Star by Star Gaming
[Ban Appeal] Trotters Winstonworth - Ban Appeal #2 - Printable Version

+- Star by Star Gaming (https://starbystargaming.com)
+-- Forum: Hogwarts RP (https://starbystargaming.com//forumdisplay?fid=10)
+--- Forum: Ban Appeals (https://starbystargaming.com//forumdisplay?fid=15)
+--- Thread: [Ban Appeal] Trotters Winstonworth - Ban Appeal #2 (//showthread?tid=17073)

Pages: 1 2 3

RE: Trotters Winstonworth - Ban Appeal #2 - Misa - 09-13-2021

No vote currently - but didn’t you say something along the lines of “I will put a gun in your throat and personally pull the trigger for you”? Because like thats alot deeper than just saying kys online; I do get the situation prior was pretty fucked and it escalated things but on the same note I’m fairly sure all parties are no longer on the server. Until further clarification on what was said I won’t vote. Neutral.

RE: Trotters Winstonworth - Ban Appeal #2 - Trotters Winstonworth - 09-13-2021

(09-13-2021, 03:12 PM)Misa Sugarplum Wrote: No vote currently - but didn’t you say something along the lines of “I will put a gun in your throat and personally pull the trigger for you”? Because like thats alot deeper than just saying kys online; I do get the situation prior was pretty fucked and it escalated things but on the same note I’m fairly sure all parties are no longer on the server. Until further clarification on what was said I won’t vote. Neutral.

What I said was..."you should put a gun in your mouth and pull the trigger"

I was being harassed by multiple parties and I lashed out. In hindsight, I should have reported the issue to staff and deescalated the situation or logged out to avoid conflict.  

RE: Trotters Winstonworth - Ban Appeal #2 - Sabrina Grace Spears - 09-13-2021

Reading your appeal and the comments it sounds like you said some really disgusting things. Like Ophelia said saying KYS online is one thing but explaining graphically how to do it is absolutely horrendous, even if you were being harassed. You should have just let staff known and they would have taken care of it. Threats and bullying are taken very seriously on the server. You seem to have a history of being toxic as well
-1 for full unban or reduction

RE: Trotters Winstonworth - Ban Appeal #2 - Edgar Nova - 09-13-2021

+1 for an unban just using the 2.5 months as time served. Do think that a perma for this is a little over the top, especially since dude was following him around in separate games and basically baits him into fighting back and then reports him for it. If he had gone after someone saying it with no provocation then it might be a little different but seeing as thats not the case I can't support a perma for having a go back at someone and then them pussy reporting.

RE: Trotters Winstonworth - Ban Appeal #2 - Trevor Moongoose - 09-13-2021

Hey Trotters, 

I'll be clarifying a couple things in my response as well as leaving this open for staff and community replies.
I'm going to start off by saying the reason for this ban was not for saying "kys" but rather for a death threat / drama.
The reasoning that I and many other staff members came to the agreement that it was a death threat was for the reason,
Trotters says "I hope everything is going good in your life then, I will put a gun in your mouth and blow your head off."
Yes, some have heard to be "If I were you I'd put a gun in my mouth and pull the the trigger." I and many others see it different.
Regardless, this sort of behavior and what was happening to you doesn't warrant this behavior like you think it does Trotters.
When I initially pulled you for it Trotters you said and I quote, "I have a reputation to uphold on this server." I don't know why you think that helps.
Here will be 2 clips which were provided to me and showed to all staff, then continued in the perma banning of BOTH parties.
I will also add, drama was slapped onto that reasoning for the constant back and forth between Trotters and the others.
(SOME PEOPLE ARE SAYING IT HAPPENED OFF SERVER BOTH CLIPS WERE ON SERVER THE FIRST HE WAS STREAMING TO SOMEONE)

I would love to hear the opinions of everyone community and staff, they all help a bunch in coming to a decision.
On another note though, I find it odd you say you've never said anything about a minor but you most definitely have, I've heard it 2 times.
I have a clip of the one, the other the clip has since expired and I do not have it.
Lying in your appeal doesn't help your case in any way at all. 

If anyone has any other questions regarding this ban, please feel free to message me on either Discord or Forums, even quoting my reply works.
This will stay open until either I come to a decision or if its voted upon at the next staff meeting.

