Lydia's Gamemaker Application

Lightbulb 
[Image: sunflowers-png-3.png]

(1.) What is your SteamID? - 

STEAM_0:0:152067635

(1a) What is your most recent ingame name? - 

Lydia Caspian-Dragon, Though sometimes Caspian-Curze.

(1b) What is your current year level in-game? (MUST be 7th to apply.) -

I am currently Fifth Prestige, sixth year.

(2.) What Timezone do you live in? - 

Mountain daylight time, otherwise known as MDT.

(2a) Please put what times you are most active in CST (Chicago US), so the managers know when they can expect to see you. - 

I am usually staffing on the server from 10 to 5 on weekends, and 5 to 8 on weekdays.

(3.) How old are you? - 

I am 16 at the moment :)

(4.) When did you first join our server and how did you discover it? - 

I joined last summer while recovering from surgery, as I have stated in
all of my previous applications. I was suggested to play on this server
by a very close friend of mine, who noticed I was slowly going insane
being stuck in bed all day. Me and her spent hours upon hours playing,
and I eventually got hooked and she slowly lost interest.

(4a) How can we be sure you will stay active and loyal (with your time) to Star by Star? - 

As a staff member, I highly doubt my activity will ever change. I dedicate many hours a day to this
server and I do not plan to stop anytime soon. 

(4b) Do you understand you can be let go at ANY time for inactivity? - 

Completely, and it has not gotten in the way of modding thus far.

(5.) Do you understand and agree to not only comply with, but also enforce the rules of the Server when necessary? - 

Of course.

(5a) When listing the rules please explain what they mean to show that you understand them.
 List Rules below:

Server Rules

~No Fail Roleplay~

As a semi-serious roleplay server, such things as killing yourself repeatedly,
entering the graveyard as a student or teaching about generally inappropriate subjects
is strictly forbidden, as they would not happen in the Harry Potter universe.

~No Disrespectful behavior or speech towards other players.~

This rule is quite self-explanatory, as it basically states that
hatespeech, bullying, harassment etc is prohibited.
Using hatespeech on the server however can land you with a longer ban.

~No Random Deathmatch~

Though killing in roleplay situations is allowed, if you do not
have a valid reason to be killing another player than you will recieve
a warning, kick or even a ban.
Roleplay situations include,

Snatching a student/auror
Killing an auror attempting to rescue a snatch
Etc.
However, killing somebody because they insulted you is
not a valid reason, nor is doing it just for the fun of it.

~Obey Staff and RP Leaders~

This rule is very distinct; You must listen to your rp leader in situations like:
A teacher requesting a rule breaking student to be arrested
A headmaster calling a player to his office
Etc
Same goes for staff as well,
If a staff member asks you to change your name,
you must oblige and change it to something
that is not failrp.

~No Mass Freespelling~

Freespelling is the act of randomly shooting
spells at players for no valid reason, and mass freespelling can land you
in quite a bit of trouble.
However, if a student is shooting a damage spell
at players, that would fall directly under RDM (Rule 3)

~No Metagaming~

Metagaming means knowing something your character would
otherwise be unknowing of, and using it to your direct advantage.
Such as, using ooc to announce you have been snatched,
so people can come save you.

~Do Not Mic/Chat Spam~

Micspamming can include loud noises, music, whistling, singing
etc coming through your mic, 
and on the other hand, chat spam is the act of
typing the same message multiple times in the chat box.
Both can end in a punishment.

~Advert is for Roleplay purposes only~

Proper adverts include:
Selling a student
Buying a student
Claiming the pitch
and many others.

Fail adverting would include anything that
you would usually put in ooc, or binds that are being abused.

~No Erotic Roleplay~

Erp is a rule put in place to keep the server semi family-friendly.
Though there are some exceptions, player should not be 
having sexual interactions on a public server.

~Do not avoid the AFK system/map exploit~

The AFK system has been put in place to kick players
after 20 minutes of inactivity. Using bugs or console commands to
avoid said system is strictly against the rules.

Map exploiting is simply taking advantage of bugs/glitches
in the map, and entering places that are off limits.

