Star by Star Gaming
[Moderator Application EU] Michael Dark Monrova's moderator application - Printable Version

+- Star by Star Gaming (https://starbystargaming.com)
+-- Forum: Hogwarts RP (https://starbystargaming.com/forumdisplay?fid=10)
+--- Forum: Staff Applications (https://starbystargaming.com/forumdisplay?fid=7)
+--- Thread: [Moderator Application EU] Michael Dark Monrova's moderator application (/showthread?tid=8224)

Pages: 1 2 3

Michael Dark Monrova's moderator application - Michael Dark - 08-13-2019

(1.) What is your SteamID? -

STEAM_0:0:48958947

(1a) What is your most recent ingame name? – 

Michael Dark Monrova

(1b) What is your current year level in-game? (MUST be 7th to apply.) –

Second Year – Prestige 3

(2.) What Timezone do you live in? – 

GMT +1

(2a) Please put what times you are most active in CST (Chicago US), so the managers know when they can expect to see you. - 

The time will vary from 5:30am to 9pm CST on days that I’m off school/ work and 11am to 8pm CST when I have school.

(3.) How old are you? - 

(4.) When did you first join our server and how did you discover it? – 

Around August 2016, I can’t pinpoint the exact date with the change in IP adres in August 2018.

(4a) How can we be sure you will stay active and loyal (with your time) to Star by Star? – 

I refound the server a while back after having been gone for a while, the reasons why I have been gone, I am willing to discuss with people if they ask about it in private, but I’ve learned from mistakes and what happened in the past, I really enjoy spending time on this server and I don’t see myself leaving again any time soon.

(4b) Do you understand you can be let go at ANY time for inactivity? – 

Yes.

(5.) Do you understand and agree to not only comply with, but also enforce the rules of the Server when necessary? – 

Yes.

(5a) When listing the rules please explain what they mean to show that you understand them.
 List Rules below:

1: No fail RolePlay.

This rule states that you have to act within the own limitations, moral code and behavioral patterns of said character. Examples of this would be that a student will not go inside the graveyard, kill other students etc. Or prefects arresting dark forces, it does not make sense and would normally not happen hence it’s FailRP.

2: Disrespectful, hatful, and offensive behavior/speech towards others is not allowed.

The use of slang, homophobic and racial terms are not allowed. Don’t call people certain names based on their ethnicity, sexuality etc. Also the general harassment is not allowed. Treat people with the same amount of respect that you wish to be treated with if not more.

3: No Random DeathMatch (RDM)

No fighting or killing other people without a legitimate RP reason. It’s as simple as that. Dark forces won’t attack other dark forces, aurors won’t attack other aurors, teachers won’t attack students and so on. Accidents during lockdown happen, but repeated offences outside of it will lead to a kick and or ban.

4: Obey Staff and RP Leaders.

When staff tells you you have to do or not do a certain thing you have to listen to what they say. They have been on the server long enough to understand the rules and what is or isn’t allowed in certain situations. And they are staff for a reason. When it comes to RP leaders, you have to think of the headmaster, Voldemort, teachers, elite aurors etc. Most jobs have an RP leader they have to listen to. For example this hierarchy à Student < Prefect < Head Prefect < Teacher < Headmaster, everyone from lower tiers has to listen to someone higher than them. The ‘commands’ or having to listen to them only applies when they state proper RP situations though, for example a Teacher can’t tell a student to go kill themselves.

5: No free spelling.

This generally just means that you can’t shoot spells at people for no RP reason. This more so applies for damaging spells. When it comes to non-damaging spells it is the repetition of said spell that will make it ‘free spelling’. Rule 3 and rule 5 normally go hand in hand if rule 3 is broken. A prefect or auror using stupefy to to arrest a student or a snatcher is however allowed.

6: No Metagaming.

Really simply put this means that you can not use out of game knowledge for in-game purposes. For example:

- telling your friends that you have been snatched through Discord.
- Calling someone out on using Salvio Hexia when you have not seen them cast it, nor do they move or speak and you have not seen them go into Salvio.
- Telling you have found a snatcher, when they have done nothing to reveal themselves.
- …

7: No Microphone or Chat Spam.

Don’t spam the same line over and over again in chat, don’t scream through your microphone or play music through it. The general gist of this rule is pretty easy. Nobody needs to hear barbie girl blast through their headphones as you B-hop through the halls.

8: Advert is for adverting roleplay purposes only.

