Student Update.

Hi, so some people MIGHT have read my post on the portal with the update, some haven't. If not this post is here under suggestions, just for, well, help, more than anything, understand that there isn't a format for this, as this is to help the server, as well as help me.

So first is what did my post say, Well, let me copy paste and sum it up real quick:

Right now as an example, the first basic male student that we have had for the longest of times has 3 skin tones, 3 hair colours and 2 hair styles, making a grand total of 18 different variations, add onto that the possibility that I can factor eye colour into this and we can get a grand total of 72, multiply that by 4, and well that's the amount of house student male variations. Holy shit that's a lot. Not to mention the possibility of more. (At most 4x4x4x2 which would be about 108)

A lot of work to go on. BY NO MEANS does this mean what's gonna happen is gonna change. I want to be clear when I say this now.
Students bodys aren't gonna look much better, I could try, but it's not that I have no interest, I simply don't have the time to just, do it whenever.
However, do note certain things are going to remain as I intended their vision:
1: prefects are the only ones to have badges, they will be their prefect badges and the only models to include those.
2: head prefects will have robes ONLY them. Why? They need to stand out and be unarrestable, as they will be a different model, then they will no longer be arrestable making it easier for them to do their jobs.
3: A lot of uhh... Main characters need more work, Some can't be fixed... .LAVANDER, but others can be. I have considered adding the messy shirt option that good ol harry has but, I'm not certain about that all yet.

Main thing to take from this: We can get a lot more variations on students faster and take a lot less time. I was down for just having about 8 models for all houses, now we can have what is essentially 100+.

So what's this thread here for?
Input, a lot of it.
I'm not going around finding new things, but if you're interested in staying up to date you can subscribe to this post or even post feedback for me.
To get a better understanding I will be posting screenshots for y'all
[Image: iB2GGNu.png]

Stickied, I'll be checking up on this when I have chances to work on the students. Internet is shitty right now

I'm hoping to go one student per week (Work through textures and code then finalize the model)

COMPLETED
Male_V1. - 72 total variations Per house. 3 Hair Colours, 2 hair styles, 4 eye colours, 3 skin colours. 3 x 3 = 9 x 2 = 18 x 4 = 40 + 32 = 72
♫~♪~♫
Be my bruiser
Trust me I'm a loser
You're a classy lady, how'd you get so bad?
I'm unruly
Tie me up and school me
You've got privilege baby, how'd you get so sad?
And you can love me, hate me
Just don't try to save me
Call my name and drag it through the mud
Love me, hate me
Go on try to break me
♫~♪~♫

I feel like more hairstyles would be cool if possible, eye colour is kinda eh you don't notice it much, different heights for years could be cool rather than everyone being 6ft units?

I like the ideas presented with prefects but I feel all prefects should have capes but the head pretects get little gnome hates like Percy

[Image: giphy.gif]

More hairstyles = Too much time (I tried and it just didnt work so i'm not bothering)

Capes: Ugh, problem is it will have physics so everyone will be like yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee cape, don't want that, head prefects should be the stand out where people are like 'omg that's cool' and people being like ' can i be that'

Problems with capes on both and the hat: like, they're not vips they're not super special, just prefects, they had a badge in law that was all. However the cloaks on the head prefects is what I want to be set apart, and having more options for those head prefects for models will mean people could be more open to whitelisting those jobs.

height is something I could TRY and fuck with. Making them like, not super tall, but not so short it's funny. maybe .9 ? idk. I'd have to go into testing with things like proportions and scale and I managed to make it work on a person but fucked on a dragon and I don't know if I fucked it up or.. well yeah you get my point.

The idea then is that the prefects would be regular size now and just, stand taller and out from the rest at least.

Sorry to dissapoint but I can't delay this forever and I can't just, well, do everything.

But do think of it like this, it's a starting point for future modelers and devs if Guy wishes them to help out. I'd ask Konnie but I'm sure he's busy with other shit.

