Bob Hoff's Staff Manager App

My Comments:

While Bob is quite new to the team, he’s been able to bring an always interesting and unique flavour of what I like to call a “Caring Retardation”, he’s able to get along with each staff member due to his general humour, which while deprecating in a sense of him constantly asking someone like myself “When are you resigning”, it can be quite funny (most the time.) 

Bob never fails to make people on the team laugh, and has a nice energy about him.

My concerns lie in really this application itself, as I feel like it leaves a lot to be desired in a similar way to what Etlenor said. Some answers feel a little vague, if you were to get the Staff Manager Position, what would you specifically push to implement in order to as you say perhaps “retain players to the server” or encourage staff to get on the server and encourage roleplay? How are you going to look to solve issues such as the seemingly decreasing amount of staff on the team? What direction do you plan to take the team in? More harsh or lenient? Ease up on expectations or increase them? Etc.

Another (lesser) concern is your seemingly dismissal of general game making on the server, as you’ve said before that “It doesn’t seem as important right now as the server is kind of low pop a lot”, would you have anything to say in regards to this, as I feel there are those, like myself, who would disagree in that events can really retain players if not more than regular roleplay. 

One thing is for certain though and that is that Bob has a good hefty spirit about him, looking to make people laugh in peculiar ways. I don’t think he’d be a bad pick.

A neutral stance currently, subject to change in the next few weeks.

Edit: Revised Vote -
Out of the 3 applicants, Bob is the most engaged with the staff team out of all of them (I understand that this is harsh on Bathilda who doesn't have much accessibility to that) but there hasn't been a day in recent weeks where Bob won't be sitting in a voice channel in discord ready to speak to those who want to pop in and talk. Furthermore, Bob, unlike the other 2 applicants has a sure-fire stance that he will engage in disciplinary, as he has literally been a mod for the last 4-5 months. Seems to be that he has a real care for the server currently.

On the flip flop side of things is this application itself, as others have said it's very bare bones and for me really soils things as it fails to outline a real plan for the staff team and is quite vague in areas. As well as your inability to be at the Second meeting of the week due to timezones.

Regardless, I'll be changing my vote to a neutral to +1.
This is a signature
Expand Signature

Messages In This Thread
Bob Hoff's Staff Manager App - by Bob Hoff - 08-22-2022, 02:11 AM
RE: Bob Hoff's Staff Manager App - by Etlenor - 08-22-2022, 02:38 AM
RE: Bob Hoff's Staff Manager App - by Bob Hoff - 08-22-2022, 03:28 AM
RE: Bob Hoff's Staff Manager App - by Bҽʅʅα*:・゚✧ - 08-22-2022, 02:23 PM
RE: Bob Hoff's Staff Manager App - by Pierre - 08-23-2022, 10:00 AM
RE: Bob Hoff's Staff Manager App - by Yaycob - 09-18-2022, 05:36 PM