Tommy's Staff Application

(1.)  What is your SteamID?
STEAM_0:1:152067048

(1a) What is your most recent ingame name? 
Tommy Dragon

(1b) What is your current year level in-game? (MUST be 7th to apply.)
4th prestige year 5

(2.)  What Timezone do you live in?
CEST – Yes, that’s a Europe timezone

(2a) Please put what times you are most active in CST (Chicago US), so the managers know when they can expect to see you.
I will be active in the morning/afternoon in CST timezone.

(3.) How old are you? 
 I am currently 20 years old

(4.)  When did you first join our server and how did you discover it?
I discovered SBS around 3 years or so ago, maybe more. I found it by scrolling through some server list and Hogwarts RP was there. I liked Harry Potter very much so I gave it a try and I liked it.

(4a) How can we be sure you will stay active and loyal (with your time) to Star by Star?   
I took a break not too long ago but I am back and enjoying the server, communicating with the community. So I definitely plan on staying with the SBS community.

(4b) Do you understand you can be let go at ANY time for inactivity? 
Yes I understand that.

(5.) Do you understand and agree to not only comply with, but also enforce the rules of the Server when necessary?  
I understand and agree with that.

(5a) When listing the rules please explain what they mean to show that you understand them.
 List Rules below:
1.       No Fail RP ~ Don’t do anything that your RP character would not do. Ex: Suicide is fail RP, Running in the school with handcuffs out as a snatcher is fail RP.
2.      No disrespect ~  Be respectfull to one another. Don’t call people retarded, etc.
3.      No random deathmatch ~ Do not randomly kill eachother without an valid RP reason. A valid RP reason to kill someone would be: Snatcher who is revealed. Lucius Malfoy who is revealed. Helping a snatcher escape with his snatch.
4.      Obey staff and RP leaders ~  Obey staff. If staff tells you to not do something, you must listen to the staff. Obey RP leaders: If and RP leader like a headboy tells a prefect to go prefect class 1, the prefect must listen to the headboy.
5.      No freespelling ~  Do no randomly cast spells without an RP reason. RP reason could be: Dueling in the dueling club, or stupefying someone who you are trying to send to detention.
6.      No metagaming ~ Do no use OOC information and apply it in-game. Simple Example for this rule is that there is a snatcher who is not revealed, and you call him a snatcher in class because you can see it above his name.
7.      Do not mic/chat spam ~  Do not scream, play music, etc, through your microphone, that is considered mic spam. Don’t spam the chat by constantly spamming the same message in chat.
8.      No fail adverts ~ Do not fail advert. Fail adverts could be something like: Prefects are dumb, or, How do I get spells.
9.      Do no ERP ~  Do not erotic roleplay. Do no sex RP on this server.
10.  Do not avoid the AFK system ~  Do not use console commands to avoid being kicked automatically .

(5b) Expain what the term "minge" means, when referring to a player on the server 
 When someone is a minge, it refers to them being not serious in roleplaying. They find it funny to break rules and cause chaos upon the server.

(6.) Tell us about yourself and why you want to be staff on SBS? (100 words or less) 
 Hiya! I’m Tommy. I am 20 years old and live in the Netherlands. I’m someone who likes to play games online and just relax. I’d like to be staff on the server because when I’m online there is often prefect law on. I see many rulebreakers ruining the RP on the server and I would like to help by becoming a moderator

(7.) What do you feel you need to improve on the most? 
I feel like I need to improve or watch my English, as its not my native language I need to make sure to pronounce words correctly.

(8.) How would having you on staff benefit our server and what sets you apart from the rest of the applicants? 
I am often on the server when there is 1 mod or even no moderators online, so I’m in a time zone where there are not that many moderators. Besides the time zone, I have already been staff on this server for very long, so I have the knowledge of the ulx and the sits.

(9.) Have you been staff/are currently on any other servers? If so, which ones? (List them if possible)  
I have been moderator and Admin on SBS Hogwarts RP

(10.) Have you ever been banned on any Garrys Mod/SBS servers? If yes, then please list when, how long, and the reason. 
I have been banned from some Dark RP servers, nothing major.

(11.) Are the Server staff or the players more important? Why? 
Players are more important in my opinion, without players there is no server to moderate and without a server there is nothing. So players are more important.

(12) How would you rate your skills overall out of 10 (EX: Patience, response time, etc) 
 Patience - 9 (I can be patient and wait for two sides of the story when in a sit)
Response time - 7 (My typing is not the fastest, but i will respond if you give me the time)
Communication - 9 (I feel like I can communicate good with other people)
ULX Knowledge – 9

(13.) If you do not know how to handle a situation in a mod-sit, what do you do? 
If this happens I would ask a fellow staff member to help me out. We can all learn from each other.

