Gina Governatore - GM App VII

Music 
[Image: latest?cb=20140922024429][Image: U8U5xog.jpg][Image: latest?cb=20140922024429]
(1.) What is your SteamID? - 
STEAM_0:1:48075668

(1a) What is your most recent ingame name? - 
Gina Governatore (though often: 'Cornelius O Fudge')

(1b) What is your current year level in-game?  - 
Master Prestige - 7th year

(2.) What Timezone do you live in? 

Australian Eastern Daylight Time 

(2a) Please put what times you are most active in CST (Chicago US).

Chicago US / 11:00pm-4:00am. I'm usually around in the afternoons AEDT

DECLARATORY NOTICE
In response to criticism that I am inactive, I will respond by saying that I am online
almost daily.

(3.) How old are you? - 

(4.) When did you first join our server and how did you discover it? - 
Late 2016 : Discovered via YT video

(4a) How can we be sure you will stay active and loyal (with your time) to SBS?

I am always around.

(4b) Do you understand you can be let go at ANY time for inactivity? - 
  I do

(5.) Do you understand and agree to not only comply with, but also enforce the rules of the Server when necessary? - 
  I do

[Image: PFbUrUc.gif]✺ R U L E S ✺[Image: tBiNuIX.gif]
 (5a) When listing the rules please explain what they mean to show that you understand them.
 List Rules below:

1. No Fail RP.
 FailRP is defined as 'an event surrounding an action that your character commits that is not probable.', i.e. stick to your character, it's completely unacceptable to be a teacher and hit on students, or be an Auror and stand idly as a student gets abducted in front of you. Stick. To. Your. Character.

2. Disrespectful, hateful, and offensive behavior/speech toward others is not allowed. *can be instabanned*
If you're disrespectful or hateful towards others you will be punished. Antisemitism, homophobia, and racism would be punishable under this rule. Most bans issued concerning rule 2 are permanent, but minor 'rude' comments might only warrant a kick and warning.

3. No RDMing. (Random Deathmatch)
Don't randomly kill people, especially when it is unwarranted in RP (don't kill rpleaders, fellow students/aurors etc.) There are very strict conditions surrounding when damaging spells should be used. When a snatcher is revealed, for example, you may attack them. During LockDowns too, you may use damaging spells. 

4. Obey Staff and RP leaders
Staff directions must be obeyed, especially in sits where, for example, staff may order you to change your name, stay off a certain RPjob, or otherwise give you a fair instruction.
Orders from your RP leader's must also be obeyed, for example, Aurors must obey the OOTP and certain custom jobs that outrank them. Death Eaters must obey Voldemort, Bellatrix, and others. Refusal to do so usually results in staff telling you to get off the job, further refusal results in a kick/ban.

5. No free-spelling. (Casting without RP reason).
Don't use spells without an RP reason, that is to say, you should only ever use spells if it makes logical sense for your character to do so, when they are in combat, or in an academic setting where a teacher directs a student to use a spell.

6. No Meta-Gaming.
Nobody can possess knowledge their character wouldn't know, for example, the identities of snatchers are not known to anyone unless they are revealed.

7. Do not mic/chat spam. 
Don't flood the chat with repeated messages or phrases (especially binds), do not use your microphone to spam (blast music, sound, screaming). Probably wise to keep at least 15cm away from your mic too.

8. Advert is for RP purposes/leaders only. 
Do not use /advert unless you are leading rp, or responding to rp. 

9. No ERP.
No Erotic Role Play; players cannot role play in a manner relating to or tending to arouse sexual desire or excitement. For example, performing fellatio through /me would violate rule 9.

10. Do not avoid the AFK system/Map Exploit.
Players are kicked from the server by the 'AFK' (away from keyboard) system (if absent for 20mins), it is against the rules to try and undermine this system in any way. Map exploiting is entering any part of the map purposefully blocked off. Both AFK/Map exploiting are against the rules and punishment can be issued for people that break this rule.

(5b) Expain what the term "minge" means, when referring to a player on the server 
Someone who joins the server with no intent to RP / to break rules or fool around.

