Star by Star Gaming
[Gamemaker Application] Private Seraphin Gamemaker App - Printable Version

+- Star by Star Gaming (https://starbystargaming.com)
+-- Forum: Halo RP (https://starbystargaming.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=59)
+--- Forum: Staff Applications (https://starbystargaming.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=61)
+---- Forum: Locked Applications (https://starbystargaming.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=64)
+---- Thread: [Gamemaker Application] Private Seraphin Gamemaker App (/showthread.php?tid=5054)

Private Seraphin Gamemaker App - Scentefy - 03-14-2019

Seeing as the server needs more Gamemakers than Moderators I'd like to sign myself up for Gamemaker and bring my skills to the team instead of Moderating~

(1.) What is your SteamID and in game Name? -
STEAM_0:1:58936923

(2.) What Timezone do you live in? -
NZT +12

(2a) Please put what times you are most active in CST (Chicago US), so the managers know when they can expect to see you. -
7am - 7pm

(3.) How old are you? -

(4.) When did you first join our server and how did you discover it? -
2017 june

(4a) How can we be sure you will stay active and loyal (with your time) to Star by Star? -
I like being around this server and I've been around for a while, im starting to get more and more active due to finally getting used to my schedule.

(4b) Do you understand you can be let go at ANY time for inactivity? -
I agree

(5.) Do you understand and agree to not only comply with, but also enforce the rules of the Server when necessary? -
I agree

(5a) When listing the rules please explain what they mean to show that you understand them.
List Rules below:

1: No Fail RP - Failing to follow the Character Roleplay and choosing to do something the character would not.
 2: Be Respectful Towards other players and staff - Respect everyone and do not offend them. This is a friendly community and we wish to make everyone as welcome as possible.
 3: No RDMing - No killing random people for the heck of it. You shouldnt kill your friends for no reason.
 4: Obey Staff & RP Leaders - Listen to your higher rankings and Obey what staff have to say about subjects in question.
 5: No Meta-gaming - Dont use outside knowledge to your advantage inside the game.
 6:Do not Mic/Chat Spam - Don't spam the voice channels with noise or spam the chat with text which clutters it up
 7:Do not avoid the AFK System - Dont use console to exploit being afk~ such as +right which allows you to bypass the afk system.

(5b) Expain what the term "minge" means, when referring to a player on the server -
A Minge is a player that has no intention to roleplay and is only there to cause havoc and break rules usually ending up in being banned.

(6.) Tell us about yourself and why you want to be staff on SBS? (100 words or less) -
Hello, Its Sera or Seraphin, I'm a 23 year old student, I'm currently in a prep course to join my career irl which kinda explains why I'm not on as much but I'm getting used to the schedule and settling in to be more active on SBS~ I want to help Halo RP grow with my experience as a GM.

(7.) What do you feel you need to improve on the most? -
Balancing my time(people would want to see me on US time zone than my usual

(8.) How would having you on staff benefit our server and what sets you apart from the rest of the applicants? -
I've been a Gamemaker for a year and a half on Hogwarts therefore I have alot of experience under my belt, i like to help the staff out with my knowledge now and then.

(9.) Have you been staff/are currently on any other servers? If so, which ones? (List them if possible) -
Currently a GM in Hogwarts RP SBS

(10.) Have you ever been banned on any Garrys Mod/SBS servers? If yes, then please list when, how long, and the reason. -
Guy banned me for 1 second for not being a watermelon, hopefully this doesnt affect my app.

(11.) Are the Server staff or the players more important? Why? -
The Staff are more important as they will dictate what kind of players will play on the server and what kind of rp is appropriate and so.

(12.) How would you rate your skills overall out of 10 (EX: Patience, Communication, etc) -
Building - 8 - I'm always learning things when I build, even though I've been building for a while some new ways and things pop up.
Calmness(Chillness) - 9 - I always try to keep calm during running events, even improvise which is my speciality.
Improvisation(Adapting) - 9 - 70% of the time the event wont go your way, so you'll have to adapt and ask for help.
Friendliness - 8 - I have a way of reading and helping people when they need it

(13.) How familiar on a scale of 1 to 10 are you with Garrys Mod Sandbox tools? -
I'm giving my skills an 8? always more to learn!

(14.) Give us a couple of detailed examples of an event you would use and how you would proceed with them -
Cosmic Dimension Storm
The ship has entered a magic mysterious storm that wasnt detected until it was too late
strange objects have been appearing on the ship, sometimes glitchy.
At this moment it seems harmless untill power turns off, Its dark and you hear noises in the distance.
The Ship is now at a stand still in the middle of the storm, You hear unusual noises coming from distances
The powercells in the boxes seem to have become faulty and you'll need some sort of fuel source to fuel the power again.
it turns out the glitchy organisms are able to provide a fuel source untill they get out of the storm.

It was just supposed to be a Recon Mission...
A planet was found to have useful resources that the UNSC could salvage
So the UNSC sends its troopers to make a small base, The troops are ordered to scout out a cave/building
Finding traces of a missing squad that requires assistance, a new order was to search for the missing squad
While searching for the missing squad it is said that the initial base has been attacked and is too underfire to be evac'd
You are then to choose whether to leave the missing squad and find a way back to the ship or find the missing squad
in chances that you will be stuck there.

(15.) Do you have any experience using ULX or building on Garry's Mod? -
About a year and a half experience on both

(16.) You understand and realize, that by applying for staff on the server also means, that you are sacrificing the complete freedom of being able to RP freely all the time without any interruptions, and are obligated to handle all server issues at hand no matter the situation?
-
I agree!

(17.) Please make a list of all previous staff applications, a link to them, and the reason they were locked. If they were accepted, please give a short explanation of why you are no longer staff. (Disregard if this is your first application) -

RE: Private Sera Gamemaker App - Ryte Lionheart - 03-14-2019

+1

One of the longest running Gamemakers and is very experienced in Garrys Mod tools. Definitely a safe pick.

RE: Private Sera Gamemaker App - Escanor - 03-15-2019

+1, very experienced Gamemaker who I think will do a great job.

RE: Private Seraphin Gamemaker App - Reggie Riptide - 03-15-2019

I'll be honest, I feel like you should pick up your activity on the server that you are already a Gamemaker for.  I'd also like to see more events there as well before you try and split your time and resources to another server.

Also the fact that you have a GM and a Mod app open at the same time looks as if you are unsure which position that you really want.

That aside you are creative and have a good knowledge of the tools at your disposal.  You have been a GM for a very long time and know what is expected and what limitations you have.

My vote as of now will be neutral for some of the reasons I mentioned above.

RE: Private Seraphin Gamemaker App - Daisy Darling-Red - 03-16-2019

+1

More than qualified as a gamemaker. Has a lot of patience and imagination  Heart

RE: Private Seraphin Gamemaker App - Albert Sterling - 03-17-2019

Accepted, Congratulations,
Please speak to Zubey about any questions you have for your position,
Thread Locked