Santos' Gamemaker Application

(1.) What is your SteamID and your Steam URL? -

https://steamcommunity.com/id/70701/
STEAM_0:0:84038329

(1a) What is your most recent ingame name? -
Private Santos

(2.) What Timezone do you live in? -
Eastern Time Zone

(2a) Please put what times you are most active in CST (Chicago US), so the managers know when they can expect to see you. -
Weekdays = 4 PM - 9PM
Weekends = Anytime

(3.) How old are you? -

(4.) When did you first join our server and how did you discover it? -
Joined HaloRP within minutes of launch, I have been on clone wars for awhile and been known by much of the community since then.

(4a) How can we be sure you will stay active and loyal (with your time) to Star by Star? -
When I was a moderator during prime clone wars times, there was a running joke that I would never get admin. I was moderator for about 5 months.

(4b) Do you understand you can be let go at ANY time for inactivity? -
Yes

(5.) Do you understand and agree to not only comply with, but also enforce the rules of the Server when necessary? -
Yes

(5a) When listing the rules please explain what they mean to show that you understand them.
List Rules below:
1: No FailRP - Know when to act as your in-game role and when it is appropriate not to.
2: Be respectful to all players - Stay kind & courtious, do not start drama.
3: Don’t RDM - Do not randomly kill other players.
4: Obey staff & RP leaders - Listen and do whatever staff and RP leaders command.
5: No meta-game - Do not use out of character context to give an upper-hand in roleplay.
6: No spam of any kind - Do not flood chat or voice chat with irrelevant trash.
7: Do not exploit the AFK System - Do not do anything that will automatically ignore the AFK kick.

(5b) Expain what the term "minge" means, when referring to a player on the server -
A player who usually has no intent to roleplay and spends their time ruining the immersion of others.

(6.) Tell us about yourself and why you want to be staff on SBS? (100 words or less) -
Just a little Portuguese boy who eats too much bread and lives on the East Coast. I hang out in discord with mi hombres and play games. SBS is pretty fun and usually if I am not doing anything, I tend to get antsy and being GM will fulfill my time.

(7.) What do you feel you need to improve on the most? -
Time-Management

(8.) How would having you on staff benefit our server and what sets you apart from the rest of the applicants? -
I have many unique traits and skills that would make me more likable than others.

(9.) Have you been staff/are currently on any other servers? If so, which ones? (List them if possible) -
No

(10.) Have you ever been banned on any Garrys Mod/SBS servers? If yes, then please list when, how long, and the reason. -
Who hasn’t? Couple times on prime clone wars times when I accidentally prop killed people.

(11.) Are the Server staff or the players more important? Why? -
Players are more important than the staff for a single reason. If there are no players on the server, then what job would staff have? For staff to perform their jobs, they need players and therefore players are more important.

(12.) How would you rate your skills overall out of 10 (EX: Patience, Communication, etc) -
Patience - 8
Communication - 7.5
Responsibility - 6.5
Courtesy - 8
Perception - 9
Kindness - 9
Gmod Knowledge (Building, Commands) - 9.5

(13.) How familiar on a scale of 1 to 10 are you with Garrys Mod Sandbox tools? -

(14.) Give us a couple of detailed examples of an event you would use and how you would proceed with them -
I am going to keep this detailed example to a minimum. It all starts on the space station where everybody is having a dandy day. After some time, the asteroid warning system goes off and all units report to their designated areas. The station will have all available methods preventing the asteroids from colliding. However due to budget cuts. One asteroid collides with the ship however it is infected with the flood. The flood manages to sneak into ventilation systems or any other hiding spots. After some time, they manage to spread around the ship and begin attacking any personnel. This ends with the players fighting against the flood, searching the ship, cleansing the ship, and doing any repairs. Just a simple horror event for the application.

(15.) Do you have any experience using ULX or building on Garry's Mod? -
Ask any cool cat from my time and they will be like, “Santos? That engineer guy? Oh yea man he's god tier”. I also have a fair bit of ULX experience from being moderator.

