Star by Star Gaming
[Moderator Application NA] Stan's Moderator Application - Printable Version

+- Star by Star Gaming (https://starbystargaming.com)
+-- Forum: Hogwarts RP (https://starbystargaming.com/forumdisplay?fid=10)
+--- Forum: Staff Applications (https://starbystargaming.com/forumdisplay?fid=7)
+---- Forum: Locked Applications (https://starbystargaming.com/forumdisplay?fid=25)
+---- Thread: [Moderator Application NA] Stan's Moderator Application (/showthread?tid=6949)

Pages: 1 2

Stan's Moderator Application - Stan Solaris - 06-15-2019

(1.) What is your SteamID? - STEAM_0:1:227224115 STEAM_0:0:427341086

(1a) What is your most recent ingame name? - Stan Wardwell Solaris

(1b) What is your current year level in-game? (MUST be 7th to apply.) - Master Prestige, 7th year

(2.) What Timezone do you live in? - EST

(2a) Please put what times you are most active in CST (Chicago US), so the managers know when they can expect to see you. - Some days 8am-12pm Some days 10pm-1am on days off work, I'd be on most of the day

(3.) How old are you? - 20

(4.) When did you first join our server and how did you discover it? - I joined Mid-March 2018. I discovered it because I'm such a huge Harry Potter fan and I saw that Gmod had HP role play servers. I got excited so I joined the one with the most players which happened to be SBS. Loved it ever since.

(4a) How can we be sure you will stay active and loyal (with your time) to Star by Star? - Well, ever since I started six months ago, I've played on the server about 95% of ALL those days. I love this server so much. I also don't really have much going on IRL so that helps.

(4b) Do you understand you can be let go at ANY time for inactivity? - I do

(5.) Do you understand and agree to not only comply with, but also enforce the rules of the Server when necessary? - I do

(5a) When listing the rules please explain what they mean to show that you understand them.
 List Rules below:
1: No Fail RP: This means that any actions or situations that wouldn't happen at the real Hogwarts are prohibited on the server. For example, students, Aurors, etc. shall not resist the cuffs while being snatched.

2: Disrespectful, hateful, and offensive behavior/speech toward others is not allowed: This is pretty obvious. Respect each other. Basically don't be rude, hateful, offensive, racist, or sexist.

3: No RDM (Random Death Match): Do not kill anyone, or even attempt to, without a proper RP reason. Student's shouldn't be killing each other!

4: Obey Staff and RP Leaders: If a staff member tells you to do something or stop doing something, do as they say. Same goes for RP leaders such as Lord Voldemort or Albus Dumbledore. For example, if Voldemort   tells Bellatrix Lestrange to take over the Quidditch Pitch, she should do so without hesitation.

5: No Freespelling: Do not cast harmful or hindering spells without a proper RP reason. Spells that are okay would help you or others such as Episky, Vulnera, Spongify, or Speedom.

6: No Metagaming: Do not use info you shouldn't know as a regular attendant at Hogwarts to accuse or reveal anyone. Example: Just because a snatcher has the word "snatcher" above their head, doesn't mean you know they're a snatcher. They are in disguise.

7: No Mic/Chat Spam: Don't scream continuously, play music through your mic, or be exceedingly annoying with the use of voice chat. Also, do not repeat the same message in chat over and over again.

8: Advert is for RP Reasons and RP Leaders Only: Only use the /advert command in chat for RP scenarios such as revealing a Dark Force or claiming the Quidditch Pitch. RP leaders such as teachers can use advert to dismiss class and activate PTS. Prefects can use advert to assign a DOS (Detention on Sight) or an RFD (Reason for Detention).

9: No ERP: No erotic role playing! Performing sexual acts on anyone or anything/making sexual noises is strictly prohibited.

10: Do Not Avoid the AFK System: The AFK system automatically kicks any player who does not move for exactly 20 minutes. You shall not use any macros or any automatic action keys to avoid being kicked.

(5b) Expain what the term "minge" means, when referring to a player on the server - A minge is a player with no regard for the rules or other player's RP experience. They will continuously break rules and be very annoying. They haven't a care in the world what consequences await them.

(6.) Tell us about yourself and why you want to be staff on SBS? (100 words or less) - I'm a pretty chill, laid back guy but am very serious when I need to be. I want to be staff because I feel as though I can be of great use. I'm extremely active and ready to help anyone in need.

(7.) What do you feel you need to improve on the most? - I need to improve on my response time as I am not a very fast typer.

(8.) How would having you on staff benefit our server and what sets you apart from the rest of the applicants? - Sooo many times I am on and it's prefect law. With my outstanding activity, the server may rarely be without a staff member.

(9.) Have you been staff/are currently on any other servers? If so, which ones? (List them if possible) - I have been a moderator of Firegamers Sandbox/PVP server

(10.) Have you ever been banned on any Garrys Mod/SBS servers? If yes, then please list when, how long, and the reason. - I was banned from FG for hacking,. I definately learned my lesson :D

(11.) Are the Server staff or the players more important? Why? - I believe the players are more important for a couple reasons: they make up 99% of the ENTIRE SBS community and without them, there is no reason the server should even be up in the first place.

(12) How would you rate your skills overall out of 10 (EX: Patience, response time, etc) - 8.2

(13.) If you do not know how to handle a situation in a mod-sit, what do you do? -  I would seek the advice a fellow online staff member, If none are available, try to contact one through Steam, Discord etc.

