Star by Star Gaming
[Gamemaker Application] A10's Gamemaker App - Printable Version

+- Star by Star Gaming (https://starbystargaming.com)
+-- Forum: Clone Wars RP (https://starbystargaming.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=36)
+--- Forum: Staff Applications (https://starbystargaming.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=38)
+---- Forum: Locked Applications (https://starbystargaming.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+---- Thread: [Gamemaker Application] A10's Gamemaker App (/showthread.php?tid=5726)

A10's Gamemaker App - A10 - 04-14-2019

(1.) What is your SteamID and your Steam URL? - STEAM_0:1:117802040           https://steamcommunity.com/id/A10Thunder56/

(1a) What is your most recent ingame name? - CTS 1056 A10

(1b) What battalion are you in? - 104th Wolfpack Battalion

(2.) What Timezone do you live in? - EST 

(2a) Please put what times you are most active in CST (Chicago US), so the managers know when they can expect to see you. - Typically after 5:00 pm EST but if I'm messaged over Steam or Discord I'll get back to you.

(3.) How old are you? - 20

(4.) When did you first join our server and how did you discover it? - I joined back in Fall 2016 I think. I discovered SBS by browsing for a Star Wars RP server.

(4a) How can we be sure you will stay active and loyal (with your time) to Star by Star? - Considering I was playing on this server back in 2016 and have stayed connected with this community even after the multiple wipes and the cwrp server shutting down I think I will remain loyal.  As far as activity:  I have recently started playing gmod again so I have taken the last 3-4 weeks to play on the server,  see what I thought of current events, and finally decided to make this post.  I would note here that I am currently at the end of my school semester so I will probably spend more time and effort on my school work.  

(4b) Do you understand you can be let go at ANY time for inactivity? - Yes, and I would expect that

(5.) Do you understand and agree to not only comply with, but also enforce the rules of the Server when necessary? - Yes

(5a) When listing the rules please explain what they mean to show that you understand them.
 List Rules below:

1: No major fail RP: Do not stand on other players heads,  latch to players,  RDMing, ect
 2: Be respectful towards players and staff:  Treat others how you want to be treated.  Be kind to other players and respect staff authority.
 3: No RDMing:  Do not go around Random Death Matching.  We have the citadel and gm's should always be giving players something to do.
 4: Obey staff and RP leaders:  Listen to staff and RP leaders directions.  They have those positions for a reason
 5: Do not mic/chat spam:  Don't spam music out of your mic and don't spam binds
 6: Advert is for RP purposes only:  Unless you are an officer or important RP character (actor) don't use advert
 7: Salute your commanding Officers:  Salute your higher ups, self explanatory
 8: Do not AFK or map exploit:  Don't be on to pad your hour count and don't glitch out of the map on purpose

(5b) Explain what the term "minge" means, when referring to a player on the server - A "minge" is a player who has no intention of properly RPing and wishes to start chaos for personal amusement.

(6.) Tell us about yourself and why you want to be staff on SBS? (100 words or less) -  I am a student studying computer science currently.  I enjoy playing games in my free time and love the Star Wars universe.

(7.) What do you feel you need to improve on the most? - I am a perfectionist by nature so I have been growing in understanding the balance between effort, time and quality. On a gm note I don't remember what playsounds are what these days so I would like to figure those out again.

(8.) How would having you on staff benefit our server and what sets you apart from the rest of the applicants? - I have experience being a gm and feel like I could bring new unique event and sim ideas to the server.  One example being Dargeball if anyone remembers playing that on GSN.

(9.) Have you been staff/are currently on any other servers? If so, which ones? (List them if possible) - I was a Gamemaker and later Head Gamemaker for a server called GSN (Game Shark Networks) which was a splinter server of SBS members after SBS cwrp shut down.

(10.) Have you ever been banned on any Garrys Mod/SBS servers? If yes, then please list when, how long, and the reason. - I have not

(11.) Are the Server staff or the players more important? Why? - The players,  we all play Gmod because we find it fun or for the community aspect.  As staff, the goal should be to create a fun and immersive environment for the player-base.

(12.) How would you rate your skills overall out of 10 (EX: Patience, Communication, etc) -
Patience: 9
Communication: 9
ULX: 8
Typing: 9
Universe Knowledge: 8
Activity: 6

(13.) How familiar on a scale of 1 to 10 are you with Garrys Mod Sandbox tools? - 8 :  I have messed around in the Gmod sandbox long enough to be able to build the structures and decorate rooms I would need for events.  

