server. Things like "freespelling on unarrestables"- even between friends who are not interfering with other peoples RP - might begin to get people long bans. People will begin to resent the staff team more and more under you if you were to get it without changing how you approach things. 

I would also like to point out at the time of writing this you seemed to be focusing more on passive gambling attractions over the past couple days than addressing serious, time-sensitive player reports that were coming through, while separately issuing mass server warnings with 4+ enforcement staff online and kicking people without sits. There needs to be a reevaluation in your priorities as you come across as aloof and dismissive to not only me, but the peoples whose sits were being ignored. There was an expectation for you to act and respond, a call which you did not answer. 

I give a Neutral to -1, I feel that you were hamming it up and trying to appear more favorable since Michael resigned to look more appealing, but it's resulted in the opposite effect. Had this been more around the time of his resignation, I might be a more favorable vote, but if this is a taste of what's to come I'm quite frankly worried. 

RE: Enzoe's Hogwarts Server Manager Application - Isaac Runeblade - 07-17-2021

Quite a nice individual and seems to be professional enough to handle this position. +1

RE: Enzoe's Hogwarts Server Manager Application - Garbo - 07-17-2021

(07-17-2021, 01:01 AM)ERROR: NAME NOT FOUND Wrote: I feel you are overly serious (at times) and this would in turn push towards a more serious take on enforcement on the server. Things like "freespelling on unarrestables"- even between friends who are not interfering with other peoples RP - might begin to get people long bans. People will begin to resent the staff team more and more under you if you were to get it without changing how you approach things. 

I definitely agree with your points, but this one speaks to me. Honestly, sometimes I just wanna hit a friend with a stupefy but I feel I'm gonna catch a ban for doing it. To the point where I don't really want to play when Enzoe is on because of how strict he can be. He is cool af so nothing personal but I would be worried going forward.