“I’ve never seen you build” - Sam
“Nine” - Joseph
“Nonexistent” - Salt

(16.) You understand and realize, that by applying for staff on the server also means, that you are sacrificing the complete freedom of being able to RP freely all the time without any interruptions, and are obligated to handle all server issues at hand no matter the situation? -
Yes

(17.) Please make a list of all previous staff applications, a link to them, and the reason they were locked. If they were accepted, please give a short explanation of why you are no longer staff. (Disregard if this is your first application) -
No idea where to find previous applications -
However I have had both my gamemaker application and moderator application accepted before.
[Image: 0DEF507399127C5D742AC195666666205CE8A900]

+1

I feel that Santos would be a good addition to the gamemaker team or at least deserves the shot on joining the team. He has proven his loyalty to the community and has also had the experience within building and also how events are carried out.
[Image: 76561198019748649.png][Image: AddFriend.png]
[Image: tumblr_p5pka77bI11wlbioqo1_500.gif]
[Image: 76561198019748649.png]

[Image: discord-logo-png-transparent.png]

Neutral

I haven't got to witness any events done but I heard from a few people your building and events were carried out efficiently so that's good.

However I would like to see more than 1 in your event ideas. @Salt  What I mean is there is just 1 event. I also do not think anyone is able to claim they are 10 of 10 when it comes to gmod building. I can't shake the feeling of a rushed app based on that. Good luck and I'll keep an eye out

Edit: @Santos  at the end of the sentence, it says how you would proceed with "them." heavily implying more than one event.

This is starting to look more like a power grab to me as you show me you rather argue feedback instead of learn from it.

Another thing demonstrated to me on the server was your lack of ability to think for yourself but instead whatever your group of friends decide to think, unfortunately getting involved in drama with people you don't even know.

Also find it unneccesary to use this thread as place to complain about someone else's application, leaving me no choice but to change my vote to a -1

Edit: Applicant still refuses to take feedback and tries to argue.
[Image: RyteGifSig1.png]
[Image: 843-newt-gif]
[Image: rl.png]

No bigs or anything but I just want to say, the question specifically asks for a "couple of detailed examples of an event". I would like to point out that it asks for a small amount of details in a single event. All you did was give different gamemodes with one sentence per to describe them, and have irrelevant images take up space. I am not going to try and do more than I was asked since all the staff team needs from me is one event.  

And about the sandbox tools, I would like to say that I have spent months on clone wars as an engineer, and the only thing you do as an engineer is use those tools to build. There are others who can back me up when I say, I can efficiently use 99% of the tools at my disposal. I have made some of the most unique creations during my time on clone wars.

Edit: After seeing your reply, I would like to once again point out that it states, "detailed examples". It does not imply "more than one event" but instead the examples mentioned previously in the question. This is obviously not an attempt at a power grab since gamemaker gets such minimal power. I only reply to make sure that no one reads your comment and makes the same mistake you did and misread the question. I am willing to take feedback, however what you told me was false in my opinion and I simply responded with what I thought. I was showing my side so you could maybe understand. I wouldn't take immediate feedback without showing my point of view first. I also understand that text can also sometimes be misread by the reader; I am not trying to argue, I am only conveying my own opinion. I have no intent to cause drama.

Also, if we're all followers then who is the leader? voldehappy
"[Image: b709bc00b245d66d93e72d7f5aaeb734.png]"

(03-11-2019, 07:48 PM)Santos Wrote: This is obviously not an attempt at a power grab since gamemaker gets such minimal power. I only reply to make sure that no one reads your comment and makes the same mistake you did and misread the question. 

I absolutely disagree with what you said here.

In many aspects, Game Masters are given BIGGER responsibilities as to promote a positive role play atmosphere on the server. Of course, the main time we ever see this is during Server Events or Events in general where the Game Master has access to a wider variety of tools and more le'way than an average Staff Member as to implement those instances. This, in my eyes honestly, provides a LARGE amount of power to whom ever is running these events. Both in terms of being a Staff Member and coordinating the Community at large.

