Alistair's GM Application V3

(1.) What is your SteamID and your Steam URL?

(1a) What is your most recent ingame name?

Alistair White-Sanguis, formerly Blackwood

2.) What Timezone do you live in?

GMT+2

(2a) Please put what times you are most active in CST (Chicago US), so the managers know when they can expect to see you.

11am - 5pm CST (4pm-10pm GMT)

(3.) How old are you?

(4.) When did you first join our server and how did you discover it?

Watched a Youtube video of CallMeKevin playing HogwartsRP in August of 2017, looked into it myself after I found out something like this exists.

(4a) How can we be sure you will stay active and loyal (with your time) to Star by Star?

This might be a valid concern for many, seeing how I was inactive for half a year and I would like to address it. I left because of several reasons, some personal, but also because I had some issue with the frequency of updates, etc. Fortunately, my personal life has calmed down quite a bit, leaving me with more spare time again and I was very pleased to see some actual changes having happened to HogwartsRP, like the Prestige System, Homework, etc., all in all I don’t feel like the server is abandoned by the owner anymore, like I did when I left. (also I just dropped a lot of money on a custom and I ain’t gonna let that go to waste)

(4b) Do you understand you can be let go at ANY time for inactivity?

I understand completely and will give a leave of absence or step down, should I not have sufficient time any longer

(5.) Do you understand and agree to not only comply with, but also enforce the rules of the Server when necessary?

I understand and agree

(5a) When listing the rules please explain what they mean to show that you understand them.

List Rules below:

1: No FailRP
Do not break your character or do stuff that your character would not do, as for example suiciding, an Auror killing a student, students risking their lives and running into a graveyard full of known Death Eaters for no reason, etc.

2: No disrespectful, offensive or hateful speech against others

Simple, respect everyone, do not discriminate against anyone for their skin color, voice, origin, etc., do not call people the F or N word or any other discriminatory slur except “Hufflepuff”.

3: No RDM
Do not kill people unless you have a roleplay reason, such as lockdown, fighting at the pitch, stopping a snatcher, etc.

4: Obey staff and RP leaders

Pretty simple, do as your RP leaders tell you, e.g. if a teacher tells you to arrest someone as a prefect, arrest them, if PTS is active, do not talk, etc. However, an RP leader cannot override server rules so if an RP leader gives an order that is in conflict with that (e.g. go arrest the entire class cause it’s funny, or go kill that fellow student) don’t do it.

Also obviously do as staff tells you, if staff tells you to stop micspamming, you better do it or you’ll have to live with the consequences.

5: No Freespelling

Don’t cast any harmful spells for no reason, for example knocking out a teacher with Stupefy, attempting to kill a student with verdimilious, etc.

6: No meta-gaming

Do not use any knowledge your character could not have to your advantage (for example calling out a snatcher that is not revealed).

7: Do not Micspam or Chatspam
Don’t scream into your mic or play music and just don’t spam.

8: Advert is for RP purposes only
Don’t advert that you were RDM’d, that you’re looking for a daddy or anything else that is not an RP reason. Examples for an RP reason: giving points as a teacher, claiming the pitch, calling students into your office, etc.

9: No ERP
Don’t do anything sexual basically, don’t make slurping noises while pushing your face into peoples crotches, don’t use sexual language and don’t RP any sexual situations.

10: Do not avoid the AFK system/map exploit

Do not use stuff like console commands to keep yourself moving in game while you are afk so you don’t get kicked by the automatic 20 minute timer, or use any bugs that prevent you from being kicked while away.

(5b) Expain what the term "minge" means, when referring to a player on the server

Outside of Gmod you would refer to them as trolls, basically people ruining other people’s experiences, breaking RP, micspamming, all that fun stuff.

(6.) Tell us about yourself and why you want to be staff on SBS? (100 words or less)

Well hello everybody that doesn’t know me, I am Alistair, I am currently an office slave and I enjoy playing HogwartsRP in my spare time because I am a nerd. I’ve noticed quite a lack of GM’s (or Staff in general sometimes) in the times that I play in and would like to contribute to making the server feel more active and fun.

(7.) What do you feel you need to improve on the most?

There is quite a bit I could improve on, but I would say mostly I would probably have to work on managing people and my authority.

(8.) How would having you on staff benefit our server and what sets you apart from the rest of the applicants?