RE: Trotters Winstonworth - Ban Appeal #2 - Krepsie - 09-13-2021

After viewing the clips and seeing the conversation you and Trevor had that lead up to the discord ban appeal being denied there’s something that needs to be addressed here. 

When Trevor was trying to help you about how to prevent it from happening in the future (Recording Videos and Sending it to Staff, muting them etc etc…) you got defensive and started talking about how it didn’t prevent the harassment and lashing out. 

This concerns me because if you’re not going to take advice from others including staff members on how to handle the situation moving forward how can we trust you to return back? 

I’m going to have to side with Ophelia as far as stances go. I’m not going to -1 this forever, but you do need to wait out your ban longer. 

This appeal is a -1 from me

RE: Trotters Winstonworth - Ban Appeal #2 - Trotters Winstonworth - 09-13-2021

At this point, I'm not sure what to do.  I've been banned for over 4 months, I've explained I'm sorry, I'm owning my mistake, I spent time on my appeal... This behaviour is not acceptable and, again, I'm sorry .

Is there anything I could have said or done differently for the appeal process or was this set in stone? 

Edit: In regards to the video ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YubppQtsPO4 ), I was explaining the definition of "eleven-teen-year-old" by sayings "hot 16-year-olds" who dance on tik tok... 

RE: Trotters Winstonworth - Ban Appeal #2 - Joey - 09-13-2021

(09-13-2021, 12:25 PM)ERROR: NAME NOT FOUND Wrote: Tyr gets a 2 day ban  for saying kys after his extensive history of disrespect, but yeah let's just perma trotters because fuck it why not. 

something feels shady about this ban and it seems motivated by other factors. 

+1 for unban.

This is a really weird comment, you and I both know this is an irregularity, just because someone banned Tyr for two days doesn't mean that's the standard. When it comes to "Kys" bans they are treated like hatespeech or deaththreats. Always has been that way except maybe way way back. Also the use of the nword and fword, are very popular "gamer terms" that doesn't factor into anything when it comes to banning on gmod. We shouldn't be lenient on people who say things to this effect, harmfully and ooc. These people are obviously having drama and beef and I understand why he was brought to say that, but it was not needed. I do think a ban reduction is required still after all of this, do I think the ban was motivated by other things? Possibly, but when someone is going around talking about hot 16 years olds and telling people to kill themselves. I think they should be removed from the server, until they make a public appeal and get checked. This is that appeal Trotters you need to reevaluate how you operate on the server.

+1 for reduction

RE: Trotters Winstonworth - Ban Appeal #2 - Etlenor - 09-13-2021

this shit is giving me melvin vibes rn. you fucked up big time and most of us certainly appreciate the time you put to think through this and the apologies, but I don't think that's sufficient to actually redeem the stuff you've said and apparently have done. it's not cool having someone stalk you around the internet, doxxing you and be a creep in general and im sorry that happened to you, but i also think that once you get comfortable in the community again, it would only be a matter of time for you to pull some dumb shit again. idk man, this shit confusing as fuck. neutral to -1

RE: Trotters Winstonworth - Ban Appeal #2 - The Real Ronaldo - 09-13-2021

I'm gonna hesitantly say +1 for reduction

You definitely deserved a ban, you can't be saying shit like that on the server. What makes this more complicated is the fact that the Josh dude was literally being a fuckin stalker creep and in your situation I'd probably want to retaliate or something too? Idk tbh I'd probably just never want to be around that dude again and try to get him banned or something but that gets hard since he's doing shit off server and unless it's translating to harm on the server, staff are gonna have a hard time doing anything about it. The fact that you chose to retaliate on the server is where you fucked up. I'm gonna maintain though that a perma is unneeded in this instance.

On a separate note, while you might think it's not a part of this appeal, it came up in the clips you're posting as evidence, so now it's involved. Don't sexualize underaged people. Unless someone has seen you actually being inappropriate with a minor, I'm gonna assume your 'hot 16 year old' comment was some kind of edgy joke or something (because there's not much context for me to go off of here). "Joke" or not though, that shit is not welcome here and as far as I see it is far worse than telling some creep to kill himself.

EDIT: After getting some more context on the comment, it sounds like what was said was pretty innocent (not really a pedo joke like I initially thought), gotta admit it sounds weird out of context tho, prolly just avoid subjects like that.