Arthur's Mod Application V6 (or 5.1)

(1.) What is your SteamID?
STEAM_0:1:185987048

(1a) What is your most recent ingame name?
Arthur Blackjoy Dragonfyre

(1b) What is your current year level in-game? (MUST be 7th to apply.)
Third Year, Prestige 5

(2.) What Timezone do you live in?
Central European Summer Time (CEST), Italy

(2a) Please put what times you are most active in CST (Chicago US), so the managers know when they can expect to see you.
Well the school is ended so I can be online every day at every time (except if I have some commitments). Writing here the times it's pretty useless because I could not respect them and be online at every time of the day but I will anyway.
I'm often online from 2.00 am to 6.00 or 7.00 am, from 9.00 am to 12.30 am, and from 2.00 or 3.00 pm to 6.00 pm.
I cannot be online in the evening (like 8/9/10 pm) because for me it's like 3/4/5 am.

(3.) How old are you?
I'm 16 years old

(4.) When did you first join our server and how did you discover it?
The first time I joined the server was in March 2018 and I was randomly scrolling down the server list of Gmod, I found "Hogwarts RP" and the server with more members was yours. :D

(4a) How can we be sure you will stay active and loyal (with your time) to Star by Star?
I like playing this server a lot, I've got some friends with whom I spend a lot of time and I have a lot of fun here. Also I'm on summer holiday right now so I have got a lot of time to spend here!

(4b) Do you understand you can be let go at ANY time for inactivity?
Yes, I do.

(5.) Do you understand and agree to not only comply with, but also enforce the rules of the Server when necessary?
Sure, I do.

(5a) When listing the rules please explain what they mean to show that you understand them.
 List Rules below:

1 - No FailRP:
Do what your job is entitled to do. Don't do anything that your character wouldn't do, don't do anything that is not part of the character or of its usual behavior. For example an Auror would never use apparition inside the school, a prefect would never send to detention another prefect, a snatcher would never snatch a dark force or a neutral one. Also don't resist when you are getting snatched or don't suicide.
These are just some examples...

2 - Be Respectful:
Don't use homophobic/racist/sexist slurs, hate speech terms etc. Respect everyone in the server and don't harass anyone for any reason.

3 - No RDM:
RDM simply stands for "Random Deathmatch" so it means that you are not allowed to kill anyone without a vaild RP reason. For example if a DF is revealed (by spawning cuffs or using avada/crucio/dark apparition) then you can kill him. But don't roam around the school randomly killing people just because you like it; especially for students.

4 - Obey Staff and RP Leaders:
Respect and obey every member of the staff as well as your RP leaders. Do what they want you to do unless if they are telling you to break the rules (then you can disobey them).

5 - No Freespelling:
Do not attack anyone with spells randomly, there must be a valid RP reason (as for the RDM). Every attack spell (as Stupefy, Verdi, Monstro, Everte etc.) it's not allowed but you can use every spell that basically "helps" others or you, or that doesn't have a bad effect (so Episkey, Vulnera, Spongify or VIP spells such as Tarantallegra, Confetti, Engorgio or Incendio (these last only if casted OUTSIDE active classes)).

6 - No Metagaming:
Don't use IRL informations to advantage your character in-game. So don't call out a snatcher or a Dark Force because of their playermodel or their job title's color. Also do not tell to your friends (via text chat or Discord, TS3 etc.) that you have been snatched or where the snatcher is so they can come to save you and kill him/her.

7 - No Chat/Micspam:
Basically do not clog text or voice chat by spamming/repeating the same sentence, screaming, blowing in your microphone etc. Also do not turn the music on in your mic.

8 - Advert is for RP Reasons Only:
Don't abuse the advert system which is purposed to be used only for valid RP reasons. For Example you can activate PTS (as teacher), put DOS or KOS on someone, call for a meeting (as Minister or as Voldemort), claim the pitch or give orders as RP leader (ex. "Prefects come to my class") with the adverts. But you cannot write things that have nothing to do with the roleplay: for example things like "Hello guys" or "I'm lost, can someone help me?" or "If you find me, I'll give you 10k" must stay OFF advert.

