Jack R Inkarna's Staff Application #5 (Updated)

Star 
 Jack Inkarna-Ragnulf's Moderator Application

I would like to thank you for:

• Reading my application.
  • For your support on my application.
  • Responding to my application.
  • For your honesty on my application.
  • For your respectful comments on my application.

(1.) What is your Steam ID? - STEAM_0:1:153611348

(1a) What is your most recent ingame name? - Jack R Inkarna

(1b) What is your current year level in-game? (MUST be 7th to apply.) - I am Sixth Year, Prestige 2, nearly Seventh Year.

(2.) What Timezone do you live in? - GMT.

(2a) Please put what times you are most active in CST (Chicago US), so the managers know when they can expect to see you. - I will be most active in the GMT Times. UK Times, I will be on around CST times but it really does depends what I'm doing. So in UK Times, I will be active at 3pm until 10 until 10:30pm. On week ends, it will probably be about 9-10am until 10pm, but I do go out with mates as well and I do football as well on Wednesday, Saturday and Sunday but my activity will still be excellent, I will make sure of it. In this time zone, there aren't really many staff online or they are not staff online so that's another reason why I'm applying for Moderator.

(3.) How old are you? - I am 15, 16 on October 6th 2019.

(4.) When did you first join our server and how did you discover it? - I joined around early November, 2018, and when I first joined the server, I thought it was a good server and I thought I would play it, this is also partly the reason why I am applying for Staff to make the place a better place.

(4a) How can we be sure you will stay active and loyal (with your time) to Star by Star? - You can be sure. I will be very active and I will be loyal to Star by Star Gaming, you won't see nothing but activity from me. I'll make sure of it. If I get given a chance I'll prove it to you.

(4b) Do you understand you can be let go at ANY time for inactivity? - Yes I understand, it is my responsibility to be active, not the managers or any other Staff Members. If I'm inactive, it's my fault, unless there's a reason for my inactivity but I must tell the Staff Manager or Server Manager before going inactive for that reason.

(5.) Do you understand and agree to not only comply with, but also enforce the rules of the Server when necessary? - Yes I understand to comply and also enforce the rules of the server when necessary, I will be ready for anything if I do become a Moderator.

(5a) When listing the rules please explain what they mean to show that you understand them.

List Rules below:

Rule 1: No FailRP.

Follow the rules of the server. FailRP is not allowed, this is when you don't roleplay as your job properly. Example: Lord Voldemort can not go in the school and students can not go in the GY. Prefects can not act immaturely or interrupt whilst there in a class, they need to show a good impression to the students.

Note: If a player wants to take there class on a field trip, they must get permission from a Staff Member and must ask in @ chat.

Rule 2: Be Respectful.

Being respectful to everyone on the server, if someone is being disrespectful to you tell a staff member or an RP Leader. Example of being respectful: Hello there, how has your day been? Example of being disrespectful: You're not wanted by anyone on the server, no Staff like you and no players like you either, just do one.
  • Users cannot use slang, derogatory language, epithets, phrases or words that are considered attacks on classes.
  • Users cannot participate in groups or make families/guilds/gangs with the sole purpose of attacking other users.
  • Users cannot make repeated sexual comments which are known to be unwelcome or inappropriate to other users.
  • Users cannot use other methods of communication outside the server to continually harass users.
  • Users cannot specifically target/harass another player with malicious intentions.
  • Users cannot be racist on the server and say comments such as "Nigg*r", "N*g N*g" or other comments/words that is classed as racist or offensive.
Rule 3: No RDM.

Random death match means killing another player without any kind of RP reason. Example: Killing them because there was in your "way". That isn't allowed and is RDM. Also, RDM is when you kill someone out of the blue because you was "bored", that isn't allowed because it is RDM.

However, if a member of the Dark Force doesn't follow Voldemort's orders/disobeys him, he may kill that Dark Force Member, as long as the RP Reason is good enough.

Rule 4: Follow instructions of staff and RP Leaders at all times!

Follow the instructions of Staff and your RP Leaders. For example: Professors must follow the orders of Dumbledore as he is their RP Leader and is the Headmaster. Also, the dark forces must follow the orders from Lord Voldemort etc.

Always obey Staff Members, as they do have last say on everything when it comes to a sit.

Rule 5: Do not Free-spell.

Do not use spells without an RP reason, fun spells such as avis can be classed as not free-spelling. For example: A student using verdimillious on another student to kill them, that is free-spelling and on some occasions attempted RDM.

Casting non-damaging spells towards someone isn't considered free spelling immediately. But if the repeated actions occur while being asked to cease or stop, then a staff member might get involed.

Rule 6: No metagaming.

Metagaming is when one transfers RP Data to non RP Data. For example calling out a snatcher even though they have not been revealed.

