(1.) What is your SteamID? - 
STEAM 0:1:196508965

(1a) What is your most recent ingame name? - 
Dan Lupus Shoeshiner, now just Dan Lupus

(1b) What is your current year level in-game? (MUST be 7th to apply.) - 
Prestige 5, 3rd Year.

(2.) What Timezone do you live in? - 
AEST

(2a) Please put what times you are most active in CST (Chicago US), so the managers know when they can expect to see you. -
I would have to say 8:00PM to 5:AM with breaks in between to do school work. (Homeschooled)

(3.) How old are you? -

(4.) When did you first join our server and how did you discover it? - 
I discovered the server when I first got garry's mod. I'm guessing back in mid-late 2017.

(4a) How can we be sure you will stay active and loyal (with your time) to Star by Star? - 
I have a rocky past with leaving and joining the server. While I have been back I like to think I have been consistent with my playtime.

(4b) Do you understand you can be let go at ANY time for inactivity? - 
Yes I do. I 100% understand that if I go inactive without a substantial reason I can be let go from the staff team.

(5.) Do you understand and agree to not only comply with, but also enforce the rules of the Server when necessary? - 
Yes I do. I agree to comply with the server rules to a higher standard. As staff I should be setting an example for the player base while also enforcing the server rules to the best of my ability.

(5a) When listing the rules please explain what they mean to show that you understand them.
List Rules below:

1:No Fail RP:
Do not be doing something major that your in game player would not be doing inside of roleplay. (Semi Serious Roleplay)
Example Of Fail RP
FailRp names such as a famous person, Killing yourself to escape a prefect, Fighting for the wrong side (Light Force and Dark Force), snatching dark forces as a dark force, snatching light forces as a light force, teaching about the wrong subject in class, Killing dark forces when they are not revealed, Light forces selling Dark Forces and other things like that.

2:No Disrespect:
Do not go around being excessively hateful, Homophobic, Racist or anything like that towards someone as it can be really hurtful towards the person and is not tolerated. Depending on the severity of the words used, you may be issued a warn/kick/ban.

3:No RDM: 
Do not kill someone without a proper RP reason, unless it is at a pvp destination (QP, DF, Hagrids (Only during QP Class)) or event. You also should not be telling people to go RDM someone as that may leave you accountable.
Examples of RDM
Light Forces - Light forces killing other light forces, light forces killing unrevealed dark forces, teachers killing other teacher and other things like that.
Dark Forces - Dark forces killing other dark forces (Excluding Voldemort), killing light forces with no proper reasoning (excluding the quidditch pitch) and other things like that.

4:Always Obey Staff And Roleplay Leaders: 
Roleplay Leaders
Always listen to the role above yours in the hierarchy as they are your "boss". If you do not do so you may be subject to punishment such as being removed from your current role temporarily. 
Staff
Always listen to staff no matter if you agree with them or not, they are the staff and you are the player. You can always take your matter to the forums if you do not agree with the staff’s judgement. 

5:No Major Freespelling: 
Do not go around excessively shooting spells at people for no reason.
Non Damage
Shooting spells like everte statum, accio statum, stupefy and other non damaging spells, can/will result in you being put in detention and even harassment calls if done excessively to a player/group over and over again.
Damaging
Shooting Firestorm, Mostro, Verdimillious and other damage spells at random people with no proper RP reason can result in you getting in trouble by a staff member as it is counted as ARDM if the person is not killed and RDM if they are. You should not be firing damage spells for any reason unless you have a proper RP reason such as a dark force being revealed.
6:No Metagaming: 
Metagaming is when you're using information or giving out information you would not have inside roleplay. 
Example
Telling someone over discord to come rescue you, killing someone with cuffs if they are inside fumos (If you use acriea you can see through fumos), telling someone where you are being snatched and other things like that.

7:No Micspam/Chatspam: 
Micspam -
Micspam occurs when you are being too loud, having constant noise coming through your microphone such as music and soundboards and other things like that.
Chatspam -
Chatspam occurs when someone types in chat the same repetitive message or a similar message over and over again in OP, OOC, Local and @ chat.

