Star by Star Gaming
[Server Suggestion] Have year requirements for VIP prefects - Printable Version

+- Star by Star Gaming (https://starbystargaming.com)
+-- Forum: Hogwarts RP (https://starbystargaming.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+--- Forum: Server Suggestions (https://starbystargaming.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+---- Forum: Denied Suggestions (https://starbystargaming.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=24)
+---- Thread: [Server Suggestion] Have year requirements for VIP prefects (/showthread.php?tid=3773)

Pages: 1 2

Have year requirements for VIP prefects - Rocnaw Banslayer - 01-11-2019

(1)
IGN: Rocknaw Banslayer
STEAM_0:0:32666870

(2-4)
Note: Rocnaw doesn't have specific evidence, so Rocnaw will use generalized examples (Rocnaw would use names, but again, no recorded evidence).

Rocnaw believes the VIP prefect jobs (and any jobs that give you detaining power) should still have 5th year requirements (at the least).

Rocnaw sees the year requirement as a way to get people used to how the school runs and how a prefect should perform.  Best case scenario, Rocnaw has seen low level VIP's come in and not know what to do, and not enforce rules.  Worst case scenario, Rocnaw has seen VIP prefects proactively make other prefects jobs harder by acting like the students who they were supposed to detain.

It seems that some people view the $30 VIP experience as a $30 pass to muck about and make the server worse than it should be.  

Rocnaw doesn't mind VIP getting the extra jobs for light, dark, and neutral forces.  But, having the enforcement jobs behind a $30 pay wall doesn't help (statistically speaking, youtuber's/steamers/ect.  who buy this can easily make up a $30 loss if it means fecking around and getting views)

Rocnaw understands that buying VIP might be a less desirable if the key characters are locked behind a year requirement. But, at this point we as a community have to ask if the risk is worth worth it. Also, it would not be as if VIP's could never be able to be these characters.

Rocnaw believes making this change will make enforcement of rules easier on not just prefects, but the mods/admins in the long run (which will then lead to a better experience for all, Rocnaw included).

Signed with fervor,
Rocnaw Banslayer
Head of the Banslayer Clan

Edit (1/11/19): ign and steam id. negatives

RE: Have year requirements for VIP prefects - Alistair Whyte - 01-11-2019

Edit: Nm wrong suggestion I'm an idiot

Personally I am all for it, as I believe you need at least some experience to be able to enforce RP rules. However as far as I am aware this is something that is not wanted by most people, as they donate for access to those roles and more restrictions are generally not very popular from my impression.

Personally +1, but I doubt it'll get accepted.

RE: Have year requirements for VIP prefects - Tom Aeternalis-Savage - 01-11-2019

Neutral to +1
I do agree that the jump to be a prefect when you’re a lower year with no prestige is a bit much. It is in general best to play on the server long enough to get 5th year so that you can be a prefect. I didn’t pay for my VIP until I was a 5th year so there’s that. 

The only problem with this is that there are VIP jobs that include prefects. Such jobs like Hermione, Draco, Cedric, etc. Those jobs would have to be bumped to that required 5th year. 

Then again people should know the risks in buying VIP. It’s a donation, you can’t get a refund for it. If you abuse the prefect role, you are accountable for your actions. Just because you have it does not mean you are immune to punishment. 

Personally I hope they move all prefect roles to 5th year but it really depends on how they can make the VIP prefect roles also 5th year too.  If they can +1. If they can’t then I’m neutral.

RE: Have year requirements for VIP prefects - David Elios-EElsord - 01-11-2019

Hey man. 

When making a Server Suggestion please make sure that you are using the Server Suggestion Format.

Please make sure to edit your post or this suggestion will be immediately denied due for "Failure to use format". 

(1) What is your In-game name & Steam ID? - $STEAMID$

(1a) Have you read through the Common Suggestions and Answers post? - 

(2) What is your suggestion? - 

(3) What made you feel that this change was necessary or would make a great addition? - 

(4) What could be possible negatives if your suggestion were to be added? -

RE: Have year requirements for VIP prefects - Jcole - 01-11-2019

+1
They should learn the rules before being able to be a prefect

RE: Have year requirements for VIP prefects - Reidie - 01-11-2019

As with all prefects, over 5th year or under, if they are not following the rules of the job role, report to admin.

-1 to neutral

It is easy to speak with VIP prefects under 5th year and point them to the compendium, I guess it will take strain off the admins, but I've only ever seen a couple VIP prefects at lower years breaking the job rules.