Examples of Metagaming:
  • Telling your friends in Discord to save you from being kidnapped. (This count in any voice related app/or texting app)
  • Using the job title floating above a player's head to call them out, such as Snatchers.
  • Using the tab player listing to track a player's movements.
  • Switching jobs to get out of an RP situation.
  • Purposely revealing yourself to players or revealing other players.
  • Using knowledge of job boundaries to help you in fights or RP situations.
Rule 7: Do not mic spam/chat spam/any other kind of spam.

Mic spamming is yelling a single word over and over or playing music on your mic non stop. Chat spam is the repetition of a word or line typed out by a player constantly to annoy players/or to fill up the chat with the same comment/word over and over again. Mic Spam and Chat Spam can result in a warning, kick or even a ban.

Rule 8: Advert is for RP reasons only, nothing else, if you advert something that isn't RP, it must be said in ooc or /pm.

Advert is there to show RP and nothing else: Example: Selling Jack Whiteland for 10k. Slytherin Prefect. This is okay but you can't do: "/advert Help". (Regarding the "help" comment in advert, ask in @ chat for help or  a player/prefect.

Rule 9: No ERP.

Erotic roleplay in any form is forbidden on the server. For example doing sexual activity in the dorms. Sexual roleplay is roleplay that has a strong erotic element. It may involve two or more people who act out roles in a sexual fantasy.

Rule 10: Never EVER avoid the AFK System, this can result in your kick.

Staying AFK to get XP, this is exploiting and isn't allowed. For example: Staying still in the Slytherin Dorm and not moving and constantly pressing: W, A, S, D so you won't be kicked for being afk or just having a command that makes you never go AFK so you won't get kicked.

Spoiler: Past Experience

(5b) Expain what the term "minge" means, when referring to a player on the server - Minge: Is when a new player or a regular player is on the server to just break the rules. It means when someone has no intention to roleplay and just wants to FailRP, RDM etc etc. Of course, minges will be told to stop but there won't stop as they want to "minge".

(6.) Tell us about yourself and why you want to be staff on SBS? (100 words or less) - I am a very sport kind of person and my favourite sport is Football, I play for a team and I do training on Wednesdays and Saturdays and do football games on Sundays. I do like to go to the Gym and go swimming to keep fit and healthy. I want to become Staff to help players and take their reports and to cover Staff when they need to go off because when I'm on sometimes, there are only one or two Staff Member's online and I'm sure they will want to be covered when they go off.

(7.) What do you feel you need to improve on the most? - I need to improve on teaching more Great Halls and I need to teach a bit more, but I do teach sometimes and do Great Hall's sometimes.

(8.) How would having you on staff benefit our server and what sets you apart from the rest of the applicants? - Me being Moderator would benefit the server because I would be very active doing sits and allowing players reports to be taken. Also I am a exprienced staff member and I know what I'm doing, I know to use the ULX Commands and I know how to handle sits well and I've been Staff at many servers, I've mainly been Staff on DarkRP Servers. I am also a very honest, calm and patience person.

(9.) Have you been staff/are currently on any other servers? If so, which ones? (List them if possible) - I am not staff on any other servers, when I apply for Staff, I make sure I am not staff on any other servers.

(10.) Have you ever been banned on any Garrys Mod/SBS servers? If yes, then please list when, how long, and the reason. - I have been banned once from a SBS Server for 2 days for making a mistake but the Mod had to do their job and ban me but mistakes happen. I went into the Graveyard by mistake, I crossed the line but I got banned for it but I did understand but that is over and done with now. She was fair banning me for only that amount of time but I will make sure to not get banned ever again, that was one mistake. Other than that, I've had no other bans.

(11.) Are the Server staff or the players more important? Why? - There both are important as each other because they both play the server, players are the ones who makes a community and staff are the people who keep an eye on the players within the community. If there was no players they wouldn't be a community and player base, if they wasn't any Staff, the server would go to chaos because they would be no Staff to keep an eye on the rule breaking players.

(12) How would you rate your skills overall out of 10 (EX: Patience, response time, etc) -

Patience 9/10 - I am very patient, If a troll came to me and kept disrespecting me, breaking the rules in front of me, I'd call a prefect/or admin and wait for them, if he/she kept disrespecting me and breaking the rules in front of me, I wouldn't mind, I wouldn't respond, I'd just call a prefect or admin on them. If I was a prefect whilst there was disrespecting me/breaking the rules, I'd of course arrest that troll. If I was a Moderator at the time I would solve it myself.