(14.) You understand and realize, that by applying for staff on the server also means, that you are sacrificing the complete freedom of being able to RP freely all the time without any interruptions, and are obligated to handle all server issues at hand no matter the situation? 
Yes I understand that.

(15.) Please make a list of all previous staff applications, a link to them, and the reason they were locked. If they were accepted, please give a short explanation of why you are no longer staff. (Disregard if this is your first application) 
https://starbystargaming.com/showthread.php?tid=1579 -  Locked because I was going on an extended leave.

Tommy you are very active, you are funny and kind to everyone.
I really enjoy RPing with you.
You know the rules and you have got a lot of experience in here so I think you deserve a shot.
+1

Seal Born

[Image: giphy.gif]

- Joined SBS HogwartsRP - March 2018 -
- Loyal Son of Bubsy Dragonfyre - May 2018 -
- Became VIP - June 2018 -
- Became Trial Moderator - 24th June 2019 -
- Became Full Moderator - July 2019 -
Expand Signature

Tbh ive been waiting for this app
All i gotta say is u was a great mod before and you'll always be great.also ur playing in my timezone and its dead most of the times.+1
[Image: giphy.gif?cid=19f5b51a5caf7fbd757067414d451e33]

ʷʰᵃᵗ ᶤˢ ᵈᵉᵃᵈ ᵐᵃʸ ᶰᵉᵛᵉʳ ᵈᶤᵉ
Expand Signature

you've waited to be active, you've been active, you know the rules, you've been in this positon before. really +1`
[Image: iAbQopj.png]
[Image: laBAnuq.png]
[Image: WzF3z0e.png]
Halo RP - 1LT Justin
Expand Signature

+1
You know the rules, you’re active, been prefecting and all that and in the past was a amazing staff member.
[Image: unknown.png]
Expand Signature

omg dad! i'm glad you're applying again, you know the server rules without a doubt and of course you were a past experienced moderator and i believe you were also an admin at one point, you're very nice even though you slap me ;-; but i give big +1
Dob Dob
A Free Elf!

typically there would be something else here like a quote or something but this is pretty much all I've got.
Expand Signature

I am actually really excited to see this application. I have seen you on the server a lot recently, and you've been working on your activity for awhile now. You report a lot when I see you, and you are quite helpful to others from what I have seen. I think you deserve a change +1.
[Image: test.gif]
Expand Signature

Yooo I knew you were going to apply and I’m hyped you finally did
+1 for obvious reasons, you are active, you enforce the rules, you make a name for yourself to get noticed, and show a great level of loyalty towards the server.
~Owner of the Hogwarts Defender, Dan The Ghost ,Forest Nymph and Auror Enforcer~

~Etlenor<3~

-Hogwarts Moderator since January 20th-

Rose the Auror,White Mage, Sibyl The Dragon, Hufflepuff Overwatch, Slytherin Overwatch,
Ravenclaw Overwatch, Gryffindor Overwatch, Gryffindor Head prefect, Dark Chancellor,
Frost The Dragon, Salem Witch, Dark Animagus Rogue, Daily Prophet Journalist,
Wizengamot Justice, Hogwarts Legend, The Faceless, Chopper The Dragon, Yogi, The Time Traveler,
Hufflepuff Horcrux, Tormented Pupil,

Expand Signature

We could use someone in EU timezones and tommy would be a perfect fit.
He has waiting to be active and make sure people are aware of his presence on the server which is omething I do respect.
He knows the rules well and is a very mature person.

+1 GL on your app tommy, hope to see you in this position.
[Image: san.png]

Expand Signature

Tommy was someone I looked up to as a role model when I first became staff.  His easy going attitude made him easy to approach and get along with.  I learned a lot about how to be a good staff member from him and Tyler Reffin.

That being said, his current actions on the server still reflect this to me.  He is still easy going and approachable.  He cares about the community and the server.  He also knows how to let people have fun, and maintains the balance between letting people have fun and enforcing the rules well.  He understands the rules very well, even certain nuances that can be confusing to some.

He took the time to get his activity to a decent level before applying.  He didn't just expect to come back and be handed a position based on his past merits.  That to me shows his dedication and perseverance.

All in all, Tommy is an excellent applicant and deserves another shot on the team.  +1
-Signature Removed | 16 Year Suspension. You may put a new signature up on 4/14/2035 5:27 am EST-
"Imagine Power Gaming because your RP son got pissed on"
Expand Signature