Celine Moongoose - Gamemaker Application

Heart 
(1.) What is your SteamID? - $STEAMID$

STEAM_0:0:83540096
https://steamcommunity.com/id/cherry_clouds/ 

(1a) What is your most recent ingame name? 

Celine C. Moongoose

(1b) What is your current year level in-game? (MUST be 7th to apply.) 

Prestige 7 year 7

(2.) What Timezone do you live in? 

CEST | Norway

(2a) Please put what times you are most active in CST (Chicago US), so the managers know when they can expect to see you. 
Anywhere between 4 pm and 8 am CST

(3.) How old are you? 
Sigh… 27 

(4.) When did you first join our server and how did you discover it? 
I joined in January 2018 after discovering the server from Youtube. I instantly fell in love with the concept of it as I myself am a big fan of Harry Potter universe.

(4a) How can we be sure you will stay active and loyal (with your time) to Star by Star? 
SBS severs are the only ones I ever play on Garry's Mod. 

(4b) Do you understand you can be let go at ANY time for inactivity? 
Yes

(5.) Do you understand and agree to not only comply with, but also enforce the rules of the Server when necessary? 
Yes

(5a) When listing the rules please explain what they mean to show that you understand them.
List Rules below:

Rule 1 | No fail RP: 

Follow the rules of the natural RP of the server, as it would be according to the lore of Harry Potter universe. Example: As a student you have to attend class, as a Death Eater you can’t stand on the school grounds unless Lock Down or event, and so on. 

Rule 2 | Be respectful: 
Being respectful to any player/staff anytime, no rudeness/insults/personal attacks as well as hate speech, racism and harassment. Example: Saying one of the forbidden words, that are considered being either hate speech or racism is forbidden at all times. 

Rule 3 | No RDM: 
Random death match means killing another player without RP reason. Example: Students killing other students, Light Forces or Hogwarts Staff killing students and the opposite and many-many more… Basically, RDM’ ing someone without actual RP reason is forbidden. 

Rule 4 | Obey staff and RP leaders: 
Follow the instructions of Staff and your RP leaders. Example: Playing as a Dark Force you must obey if Lord Voldemort summons you to the graveyard. Or listen to and obey to staff member if they have been speaking to you.
* However, if your RP leader commands you to do something that is considered a rule breaking, contact the staff first. 

Rule 5 | Do not freespell: 
Do not use spells without an RP reason (certain spells do not count as freespelling). Example: Purposely continuously shooting spells at someone without a proper RP reason.

Rule 6 | No Meta-Gaming: 
Meta-gaming means using knowledge, that has not been collected in game and/or assuming thins outside of the RP process. Example: Exposing a snatcher without them being revealed according to RP rules.  

Rule 7 | Do not mic/chat spam: 
Spam in any of these two forms will result in detention or even a ban. Example: Shouting, screaming, playing music and using a voice changer through your microphone is considered as mic spam. As well as spamming the OOC without a valid reason is also considered the same. 

Rule 8 | Advert is for RP reasons only: 
Advert is there to highlight important RP messages. Example: By using advert instead of OOC to state a message that has nothing to do with RP is forbidden.   

Rule 9 | No ERP: 
Erotic roleplay in any form is forbidden on the server. Example: Any comment/statement/suggestion/gesture/etc. with sexual content and ERP intentions towards other players/staff is forbidden both in chat, voice and in general. 

Rule 10 | Do not avoid AFK system: 
Purposely extending time on the server without being active/present is considered as exploiting. Example: Using console to make your character move while being AFK is forbidden. 

(5b) Expain what the term "minge" means, when referring to a player on the server 
A minge is a person with no intentions to roleplay, but rather spread chaos around the server. Minges often get in trouble for various rule breaking. However, it is important not to be hasty with calling someone a minge as new players are often mistaken for minges simply because they’re new to the server and are unfamiliar with its rules. 

(6.) Tell us about yourself and why you want to be staff on SBS? (100 words or less) 
I used to be staff on SBS in the past, started as moderator and transferred to GM, which is a rank I completely fell in love with. My favorite part of GM work was seeing how much joy my creations brought to the players. It was fun to learn and at the same time provide content for the community of the server. I must admit I miss it a lot, even after my resignation I still got ideas for events and builds.

I see myself as a creative person, who likes to work hard for the things I care for. Once find passion for something, I dive completely into it and do everything I can to deliver best results possible.

(7.) What do you feel you need to improve on the most? 
From my GM experience my weakest point are traditional events. I always liked to think slightly out of the box and focus on providing different type of content for the players, therefore you have seen a majority of my past events as passive rp.

Something I need to work on is to do traditional events more often, as I need to become more confident with organizing players and assigning them to their parts in the event.    