I believe I am a pretty creative person that could create not only fun events, but also fun distractions and passiveRP, that makes everything feel more lively and gives people a purpose when they play as opposed to BenchRPing all day. 

(9.) Have you been staff/are currently on any other servers? If so, which ones? (List them if possible)

Nyet

(10.) Have you ever been banned on any Garrys Mod/SBS servers? If yes, then please list when, how long, and the reason.

Nein

(11.) Are the Server staff or the players more important? Why?

That’s a tough one. I do not believe any one should be treated better or worse than the other, staff ultimately are players that want to enjoy their time as well. It is important the right people are Staff, as the wrong people could have a very bad influence on the server. However, the same goes for players. You need to weed out the bad ones, that are only here to minge and troll. Ultimately I think it is important that every player, be they staff or not, have an enjoyable time on the server.

(12.) How would you rate your skills overall out of 10 (EX: Patience, Communication, etc)

Patience – 9

Communication – 7

Building – 7

Honesty – 9

Fairness – 9

Helpfulness – 9

Leadership – 8

Running into Avadas that weren’t even aimed at me - 9001

(13.) How familiar on a scale of 1 to 10 are you with Garrys Mod Sandbox tools?

6-7, I’m a bit rusty but I am sure I could get back into it quickly

(14.) Give us a couple of detailed examples of an event you would use and how you would proceed with them

Wicked Witch

A mysterious hut has appeared inside the forest. A strange trail of candy is leading up to it. Many a student has been seen following this trail and never return. As the rumors spread, Dumbledore decides to investigate the strange occurrences in the woods, only to discover his students, are students no more. Turned into grotesque beasts they roam the woods, attacking friend and foe alike, only obeying the witch of the forest. In cooperation with the ministry, he manages to detain one of the beasts from the forest, studying it in the school and devising a treatment to restore the beast to its former human self. As Dumbledore hosts a Great Hall to inform everyone about what is happening and how to cure them a concerning report comes in. The horde of beasts, led by the witch, is marching on the castle…

(Quick) Breakdown:

A hut, with a trail of candy leading to it will be spawned in the dark forest (most likely the pit of blood, as there’s hardly space elsewhere). Anyone who enters said hut will be stunned and turned into a beast (have yet to decide which model to use), receiving some form of melee weapon (likely claws, will have to be tested). Once enough beasts have been converted, Dumbledore will be informed. There will be a short meeting held between any free Hogwarts staff and all Ministry employees.

Select Aurors will be momentarily given cuffs and sent on a mission to capture one of the beasts of the forest (Beasts are not permitted to leave the forest at this point but can attack anyone in the forest). Once successfully captured they will have to bring it to the infirmary, where it will be briefly RP studied by the Matron and then turned back into a student. A great Hall will follow, where Dumbledore explains how to safely turn them back into humans. Once everything essential has been said, a report will come in that the horde is marching on the school.

A lockdown will be put into place and the Light side will have to defend the school, however there is a twist. All Aurors, and potentially teachers, will receive cuffs to detain the beasts. All detained beasts will have to be brought to the infirmary where, once stepping inside they will be cured. Killing the beasts should be avoided at all costs as their power will transfer to all other beasts making them even more powerful (most likely increased speed and health). The more beasts die, the more powerful the rest, and the witch, will become, to a point where they’ll be completely unkillable.

The witch will be goded for as long as the beasts are alive, once all beasts are gone, the witch will become mortal again and will have to be killed to win.

Should the witch be killed the event will end and a post event GH will be held, mourning the fallen, etc. If the witch is not killed within a specified amount of time or Dumbledore dies the school will be deemed as overrun and the Ministry will begin to evacuate the school. For this purpose, several magical barriers will be erected by the ministry, protecting the way to the dorms. All surviving students will have to gather up in their respective dorms where their house teacher (DADA for Slytherin, Transfig for Gryffindor, Charms for Ravenclaw and Herbology for Hufflepuff) will lead them to the docks.

On the way several beasts might be encountered and will have to be dealt with. Once all houses reach the docks the evacuation will be complete, and Hogwarts lost. An Elite Force of Aurors will be sent to sweep the school in RP and students will be able to return shortly after. If the Headmaster died during the event he might be reskinned into a different model for some amount of time, as well, he died.