Communication 9/10 - On the server most players speak English with an American Accent, near-enough anyways and I speak English so I'll be fine with communication on the server, I can understand everyone on the server. (most times)

Honesty 8/10 - I like to be very honest to everyone, I don't lie, if I make mistakes, I tell them. If I wasn't honest, I'd get no-where and I'm not that kind of person, I like to tell the truth and be honest even if I am in the wrong because mistakes do happen.

Response Time: 7/10 - When it comes to players reporting someone/something, I take it straight away and it happens fast. I don't like to keep it waiting, on other servers I was Staff on I was one of the fastest report takers believe it or not.

Understanding: 6/10 - I can understand other accents quite well if I am very honest. I am British and do have a proper British accent but I can also understand American's Accents etc.

(13.) If you do not know how to handle a situation in a mod-sit, what do you do? - If I don't know what to do in a Mod Sit, I would ask an Admin or another Moderator to help me, I would ask them in either Staff Chat or the "@" chat.

(14.) You understand and realize, that by applying for staff on the server also means, that you are sacrificing the complete freedom of being able to RP freely all the time without any interruptions, and are obligated to handle all server issues at hand no matter the situation? - Yes I understand, I got told this on the DarkRP Servers I was staff on and doing this is my decision and I'm doing this because I want to be a a Moderator and make the experience good for the players and I want to make sure the players reports are being took.

(15.) Please make a list of all previous staff applications, a link to them, and the reason they were locked. If they were accepted, please give a short explanation of why you are no longer staff. (Disregard if this is your first application) -

https://starbystargaming.com/showthread.php?tid=2900 - I got denied because I didn't meet the required year/prestige. (This was one was when I was new to the server).

https://starbystargaming.com/showthread.php?tid=3150 - I requested the thread to be locked as I took some advice from a staff member.

https://starbystargaming.com/showthread.php?tid=4940 - This application got locked for being 30+ days old. This was the Gamemaker Application.

https://starbystargaming.com/showthread.php?tid=5731 - This application got denied and locked for advertising, but I never meant for it to be advertising and it won't happen again.

If you think I need to improve on anything or if you think the application needs improving, feel free to tell me in PM's!

Thank you for reading my application.

- Jack R Inkarna
Name: Jack R Inkarna

Brought VIP: November 23rd 2018

Whitelists:

Dark Animagus Rogue

Warlock

Improper Use Of Magic Office

Chopper the Dragon

Yogi The Metamorphmagus

Valkrath's and Allia's Son.

slytherinPride

Huge +1
Youre nice to everyone on the server
You really love to help people i saw u doing that alot
U never broke a rule and u knows all of them
I really want to see what can this guy do as a mod 
Im sure he can be a very good staff ,he should be given a chance

[Image: 25908A307761401327B7F1F12196765F967150DA][Image: giphy.gif?cid=19f5b51a5caf7fbd757067414d451e33]

Certainly seems to understand the rules well which is always promising enough.

Appreciate the fact that your a fit gamer which I'm sure isn't exactly a requirement for staff,
but still nice to know. 

I do have concerns however regarding your response to question 7. Do You really think there's Nothing for you to improve? Pushing 16 and perfection huh? lol jk.kinda.

Gonna +1 based off what I've read even though I'm not sure I've actually met you. Gl on your app sir
[Image: giphy.gif]
  • Joined Sep 2018
  • Donated Eventually
  • 1st Place Hogwarts Got Talent March 2019
  • Most Annoyingest  Peeves

• Hufflepuff House Till I Die

Neutral leaning towards +1

Hey Jack!
I think there is something you would need to improve, nobody is perfect. However, on the server you've been nice and friendly to me, you know the rules and that.

The reason i put a Neutral is because you say you Teach and Host Great Halls but i haven't seen you do either. I've seen you Prefect but thats about it.

Goodluck, i'll update my vote when i see you Teach and do Great Halls exceptionally.
   [Image: giphy.gif]

Amelia Silver-Dragonfyre
Joined February 2016
Mother of Carla Avada Tolkien
Daily Prophet Journalist

(05-06-2019, 09:26 AM)Jack R Inkarna Wrote: Rule 2: Be Respectful.
Being respectful to everyone on the server, if someone is being disrespectful to you tell a staff member or an RP Leader. Example of being respectful: Hello there, how has your day been? Example of being disrespectful: Shut up, your not wanted, go else-where.

Rule 4: Follow instructions of staff and RP Leaders at all times!
Follow the instructions of Staff and your RP Leaders. For example: Professors must follow the orders of Dumbledore as he is their RP Leader and is the Headmaster. Also, the dark forces must follow the orders from Lord Voldemort etc.

Rule 7: Do not mic spam/chat spam/any other kind of spam.
Mic spamming is yelling a single word over and over or playing music on your mic non stop. Chat spam is the repetition of a word or line typed out by a player constantly to annoy players/or to fill up the chat with the same comment/word over and over again. Mic Spam and Chat Spam can result in a warning, kick or even a ban.