8:No false Owlpost: 
Owlpost is an in game mechanism to voice RP related statements. You should not be using it to voice things that could of been said in OOC, @ chat, or local chat.
Example
“/op Why did you snatch me” “/op Why did you kill me” “/op Dan Smells” “/op Astral is a bully" /op why did you ban me” and anything else that is not considered RP.

9:No ERP: 
ERP is anything sexual related. It can occur when someone says something sexual through their microphone, types something erotic in chat or does a sexual body gesture on purpose.

10:No AFK/Map Exploitation: 
AFK
AFK exploitation is when you abuse the AFK system to be able to stay on the server for  longer than 20min while being away from your keyboard.
Map Exploitation
Map exploitation Is when you abuse a function in the map that should not  be allowed/possible such as glitching into parts of the map you should not be able to get into.

(5b) Explain what the term "minge" means, when referring to a player on the server -
A minge in my eyes is someone who has no intention to roleplay or follow the server rules and logs on and does things like, putting people in detention for no reason, disrupting all classes, rdming people with no proper reason, and so on, just to cause havoc and mayhem.

(6.) Tell us about yourself and why you want to be a staff on SBS? (100 words or less) - 
Hi, My name is Dan and I'm a 15 year old guy who has been playing SBS Hogwarts on and off for about 3 years.

Reasons I want to be staff:
I have been wanting to give back to the community that has given me so much joy over the years. I have seen that my timezone is quite dead a lot of the time and I want to help out the community that play during the tough times of prefect law (We all know how hard it can get). I also just want to better people's experience on the server and make it a safe space for everyone. 

(7.) What do you feel you need to improve on the most? - 
I always have things I feel like I need to improve on, so it is hard to just choose one.
One of the main things would be understanding that not everyone is going to like me and that’s ok.  Another one I need to include is my toxicity when it comes to getting fed up in situations. I have been actively working on these issues and trying to better myself. I will also continue to work on all the things that has been commented so far and hope to show you that I can be a good candidate for staff.

(8.) How would having you on staff benefit our server and what sets you apart from the rest of the applicants? - 
I believe time and dedication to the server as well as being in a dead timezone like AEST (Australia) could benefit the server quite immensely when it comes to staff activeness and having less Prefect laws. Another thing I want to include is, always wanting to better myself and learn from past mistakes and actively working on fixing certain things the community has highlighted to me about myself.

(9.) Have you been staff/are currently on any other servers?
Manager on minecraft server from May 2019 to March 2020 (Shutdown) - Due to loss of funding.
Mod on minecraft server from October 2018 to May 2019 (^) (same server).
Helper on another minecraft server from December 2018 to January 2019 (Resigned/Shutdown) - Due to me losing interest in the community.

(10.) Have you ever been banned on any Garry's Mod/SBS servers? If yes, then please list when, how long, and the reason. - 
Yes, But I have not been banned in a very long time and can not for the life of me remember the reasons and lengths.

(11.) Are the Server staff or the players more important? Why? - 
Both in my opinion. The server would be nothing without the players, and the server would be in mayhem without the staff.

(12) How would you rate your skills overall out of 10 (EX: Patience, response time, etc) - 
Patience - 8 
Response Time - 9
Fairness - 9
Friendliness - 9
Approachability - 7

(13.) If you do not know how to handle a situation in a mod-sit, what do you do?
I would check the compendium to see if it can help in the situation, Ask other staff online/discord, If none are on I would use my best judgement in the moment and tell the players if they did not agree on my judgement to ask for further clarification in discord pms/forums. (Ban Situation)

(14.) You understand and realize, that by applying for staff on the server also means, that you are sacrificing the complete freedom of being able to RP freely all the time without any interruptions, and are obligated to handle all server issues at hand no matter the situation? - 
I 100% realize that I am giving up the full right to RP above staffing in every situation.

(15.) Please make a list of all previous staff applications, a link to them, and the reason they were locked. If they were accepted, please give a short explanation of why you are no longer staff. (Disregard if this is your first application) -
This is my first application.