Anyways, as per the application - It's small. More importantly you have absolutely no Staffing experience either which concerns me. I find it slightly concerning that people are saying that you know how events are conducted and carried when you haven't officially done it in any Game Master capacities before. And to point out something Ryte said as well, if you can't think for yourself and rely on ideas from your friends, how are you going to make your events dynamic and unique from other Game Masters? What makes you more competitive compared to the others who are applying for these spots that have that experience??

I don't know. I'm leaning towards a -1 on here to be honest.
[Image: 00mz7E0.png]
Joined the Community in September of 2017
Clan Blackmoore Patriarch
That One Famous Warlock People Snatch 24/7
Stolen Fullheartedly by Faeledra
[Image: 00mz7E0.png]

Isnt it better to provide more than one event, Even if it says detailed examples of an event, its like going above and beyond

Neutral, I'd like to see more event Ideas <3

Edit
Quality is > than quantity but where is the quality in the event he stated, its literally a kill everything clone wars event, if he's just gonna post one atleast make it less bland, asteroids colliding and hitting a ship and boom monsters appear? Quality

Edit to Edit:  So what if you get bored during GM?, you gonna still minge? maybe harder?
[Image: test.gif]

History:
Sexy Beast 1996 - 2019
Joined Hogwarts 25th June 2017
Trial Game Maker 27th August 2017
Full Game Maker 25th September 2017
Gryffindor President 21st July 2018
Resigned from Gamemaker 5th September 2018
??? 

(03-13-2019, 05:47 AM)Scentefy Wrote: Isnt it better to provide more than one event, Even if it says detailed examples of an event, its like going above and beyond

Neutral, I'd like to see more event Ideas <3

It only requires a single event idea. The applicant doesn't need to go all out and post numerous event ideas. Quality > Quantity.
[Image: 76561198019748649.png][Image: AddFriend.png]
[Image: tumblr_p5pka77bI11wlbioqo1_500.gif]
[Image: 76561198019748649.png]

[Image: discord-logo-png-transparent.png]

(03-13-2019, 05:19 AM)Draven Blackmoore Wrote: Anyways, as per the application - It's small. More importantly you have absolutely no Staffing experience either which concerns me. I find it slightly concerning that people are saying that you know how events are conducted and carried when you haven't officially done it in any Game Master capacities before. And to point out something Ryte said as well, if you can't think for yourself and rely on ideas from your friends, how are you going to make your events dynamic and unique from other Game Masters? What makes you more competitive compared to the others who are applying for these spots that have that experience??

1: I stated in my application that I have countless months on SBS, not to mention, on clone wars. (As both moderator and a gamemaker)
2: Since I was both a gamemaker and engineer, I had so many hours to do things such as passiverp, events, sims, and more.
3: I don't even understand why Ryte said I cannot think for myself. I don't recall any situation where I even relied on ideas other than my own. I only actually recall talking to Ryte a couple times; so not sure why he said I rely on others' ideas.
4: If anyone even says this is denying feedback I will be so confused because it isn't even feedback.
Your comment seems like it was based off of Ryte's comment alone or possibly someone else's opinion. It looks like you didn't even read my application before writing that -1. Hm.

Edit replying to Scentefy: Comparing the event to other applications that were accepted, it is quality. (Seeing as some people only need one sentence to describe an event).

Hmmmm. The way question 14 is worded is weird I will give you that and should be changed for the future so there is no chance of confusion or different expectations. I just now have read over the app and comments thoroughly but it seems people edited or deleted previous things so I wish I knew what the initial posts were to see for myself and judge various things. I will asses this app further with private conversations.

-1 from what I've seen so far Santos seems to be a slight bit mingey. All I can say is when it's time to be serious do it. Heart Heart Heart

Edit: This helps explain the antsyness