(8.) How would having you on staff benefit our server and what sets you apart from the rest of the applicants? 
I love creating new content, whether it is a build, event or a concept. I can work alone, and I work well with a team. I am always willing to learn new things and I also like to help fellow staff members and lift my team up to new heights. I have experience with both disciplinary and creative aspects of staffing and have proven to show results that satisfy both my teammates and the players.

(9.) Have you been staff/are currently on any other servers? If so, which ones? (List them if possible)  
No, only on SBS Hogwarts RP

(10.) Have you ever been banned on any Garrys Mod/SBS servers? If yes, then please list when, how long, and the reason. 
Never been banned, kicked or even sent to detention for rp reasons.

(11.) Are the Server staff or the players more important? Why? 

Those two are so different yet so same, in the end we all are players. As I always said, the key is a balance between players and staff, as one cannot exist without the other. I think players should be appreciated to and be shown that their opinions matter. While staff should be acknowledged for amount of time and effort they put into their work voluntarily.  

(12.) How would you rate your skills overall out of 10 (EX: Patience, Communication, etc) 

Patience: 8 – for every day I become more and more patient as a person. It all depends on the situation of course, but I am working on improving myself and I have still things to improve on. 

Response Time: 9 – I am active, and I pay attention to most things, however I change this from 10 to 9 as I know I can be quite unfocused on chat and surroundings while building.

Fairness: 9 – doing the right thing is important to me.

Problem Solving: 10 – Resolving a situation is something that is important to me, as I simply can’t rest if it hangs on my shoulders. I will always aim to find a solution that both is efficient and correct. 

Leadership skills: 8 – due to a lot of experience from ingame and irl 

Building: 10 – A lot of experience due to countless hours of experimenting with the tools.

(13.) How familiar on a scale of 1 to 10 are you with Garrys Mod Sandbox tools? 
10, I had good teachers ? 

(14.) Give us a couple of detailed examples of an event you would use and how you would proceed with them 

While coming up with event ideas I quickly realized that it will be tricky to fit in all the details into this application. Therefore, I decided to create a website made specifically for this application. In there you will be able to find my staff history, portfolio, event ideas and concepts. That way you can view event ideas fully detailed, you can see my past work and if interested, you can read more about my experience as a staff member.

The website is made in a platform called Wix, I optimized it for mobile as well, and it seemed to work fine, but I would still recommend seeing it in a browser on your machine.

Back to question 14, here is a link directly to the event page https://celinemoongoose.wixsite.com/gamemaker/events

Table of contents:
New events:                      
1872 – Large event
Five black feathers – Large event
For your comfort – Medium/large event
Chernobyl diaries – Small/medium event
Isolated – Small event
Crossover – Large community event      

New concept:
Timezone Wars                                                                                                                             

(15.) Do you have any experience using ULX or building on Garry's Mod?  
Yes, plenty. 

(16.) You understand and realize, that by applying for staff on the server also means, that you are sacrificing the complete freedom of being able to RP freely all the time without any interruptions, and are obligated to handle all server issues at hand no matter the situation? 
I do 

(17.) Please make a list of all previous staff applications, a link to them, and the reason they were locked. If they were accepted, please give a short explanation of why you are no longer staff. (Disregard if this is your first application) 
Moderator application - accepted: https://starbystargaming.com/showthread.php?tid=1346
Gamemaker application - accepted: https://starbystargaming.com/showthread.php?tid=2313

*Important note*

I can imagine some of you will take into consideration the short amount of time since my return. I know very well that certain amount of activity must to be shown before an application is being considered. I recently came back to the server and visited it throughout the month of May. My Gametracker will unfortunately not tell you much as I rarely kill while on server.

I recently had to quit my job due to major health issues, something I will be transparent about. I previously had three spinal damages and now I got one more. This happened due to overworking in combination with heavy equipment I had to bring to work every day (my gaming laptop, camera and misc.). Currently I am awaiting several exams, including MRI scan, and based on what my doctors have said, after being redirected to a surgeon, there is a big chance I will need a surgery.

I am applying now and not later simply because I have a chance as in time. The whole process with fixing my back will take months, as things go slowly over here, and after potential surgery there will be set time for recovery. I plan to do some minor work for the company I recently left, but it is something that will be done from home.

I understand that rules are rules and they are there for a reason. I know I haven’t been back for long and just because used to be staff, there will be no special treatment. That is something I understand and respect. However, I just want to say one thing, that even though not much time has passed yet, I have proven that my activity was nearly flawless when I used to be staff, I was there through illness and stress and I loved being there. That is all, thank you so much for taking the time to read my application <3
[Image: giphy.gif]
Expand Signature

+1
We need you back. I’ve missed you way too much and you have such amazing event ideas and past events have been amazing.
~ Kyrie Animus-Knight ~
{Nova Dark-Bloodmoon & Axel Snow-Dragon}

Infinite in Mystery is the Gift of the Goddess.