(6.) Tell us about yourself and why you want to be staff on SBS? (100 words or less) -

Many opinions have been drawn of me throughout the application process, most positive but I do hear the negative and try my best to accept criticism. However, I'd like to think my desire to better the server doesn't go unnoticed and a strong, willful push to respect the community's wishes (exp. throughout the application process) does exist.

This question is best answered with another question:
Why would I seek to deliver so many people, filled with such ardent support and hope for me:
failure?

I don't think anyone can honestly believe that I would waste the opportunity.
~ Gina Governatore

(7.) What do you feel you need to improve on the most? - 
I say what I mean, but I've had the habit of saying it mean.
However I've taken steps to improve this. Or at least, I've tried. 
I'm a very openly opinionated person. I'm also overly critical and extremely judgmental.

At any rate, there is nothing left for me to do with respect to community approval.
See response to Q8.

(8.) How would having you on staff benefit our server and what sets you apart from the rest of the applicants? - 

I've basically obtained deific status in Staff Applications at this point.

-Unprecedented reception in staff applications
Over the course of my applications I have received 107 unique responses.
Out of those, 9 remain neutral, 8 remain negative, and 90 remain positive. <- at time of submitting this application.
-Praised even by strongest critics
Critics on record conceding I am an incredibly creative applicant.
-Not a rule breaker/good track record
Rarely get pulled into sits, have not been banned for at least a year and a half, never been community or forum banned.
-Can bring more to this position than anyone
I've always been praised for creative, original, authentic events.
And since I've been absent for quite a while now... I have quite a lot of stuff I'd like to share!

(9.) Have you been staff/are currently on any other servers? If so, which ones? (List them if possible) - 
Only this one.

(10.) Have you ever been banned on any Garrys Mod/SBS servers? If yes, then please list when, how long, and the reason. - 
My past bans are 1-2 years old, and as stated in previous applications I do not recall all of the circumstances because of how old they are. The previous co-owner did ban me before he had his, well, episode. I was banned for criticizing his genocidal crossbow tendencies. 

(11.) Are the Server staff or the players more important? Why? - 
They are interdependent

(12.) How would you rate your skills overall out of 10 (EX: Patience, Communication, etc) - 
Patience - 9
Panache - 10 
Communication - 10
Honesty - 9
Adaptability - 10
Manners - 9

(13.) How familiar on a scale of 1 to 10 are you with Garrys Mod Sandbox tools? 8/10. I am unfamiliar with technical tools like pulleys/wheels as I rarely used them. I'm happy to learn though if necessary.

(14.) Give us a couple of detailed examples of an event you would use and how you would proceed with them

[Image: M0Ux8d6.gif][Image: MTgjevY.png][Image: f1UFCLj.gif]
Click the above image to be given event examples

(15.) Do you have any experience using ULX or building on Garry's Mod? - 
I do, to an extensive degree.

(16.) You understand and realize, that by applying for staff on the server also means, that you are sacrificing the complete freedom of being able to RP freely all the time without any interruptions, and are obligated to handle all server issues at hand no matter the situation? - 
I do

(17.) Please list all previous staff applications, a link to each, and the reason they were locked. 

GM App VI - Locked for hitting 30 day mark 
GM App IV - Requested thread lock. 
GM App III - Locked due to my creation of disparaging memes. 
GM App II - Locked as requested, it was approaching the 30 day mark. 
GM App I - Locked for hitting 30 day mark ↑
[Image: owgMH4Q.jpg]
Expand Signature

+1
reason stated in previous application:
https://starbystargaming.com/showthread....466&page=2

I do wanna add something that Ryte said during one of Ginas previous applications since I also belive that either there should be a defenitive decision saying that the Staff Team currently won't accapte any applications from Gina or atleast a reasoning on why his applicatons are not getting accapted since on paper he fits the bill so letting him try to apply for more then eight months now (I dont rember how many Apps he did on the old Forums) without any feedback just seems a bit unfair. When somebody puts that much effort on a consistent base then i belive they atleast deserve some kind of Feedback.

