Boxer's Game Maker Application

1.) White: Questions
2.) Blue: Answer
3.) Red: Personal Comments.

(1.) What is your SteamID and your Steam URL? - Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:80048920 

(1a) What is your most recent ingame name? - Petty Officer Boxer

(2.) What Timezone do you live in? - CST (Central Standard Time)

(2a) Please put what times you are most active in CST (Chicago US), so the managers know when they can expect to see you. - I am normally active around 12:00 PM (Afternoon) to 7:30 or 8:30 PM (Night)

(3.) How old are you? - I am fifteen years of age.

(4.) When did you first join our server and how did you discover it? -  I joined yesterday, at the time of writing this. (I've actually met a few good people already, CT Rice is a great guy, he's 41st I believe. Odin's pretty chill.) I discovered the server through the server menu I suppose.

(4a) How can we be sure you will stay active and loyal (with your time) to Star by Star? - Well, I'm a very experienced GM, previous Head of Staff on a different server (Don't know if I'm allowed to say the name) But I'm home schooled, so that should tell you that I'm normally free a lot of the time when I'm not doing my homework. I've been told that fresh faced people are looked kindly on so I'm here and ready to bring some good events! With my previous experience in being Head of Staff, I understand the annoyance of (GMs, Mods, Helpers, ect, ect) not showing up to do their jobs. Its tough on admins and I've learned that the hard way so I wouldn't put that kind of pressure on the staff members. (Unless I have to)

(4b) Do you understand you can be let go at ANY time for inactivity? - Yes, I've let go people myself and it's annoying when someone doesn't do their job. If I ever need to go in active for a bit, I'd let the staff team know.

(5.) Do you understand and agree to not only comply with, but also enforce the rules of the Server when necessary? - Yes, I will enforce the rules of the Server but also obey and heed to them as well.

(5a) When listing the rules please explain what they mean to show that you understand them.
 List Rules below:
  1: No FailRP/Minging (Disobeying the rules/speaking about things that in lore, the character you are playing would have no knowledge about, creating a disturbance, shooting randomly, ect, ect.)
 2: No RDMing (Random Death Match, killing players/staff for no apparent reason/without a reason)
 3: Be respectful to not only staff but players as well (Don't disrespect players/staff. Ex: Insulting, Talking "smack" about in front of or behind the Player's back.)
 4: Obey Staff and RP Leaders (Ex: During an event, follow the GM's/Staff members rules for whatever event)
 5: Do not mic/chat spam (Ex: "HOGWARTS IS BETTER" x80 in the chat/playing music or just yelling into your mic)
 6: Advert is for RP purposes ONLY (Advert is used by Officers and rarely used by pilots but never used for an OOC mention of any sort)
 7: Salute your Commanding officers (LT+ is to be saluted when being spoken to or nearby)
 8: Do not AFK (Ex: AFKing for extended periods of time is more than likely looked down upon no matter the cause) or Map Exploit (Ex: Glitching out of the map or getting under/ontop of the map or somehow just flying through the map)

(5b) Expain what the term "minge" means, when referring to a player on the server - Someone who is mic/chat spamming, shooting randomly, directly bugging COs or players in general, saying things that should be done in OOC, ect, ect. Basically just purposely breaking rules for a giggle from other troopers and to annoy staff/CG.

(6.) Tell us about yourself and why you want to be staff on SBS? (100 words or less) -  A bit about me, I know a bit about star wars lore, I enjoy football, I like to spend my time with friends or on PC, I'm a total sucker for sugar, I am fifteen and I've played GMOD for about.. two or three years with 6000+ hours. I'd like to be a GM on the server for the list of reasons below.
1.) I generally enjoy the server and often see people complain about no events or ask staff members for events.
2.) You seem to need GMs (According to admins)
3.) The Server itself is short, sweet and simple, perfect for a GM.
4.) The Staff I've met so far seem to be very friendly/chill.
5.) Player base seems to be very active and well.
6.) I am an experienced GM (As mentioned many times, I apologize for that.) 2+ Years doing GM work, GM is what I have always enjoyed doing, a bit more than being an official enforcement Staff member (Ex: Mod)
7.) I honestly enjoy telling stories, making events for not only other people but friends and family. Its easy and fun, good to make bored players happy and honestly, a career choice is to become a writer.
Those are the reasons I wish to become a GM.