9 - No ERP:
ERP stands for "Erotic Roleplay" so basically don't do any saxual act with people or objects, don't use sexual language and don't make any sexual noise.

10 - Don't Avoid AFK System/Map Exploit:
Do not use binds or system to avoid being kicked for AFK. The AFK timer is 20 minutes so don't make the console moves you every 15/19 minutes so you can earn XP without doing anything. Also do not use bugs or glitches to go under the map or to go to places where you shouldn't go and don't glitch yourself into walls or props.

(5b) Expain what the term "minge" means, when referring to a player on the server
A "minge" is a player without any RP intention. He's always breaking multiple rules; he's always freespelling, skipping class, disrespecting etc. He's a troll who only wants to ruin the other players' experience just to have fun.

(6.) Tell us about yourself and why you want to be staff on SBS? (100 words or less)
I'm a great fun of Harry Potter and other fantasy things such as Lord of the Rings or Game of Thrones. I actually go to school. I love travelling and animals too. I'd like to become a mod because I very enjoy SBS servers and I really like helping others. I feel like people need more help in times when there are no staff members on so I want to fix their problems, helping them to enjoy their stay in the best way.

(7.) What do you feel you need to improve on the most?
I think that right now the biggest problem I have is English (language and grammar), especially while talking, so I feel like I need to improve this. I'm a 16 years old boy who lives in Italy; they don't teach you EVERYTHING about English at school so I have to work on it on my own most of the time. Also I feel I need to improve my "making a decision" skill. I mean sometimes, when I have to make a decision, I think if I'm doing that wrong or good, if I'm right or not. I improved that in the past but I need to do it just a little bit more.

(8.) How would having you on staff benefit our server and what sets you apart from the rest of the applicants?
As you can see I can be on in times when there are only 1 or 2 (or no one) staff members online, I often log in the server and I see Prefect Law (especially when its 2/3/4/5.00 am). So thanks to my times I can be on when it's really needed (one day there has been prefect law for almost the entire day). Anyway I always try to make others have a great time on the server because they are here to have fun not to be annoyed by some minges or bad players in general. I also think that I have a pretty good knowledge of the rules (the "unwritten" ones too). Last thing: I had a long break (around 7 months) so I had the time to improve a lot of things, to relax my mind and to change myself and now I'm ready to start again as a better person that I was before.

(9.) Have you been staff/are currently on any other servers? If so, which ones? (List them if possible)
No.

(10.) Have you ever been banned on any Garrys Mod/SBS servers? If yes, then please list when, how long, and the reason.
I have been banned once. It was the same month I started playing (March 2018) and it was for like 5 hours because I was using apparition inside the school. I have never had other or major bans.

(11.) Are the Server staff or the players more important? Why?
I think they are at the same level, they complete themselves. I mean, none of them can actually live without each other. The Staff Team is like the brain of the server, that control it and keep the order on it, while the players are just like the soul or the heart of the server, without them there wouldn't be a community, a group of people who stay together and create a unique RP experience.

(12) How would you rate your skills overall out of 10 (EX: Patience, response time, etc)
Patience: 8
Response Time: 8
Willingness: 10
Fairness: 9
Leadership: 8.5
Communication: 7.5
Learning Speed: 10
Overall: 8/10

(13.) If you do not know how to handle a situation in a mod-sit, what do you do?
I'll immediately ask for help to another online staff member and if I'm the only one I will try to message someone on discord, steam or whatever. If I will get no answer I'll go on the forum to see if there is a post that can help me to solve the problem. If there is nothing, then, I will try my best to handle the situation and to make the most fair and right decision.

(14.) You understand and realize, that by applying for staff on the server also means, that you are sacrificing the complete freedom of being able to RP freely all the time without any interruptions, and are obligated to handle all server issues at hand no matter the situation?
Yes, I understand.

(15.) Please make a list of all previous staff applications, a link to them, and the reason they were locked. If they were accepted, please give a short explanation of why you are no longer staff. (Disregard if this is your first application)
I cannot give you the link to my first application because it is on the old forum but here's my second, third and fourth one (locked after 30 days): Application V2, Application V3 , Application V4
And here's my fifth application, locked for respinding on the application more than 12 hours of the last response: Application V5

Thank you for reading my Application! :D

Seal Born

[Image: giphy.gif]

- Joined SBS HogwartsRP - March 2018 -
- Loyal Son of Bubsy Dragonfyre - May 2018 -
- Became VIP - June 2018 -
- Became Trial Moderator - 24th June 2019 -
- Became Full Moderator - July 2019 -
Expand Signature

+1
Positives:
  • A well presented application with effort put into it.
  • He knows the rules and is active on the Server.

