Bob Hoff's Staff Manager App

Bob was only around the team with me for about a month before my resignation. During that time, my experience with him was all positive. He was, at the time, an outsider to the team that was a wildcard to take on because he had only recently stopped minging on the server. Despite that, he formed connections on the team due to his charisma and easygoingness before his trial had even concluded. Aside from that, I gathered during my time with Bob that he is thick-skinned and lighthearted. These are incredible qualities to have as the staff manager as somebody that is dead serious can heavily damage a team's morale.

(switching to address Bob)

With that being said, I do have some concerns and reservations, one that's unique to you that Gina and Bathilda won't have to worry about as much due to the longevity of their SBS careers. If you are to receive the position, there will be a time when you are faced with having a difficult conversation with a staff member who has been around years longer than you and is someone who you may have looked up to recently. Because you are still newer to the team and, at least from my time with you, haven't taken many leadership opportunities, I am unsure as to whether you'd be able to do this without folding. If you have since taken up more leadership roles maybe list what you've done under the section where you discuss leadership as being one of the reasons to have you as manager.

Aside from this one concern, you elude on your app that you aren't very active now, but if you were to obtain the position you would become active again. I don't doubt that you would become incredibly active for a bit, but if you already aren't enjoying the server enough to remain active now I worry once the position of staff manager gets 'old' your engagement will drop fast as it seems your motivation comes from promotion rather than self-enjoyment (this was something we would bring up when considering admins). 

Lastly I would've maybe liked to see a bit more of a 'plan' for your app since after all you are a bit less established than the others but it's fine as it's always difficult to convey ideas on an app. 

Bob, you are a fantastic person. There's no doubt in my mind you'd be a well-liked manager, I just worry when it's time to get serious you may struggle. I think among the current applicants you are the most difficult to get a read on, a true wildcard. But hey, that's what people called me when I applied for this position, so, maybe a wildcard is what the team needs :)

Gl Bob, no vote!

Messages In This Thread
Bob Hoff's Staff Manager App - by Bob Hoff - 08-22-2022, 02:11 AM
RE: Bob Hoff's Staff Manager App - by Etlenor - 08-22-2022, 02:38 AM
RE: Bob Hoff's Staff Manager App - by Bob Hoff - 08-22-2022, 03:28 AM
RE: Bob Hoff's Staff Manager App - by Pierre - 08-23-2022, 10:00 AM
RE: Bob Hoff's Staff Manager App - by Yaycob - 09-18-2022, 05:36 PM