(7.) What do you feel you need to improve on the most? - I think sometimes I am a bit bias/anger tolerance is not great either (Working on both) besides that, I don't know of anything else.

(8.) How would having you on staff benefit our server and what sets you apart from the rest of the applicants? - Well, I have two main reasons.

1.) Experience, I have a lot of experience with GM, it's what I've done on Gmod for a long time. I only became enforcement staff twice. (Gmod as 6000+ hours by the way)
2.) I have read multiple times that people are bored and people beg for events to where the Admins sound annoyed and bugged to do them so I believe It could benefit greatly to the Admins/Mods, taking weights of their shoulders of not having to do many events all the time.

(9.) Have you been staff/are currently on any other servers? If so, which ones? (List them if possible) - I am not currently staff on any servers, but I have been staff on servers. But it has been a while so bear with me.
1.) GM at EN (Elemental Networks), Then promoted to Senior GM, then made a moderator (I applied, they needed more mods), Then promoted to Senior Mod, then Division Leader, then promoted to Head of Staff (I was also GOA, General of The Army.) I was almost made Co-Owner but then I had a house fire in November last year so I had to retire, giving my Head of Staff rank to a DL named Hunter.
2.) I've had multiple GM ranks on multiple servers but those were two years ago so I can't remember them all.
3.) I was a Mod on a small DarkRP server called RedStar.

(10.) Have you ever been banned on any Garrys Mod/SBS servers? If yes, then please list when, how long, and the reason. - Not that I know of.

(11.) Are the Server staff or the players more important? Why? - I believe both are important, neither "more" important. Staff are important because they keep the server fun and in check. Players are important for the server because, well, the more players the more events/donations to keep the server alive. But the players and staff have a really important role. Staff's role is to keep the players in line and keep the player-base alive. However, Players are the reason staff exist, they are the ones who keep staff.. well, staff.

(12.) How would you rate your skills overall out of 10 (EX: Patience, Communication, etc) - 1.) My patience is not the greatest, I will try to improve on that so I'd say (7/10)
2.) Communication is spotty. I have line/skype/discord but on the server no mic (Getting one very soon) so I'd say (8/10)
3.) Organization, I like to think I am a decently organized person. Sometimes I misplace event ideas so that's why I'd say (7/10)
4.) Attitude, I think my attitude isn't the greatest sometimes because of anger issues that runs in my family, but I vent to friends so that helps a lot. (6/10)
5.) Teamwork, Plain and Simple, If you want to work with me friendly, I'll work with you. If you want to be negative throughout our partnership for the time being, I will not work with you. (8/10)
6.) Learning, I LOVE to learn, it helps me become a better person and better GM when it comes to star wars knowledge. (9/10)
7.) Quick Thinking, I like to believe I am a bit of a quick thinker sometimes. It seems to me I can come up with a small story in about 10 minutes and go from there. (7/10)
8.) Ability to "Get back up" or Resilience, I am able to get off my feet but it might take a while if I've hit rock bottom. I have a lot of personal issues I'd rather not to discuss. (5/10)
9.) Likeness, I think I am a like-able person. I try to be as positive as possible, sometimes my issues get a better hold of me though. I enjoy hanging out and talking about almost anything. (8/10)
10.) Ability to be active, I'd say I can be VERY active a lot of the time due to not having many friends and really having nothing to due besides school work. But sometimes life gets in the way so I'd rate it, (9/10)

(13.) How familiar on a scale of 1 to 10 are you with Garrys Mod Sandbox tools? - Depends on the server, I'm a bit rusty now because we had a house fire last year and I lost my PC, only recently getting a new one. So a quick refreshment and I'd say (8/10)

(14.) Give us a couple of detailed examples of an event you would use and how you would proceed with them - Well I have a story line. I'll give you part one, please do not take this idea without consulting me first.

PART 1, ACT 1.

