Healing during combat

**DISCLAIMER: https://starbystargaming.com/showthread.php?tid=4724

(1) What is your In-game name & Steam ID? - STEAM_0:0:452917486

(1a) Have you read through the Common Suggestions and Answers post? - Yes i have.

(2) What is your suggestion? - Make a rule that states "No healing in the middle of combat at the quidditch pitch". The player can heal when they are not in combat.

(3) What made you feel that this change was necessary or would make a great addition? - On many occasions and for many other players it is super difficult to kill another player especially as a LF when the opponent is healing every time their low on health. It makes it even harder to kill them when there spongifying around all the time. I'm trying to make it balanced between the LF and DF.

(4) What could be possible negatives if your suggestion were to be added? - More restrictions on the server and a small majority of players complaining.
[Image: sketch_San_micha1.png]
[Image: giphy.gif]
Hogwarts - San Mercy-Heart

Expand Signature

Although I play as light forces mostly, and it is very annoying when I hit someone with firestorm and they instantly just fly away and heal. I don't think this is the solution.

heres what I propose:
make sectusempra and firestorm give someone an "injured" effect, where they have reduced healing for a set amount of time. So it would be similar to grevious wounds from LoL if anyone knows what that is.
only problem is that this might not be possible
HMM
[Image: screen-shot-2014-03-19-at-8-11-55-am-1501155273_lrg.jpg][Image: giphy.gif]
                       Philippians 4:6-7 "Watch your binds"
Expand Signature

(05-17-2019, 03:59 PM)Jerome Wrote: -1
Although I play as light forces mostly, and it is very annoying when I hit someone with firestorm and they instantly just fly away and heal. I don't think this is the solution.

heres what I propose:
make sectusempra and firestorm give someone an "injured" effect, where they have reduced healing for a set amount of time. So it would be similar to grevious wounds from LoL if anyone knows what that is.
I see what your getting at but whats to stop them from hiding in corners and spongifying around until this effect wheres off. Then they can just go back to running away and healing

Expand Signature

I don't get how this would make it fair. I mean, you can heal yourself lol if low health like everyone else does. I don't think this would help the situation either, just annoy a lot of people including me cause of the restrictions.
[Image: image0.jpg] 
 Amelia Silver-Dragonfyre
Joined February 2016 
Daily Prophet Journalist
Expand Signature

(05-17-2019, 04:12 PM)Amelia Silver-Dragonfyre Wrote: -1
I don't get how this would make it fair. I mean, you can heal yourself lol if low health like everyone else does. I don't think this would help the situation either, just annoy a lot of people including me cause of the restrictions.
Let me give an example:
Let's say we are playing as a LF.
You damage a DF.
He spongifys away and heals.
You damage him again.
He goes away and heals.
You damage him a third time.
He goes and heals.
Then he hits you with avada.
Instantly dead.

Expand Signature

It looks kinda silly but take it as an rp thing
No one healed during fights in the film
Also its really really hard to kill someone when ur playing as a LF +1
[Image: giphy.gif?cid=19f5b51a5caf7fbd757067414d451e33]

ʷʰᵃᵗ ᶤˢ ᵈᵉᵃᵈ ᵐᵃʸ ᶰᵉᵛᵉʳ ᵈᶤᵉ
Expand Signature

I agree that is really annoying if you are playing as lf and they instantly fly away and heal themself. +1
Daughter of Cassie Ragnulf and Dan Klein

Twins with Waggy Ragnulf

Mother of Timo, John, Bwad, Arne, Rosemary, Jonny 

gryffindorPride
Expand Signature

While I completely understand where you're coming from, and I agree that it's annoying for someone to run and heal in a 1v1, I'm still going to have to say -1. I really dont think it's a big enough issue that a rule needs to be made about it. It's annoying yeah, but nothing that needs punishing. Personally, I combat heal. It's especially helpful when outnumbered. On another note, why not just chase them down as they try and heal? That's what I do. Hit em with firestorm, drops them to 30 health, which takes at the very least 3 vulneras in order to restore them to a point where they can take another hit without dying. As long as you stay on them and keep the pressure on they csnt really do anything while trying to heal.
Ravenclaw Horcrux
The Faceless
"Your ass is grass and I'm going to mow it!"
[Image: 20190302_000700.jpg]
[Image: 4948dbf520d76aa193539c45fa0b08b1.png]
Expand Signature

(05-17-2019, 04:23 PM)Albert William Wrote:
It looks kinda silly but take it as an rp thing
No one healed during fights in the film
Also its really really hard to kill someone when ur playing as a LF +1

The pitch is a battleground. There is no RP at the pitch unless its some sort of event so absolutely tears that out of the equation albert.  Its something for us NON RP people to do inbetween classes or waiting for an event.

I am able to kill plenty of DF as a LF/ LF as a DF and i battle heal greatly. Maybe instead of crying about not being able to do damage as a LF, watch their casting and land hits. Avada is a 3 second delay and the Vulnera Sanentur is like a 2 second CD.  If you guys cant time it, get better. Dont sit here and remove an amazing feature that can lead to some amazing duels. If youre healing it leaves you wide open for an attack so its balanced as you cant even spongify away while you heal. and guess what, not everyone can effectively battle heal so youre really just taking it away from the PVP oriented players. GG?

Firestorm does 70 Damage, Vulnera Heals 15. if you cant land another shot of firestorm, then thats on yall.  Mostro (for you non FS LF's) has such a quick cooldown you can beat them down as it does 20 and is pretty much spammable. Again, 20 is greater than 15. PRETTY SURE you can hit them twice before they can even heal again. Boom, 40 damage to the 15 heals. Do the math guys its balanced. Just get good?

Don't take away an aspect because you all are bad at fighting. Lmao? Get better at predicting or dont fight. Don't sit here and ruin pitch fighting for the rest of us with some crappy neg on healing.

Big fat -1
[Image: 74954cf625232cade772966ff9fc6196.png]
Joined - August 28th, 2018 | VIP - October 25th, 2018
Trial Mod - November 19th, 2018 | Full Mod - December 2nd, 2018 | Resigned - February 8th, 2019
Expand Signature

(05-17-2019, 03:59 PM)Jerome Wrote: -1

heres what I propose:

Holy shit being hit by either spell should definitely disable being healed for set amount of time.

HUGE +1

Is this possible @Michael Classicius @Alex Casey - Kona

This is the only way this can work as a compendium rule would never work.
[Image: RyteLionheart.png]
[Image: rytesig.png]
Expand Signature