(14.) You understand and realize, that by applying for staff on the server also means, that you are sacrificing the complete freedom of being able to RP freely all the time without any interruptions, and are obligated to handle all server issues at hand no matter the situation? - I do

(15.) Please make a list of all previous staff applications, a link to them, and the reason they were locked. If they were accepted, please give a short explanation of why you are no longer staff. (Disregard if this is your first application) -https://starbystargaming.com/showthread.php?tid=1653 The applicion that was accepted resides on the previus version of these forums and is therefor, lost. 

Final Note: I know that many remember me in a bad way. I was not doing very well personality wise a few months ago. I realized I was not being a very okay person at all. My behavior was deplorable. Unfortunately, many of you more inactive players only remember me as such. I have been working very hard on myself these past 4 months and I believe a great deal of improvement has set. I just want to thank those of you that see my changes and continue to be my friends. Also thank you for considering this application.

RE: Stan's Moderator Application - Theadora - 06-15-2019

Stan, I think there are times you can be cool and chill, laid back like you mentioned, but unfortunately the lasting impression I have of you is you losing your temper and being a little too sensitive. You typically haven't acted this way to me, but I have witnessed it while on the server you getting angry and kind of toxic or losing your temper in ooc, and I have seen and heard things other people have said of you (recently even, not 4+ months ago). A while ago I had a friend join onto the server and had "stan" in their name and they claimed that the second they got sorted, they got pulled into a sit and were told to stop harassing you, even though they had just gotten on the server and said nothing to you. It makes it feel like you assume the worst of intentions of people and you jump to conclusions, which wouldn't be good for staff as staff need to be patient enough to listen to both sides of the story, investigate the situation, ect. 
The positives about you are that you are very active, the server does need good active staff, you know the rules. But unfortunately the things I have seen you say to people in anger makes me nervous for you being moderator. 
Sorry bud, good luck on your application but I am going to go with a neutral to -1

Edit: also you did not include all of your previous apps. You forgot this one. Just because you deleted the main thread itself, I think its still important to include. https://starbystargaming.com/showthread.php?tid=4131 May I ask why you didn't include it? Makes me nervous that you included only the application in which you got several +1 but did not include the application that you totally erased that has several -1 on it.
You also just copied and pasted this application from your old one back in October. That is a lot of time to pass to just copy and paste an application, especially when you leave questions such as:
"(4a) How can we be sure you will stay active and loyal (with your time) to Star by Star? - Well, ever since I started six months ago, I've played on the server about 95% of ALL those days. I love this server so much. I also don't really have much going on IRL so that helps." which states that you joined six months ago, when you in fact, did not join six months ago.

RE: Stan's Moderator Application - Weeblore - 06-15-2019

+1

Stan is a very friendly person and in all the time I have seen him on the server, a lot, there has only ever been two small negative interactions. He knows the rules, prefects and I have seen him do great halls and teach a few times, and he does them well.

Only negative is that you play on your alt account.

RE: Stan's Moderator Application - No1onesPrefect - 06-16-2019

Pros: you’re active a lot, and I imagine even more so now that it’s summer. You know the rules very very well. You’ve already been trusted with moderator privileges before, and from what I hear that went over pretty well (aside from the resigning for personal reasons). 
Plus, you’ve even been trusted to temp mod on several occasions I believe. 

Cons: while you’re able to carry out the duties of a moderator on a small scale, and handle it rather well, I believe you tend to crack under pressure, and when the job is overbearing it taxes you too much mentally and impedes your judgement. You can also take a lot of things to heart, and you have been known to let your emotions get the best of you.

However, as has been said before - there’s a trial for a reason, and I believe you deserve a shot.

+1

RE: Stan's Moderator Application - Justin Amendish - 06-16-2019

Imma have to go with a -1 i've seen you first hand with the attitude, it all went down hill with the whole gg thing. Honestly you really should wait longer before applying. You need the time. you said its been months since something happened but i disagree.

RE: Stan's Moderator Application - Amelia Silver-Dragonfyre - 06-16-2019

We used to be close friends, therefore i know how you act. Like others have said, you can get sensitive and upset, you can also lose your temper. I remember when you told me you were upset because a friend (i won't say names) wouldn't talk to you alone. When you get upset you can also be quick to judge, Thea has a perfect example.

Other times though you can be very chill and nice person to talk to and hang out with.

On the server i have not seen you be to active (might be on at wrong times) or seen you prefect, teach, or host GH's / Prefect Meetings.

RE: Stan's Moderator Application - Jack Fuzz-Nightmare - 06-16-2019

+1

Stan is active and he is a nice and a funny guy, he definitely deserves a chance and did well temp-modding in the past. (ps. don't let the negative comments make you request for your application to be locked).

I think he deserves a shot, there is a trial for a reason and Stan without a doubt deserves a shot, he is a long time community member, he has been a temp Moderator in the past which means that he has experience and he has respect and dedication for the community.

Good Luck Stan with your application!

- Jack R Inkarna

RE: Stan's Moderator Application - Octavia Sangoose-Curze - 06-16-2019

-1 Justin and Amelia pretty much said everything I would

RE: Stan's Moderator Application - Lydia - 06-16-2019

Hey Stan! After reading your application I have come up with a few pros and cons:

Pros~
You are active
Long time player
Knows the rules

However...

Cons~
Has quite a temper
Previously involved in drama
very sensitive individual
Overreacts on occasion
Very biased

I like you, Stan, but I just don't think the staff team is whats right for you right now.

Good Luck

RE: Stan's Moderator Application - Jacktot - 06-16-2019

I completely Agree with Justin and Lydia 

Sorry Stan but -1