Sibyl's Gamemaker Application (New Events Added!)

Hi!

(1) What is your Steam ID and your Steam URL?
STEAM_0:0:26709567 https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198013684862/

(1a) What is your most recent in-game name?

Sibyl Meadows

(2) What Timezone do you live in?

Pacific Standard Time

(2a) Please put what times you are most active in CST, so the managers know when they can expect to see you.

I'm usually on during evening and night, but I'll sometimes be on at random times throughout the day.

(3) How old are you?

I'm 20.

(4) When did you first join our server and how did you discover it?

I first started playing on the server in September 2016 and I found out about it from watching some videos.

(4a) How can we be sure you will stay active and loyal to Star By Star?

I've been playing on the server pretty regularly for the past two and a half years with just a couple of breaks.

(4b) Do you understand you can be let go at any time for inactivity?

Yes.

(5) Do you understand and agree to not only comply with, but also enforce the rules of the server when necessary?

Of course!

(5a) When listing the rules please explain what they mean to show that you understand them.

1) No Fail Roleplay - You should always have a roleplay reason to do something. Don't do anything that doesn't make sense to do with your roleplay job.
2) Disrespectful, Hateful, And Offensive Behavior/Speech Toward Others Is Not Allowed It mostly explains itself. Any language or behavior that demeans or belittles someone isn't tolerated.
3) No Random Deathmatch (RDM) - You need to have a roleplay reason to kill someone. Killing someone without a proper reason is considered RDM.
4) Obey Staff And Roleplay Leaders - When a roleplay leader is asking you to do something, it is most likely for a proper roleplay reason. If not, then staff is always there to enforce the rules and make sure the roleplay happens, so you should always listen to them.
5) No Massive Freespelling - Do not cast spells at people without a roleplay reason. Casting damage spells at a student while playing as a student would be an example of freespelling. Also, casting non-damage spells at someone repeatedly can be considered freespelling. Make sure you cast spells at the right job in the right situation.
6) No Metagaming - Metagaming would be using some other way, not through roleplay on the server, of getting knowledge of a roleplay scenario. It can give people an unfair advantage in a roleplay situation.
7) Do Not Mic/Chat Spam - Making loud or constant noise through your microphone, such as playing music, is mic spamming and disrupts when people are trying to roleplay. Also typing in chat repeated or pointless messages is considered chat spam.
8) Advert Is For Significant Roleplay Purposes Only - The advert chat is used only for specific roleplay reasons such as dismissing classes as a teacher, putting an RFD as a prefect, and selling captives as a snatcher.
9) No Erotic Roleplay (ERP) - Erotic roleplay is saying or doing anything lewd or overly sexual, and is not allowed on the server.
10) Do Not Avoid The AFK System There is an AFK system to prevent people from gaining year experience by just leaving their character in the server while being AFK. Do not try avoiding it by doing things such as using console commands to keep yourself moving, or by coming back to move yourself a little bit and leave again.

(5b) Expain what the term "minge" means, when referring to a player on the server.

A minge is someone who's intention isn't really to roleplay and is there mainly to just ruin the roleplay experience for everyone else.

(6) Tell us about yourself and why you want to be staff on SBS?

I really love this community and I want to do what I can to make the server a more fun and better place to play on. I feel that I could do better things for the server if I switch to being a gamemaker.

(7) What do you feel you need to improve on the most?

Sometimes when I'm too focused on one thing, I'll miss what's going on around me.

(8) How would having you on staff benefit our server and what sets you apart from the rest of the applicants?

I've been a part of SBS for a long while and I've been a moderator on Hogwarts for almost a year now and I also was a gamemaker for the Halo server for a couple months, so I think I'm pretty familiar with how things work within this community and what needs to be done as a staff member.

(9) Have you been staff/are currently on any other servers? If so, which ones?

Yes I'm a moderator on the Hogwarts server and I was a gamemaker on the Halo server.

(10) Have you ever been banned on any Garrys Mod/SBS servers? If yes, then please list when, how long, and the reason.

No I've never been banned.

(11) Are the Server staff or the players more important? Why?

I think both the staff and the players support each other. Players set a nice roleplaying atmosphere for everyone to enjoy and the staff make sure that experience continues. I think one would be meaningless without the other.

