New cadet training method.

(1) In-game name & Steam ID (can be obtained by the TAB menu in game, or by using steamid.xyz) 

Commander Wolffe

STEAM_0:0:76100681

(2)Your suggestion: 

Rather than following the same method we've been using for 3 years I'm proposing something new.

Instead of being forced to train cadets as soon as you reach Sergeant, I think we should have a job (much like Navy now) where you can change to it if you're going to train a cadet. In order to gain access to this job training will be held where anyone can attend and they will learn how to train cadets through following a strict document which they need to use whenever they want to train a cadet (kind of like a script to make sure people do not say the wrong things). 

(3) What made you feel that this change was necessary or would make a great addition: 

Recently I've noticed a lack of ambition from Sergeants to train cadets, whereas people who are lower ranks are willing to train but simply cannot because of their rank. The training is long and boring, and it becomes repetitive once you've trained 2-3 cadets in one day. 

By having a tryout/training for people who wish to train cadets, it means that people who want to train are able to, and people who do not wish to train do not need to. I see so many of the officers say 'Sergeants need to do their jobs' when it's perfectly fine for them to order someone to do it rather than training the cadets themselves. 

Even if people do not agree with this system, other suggestions are always helpful. The reason I've made this is to point out that our current way of training cadets does not make playing on the server fun for everyone and can end up with cadets not receiving adequate training because current Sergeants do not wish to train. 

(4) List what you think (if any) could be possible negatives if your suggestion were to be added: 

Honestly, people could argue that it would take ages to implement or change, but it wouldn't. It would take the officers announcing it in their discords, a few daily tryouts/training for the next week, and for a job to be made so people are able to train. 

I would say like TRN for Trainer. So you have to try out to become a trainer and If you dont want to be a Trainer you dont have to be 
I think my idea would work better but im gonna say yours is a bit harder to do. Like add a whole new job and Model. But yea
+1
 MABUHAY 
Redgie Ciggory NoToes
ENG Trainee Hooman
Crewman Hooman
Property of @MrBug9898 
Property of @Engineer Paradyce
Property of @Neon Trotsky

+1 Being one of these troopers who have not been Sergeant but has trained multiple Cadets with permission from higher ups this would be a great idea just to get a Cert or get trained to be able to train these cadets.
104th Wolfpack NCO
Donater of SBS since May 3rd 2019
Joined SBS January 7th 2019
ARF SGT Focus
[Image: jsMdnej.jpg]
♥Comet will always be my Commander♥

Sergeants are expected to be properly trained on how to train a cadet, there is even a guide here on the forums that should be shown to them. All the officers know how to, and the guide explains it well. No need to make a new job and new guide. 

This is my signature

I agree with Hellion. Sergeants should know how to train cadets and if lower ranked troopers wish to train cadets then they may ask in comms for permission to train the cadet. -1
"For someone who like myself in whom the ability to trust others is so cracked and broken that I am wretchedly timid and forever trying to read the expression on people's faces"
Joined August 17, 2018
Hogwarts RP Moderator since November 25th, 2018
Master Prestige since December 4th, 2018
Clone Wars RP Moderator since March 2nd, 2019
"If every hope abandons you, there's peace in that you know"

(05-14-2019, 10:21 PM)Isaac Hellion Wrote: Sergeants are expected to be properly trained on how to train a cadet, there is even a guide here on the forums that should be shown to them. All the officers know how to, and the guide explains it well. No need to make a new job and new guide. 

Sergeants would still be taught how to train, but it would give other people who WANT to train an opportunity to do so. 

It’s not about what we’ve always been used to anymore, it should be about making the server an enjoyable environment for everyone which means we should not force people to do things they don’t wish to. That doesn’t mean Sergeants would never have to train, but it means other people who are more enthusiastic about training new players would get an opportunity.

Again I still think sergeants would be the main source of Training cadets but i think starting at Lance corporal you should have the Choice of going through a training to see if your ready enough to start training Cadets because i've been in other servers where Training cadets Start at Corporal. I think they would have enough experience in the server to start training Cadet at LC or CPL.
104th Wolfpack NCO
Donater of SBS since May 3rd 2019
Joined SBS January 7th 2019
ARF SGT Focus
[Image: jsMdnej.jpg]
♥Comet will always be my Commander♥

+1  I have seen this method done before.  I'm thinking back to Urbane when that was a thing.  I thought it was a cool idea and rarely saw a cadet go untrained.  My only issue with how Urbane did it was they added something like TR to the player's name which made some people's name ridiculously long.   While I don't see this method as a necessary thing to implement, I would be interested in how many people would tryout out to gain the certification to train.
   --- SBS Veteran Wolfpack Member ---
Rocket League Advocate
       [Image: a10-military-plane-1.gif]