Good Luck!

- Jack R Inkarna
[Image: tumblr_pwcfr4mP7u1yu7o3lo1_1280.png]
Expand Signature

+1 Arthur is a really nice and approachable person, plays prefect a lot and he knows the rules.
Good luck Arthur!
Carla Avada Bradshaw-Tolkien
Gloo Gloo Suarez
Expand Signature

Agreed with Carla, I think Arthur would be suitable for trail in a needed timezone +1
[Image: cJLSho7.png]
Moderator June 3d 18
Admin August 19th 18 - January 2nd 19
Gamemaker: February 25th 
Amanda Curzes husband Heart
Expand Signature

i can see arthur being the most reasonable of the applicants, he has tried hard. Neutral to +1 just keep at what you're doing bud.
[Image: iAbQopj.png]
[Image: laBAnuq.png]
[Image: WzF3z0e.png]
Halo RP - GYSGT Justin
Expand Signature

Too eager with the red stick as a prefect, and will be steadfast in any decision they make with little regard to reason.
                                                                                                     I'm mostly always constantly a variable.

[Image: mw9jjn.jpg]
Expand Signature

Neutral leaning towards +1

You’re a lovely person and show basically every need of a mod but yesterday when lots of Prefect law I was trying to Prefect and you were head boy and kept butting into my warnings shouting at players. I then took a first year to class and you were shouting at me behind.
[Image: image0.jpg] 
 Amelia Silver-Dragonfyre
Joined February 2016 
Daily Prophet Journalist
Expand Signature

(06-15-2019, 07:39 AM)Amelia Silver-Dragonfyre Wrote: Neutral leaning towards +1

You’re a lovely person and show basically every need of a mod but yesterday when lots of Prefect law I was trying to Prefect and you were head boy and kept butting into my warnings shouting at players. I then took a first year to class and you were shouting at me behind.

I think you are kinda confused. Yesterday, when you were trying to handle with these students inside the class, I wasn't even using the microphone. You were giving warnings in vocal chat and I was spamming them in local chat.
And...uhm I don't even remember me shouting at you while you were bringing a student to the class. As I said I wasn't using the mic and why should I do this? :Thinking:

Seal Born

Expand Signature

(06-15-2019, 08:08 AM)Arthur Blackjoy Dragonfyre Wrote:
I think you are kinda confused. Yesterday, when you were trying to handle with these students inside the class, I wasn't even using the microphone. You were giving warnings in vocal chat and I was spamming them in local chat.
And...uhm I don't even remember me shouting at you while you were bringing a student to the class. As I said I wasn't using the mic and why should I do this? :Thinking:

You were using your mic and you did do this. Don't know if you don't remember or you're lying to me. And, why should you do this? idk, you tell me lmfao, i just know you did.
[Image: image0.jpg] 
 Amelia Silver-Dragonfyre
Joined February 2016 
Daily Prophet Journalist
Expand Signature

(06-15-2019, 12:00 PM)Amelia Silver-Dragonfyre Wrote:
(06-15-2019, 08:08 AM)Arthur Blackjoy Dragonfyre Wrote:

You were using your mic and you did do this. Don't know if you don't remember or you're lying to me. And, why should you do this? idk, you tell me lmfao, i just know you did.

So uhm, I chekced the clip out and in class I used the mic only few times and it was to warn someone or to ask for a spell. I didn't find the second thing tho (me shouting at you etc. etc).
Anyway I don't wanna create problems with my applications or my reputation and If I actually did this and I'm not just remembering it and if I created some problems to you or to others I'll excuse then.
Hope I didn't create problems :)

P.S. Anyway if you want the clip please feel free to contact me in pm, I will not reply here anymore because I don't wanna bump up my application or create any drama in it for no reason.

Seal Born

Expand Signature