Good examples of using Advert is to advert that PTS is active during a class. RFD messages from prefects. Dumbledore calling teachers to his office. Dark forces selling people. Passive roleplay etc.
Bad examples of this are: Using it to find your friend, calling for staff, etc. Basically everything not considered normal RP inside of Hogwarts RP.

9: No Erotic Roleplay.

There are minors on the server who have no need to hear about your sexual escapades or want to see/hear students making out, or know about sex in the dark forest. If you want to ‘have fun’ with a certain person, add them on Discord and ‘roleplay’ there, it does not fall under HogwartsRP.

10: Do not avoid the AFK system or Map Exploit.

Don’t create macro’s to try and cheat the AFK system to rack up that EXP that you want to have to level up. If you want EXP, go to classes for books or just play normally.
Don’t try to get outside to exploit map mistakes or glitches to get outside of the map or out of RP situations.

(5b) Expain what the term "minge" means, when referring to a player on the server – 

A minge is a person with no RP intentions, the sole reason they are on the server is to cause mayhem and ruin RP situations for others while having fun themselves.

(6.) Tell us about yourself and why you want to be staff on SBS? (100 words or less) – 

I am 22 years old, in university. Social dude who just likes to hang out. The reason why I want to become a moderator is to be active during my timezone and help out the server with stuff that I see/hear. Simple as that.

(7.) What do you feel you need to improve on the most? – 

Taking things personal. At times an insult won’t be directly aimed as an insult towards me, it is just their way of joking around and I will take it too seriously at times.

(8.) How would having you on staff benefit our server and what sets you apart from the rest of the applicants? – 

My experience from having been staff on this server in the past.

(9.) Have you been staff/are currently on any other servers? If so, which ones? (List them if possible) – 

Only a Minecraft community from when I was 13 to 16. Currently called ‘EscapeRestart’

(10.) Have you ever been banned on any Garrys Mod/SBS servers? If yes, then please list when, how long, and the reason. – 

Yes, once, about 1.5 years ago on Hogwarts RP. For a week for RDM and LTAP, I accidentally RDM’d someone and it got reported. I left because I had to go and I came back with a ban for RDM and LTAP. Ban was reduced I believe, but the actual appeal was on the old forums.

(11.) Are the Server staff or the players more important? Why? – 

Both are of course equal in importance. There can’t be staff without the players, but without staff, players will just do as they want and new players will likely not return.

(12) How would you rate your skills overall out of 10 (EX: Patience, response time, etc) – 

- Patience – 8.5
- Response time – 9
- Communication – 8
- Decision making – 9.5
- Conflict Resolution – 8
- Taking things to heart – 6
- Teamwork - 8

(13.) If you do not know how to handle a situation in a mod-sit, what do you do? - 

Try to handle it to the best of my abilities, if I am unsure about a ban length for example, try to compare with previous situations and try to determine if it is worse, not as bad, or equally bad as those situations.
Or call upon another Moderator, Admin etc to ask how they would (have) handle(d) a certain situation to know it for the future.

(14.) You understand and realize, that by applying for staff on the server also means, that you are sacrificing the complete freedom of being able to RP freely all the time without any interruptions, and are obligated to handle all server issues at hand no matter the situation? –

Yes, this goes without saying of course.

(15.) Please make a list of all previous staff applications, a link to them, and the reason they were locked. If they were accepted, please give a short explanation of why you are no longer staff. (Disregard if this is your first application) –

I was accepted on my first application for Mod back in the end of 2016 I believe. I staffed for about 6-7 months if I recall correctly, since it is on the old forums I cannot find the application anymore. The reason why I am no longer staff is because of personal problems back then interfering with my ability to play on the server, also certain people making it so unenjoyable to get on the server. I have however learned from the latter and this will no longer happen.

RE: Michael Dark Monrova's moderator application - Jack Lyve-Inkarna - 08-13-2019

+1

Finally, you applied! First of all, I would like to say that you are active, and you are dedicated to the Server. Not only have you proved you're good enough to be Moderator, you have proved that you like to help new players and you like to have fun. You know when to be serious and when to not be serious which is also another positive.

I like how committed you are, the amount of time you spend here is delightful, very gratifying. Another good thing is that, you use to be a Moderator which proves that you are experienced and it shows that you are qualified to be a Moderator. I, personally, have never had any problems with you which is another reason why for my +1 on your application.