Generally people who donate are not looking to break rules. Calling on admin to have a chat with lower year prefects that ain't doing their job is already a thing

RE: Have year requirements for VIP prefects - Rocnaw Banslayer - 01-11-2019

(01-11-2019, 11:42 AM)Reidie Wrote: As with all prefects, over 5th year or under, if they are not following the rules of the job role, report to admin.

-1 to neutral

It is easy to speak with VIP prefects under 5th year and point them to the compendium, I guess it will take strain off the admins, but I've only ever seen a couple VIP prefects at lower years breaking the job rules.

Generally people who donate are not looking to break rules. Calling on admin to have a chat with lower year prefects that ain't doing their job is already a thing

Rocnaw would like to emphasize the experience of being on the server (when is comes to seeing how people act, how the prefects act, etc.) that is missing and becomes apparent.  But, you do have a point.

RE: Have year requirements for VIP prefects - Chad - 01-11-2019

https://starbystargaming.com/showthread.php?tid=3082

I made a suggestion about VIP’s having to reach 5th year to prefect as well. My key points were that a player needs time and exposure to prefect fairly and not to waste staffs time.

+1 seeing that it is an evident problem that players unaware of rules should be given power such as a prefect because they bought VIP.

If multiple people are complaining about this issue, why isn’t anything being done about it?? And @Reidie if you report these players to staff, they do nothing about it,

RE: Have year requirements for VIP prefects - Johnathan C Sinistra - 01-11-2019

All VIP roles can be abused. So it doesn't make sense to restrict a single aspect of the server compared to the whole. Just like how prefects can muck about in Hogwarts, a single Voldemort can cause your RP experience to change in a whole way.

Most people do not know how staff handles prefect abuse reports and why should they? We don't talk about the way we handle those things with good reason. But like every thing we do staff need evidence of abuse. So staff gathers evidence and in the long run it does payoff and we catch them here and there even while you scream at us. 

Also, even though year restriction is nice it still isn't a guarantee that the person playing the job knows the rules. I've seen many new fifth year get on the prefect role and cause just as much trouble as the people we need to watch. I've seen many VIPs get on the prefect role under year five and know the rules better than some of our higher year prefects. It isn't the problem of VIPs or a year requirement people just don't familiarize themselves with the rules beforehand. Its why we have help guides linked directly on the prefect rules in the compendium. 

How can you expect someone to know a job by not playing it? 

Neutral 

RE: Have year requirements for VIP prefects - Rocnaw Banslayer - 01-11-2019

(01-11-2019, 02:45 PM)Johnathan C Sinistra Wrote: All VIP roles can be abused. So it doesn't make sense to restrict a single aspect of the server compared to the whole. Just like how prefects can muck about in Hogwarts, a single Voldemort can cause your RP experience to change in a whole way.

Most people do not know how staff handles prefect abuse reports and why should they? We don't talk about the way we handle those things with good reason. But like every thing we do staff need evidence of abuse. So staff gathers evidence and in the long run it does payoff and we catch them here and there even while you scream at us. 

Also, even though year restriction is nice it still isn't a guarantee that the person playing the job knows the rules. I've seen many new fifth year get on the prefect role and cause just as much trouble as the people we need to watch. I've seen many VIPs get on the prefect role under year five and know the rules better than some of our higher year prefects. It isn't the problem of VIPs or a year requirement people just don't familiarize themselves with the rules beforehand. Its why we have help guides linked directly on the prefect rules in the compendium. 

How can you expect someone to know a job by not playing it? 

Neutral 

Can Voldemort completely stop your game play by sending you to detention for 5 minutes?  If Rocnaw doesn't like how some people are playing, Rocnaw changes jobs.  Yes, Rocnaw could change jobs to avoid prefects, but that is because Rocnaw is over 5th year.  Nothing ruins a new comers experience than a bad prefect.  That is why Rocnaw wants to move towards something that can help the issue, rather than keep the issue going as is.

Also, as Rocnaw has said before, anyone who can make back $30 by streaming/recording content isn't going to give two fecks when it comes to rules. They can easily troll by buying VIP, start arresting whomever they want, get banned, then make the money back plus some.

As a counter point, if you say that time on the server doesn't matter on how well of a prefect you are, then why have the 5th year requirement in the first place (other than the purpose of making money)?