(14.) Give us a couple of detailed examples of an event you would use and how you would proceed with them -  I learned from Corgi actually that events shouldn't be super scripted,  so I try to have a starting story line and allowing the players to direct how they deal with situations.

I have been thinking lately that we do not use the citadel enough.  This would start off as a passive RP thing that I would escalate into a full event.  Starting off a headcrab canister launches at the ship from somewhere in space.  Troopers hopefully question the noise but will probably shrug it off.  I would model myself as a droid and scale myself down.  After successfully being able to "stealth" my way to the citadel room I would splice into the terminal.  This would trigger the citadel to malfunction.  So T3 droids and T-21s would be set as well whatever else I put in there ex- commandos, supers, rocket supers ect.

Elsewhere on the ship, save the cadet areas, would start having the citadel droids start to spawn.   I would change my name to something like Chief Operations Officer Roman and inform the ship over PA that the citadel was going haywire and to inform them that even though the droids where fake they still could inflict bodily harm.  (Yes I know Chief Operations Officer isn't a rank but I'm just going to use it as a technician's title)

The next part of this event would be up to the troopers.  Hopefully someone would try to turn off the console.  If they try to do that they would find that the citadel's power source is at the back of the citadel forces them to fight though it.  If they troopers destroy the console it would trigger spawns on a massive scale around the ship.  Think horde fight. In this horde the droid's weapons could get corrupted cause some to spawn with stunsticks or nothing at all.

Depending on how long this takes when a CIS Fleet jumps from hyperspace to engage our fleet, the troopers might still be dealing with the citadel.  IF they are still fighting in the citadel I would like to have another gm help spawn some npcs.  A standard ship event occurs, battalions secure the hangars and third floor, ect.

At this point I would check to see if people were getting tired.  If yes then wrap up the event, else the CIS attempts to breach the engine room to disable it.  IF they are successful the ship goes down and we swap the Vanquor (The one with the crashed venator).

On whatever planet we have some time to deal with some ooc things.  For this part I would like to split everyone into 3 groups.  These groups would be chosen by highest ranking officer.  The 3 groups would have exited the venator at different points after the crash.  Troopers would need to set up defenses using natural cover against some CIS landing parties.  (At this point I wouldn't want Engineers to build barricades so I would let them know that).  After that the troopers could set up an FOB and would need to figure out a way to set up long range radio communications to contact the Republic for help.

While they figure out what to do I would spawn the half life 2 bugs/headcrabs to simulate dangerous wildlife.  Eventually the troopers would get through to the Republic and we would be assigned to a new venator.  I host a debrief as some Commander of that venator so Commander Soren or something.  I congratulate the troopers on surviving that encounter and welcome them to this ship for the time being, letting them know that a new venator would be available as soon as the nearest shipyard could manage it.

Ask if the officers had anything to say, check for recommendations, check for overall feelings about the event, and dismiss briefing.

(15.) Do you have any experience using ULX or building on Garry's Mod? - I do

(16.) You understand and realize, that by applying for staff on the server also means, that you are sacrificing the complete freedom of being able to RP freely all the time without any interruptions, and are obligated to handle all server issues at hand no matter the situation? - I do

(17.) Please make a list of all previous staff applications, a link to them, and the reason they were locked. If they were accepted, please give a short explanation of why you are no longer staff. (Disregard if this is your first application) - I had an application for mod on the previous forum but I have no idea how I would find it now.  

RE: A10's Gamemaker App - Santos - 04-16-2019

A10 has been part of this community for the longest time. I remember when he joined for his first time during an event and I stuck by him the whole time sitting on top of a shed. At least I think that was him. Point is, he doesn't give up easily and never loses his cool. He is responsible and staff material with some great ideas. +1

RE: A10's Gamemaker App - Joey (2) - 04-20-2019

+1, A10 is a longtime SBS player, and a very active one aswell. I personally feel as if he would be able to handle the gamemaker position. He is responsible, active, communicative, and will always find a way to make something fun. 

Goodluck on your application, A10.

RE: A10's Gamemaker App - Jeremy - 04-20-2019

Application Accepted. Thread Locked.