Last Edited - Friday, 11th September, 2020, 1:12pm AEST.
[Image: giphy.gif]
(Being Shit At Phasmo) "It's okay, us Gay people know how to hide in closets." - Astral
Expand Signature

Itd be nice if you didnt use black text so i could actually read your app. No vote
Ravenclaw Horcrux
The Faceless
"Your ass is grass and I'm going to mow it!"
[Image: 20190302_000700.jpg]

Mans Be Thinkin' He's Tommy Shelby When He's Really Digbeth Kid
[Image: adcb458bb75e6964f6f1de8b4c377fc3.png]
Expand Signature

-1 seeing you on server today and I haven't been on for a week or so but you just don't seem the type of person that the community members would like to have as staff. Nor do you come across as approachable. I have seen you well before today as well and didn't like what have saw you tend to get easily triggered or butt hurt over the smallest of things.
Ritchie Lupin
Gryffindor
Toxic AF
Expand Signature

you got rule 5 wrong, it's mass freespelling, normal freespelling is fine as long as you dont do it on an unarrestable job. no vote yet haven't read the app fully (will update reply when i have)

Ok just read it it's a very generic app and such, but currently i agree with Ritchie. -1
also i agree with Lukas' statement atm

wait lemme communicate why i -1'd your app into your langauge:

hiss hiss hiss sss sshh -1
[Image: f47058646314a98b614dc5ca79a10e7e.png]

if u ever see someone mrdm'ing as a df in an active classroom that's probably because of me
Expand Signature

Hi Dan, So over the past weeks while you have been on the server, you have been enforcing WAY too much, over the smallest things too, this might not be a problem but it gets the community to dislike you a lot, you also get yourself involved in a way too many situations that you shouldn't and you should stay out of them, and yes I also agree with what Ritchie says as of right now if you get mod I think you will personally target me and a few other individuals but that's just an opinion.

Hey everyone that's replied so far. Thanks for the feedback and I will be sure to work on the feedback you guys have provided. I admit I do tend to enforce the rules a bit much and I will work on being more lenient in situations, as well as working on my approachability and not getting involved in stuff that I should not. Thanks.
(Being Shit At Phasmo) "It's okay, us Gay people know how to hide in closets." - Astral
Expand Signature

I've had the chance to speak to you and i don't think you will be a good staff member for 2 reasons .

1) your lack of undestanding the rules.
2) the way you think you can enforce them ,i'll explain a lil bit better . When we had that discussion and you were wrong about the type of ban someone should get you said " i think it should be that way " ,  which i said " thank god we have rules and guidelines to follow otherwise it would be chaos" , and still you were so stubborn in your way of thinking .

Plus you're playing the mod wanna be but with lack of consistency you're one sec a minge and right after a super nazi prefect . 

-1 for me sir
[Image: HI2gLSL.png] 
Expand Signature

Hey Dan,

I haven't interacted with you too much. You do indeed enforce the rules as I see you on the Ravenclaw whitelist doing so. I was also there for your great hall hosting, which went okay; you provided lots of examples throughout your rules discussion. I do kind of agree with some comments previously made above, however, I don't really see this too often as I am only online a short part of the day.

So I'll give you a neutral - +1
Expand Signature

-1 U should grow up first... no disrespect.

Come back in 2 years
[Image: tyrono2.png][Image: ezgif.com-add-textcbccfd6f41ebb75f.gif]
[Image: matlaw.png]
Expand Signature

I like you man I think you’re really cool and yes you follow the rules and report regardless of who they are which show you have no biased towards anyone which is good for a staff member.

But I feel like that you really like to be liked man you really care about what everyone thinks about you and idk if you’d voice your opinion and go against what everyone else thinks if need be ya know leaving a friend group to up your chances of getting staff shows that to me imo idk what everyone else thinks. 

But you definitely follow the rules well sometimes too well but sometimes you have to look of situations outside of what rules say word for word or something idk how to explain it. 

Anyway neutral leaning towards -1 dude 
Barry blackwater bb x Harrygasm
Expand Signature