I have got some questions for you to answer if you don't mind answering them, I am sure you will answer them with explicit detail:

1. How will you make sure to remain professional in sits? ✔️Answered!
  2. Why do you think you are ready to be Moderator? ✔️Answered!
  3. What made you want to apply for Moderator and how are you going to help the Server? ✔️Answered!

I think you are ready to become a Moderator and I think you are ready to show to us what you can really do;

Good Luck with your application!

RE: Michael Dark Monrova's moderator application - Michael Dark - 08-13-2019

(08-13-2019, 12:04 PM)Jack Lyve-Inkarna Wrote:
  1. How will you make sure to remain professional in sits?
  2. Why do you think you are ready to be Moderator?
  3. What made you want to apply for Moderator and how are you going to help the Server?

To answer your questions:

1. Being a moderator means that you have to objectively look at situations and see what's wrong and what is not. You can't let personal feelings get the better of you in your judgements. I've been able to stay professional in sits in the past when I had to handle them, even when it was friends.

2. Personally I think I'm ready to be a mod because of the amount of time I've put in the server since I've been back, I've been active, brushed up on everything that I didn't know anymore or that was new and tried to make sure I knew the current active members. If it is about maturity I don't think that that is a problem at all, I act mature when there is need to be.

3. I wanted to apply again for moderator because I miss it. I was (I think) good at it and I enjoyed doing it, I want to be able to enjoy doing it again. I'll help the server in the way that a moderator needs to. Do sits, be active with members and make them feel welcomed and most important: be their guide when things go wrong.

RE: Michael Dark Monrova's moderator application - Killean Bradshaw - 08-13-2019

(08-13-2019, 01:21 PM)Michael Dark Wrote:
(08-13-2019, 12:04 PM)Jack Lyve-Inkarna Wrote:
  1. How will you make sure to remain professional in sits?
  2. Why do you think you are ready to be Moderator?
  3. What made you want to apply for Moderator and how are you going to help the Server?

To answer your questions:

1. Being a moderator means that you have to objectively look at situations and see what's wrong and what is not. You can't let personal feelings get the better of you in your judgements. I've been able to stay professional in sits in the past when I had to handle them, even when it was friends.

2. Personally I think I'm ready to be a mod because of the amount of time I've put in the server since I've been back, I've been active, brushed up on everything that I didn't know anymore or that was new and tried to make sure I knew the current active members. If it is about maturity I don't think that that is a problem at all, I act mature when there is need to be.

3. I wanted to apply again for moderator because I miss it. I was (I think) good at it and I enjoyed doing it, I want to be able to enjoy doing it again. I'll help the server in the way that a moderator needs to. Do sits, be active with members and make them feel welcomed and most important: be their guide when things go wrong.
With the questions answered,  +1

RE: Michael Dark Monrova's moderator application - Accalia Dark-d’Aquitaine - 08-13-2019

If you REALLY want to make yourself suffer like this I guess I can't stop you.

Not much to say, was a good staff member, knows what he's doing, friendly guy, on around time staff are needed, cannot come up with anything negative.

+1

RE: Michael Dark Monrova's moderator application - Mina Blair Run. - 08-13-2019

+1. Others have already said everything but he's a solid guy who knows his stuff, has a great attitude and has the experience due to being ex staff. What else needs to be said.

RE: Michael Dark Monrova's moderator application - Octavia Sangoose-Curze - 08-13-2019

Massive +1 I know that everyone has said pretty much everything but he would do so well as a mod he's such a wonderful person  Heart

RE: Michael Dark Monrova's moderator application - Jerome - 08-13-2019

Neutral
I only started seeing you on again about 2 weeks ago, and whenever I see you, you are usually just sitting around as DAR

RE: Michael Dark Monrova's moderator application - Jacktot - 08-13-2019

Netural 

I started seeing you play again recently and all you did was play as DAR but today I saw you perfecting a lot all I’m going to say isn’t maybe It’s to soon to apply maybe wait a bit longer? but I will see how 
You are and Preform I wish you the best of look.

RE: Michael Dark Monrova's moderator application - Kyrie Animus-Knight [Axel Dragon] - 08-13-2019

Hi Michael!
I've seen you on the server a bit, not as much as I used to, but that's due to time zones. 
From what I remember, and have seen recently, you do amazing. You've been staff before, so you know the basics, and can easily learn the changes.

Only thing I would recommend doing, which isn't necessary, is just changing the colours of the Q's or A's. 

+1