All in all I know nothing of Gina being in any recent trouble, nice clean application with well thought out event ideas, +1 from me bud
[Image: tenor.gif?itemid=3495399]

Expand Signature

Honestly at this point I don't know why you keep trying. They obviously don't want you to be a GM. They were willing to take back a Staff Manager {-section removed for potential insuination-} into a GM position that was community banned vs. you... it really makes me wonder what the deal is when it comes to you. But I guess we will never know since for 8 months they have shown that they aren't going to give any feedback regarding your applications, which is just wrong, tbh.

(They want your ideas, though.)

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

-1 they don't deserve you. I agree with Triss.

Also I don't know how 'potential insinuation' is against forum rules but k. Also pretty sure that's a fact I stated before but this isn't the place to be discussing that.
| Leader of the Delaires |  Leo's Aries | Dark Chancellor | Shadowed Acolyte | The Heir of Slytherin |
[Image: miraleo.gif]
[Image: coollogo_com-7423641.png]

[Image: 30mlfs7.png]
Expand Signature

I feel like the fact that staff keep allowing you to open a GM app then sitting back and ignoring yet "allowing" you to apply is wasting everyone's time. You've put app after app in and people have put pages worth of comments into it and it's wasting everyone's time every time staff pass on your application yet allow it to keep being opened. 

The same thing happened to me at one point they said "you can apply for GM" I put my app in, put tons of effort into quality event ideas, got lots of support and realized that GM after GM were chosen ahead of me that "you're allowed to apply" is just a joke and way to tell you you have potential yet laughing in your face. If I were you I wouldn't let them waste your time anymore. You're a wonder event maker and your time should be spent in more positive experiences. 

Not throwing your refreshing event ideas into the stale faces of the same staff members who deny you.

My vote is -1 because they don't deserve you
CGSS 0813 Violet ♦ Proud Coruscant Guard
[Image: JPGmRrC.png]

Triss Lockhart ♥ Proud Ravenclaw
[Image: jJdBLeB.png]

[Image: eaUZlUx.png]
Expand Signature

Honey chicken really wasn't enough to convince y'all? 

Look at how much support Gina has, the experience, the sheer amount of incredibly creative events, the clear desire to be a gamemaker, and the absolutely amazing Hagrid event

C'mon give him a shot

Please

Pretty please <333

+1
"What the fuck do we have in this world except for moments with each other?"
[Image: molly.gif]
Expand Signature

+1
If 2 ex c-banned, 2 week forum banned prior to being accepted member can be staff,  Gina definetely deserves to when he has not been involved in anything remotely controversial in 7-8 months
[Image: ctH0NN2.jpg]
Expand Signature

Voting -1. Gina is too good for this Staff Team and the amount of efforts she's gone through to keep applying as to reach a seventh application is insane. Any other Staff Team would have accomodated them by now.
[Image: 00mz7E0.png]
Joined the Community in September of 2017
Clan Blackmoore Patriarch
Stolen Fullheartedly by Faeledra
Halo Trial Moderator 3/13/19 - 3/23/19 | Full Moderator 3/23/19 - 3/28/19
Is THE Master Chief. Maybe?
[Image: 00mz7E0.png]
Expand Signature

I made a vow to myself not to vote on staff apps, but from what I see here, an exception is to be made.

Gina, I've known you to be absolutely committed to RP, and the events you made even. Factoring that and including some past demotions I've seen regarding [personal snip], I see no reason why you should even continue to make these and not be accepted, as everyone has stated.

BUT, something that worries me sometimes, only going to lightly touch on this, is I've known you also to abuse your powers a bit, and I also fear that may end up happening again. As the old saying goes, "Those who do not learn from their history are doomed to repeat it." Honestly Gina, I do highly recommend doing a self-reflection and also know self control.

Because of this, and me not coming on the server for personal reasons, my vote here will be and remain...

NEUTRAL

Good luck though.
Spoiler: Welcome, to The Library
Expand Signature

+1 The dedication to put as many GM apps that Gina has without a reason why not at this point is honestly ridiculous. His events are well thought out and deserve to happen on the server. If anything at this point at least give him some sort of feedback or let him know what he needs to do. Just give him some sort of feedback. He's always doing some sort of RP that is honestly enjoyable. I feel even if Gina was GM and not doing an event the possibilities for passive RP are great.