Overall:
Prefects conceived, denied.
Heights Testing.

YEET
♫~♪~♫
Be my bruiser
Trust me I'm a loser
I'm unruly
Tie me up and school me
Love me, hate me
Go on try to break me
♫~♪~♫

Are you going to be removing the other male models with the other hairstyles then and be adding all of these ones in their place?

Also I like the idea of capes on the head prefects, just don't make the head prefects taller than other students please lol I don't want that on mine

Edit: @Finkle Mattias LaCandi I own ravenclaw head prefect and I do not want that lol she is smol and delicate not big :(
[Image: I3z07ES.png]
[Image: tumblr_mtc9ybnlzK1s4q4eyo1_500.gif]
[Image: ZIf7Ua3.png]

(11-28-2018, 09:38 AM)Ariel Lionheart Wrote: Are you going to be removing the other male models with the other hairstyles then and be adding all of these ones in their place?

Also I like the idea of capes on the head prefects, just don't make the head prefects taller than other students please lol I don't want that on mine

Thing is though if changes are made to some students you'll be taller anyway as head pretects usually are higher in year thus them naturally being taller unless you submitted a height change to make it smaller like the others as I am guessing that comes down to the owners of the customs, but it won't matter anyway if the height change isn't implemented and tbh it's probably more hassle than its worth.

[Image: giphy.gif]

The It would be nice to have all the students have robes but I’m sure you wouldn’t want that. Overall I agree with you on regular prefects having badges and then the head prefects getting special robes and such. 

I suppose is there a possibility of finally seeing Harry Potter in a school uniform instead of him wearing normals? 

Keep up the great work!
Tom Aeternalis-Iduis
Formerly Tom Savage
Joined Hogwarts RP: August 14th, 2017
Married Satia Sanguis (formerly Curran and Seir) February 24th, 2018
Master Prestige: April 26th, 2018, 9:12:09 pm
Married into the Aeternalis-Iduis Family (formerly Delova-Iduis): September 23rd, 2018
Self-Imposed Exile: September 26th - November 13th, 2018
Gryffindor House Sword Fighting Champion: December 7th, 2018

Clone Wars:
CT 2077 Savage
[Image: 133014_0.jpg]

Alrighty, so like, heres the deal. Pop it to your friends.

Females have less, uhh coloured options as students, I want to give them more however..

[Image: nFXxUJU.jpg]

I really don't know if this hits the mark for people and i don't want it to be controvetial (Yes I know she has white hands)

If people are keen I'll do it.

Please vote on this post, if I do not get to about 20 or so (Which I know I can get with the Staff team if they show support) agrees/likes I will not do this.
Each disagree and dislike I will consider as .75 of a vote, in other words if I get 28 thumbs ups even with 10 disagrees I will go along with it.

Got it, go.

(Also if you have criticism please write it this shits fucking annoying to do)
♫~♪~♫
Be my bruiser
Trust me I'm a loser
I'm unruly
Tie me up and school me
Love me, hate me
Go on try to break me
♫~♪~♫

The eyes are scary.

[Image: 462.gif]
[Image: p65MmfN.png]

wutface is all i have to say
[Image: I3z07ES.png]
[Image: tumblr_mtc9ybnlzK1s4q4eyo1_500.gif]
[Image: ZIf7Ua3.png]

Not that I don't like this idea, variation is always cool but wouldn't having so many different models which just change the eye colour have an impact on server's file size, each just changing 1 texture? Unless you just making it texture groups? idk.
Eye colour isn't that noticeable unless your rather close to someone which I doubt most people will even notice and when wanting to change your model, you'd have to look rather close at your screen to see what colour your eyes are, possibly taking a lot of time to navigate to the face/hair/eye colour you want each time you switch jobs?

Good work regardless though, it's always nice to see updates!

also finger posing when? :^)
i just do models n graphic design, hi

[Image: E4Vbyhf.png]