(5b) Expain what the term "minge" means, when referring to a player on the server - 

A minge is a player who is on the server for laughs, and to disrupt
the enjoyment of other players by excessively breaking rules and annoying people.

(6.) Tell us about yourself and why you want to be staff on SBS? (100 words or less) - 

My name is Lydia, and I have been staff on SBS for about 3 months now. I have been
contemplating applying for gamemaker ever since I applied back in October with a 
very embarrassing app. I enjoy building on sandbox, and many of my close friends can confirm that,
since I am constantly asking them to join me.
I would like to be a gamemaker because I love this server and
want to help others enjoy it even more by putting on entertaining events,
and building roleplay dupes for each player to develop their own character.

(7.) What do you feel you need to improve on the most? - 

Technical tools, though I am happy to learn, I just haven't found
somebody to help me yet.

(8.) How would having you on staff benefit our server and what sets you apart from the rest of the applicants? - 

My composure and creativity is what I believe sets me apart from other applicants,
as well as my loyalty and dedication to building. Though I may not be the best
choice for gamemaker, I hope I can prove to be an adequate choice.

(9.) Have you been staff/are currently on any other servers? If so, which ones? (List them if possible) - 

I have only ever been staff on SBS Hogwarts.

(10.) Have you ever been banned on any Garrys Mod/SBS servers? If yes, then please list when, how long, and the reason. - 

Once when I first joined the server, as I stated in my previous applications, I have been banned for RDM+Ltap. I was about to leave the server and burnt my close friend, managing to kill her as she was standing still. I panicked and left the server, to come back the next day banned. Looking back, I could have handled the situation better, and fully regret doing that. I have never been a minge in my time playing though.

(11.) Are the Server staff or the players more important? Why? - 

In my personal opinion, they are both equally important.
Staff keeps the server in order, and the players
keep the server running, because if there were no players to begin with,
there would be no staff.

(12.) How would you rate your skills overall out of 10 (EX: Patience, Communication, etc) - 

Activity: 9/10. I could improve a little bit, and will try to do so to the best of my abilities.
Creativity: 9/10. In my spare time I enjoy building on sandbox and thinking of
event ideas, though they may not be completely original, I will do my best to
improve.
Loyalty: 10/10. I have never even lightly considered leaving this server.
I treat SBS as my escape, and I come here when I need cheering up, or 
whenever I am simply bored.
Kindness: 10/10. I come on this server with my best foot forward,
and I always want to meet new people and be the best possible version of myself.

(13.) How familiar on a scale of 1 to 10 are you with Garrys Mod Sandbox tools? - 

Very familiar, I'd say approximately a 7 or 8.

(14.) Give us a couple of detailed examples of an event you would use and how you would proceed with them - 

The Pixies

On a warm spring day, all is well in the school of Hogwarts. Students are freespelling
prefects, and skipping class to hide in the restricted section. Though, an odd noise has
been lurking around, driving the students and staff madly insane. Though they overlook it,
and percieve it just to be a trick of the mind, Dumbledore is convinced there is something
causing the mind-numbing noise. And, as it seems, he is correct. Pixies had been nesting in 
The darker corners of the school, reproducing eggs to infest the school. As Dumbledore announces to the faculty
and students that there is a concerning cause to the noise, the students must work together to destroy all
the eggs before the school is overrun by malicious pixies; though there is more
to them than meets the eye.

Aurelios and the House Elves

The house elves have been appearing at Hogwarts more and more frequently, which would usually
not be an issue except that the elves have chosen a more 
independent lifestyle. The goddess Aurelios has promised them hope, for they will no longer
be controlled by selfish witches and wizards using them purely to help their own
laziness. In finding their new religion, the house elves have constructed a church
outside the castle walls, for practicing gruesome acts to please their new founded goddess.
As their acts become more violent and harming to the students, Minister Fudge
puts himself in harms way to protect the school, trying to figure out what started all of this
mess. And in doing so, unleashing an entire other world of secrets.