Loving Wife to Enzoe Animus-Knight - May 18th 2018

Slytherin Horcrux    |    Salem Witch    |    Nagini
SBS Hogwarts Mod: February 17, 2019
Expand Signature

FUCKING GIANT +1 I MISS SEEING YOUR BUILDS SO MUCH I NEED YOU BACK  Heart
"And besides... you know I'm in love with you right?"

Expand Signature

(05-21-2019, 10:12 PM)Celine Celestial-Moongoose Wrote: I am applying now and not later simply because I have a chance as in time. 

I understand that rules are rules and they are there for a reason.

I know I haven’t been back for long and just because used to be staff, there will be no special treatment.

Good.
Then you will understand my vote which I submit with respect.

Until such a time where your activity increases I am not prepared to vote positively here.

I do not like it when established conventions are broken, which is the principal reason for my vote here: it's more of a concern for procedure than anything else.

Further, now that I feel more comfortable expressing my opinions: I shall submit, again, with respect:
Pros and Cons to you as an applicant as it stands, and make reference to your previous work.

I do so now knowing
-The rule stating votes must 'take an applicant as they are now into account, not relying too much on their past' is not stated anywhere anymore. It would appear rescinded as I can point to it in many places being unenforced by forum staff.
-It is a constructive venture

Pros:
Exceptional building skills
Proficiency with respect to the actual conducting of events
Spontaneous events (i.e. happenings with no briefing) were done well
The events listed in this application are delightful

Cons:
It was said you spent more time building than running full length events (i.e. events with briefings, etc)
which I agree with. *It may not be your thing. Nevertheless, it is an expectation.
6. Maintain a steady pace (1-2 events per week)

It was also said you could be quite moody and temperamental: which I only partially agree with.

UPDATE:

Present activity is commendable
Candidate is, in all other respects: qualified

+1

After reconvening with wise-counsel, I am returning to my old vote.
Expand Signature

Giant +1. One of my favorite GMs since ive been on the server. In the past i always loved your nice small events, like Care of Magical Creatures. Your events listed currently look interesting and i would love to see them in action. Really the only Con i have is, like you said, the short time its been since you returned.
Ravenclaw Horcrux
The Faceless
"Your ass is grass and I'm going to mow it!"
[Image: 20190302_000700.jpg]
[Image: 4948dbf520d76aa193539c45fa0b08b1.png]

[Image: adcb458bb75e6964f6f1de8b4c377fc3.png]
Expand Signature

+1 celine was an amazing game maker before and I would love to see it again.
[Image: r9wyyttx9whz.jpg]
Expand Signature

Agreed put some more time into the server, you just came back a bit too soon to re apply.
Yeah Time has passed I would say in terms of build quality and the events you did its all fine but I just know from personal expirience that you get quite emotional/sensitive and you dont make the right choices then just as a example rember the Poppy thing were I didnt do anything but you thought I did so you left the server with a pretty bad mood and Satia was left to deal with things which turned out If you just had come talk to me there woudnt have been a Issuie and there had been similar occasions I dont mean this in a bad way just something to maybe work on.  

Neutral

Best of Luck :)

I love you Celine but you should come back and hang out with the plebs again before straight up re-applying.
You were always building and doing Passive RP, but only really did events when you were asked to by Satia.

still +1 tho
[Image: ctH0NN2.jpg]
Expand Signature

I can see where people are coming from when they state Celine didn't do many major events. Maybe it just isn't her thing, not what she is best at. However, she is impeccable at building. She created some of the best structures I've seen on our server. I miss seeing her builds. I believe she would be a great supportive asset to another GM and to the quality of the server.

However, you did just come back.. so unfortunately I think you should be more on the server before you are accepted. 

Neutral to +1
| Leader of the Delaires |  Leo's Aries | Dark Chancellor | Shadowed Acolyte | The Heir of Slytherin |
[Image: 2uisx7E.gif]
[Image: miradelaire1.png]
Expand Signature

All gms excell at different things, and Celine really shines with her buildings and creativity. When she was a GM I asked her once if she could build a specific structure for an event I had planed and she did a damn good job which really blew me away. Ive been using her dupes allot just cause they are very detailed and awesome.
Now events, i remmember being part of many of ur events they were fun and entertaining and youd always have an amazing build to make it more interesting.
You left the staff team on ur own accord and now you say ur able to play again.

We also rn have more GMs then I can ever remmember, is this a bad thing? Absolutely not! The server gets way more fun and entertainment then normal so I say lets get more.

Normally id urge you to stay longer before wed concider you, but having you NOW as a GM would benefit everyone so my vote will be +1 

Lykke til med greia di, gåseper
[Image: cJLSho7.png]
Moderator June 3d 18
Admin August 19th 18 - January 2nd 19
Gamemaker: February 25th 
Amanda Curzes husband Heart
Expand Signature