Color Chart:
1.) Blue: Actions done by troops/narrator.
2.) Green: Character lines.
3.) Red: Personal Comments/Examples
*The Troopers are called to briefing. When they arrive, they are instructed to be seated. Once everyone has arrived, Admiral "Malius" would approach the stage, walk up to the podium.*
Admiral Malius: "Good (morning/afternoon/evening) troopers. At 1200 today, we lost all contact with a republic cruiser known as "The Vengeance". They had obtained a prisoner of Naboo who agreed to give top secret information about a potential attack in exchange for protection. "The Vengeance" destination was Coruscant. But once they entered hyperspace, we lost all contact. We believe that the ship has had some kind of engine damage. We're going to try and find the cruiser or what's left of it and hopefully find some survivors. Leading the Operation would be Commander (Example, possibly SG/Jedi/CG or something of the sort. I'd have to find a model.) I will stay in the FOB and give you instructions." *The Venator makes it way to "The Vengeance", arriving to find all power is down, the troopers are instructed to use magnetics, then try to find the crew. The Troopers find the crew but they have been murdered, assumed to be by CIS. The Troopers call it in, then are instructed to secure the entire ship, destroy any droids found and find the prisoner holding the top secret information. Once they reach the brig, they are greeted by (Count Dooku, Ventress, Grevious or someone of the sort. Whatever I'm allowed to use.) The Troopers are attacked by droids while (Count Dooku, Ventress, Grevious or someone of the sort) grabs the prisoner, attempting to get them aboard a shuttle. (Depending on what they do, they will most likely win is the goal) Once they've secured the prisoner and (Count Dooku or whoever) "The Vengeance" is attacked by the CIS fleet. With time running out, the troopers are instructed to make a hasty getaway with the prisoners and any survivors they find (I will have at least one Naval crew member as a survivor, played by Staff Members/GMs). Once the troopers get away, they see "The Vengeance" get blown to pieces, meaning all data stored is lost. (Depending on if the Prisoner carrying information dies or not is the outcome of Part 2. We're going with the good ending currently.) Leaving the troopers to return home. Once they get to debrief, CG cuff the prisoner to the podium as Admiral "Malius" approaches the podium.* Admiral Malius: Well done indeed, troops. You've done well. The Prisoner has been secured and the information will be ours shortly. (Then Promotions/Demotions, ect, ect.) And so ends, the first part.

(15.) Do you have any experience using ULX or building on Garry's Mod? - bit of ULX experience, yes. I do not have much building experience.

(16.) You understand and realize, that by applying for staff on the server also means, that you are sacrificing the complete freedom of being able to RP freely all the time without any interruptions, and are obligated to handle all server issues at hand no matter the situation? - Of course.

(17.) Please make a list of all previous staff applications, a link to them, and the reason they were locked. If they were accepted, please give a short explanation of why you are no longer staff. (Disregard if this is your first application) - I do not have any previous staff applications (here at least). If you are referring to another server, I couldn't find them. Most of the servers I applied/accepted on are gone.

(Thank you for reading my App for Game Maker, I'd be glad to take any Constructive criticism)
          [Image: welcome-to-the-internet-guide-horse-mask...737940.png]

[Image: 0Zgrfm.jpg]

+1 - Your event sounds good and your application is well written.
[Image: T7QscoT.png]

(11-21-2018, 04:41 PM)Comet Wrote: +1 - Your event sounds good and your application is well written.

Thank you for the feedback!

Wow +1 you have the best apply+your events are awesome i want to see you making them.Good luck with your apply. Heart
[Image: AF71141138C53A942779E4913ED6B6CE2.gif?5be0747f805c8][Image: IWYf4ra.png]

(11-22-2018, 01:01 AM)alex (3) Wrote: Wow +1 you have the best apply+your events are awesome i want to see you making them.Good luck with your apply. Heart

Thank you very much! I'm glad you enjoyed my application. 

I'm done, someone lock this application. I'm not going to continue hoping to be even glanced at by a staff member.

Thread Locked as requested.
[Image: dlopauad9d4.png]

Hufflepuff Head Prefect          Aberrant Dementor

The Divergent One          Ravenclaw Horcrux
Horcrux