Ghost Hunters

Ghosts have inhabited Hogwarts since the beginning. They have led new students to class and even helped
when the forgetful first years cannot remember their dormitory passwords.
But, Peeves has been very harmful to the students lately, and purposely scaring them until
they feint. This led the minister to believe that all  ghosts are dangerous to the school, and therefore
hires hunters to exterminate them immediately. The headmaster has no choice but to go along with the plans,
so the ghosts go into complete hiding to avoid being terminated. The students, eventually realize that the ghosts are not
harmful, but helpful in more ways than one. Will the students be able to convince Fudge that the
ghosts should stay? Or will they be terminated from the school completely?

The Plague Strikes Hogwarts

All seems fine at the beginning of the school year, first years are bustling to get to class, unaware where everything is; but it seems there has been an outbreak on the train, as in many students have arrived to the school looking sickly and pale. After the matron looks at each of the students, it is realized that they have caught an unknown disease; a plague as some may call it. Each student requires a different cure due to the difference in immune systems, so as the sick students lay in the infirmary, waiting for their object to be found, the students will be scouring the fields looking for the hidden ingredients. Can the students find all the cures before the time runs out? Or will the students slowly die from the epidemic, and infect the school even worse?

The Black Sacrament

It's a cold, rainy day. Thunder is booming throughout the valley and the weather has never been 
this dreary. Though, the students seem to have an odd feeling that they are not alone, and speak to
Dumbledore about it. He states he has strangely felt the same way, but has overlooked it. 
Blood begins accumulating on the walls, and students begin to worry for their own safety.
But on one occasion, Immortal wraiths begin attacking the students of Hogwarts, and are
seemingly impossible to fight off. Filch, immediately runs into hiding, knowing what is going on. 
Students must find filch and get information on how to stop the attacks using 
the Black Sacrament. Though the wraiths are only the beginning,
there is a whole other dimension beginning to fall into Hogwarts.

The Flood

The sky is dark, lightning is the only thing brightening up the fields. Dumbledore notices
the students have been looking dreary, wallowing in their classrooms. So, Professor Trelawney
and him begin an extra credit Divination class. Students can sign up in the Headmasters office,
and attend the class down by the bridge. Though the rain seems to be accumulating more and more,
it eventually pushes the classroom into the water, trapping the students. Will the remaining aurors and faculty
be able to pull out the students in time, or will they be left for the mudcrabs as a fresh meal?

Hogwarts Health Program
(More of a light hearted/fun event)

As the new year rolls around, health inspector Bryan Bernard decides to pay an unexpected visit to the school. As he reviews the cleanliness and sanitation of the school, he notices an unhealthy trend that seems to be appearing on the tables in the great hall. The school has been feeding their students unhealthy meals, and has been slowly depleting the lifestyle and health of the innocent children. As a solution, the ministry of health demands a regulatory gym class to be put into place, and the students will make their own food in the kitchens, putting them in a learning and healthier enviroment.

A Trolls Birthday

Deep in the forbidden forest nearby Hogwarts, The trolls have been celebrating their leaders 117th birthday party. Their leader Raven, happy as ever, goes to blow out his candles when their party is infiltrated by rabid hunters, thirsty for blood. The trolls, simply wanting to celebrate a party, attempt to escape but many are caught by the hunters bloodhounds. Raven however, being the strongest and fastest of their clan, escapes the hunters and their dogs, and hides out in the dark cave. Molly Weasley, happened to be going for a walk in the woods, and found the poor troll crying by herself. Molly immediately took pity on Raven, and brought her inside to the kitchens. Students will fetch ingredients such as sugar, strawberries, etc to bake a birthday cake specifically for Raven. 

All of these Events have written setups, If you would like to see them
just pm me directly and I will happily send them to you. I am mainly leaving
them out to have an element of surprise :)

(15.) Do you have any experience using ULX or building on Garry's Mod? - 

Yes, I have quite a bit.

You understand and realize, that by applying for staff on the server also means, that you are sacrificing the complete freedom of being able to RP freely all the time without any interruptions, and are obligated to handle all server issues at hand no matter the situation?

Completely understand, and I have already given this up being a moderator.

(17.) Please make a list of all previous staff applications, a link to them, and the reason they were locked. If they were accepted, please give a short explanation of why you are no longer staff. (Disregard if this is your first application) -

The links are broken on my computer ;-;
But I applied for GM in October of last year, it was locked due
to being open for 30 days.
I then applied once in late december, and it was once again locked
for being open for 30 days.
Then I applied in january and was accepted as trial moderator.