(12) How would you rate your skills overall out of 10?

Patience - 9 - I think I do well in stressful situations and take the time to work with people who are being unreasonable.
Response Time - 9 - Most of the time I'm able to do things quickly.
Explaining Things - 9 - I think I have a way of making things clear to people who have trouble understanding something.
Roleplaying Leadership - 7 - I've been alright in leadership positions, but I could use some work.
Fairness - 9 - I don't think I let myself get too worked up where I overreact and go too far.
Getting Along With Others - 9 - I don't really like to find many negatives in people and I try my best to be friendly to everyone.

(13) If you do not know how to handle a situation in a mod-sit, what do you do?
If I wasn't sure about something, I would ask another staff member who's online at the time, or who I can message quickly. And if I can't do that, then I'll try to solve the situation as best as I can myself.

(14) Give us a couple of detailed examples of an event you would use and how you would proceed with them.

The White Socks

A dangerous group of rogue house elves known as The White Socks have started appearing in the area around Hogwarts. Their main goal is to free all house elves until no more elves remain enslaved. They have set their sights on Hogwarts, and they demand that Hogwarts releases all house elves or they will continue to attack any Hogwarts students and staff that happen to wander outside of the castle grounds. Dumbledore and the school must make the decision to either release their elves and stop the attacks, or refuse the demands and fight back and get rid of the vigilante elves.

Children Of The Castle

This is more of a funny event and not really lore-correct.

One day some magic of unknown origin has caused all of the Hogwarts and Ministry staff to suddenly disappear, leaving only the students to occupy the school. Without adults to keep order at Hogwarts, the school soon plunges into disarray and anarchy as the students argue and fight amongst themselves. Tribes of students are eventually formed and battle each other for control of the school. But there are still some who are dedicated to figuring out the magic that took away their teachers and possibly bring them back. Can they bring back the adults to restore Hogwarts to a place of learning, or will the castle remain a vicious battleground?

The Wild Werewolf

There have been several reports of werewolf sightings in the Forbidden Forest. The reports talk about a different kind of werewolf, one that is larger and more savage than normal one, and transforms outside of a full moon. People refer to it as a Wild Werewolf. So a group of teachers and students are sent into the forest to confirm whether or not this new kind of werewolf really exists. During their expedition, they are suddenly attacked by large and ferocious werewolf, but before they could really get a good look at it, it runs off deep into the forest. A few students are hurt in the attack, so they head back to the school to the Hospital Wing for healing, but unknown to them, the wounded students have been infected by the Wild Werewolf. When they return, the injured students start complaining about not feeling well, and nothing they do seems to make them better. Soon the infected students transform into Wild Werewolves and uncontrollably start attacking everyone they see, spreading the infection to even more people. Soon Hogwarts becomes infested with Wild Werewolves. The students, teachers, and aurors will have to act quickly to stop the spread of the infection and contain those who have already turned.

Edit: I've added two new event ideas!

Wicked Witches

There have been rumors lately of an old coven of witches that have been living inside the Forbidden Forest. Witches like these are known to live a much more wild and primitive life, practicing dark and ancient magic that has long been abandoned by the modern wizarding world. It is thought that covens like these died out hundreds of years ago, but recent mysterious occurrences along with the rumors have brought the idea that these witches may still be around. Pets have been going missing, sinister omens have been showing up, and people at Hogwarts have been falling under trances, making them do strange things. The Ministry has decided to send aurors and others into the forest to investigate and search for any signs of the coven. Hopefully they will be prepared for what they find.

The Hogwarts Mandrake Massacre

This is more of a funny one too!

A strange kind of mandrake has been appearing around Hogwarts, aggressive ones that can uproot themselves and walk around like a human. Some say that someone is growing them to be this way, or that they've grown smarter and developed these abilities on their own. There are even some who say these mandrakes are really people who have been cursed by some old and dark magic. But whatever it is, they are dangerous. Some students who have been unfortunate enough to be wandering too far from the school grounds have encountered these mandrakes. Luckily none of the attacks have been fatal so far, but they have been happening more frequently and closer to the castle. School officials fear that with so many mandrakes being seen, that they will soon start swarming Hogwarts itself. And then it happens. One day hundreds of mandrakes ascend on Hogwarts with seemingly no other goal than to screech everyone to death. It is up to everyone in Hogwarts to prepare themselves and overcome the plant invasion.

