Jack Whiteland Hooman's Application

(1.) What is your SteamID? - STEAM_0:1:153611348

(1a) What is your most recent ingame name? -
Jack Whiteland Hooman

(1b) What is your current year level in-game? (MUST be 7th to apply.) -
5th but I'm giving it a try as I'm very active, very close to Sixth Year. (3% away from Sixth Year).

(2.) What Timezone do you live in? - 
GMT

(2a) Please put what times you are most active in CST (Chicago US), so the managers know when they can expect to see you. -
GMT/BST. UK times.

(3.) How old are you? -

(4.) When did you first join our server and how did you discover it? -
I liked it, it was very good and fun and not easy but the whole aim of it is for it to not be easy, I'm glad it's not easy as it's give you an challenge to get spells and to level up. I go on the server everyday as I find it fun, and not boring at all but unfortunately some players don't find the server fun but I do.

(4a) How can we be sure you will stay active and loyal (with your time) to Star by Star? -
Yes you can be sure for me to be active, I play the server everday 4 hours+.

(4b) Do you understand you can be let go at ANY time for inactivity? -
Yes, I do understand but it won't get to that point as I won't go inactive at all. By the time you know it, I'll be Prestige 1.

(5.) Do you understand and agree to not only comply with, but also enforce the rules of the Server when necessary? -
Yes I will always enforce the rules of the server, I will not break one as a player/and/or game maker.

(5a) When listing the rules please explain what they mean to show that you understand them.
 List Rules below:

1: NLR - New Life Rule, Do not return to your position for 5 minutes once killed or gone away from the place/area.

2: RDM - Random Death Match, Do not kill students, teachers or other classes unless there is an good valid rp reason or if there is an lock down.

3: Metagaming - When you look at an DAR for example (Dark Animagus Rogue) and say straight away there a dark force, I/you shouldn't know as there are undercover.

4: FailRP - When you do not RP good enough for example, students not being students and just wanting to talk, not act like an student at hogwart's. Also this can apply for others, such as teachers, if teachers aren't teaching, that can be classes as FailRP.

5: RDA - When a Prefect+ arrests a player for no RP/good reason.

6: No mic-spamming/chat spamming - When a player is for example playing loud music in voice chat and won't stop once told to stop. Chat spam: When a player is spamming /ooc or /advert to annoy everyone on the server.

7: False adverts - When a player adverts something that isn't advert worthy, example: Ken Whiteland advert: Hi everyone! This isn't an advert and this shouldn't happen and nothing similar should happen.

8: ERP - Erotic Roleplay - Do not do this. An example of this could be: /me Humps Sophie Panderson. This is ERP and it isn't allowed.

9: Do not avoid the AFK System - For example: Trying to exploit ways to avoid the system.

10: Do not disrespect players/staff/rp leaders. For example: You're fat or you're so retar**d.

(5b) Expain what the term "minge" means, when referring to a player on the server -
A minge is when a new player or someone who isn't new just want's to cause chaos for everyone on the server and want's to break every rule and want's to be muted, gagged, warned, kicked/or and banned.

(6.) Tell us about yourself and why you want to be staff on SBS? (100 words or less) -
I am a very sporty person and my favourite sport is football, I play for a team and I do training on Wednesdays and Saturdays and do football games on Sundays, I have up-coming exams which I'm worried and nervous about but I'll get through it. I want to be a game maker on SBS because I want to make player's happy and their entertainment good, I'd be very active and would do events and do them to the best of my ability to make sure players enjoy the events and I'd do events quite regularly/often with other Gamemakers.

(7.) What do you feel you need to improve on the most? -
Nothing really, I don't really cause problems for players/staff on the server, I just roleplay as a dark force or prefect mainly.

(8.) How would having you on staff benefit our server and what sets you apart from the rest of the applicants? -
Me being game maker would benefit the server because I would be very active doing good events and allowing players/staff to enjoy themselves, of course along with over game makers/event makers.

(9.) Have you been staff/are currently on any other servers? If so, which ones? (List them if possible) - I use to be staff on CityRP Gaming, I was an Senior-Admin, 2 ranks away from Super Admin, Super Admin is the highest rank on that server.

(10.) Have you ever been banned on any Garrys Mod/SBS servers? If yes, then please list when, how long, and the reason. - Nope, I've never been banned on Garry's Mod/SBS Server's, I dont even have a steam ban.