Just as a lil extra, here are some dupes I built in sandbox <3

[Image: giphy.gif]
Married to Caspie<3
Full Moderator since 2/4/19

Personally, I don't see you do that much as staff as is aside from GY raids or other things that require a quick TP but this can also just be us playing at different times, aside from that these events seem like mostly just kill things and/or find this and then kill things. So many events are just combat focused it's nice to see something other than that, at this point if I see a just combat event I just skip it and sit it out about 85% of the time. So sadly at the moment from me, it's gonna be a Neutral for now until I see more non-combat events and maybe some more activity on staffing, who knows you could just always be doing things in the sit room and I just never see it.
[Image: 6b3412b5d6175be43fc225016937badf.png]
[Image: HailZarosBro.png]

we'll definitley enojy the events they are good.
Ur a very nice person so doesnt matter what ur applying for ull do a great job heheh <3.
Also your dupes looks really great gj.
I really want to see one of ur events.
And see what can u do as a gm
+1

[Image: 25908A307761401327B7F1F12196765F967150DA][Image: giphy.gif?cid=19f5b51a5caf7fbd757067414d451e33]

+1

Yes your activity could improve, or it could be due to different timezones but your events seem great and I think you deserve a shot to be a GM and you are already a good Staff Member.

Good Luck!

- Jack R Inkarna
Name: Jack R Inkarna

Brought VIP: November 23rd 2018

Whitelists:

Dark Animagus Rogue

Warlock

Improper Use Of Magic Office

Chopper the Dragon

Yogi The Metamorphmagus

Valkrath's and Allia's Son.

slytherinPride

+1 You have wonderful event ideas and some pretty good building skills! also sunflowers are my thing >:(
“I have an intelligence of six. I know what I’m doing.”
"We're not making a holy hand grenade."

Heart  Married Luna Dawn March 8th 2019 Heart

Kom chilnes yu na ban sishou-de au, Kom hodnes yu na hon neson op. Gouthru klir hashta yu soujon, Kom taim oso fali kom daun gon graun-de.
Mebi oso na hit choda op nodotaim

+1 

active 
Seems to know how to Build
Great event ideas look forward to seeing them if you get accepted  

Good Luck 

Joined December 21st 2017 

Father of Timo, John, Bwad, Arne Xenos

Heart Married to the best Girl ever Daphne  Heart 

The King of PVP 

Daphne is the best 

ravenclawPride ravenclawPride ravenclawPride  

Hello Lydia !! I really like your sweet personality. You are very friendly and it seems like you are good at building. But i would like to see more creative events like doesnt involve killing all the time. Because all the gms and admins doing that already. Also we have different timezones and everytime when i go to bed you come online so i assume you are active too. +1
Good luck !!
Daughter of Cassie and Dan Klein-Ragnulf

Twins with Waggy Ragnulf

Mother of Timo, John, Bwad, Arne Xenos

Married with the best guy Jacktot   Heart

gryffindorPride

Imma +1 this not because you're my wife but because i think you deserve it, Ive seen you work hard as a moderator and i know you’ll do an amazing job keeping people entertained as a gamemaker good luck ❤️
Married to Lydia Caspian-Dragon and sometimes Lydia Caspian-Curze ❤️❤️

Alis and Tyler Reffin are famalam <3 even tho they be dumbasses

[Image: ZLc0IwQ.jpg]
These events are so genius I should have thought of them.

-Vv nice applicant
-Vv good ideas.

I like the "A Troll's Birthday" and "Hogwarts Health Program" events quite a bit, as they both involve RP.
The ghost hunters one is also golden.
It may be that the court is thought to be excessively legalistic. 
I should be sorry to think that it is anything else.
-Sir Owen Dixon
[Image: 6L2qv6U.png]

Agreed with Gina!
All tho since ur already staff id love to see you temp GM and see what you can do (you may have already done this but ive never seen it)

I belive you would make a good addition to the GM team!
Gl with ur app
[Image: cJLSho7.png]
Moderator June 3d 18
Admin August 19th 18 - January 2nd 19
Gamemaker: February 25th 
Amanda Curzes husband Heart