(15) Do you have any experience using ULX or building on Garry's Mod?
I have some experience from playing in single player and from when I was a gamemaker on the Halo server. I know I don't have as much experience as many other gamemakers, but I have learned a lot from Halo and I think I can use what I learned to be a good Hogwarts gamemaker.

(16) You understand and realize, that by applying for staff on the server also means, that you are sacrificing the complete freedom of being able to RP freely all the time without any interruptions, and are obligated to handle all server issues at hand no matter the situation?
Yes I do.

(17) Please make a list of all previous staff applications, a link to them, and the reason they were locked. If they were accepted, please give a short explanation of why you are no longer staff.

- My first application, which was for my current moderator position is on the old forums, so I can't post that. I'm sorry :(
- I first applied to also be a moderator on the Halo server, but I later decided to apply to be a gamemaker for it. https://starbystargaming.com/showthread.php?tid=4944
- This is my application for when I was accepted as a gamemaker for Halo, and I later on resigned. https://starbystargaming.com/showthread.php?tid=4985

Thank you so much for reading my application! :)
[Image: giphy.gif]
Joined Hogwarts September 2016
Married to Evan Aeternalis  Heart
Expand Signature

+1

I had the pleasure to see Sibyl go from never before gamemaker to a pretty fun and productive gamemaker during our time on Halo. She learnt quite fast and efficiently while teaching me things I never knew with tools used outside of hogwarts.

I have no negative side effects that I can think of doing this transition, my only concern is I would like to see her on a bit more, but this could be due to time zones.
[Image: RyteLionheart.png]
[Image: rytesig.png]
Expand Signature

I’m actually really excited to see this. I heard nothing but wonderful things about you during your time as a GM on halo. I have no doubt you won’t do just as amazing on Hogwarts. I’m excited to see you do these events. +1!
[Image: test.gif]
Expand Signature

Big +1~
Sibyl is so creative and just overall amazing.
I'd love to see her as a gamemaker,
her event ideas are original and I'd love to see them in action :)
Love u Sibyl <33
Expand Signature

+1 you're really good as staff and you have good idea's for events as well as you listen well to people that play so you might get other idea's from them.
[Image: 6b3412b5d6175be43fc225016937badf.png]
[Image: HailZarosBro.png]
Expand Signature

+1
You've been hiding this shit from me for how long now?
[Image: UWY7MaL.png]

I am proper impressed with these ideas ngl.
They sound enjoyable AND feasible!

I do wish there was 2 or 3 more ; ;
[Image: W9TG97c.jpg]
Expand Signature

Knows how to GM and is one of the good cookies! 
We also need more GMS, easy +1 I know you would do great things.
#GMlivesmatter
Gl with ur app
[Image: cJLSho7.png]
Moderator June 3d 18
Admin August 19th 18 - January 2nd 19
Gamemaker: February 25th 
Amanda Curzes husband Heart
Expand Signature

You have a veeeerrrryyy good ideas,i cant wait to see one of your events,Huge +1
[Image: giphy.gif?cid=19f5b51a5caf7fbd757067414d451e33]

ʷʰᵃᵗ ᶤˢ ᵈᵉᵃᵈ ᵐᵃʸ ᶰᵉᵛᵉʳ ᵈᶤᵉ
Expand Signature

Definitely a +1 from me.

You're a good Moderator so there's nothing stopping you from being a good Gamemaker. Your app is good as well and your event ideas are good as well.

Good Luck with your application!

- Jack R Inkarna
[Image: tumblr_pwcfr4mP7u1yu7o3lo1_1280.png]

Hogwarts Moderator
Expand Signature

I'm actually hyped you have applied for Hogwarts GM.
You are an awesome person and have never seen nor heard a bad side from you.
Wonderful to talk to and easily approachable.
Your events sound great and i am excited to see them on Hogwarts.
From what other people have said about you being a GM on Halo i'm gonna give you a 

+1
[Image: sketch_San_micha1.png]
Hogwarts - San Mercy-Heart

Expand Signature