(11.) Are the Server staff or the players more important? Why? -
Both as important as each other as they both play the server and are here to enjoy it except from staff are here to play, enjoy themselves and to staff.

(12.) How would you rate your skills overall out of 10 (EX: Patience, Communication, etc) -
8/10, I am a very patience person and I communicate with people well. I don't get angry too easily, I'm nice to the players/staff in-game and I don't cause any problems what so ever.

(13.) How familiar on a scale of 1 to 10 are you with Garrys Mod Sandbox tools? -
I would say I'm a 5/6 out of 10 as I use to use them alot on the server that I was Senior-Admin on.

(14.) Give us a couple of detailed examples of an event you would use and how you would proceed with them -
Christmas Event: I would ake someone santa and another person bad santa. The bad santa's aim is to steal all the presents from the castle and to kill the normal santa (good santa), the dark forces will help the bad santa fight off the normal santa's army, the light forces.

Light Forces vs Dark Forces Event: I would bring all the dark forces and light forces together at the quidditch pitch, of course they'd be a box around the pitch so no other jobs/roles could get in, I'd strip all the dark forces and light forces that are attending the event. They would only get a sword to fight and who ever wins, wins, this would create fun for the dark forces and light forces in my opinion, and in my opinion, it'd make people want to watch the event outside the quidditch pitch. Of course the one's attending, I'd re-name them. For example if there was 5 light forces and 5 dark forces, I'd name them like DF 1, DF 2, DF 3, DF, DF 4, LF 1, LF 2, LF 3, LF 4 and LF 5.

(15.) Do you have any experience using ULX or building on Garry's Mod? -
I'm okay with ULX but I would say I'm a decent builder on Garry's Mod as I build usually on DarkRP Servers.

(16.) You understand and realize, that by applying for staff on the server also means, that you are sacrificing the complete freedom of being able to RP freely all the time without any interruptions, and are obligated to handle all server issues at hand no matter the situation? -
Yes I understand as a game maker, I must do events regularly and must act as an mod when there aren't 2+ mod's online.

(17.) Please make a list of all previous staff applications, a link to them, and the reason they were locked. If they were accepted, please give a short explanation of why you are no longer staff. (Disregard if this is your first application) -

https://starbystargaming.com/showthread.php?tid=2881 - He/she didn't wait the time to re-apply again reason why it is/was locked.

https://starbystargaming.com/showthread.php?tid=2738 - He/she bumped their thread leading the thread to be locked.

https://starbystargaming.com/showthread.php?tid=2702 - Thread was requested to be locked.

https://starbystargaming.com/showthread.php?tid=2898 - He/she was denied because he/she didn't meet the year requirement, I know I don't but I will by the time you know it and I am very active.

Thank you for reading my application!

- Jack Whiteland Hooman 

Sorry, but even for old players, the requirement is 7th or above first prestige. Check up on the rules in the future, they are in the wrong order and "NLR" isn't a rule, it's apart of Rule 1 "Fail rp"
@Astro Brooks-Nova @David Elios-EElsord @White The Mystic Elvish Queen
[Image: eNF125y.png]
[Image: giphy.gif]

So a couple of things Jack,
In order to apply for staff you must be a 7th year, and you’ve stated that you’re a 5 year.

For question 5(a), it seems like you don’t know the major 10 rules of the server, because NLR and RDA fall under No Fail RP ( Rule 1) so you missed 2 rules, which to be apart of staff you should know the major 10 like the back of your hand.

Also, the events you listed there’s only 2 listed and not in depth, and to be a game maker you would have to have a lot of ideas planned out and well thought out.

I’m going to give a -1 

Requesting thread lock because player is not 7th year and does not meet requirements. @Albert Sterling @Astro Brooks-Nova @White The Mystic Elvish Queen @EElsord
[Image: panda-Recovered-Recovered.png]

Joined SBS October of 2016
Hogwarts Moderator 6/3/18
Turq the Dragon 6/13/18
Hufflepuff Horcrux 9/18/18
Married into Aeternalis Family 9/24/18
Hogwarts Admin 1/6/19
Disney Wife
Bababa Queen

It is required to be at least 7th year, feel free to reapply when you get this level,
Thread Locked