Rule 8: Advert is for RP reasons only, nothing else, if you advert something that isn't RP, it must be said in ooc or /pm.
Advert is there to show RP and nothing else: Example: Selling Jack Whiteland for 10k. Slytherin Prefect. This is okay but you can't do: "/advert Help". (Regarding the "help" comment in advert, ask in @ chat for help or  a player/prefect.

Rule 10: Never EVER avoid the AFK System, this can result in your kick.
Staying AFK to get XP, this is exploiting and isn't allowed. For example: Staying still in the Slytherin Dorm and not moving and constantly pressing: W, A, S, D so you won't be kicked for being afk or just having a command that makes you never go AFK so you won't get kicked.

(6.) Tell us about yourself and why you want to be staff on SBS? (100 words or less) - I am a very sport kind of person and my favourite sport is Football, I play for a team and I do training on Wednesdays and Saturdays and do football games on Sundays. I do like to go to the Gym and go swimming to keep fit and healthy.

(7.) What do you feel you need to improve on the most? - Nothing really, I don't really cause problems for players/staff on the server. I teach, I go Great Halls and I prefect. I should maybe teach a litte bit more but other than that, nothing really.

(9.) Have you been staff/are currently on any other servers? If so, which ones? (List them if possible) - I am not staff on any other servers, when I apply for Staff, I make sure I am not staff on any other servers.

(10.) Have you ever been banned on any Garrys Mod/SBS servers? If yes, then please list when, how long, and the reason. - I have not been banned on any servers on Garry's Mod and I dont intend to get banned from any servers on Garry's Mod. I have been banned once from a SBS Server for 2 days for making a mistake but the Mod had to do their job and ban me but mistakes happen. I went into the Graveyard by mistake, I crossed the line but I got banned for it but I did understand but that is over and done with now. She was fair banning me for only that amount of time but I will make sure to not get banned ever again, that was one mistake.

(12) How would you rate your skills overall out of 10 (EX: Patience, response time, etc) -
Patience 9/10 | Communication 9/10 | Honesty 8/10 | Response Time: 9/10 | Understanding: 7/10 

For the rules(2, 4, 7, 8, 10), there is more then what you have posted. Please go into them with more detail and add more to them. 

You answered question 6 and only talked about yourself, not why you wanted to be apart of the team. {Has been corrected to a point}

Question 7 is contradicted by Question 12, if you feel like you have nothing to improve on, the rate your skills should be all perfect. I indeed feel like you have stuff to work on, but I've already spoken to you in chats about that. {Has been corrected to a point}

Question 9 asks if you HAVE IN THE PAST OR CURRENTLY staff on any servers, you stated you have been staff on other server in other questions, then on this question neglected to say so. 

Question 10, you said you have been banned, but also that you've never been banned. {Has been corrected to a point}

For now, Neutral
~ Kyrie Animus-Knight ~
{Axel Dragon}

[Image: giphy.gif][Image: giphy.gif]
Infinite in Mystery is the Gift of the Goddess.
-
Loving Wife to Enzoe Animus-Knight - May 18th 2018

Slytherin Horcrux    |    Salem Witch    |    Nagini
SBS Hogwarts Mod: February 17, 2019

Hi Kyrie, I have done all the things you have mentioned out in your comment.

Thanks for allowing me to improve my application.

Whitelists:

Dark Animagus Rogue

Warlock

Chopper the Dragon

Yogi The Metamorphmagus

slytherinPride

(3.) How old are you? - I am 15, 16 on October 6th, 2003.
I wonder what age you'll be in 2019?

Neutral, rarely see you on or prefecting and such.
[Image: tenor.gif?itemid=3495399]

Sorry about that lmao I’ve fixed it lol and I’ll try improve on the things you said!

Whitelists:

Dark Animagus Rogue

Warlock

Chopper the Dragon

Yogi The Metamorphmagus

slytherinPride

Gonna be honest even tho you can be a bit of a toolbox sometimes I do have to actknowledge your ambition.

I like the way you can self reflect and care. This may not seem like a big trait a staff member can have but I think it surely matters when you can see situations from different perspective you seem to have a fairly neutral reply to question 11 which is a question that is often overlooked but very important in my opinion.

Staff members and prefects are very similar. If a prefect is not a good example to the students then he's not doing his job correctly. Staff members should help the Community and try to keep Hogwarts a magical place for everybody.

If you remenber that and not get lost in your head I'm gonna give you a big +1

Good luck on your application Jack

+1 you know the rules well as much as most players you just get a few gray area's mixed up here and there which is normal.
[Image: 6b3412b5d6175be43fc225016937badf.png]
[Image: HailZarosBro.png]