Star by Star Gaming
[Ban Appeal] Ban appeal - Printable Version

+- Star by Star Gaming (https://starbystargaming.com)
+-- Forum: Galaxy of Magic (https://starbystargaming.com/forumdisplay?fid=141)
+--- Forum: Ban Appeals (https://starbystargaming.com/forumdisplay?fid=144)
+--- Thread: [Ban Appeal] Ban appeal (/showthread?tid=19419)

Pages: 1 2

Ban appeal - Joe Rosa - 08-24-2022

1) What is your in-game name?
Rosa Sinner

(2) What is your steam ID (including any banned alt accounts)?
STEAM_0:1:207068964 (main)
STEAM_0:0:592112258 (alt)

(3) What is the name of Admin/Staff who banned you?
Console (automatic ban for family sharing)

(4) How long were you banned for?
Permaban

(5) Have you been banned on any SBS server before? If so, approximately how many times?
6 times varying small things 

(6) Have you been banned within the last week?
No, other than my current ban being reinstated 

(7) Why were you banned in this instance? (Explain in Detail)
Originally my ban was for having a family share, but I also scripted which was not okay, this story seems all familiar and it’s a bit redundant but the gist is I got scripts from a friend and thought I would try them out, as foolish as I was I did use them unfortunately. This was due to my main being banned and me not really thinking at the time and I made a poor choice.

(8) Do you think you deserved the ban?
Yes, I deserved this ban without a doubt. But I’ve learned from it as well, believe me I have. It’s been almost two years I’ve missed playing and want to reconnect with my friends on the server like normal, I don’t want this issue to occur again neither will I let it if I get unbanned. I just want to prove to you that I learned from this ban and that I’m ready to come back with a new attitude and better judgment.

9) Why should you be unbanned?
I think I should be unbanned for a few reasons. 
1. It’s almost been two years since I’ve been banned and I’ve learned my lesson from this ban, I’ve had lots of time to think about the stupid and idiotic decision I’ve made a year and a half ago. 
2. I would like to get another chance to prove I have changed. I know the number 1 thing you guys have denied me for (which is absolutely reasonable and fair) is the fact that scripting bans are hard to prove and tedious and overall troublesome. I understand that and I sympathize with you guys because I’m sure it’s not fun dealing with scripters. But I do believe I should get another chance because I promise this will not happen again. Perhaps you can see it in yourself to give me a chance, if so it’ll be greatly appreciated. 
3. Lastly, I just want to reconnect with friends and others from the server and have fun. I was like any other player, I just want to be able to experience that again and not be shunned due to my wrongdoing (which is fair) 

(10) Have you learned your lesson from this ban?
Yes, I've learned from this ban and won’t ever family share or script in any form again, like stated if there is anything I can do to prove I won’t script by all means let me know. I can stream before I get on to prove I won’t use any foreign software. 

(11) Provide a Screenshot of the message that appears when you try to join the server:

RE: Ban appeal - Larissa - 08-25-2022

Hey Rosa I think everything you said in your appeal is truthful and I hope you get unbanned because after all this time I think you deserve it.

I really don't think that you will need to stream every time you log in, that is quite excessive but your willingness to be so transparent tells me that you truly won't do it again and really want to come back. 

+1 Good luck.

RE: Ban appeal - Adrian - 08-25-2022

Omfg just give him another chance. He has been banned for two years and clearly shows remorse for what he has done.

+1

RE: Ban appeal - Jerome - 08-25-2022

+1 for unban, I personally think that there should be a ban wipe. There is nobody even playing the server anyways, all they can do is just boost the server pop.

RE: Ban appeal - ashlynn ♡ - 08-25-2022

I said it once, I'll say it again ;
Just let the man return. If he gets caught doing so again it's obviously a ban, and he knows better. 
It's been an entire what 500+ days since his ban? I see no wrong in giving the man another chance on a new server. 
Seems even more sincere in this apology and appeal. Let the man have another shot. It was for b-hopping for gods sake. He is giving staff every damn reason to allow him back, even stating he will stream and shit to ya'll. If that doesn't prove how sincere he is, then idk what's up with ya'll. As long as he no longer possess' the scripts, I'd say give him the damn chance. 
I've honestly seen people get perma-banned over nothing and unbanned over much worse shit than this, and it's disgusting. 

+1

To be fair, the server is in dire need of players. 

RE: Ban appeal - Bathilda - 08-25-2022

unban the man its been years.... 
things and people change in years. 
+1 

RE: Ban appeal - Bҽʅʅα*:・゚✧ - 08-25-2022

I just have 2 question in regards to all of this that seems to be left out of the appeal...How did it lead up to this?

1st Question, Were you caught once with scripts and received an instant perma ban? Or did you use them multiple times and got increasingly longer punishments?

2nd Question, what was the account you were family share linked to banned for? And was it you or someone else on that account?

I ask because this was a long time ago, and the story I hear always feels disjointed, different, faint and confusing. As well as me hearing that generally there was more to your ban than meets the eye.
Perhaps you can shed light, perhaps not.

No vote currently.

RE: Ban appeal - Charlie Allman - 08-25-2022

He's been banned longer than a lot of people have been playing. He's learned his lesson and should be treated like everyone else who got their bans wiped and should be given a second chance. Free da homie.
+1 UNBAN

RE: Ban appeal - Joe Rosa - 08-25-2022

(08-25-2022, 02:20 PM)Bҽʅʅα*:・゚✧ Wrote: I just have 2 question in regards to all of this that seems to be left out of the appeal...How did it lead up to this?

1st Question, Were you caught once with scripts and received an instant perma ban? Or did you use them multiple times and got increasingly longer punishments?

2nd Question, what was the account you were family share linked to banned for? And was it you or someone else on that account?

I ask because this was a long time ago, and the story I hear always feels disjointed, different, faint and confusing. As well as me hearing that generally there was more to your ban than meets the eye.
Perhaps you can shed light, perhaps not.

No vote currently.

You’re good dude, lol. You’re questions are completely valid. To answer your first question, my permaban was already given by the time I family shared. I was on an alt when I got caught with the scripts, but I never used them religiously to the point where I’d receive longer punishment. My permaban is still for family sharing, the scripts are just another reason as to why I’m still banned which is completely understandable. That’s for question 1. 
For your second question. The users account got banned for overall minging and lying about his alts. He was unbanned but his ban got reinstated as a staff decision. (Just want to let you know his ban had nothing to do with me) I only got banned because he made an error on his end. But I admit I should have never played on another users account as it’s just overall pointless and against the rules. The user goes by the name Sukhi. 
If there are any other questions or things you want to talk about via DM’s regarding this ban don’t hesitate to ask as well.

RE: Ban appeal - The Real Guy - 08-25-2022

Ain't no way we spent 6 months investigating this creepy ass dude for him to be unbanned out of nowhere lmao. First of all, no it’s not been 2 years since your ban. Peter’s perma was a year and a half ago and that was way before your ban, so that’s your first lie to come as a victim lmao. Second of all, we didn’t do the whole investigation because you scripted or because you pvp’d, we wanted to get you banned because you were creepy to girls on the server. Anyways my opinion doesn’t matter so my vote is neutral.