Annotations:

I am aware this is a rather ambitious event and a lot of staff, preferably another GM as well, might be needed to coordinate everything properly. Another problem might be that Dark Forces have no part in this, so they might receive the option of being turned into a beast, swapping onto a Hogwarts role or just sit in the Dark Forest and sulk as I have no plans of letting them enter the school during this LD, since it might become very messy. Another issue might be balancing and finding the right amount of people to turn into beasts so both sides have an actual chance. People might find the event too unbalanced if enough beasts are killed, as they will be overpowered should that happen. Any beasts dying, will be dead permanently, meaning they will be turned back into a student once dead. And as always students might become angry since they ain’t getting spells or homework for a while.

The Prince of the Forest

The Prince of the Forest has gone missing and the dwellers of the Forest are in dismay. He has been cursed and forced into a human form. Having forgotten who he is, he is now somewhere in Hogwarts, turning back into his true form ever so often, when no one is looking. Unable to control his powers in his animal form he turns any student that is caught alone with him into animals themselves. Once this is noticed by Hagrid a school-wide search for the prince commences. The prince could be anyone and it will have to be deducted who he is. Once it is known who he is, he will have to be convinced to go back to the Forest, and once returned, the cursed students will return to their normal selves.

Annotations:

Classes will progress as normal, furrified students might be allowed to continue to go to class and pick up their homework, to not cause a riot. The prince may not be confronted in his animal form, should a spell be cast on him, the wrath of the forest will deal with the attacker (A beast, maybe a player, will spawn and kill the attacker).

Should Expelliarmus be cast on the prince in animal form it will be counted as FailRP and players doing that will probably receive a ban for the duration of the event. Should the prince be killed, for any reason whatsoever (which really shouldn’t be happening), the wrath of the forest will fall on Hogwarts, making any students that are turned into animals hostile, as well as more beasts spawning that will attack.

Dark Forces can of course use this distraction to invade as well. The prince will be a normal student, with an animagus swep, who will be briefed thoroughly on what to do and not to do. Before he turns his name will be changed to Prince of the Forest and back to his student name when he turns back.

His name, or the message that pops up when it gets changed may not be used as an indicator for who the prince is, as it would be metagaming. Once someone has figured out who the prince is it will have to be reported to Hagrid, and proper reasoning given as to how they figured it out, and then the prince will be confronted about it.

He will have to be convinced to return to the Forest on their own (again prince will be given instructions on how he can be convinced) and once back the event will end.

An ancient god

Ancient secrets lie at the bottom of the Black Lake, secrets long forgotten and terrifying. By chance the Dark Lord stumbles upon an ancient book, holding promises of unlimited power. Blinded by this he gathers all his forces, occupying the lake, erecting fortifications in the process. Holding a ritual, described in the book at the very bottom of the lake, something he did not anticipate happens. A being, more ancient than humanity itself appears, corrupting the foolish Lord and his followers in the process. Some would call this being a god, other would call it a demon straight from the depths of hell. It’s arrival sensed by every living being, but more so the more sensible one is to magic. As the most powerful wizard in existence, Albus Dumbledore, realizes what has been awoken from it’s long sleep, even he must muster great courage to not despair. Realizing this being could not only mean the end for Hogwarts, but the world as we know it entirely, he consults with Kingsley Shacklebolt. Meanwhile the being slowly marches on Hogwarts. Magical barriers are immediately erected, making it impossible to get inside or out. But how long can a magical barrier hold back a literal god? Kingsley and his forces plan an attack on the corrupted forces of the former Dark Lord and hope to find some way to defeat this being at the lake. The book, that was used to summon the being also holds the key to defeating it. Will they find it’s weakness before the world envelops entirely in darkness?

(Quick) Breakdown:

Dark Forces will summon the being at the lake, all of the Dark Forces will then be coloured and possibly given different models. RP chain of command will go as follows during the event: Ancient being à Voldemort àAll other DF. They will be commanded to defend the lake, as the being knows the secret to its weakness lies at its bottom.

A barrier will be erected around Hogwarts. The being will slowly march on Hogwarts, attempting to break said barrier. The barrier will break after a certain amount of time. Meanwhile the Aurors will have to take the book from the Dark Lord.  NLR will be in effect for Dark Forces, however if they die they may move to the school to support their master.

Once they have it, they will be told that they will have to summon the keeper of the Lake at the bottom of the Lake. Details of the summoning will be specified later. Once summoned he will take whoever summoned him to a different realm and explain thoroughly how to banish the demon and equip him with a special power then return him to the realm of mortals.

It will be up to this Auror to share this knowledge with his comrades and defeat the being. Meanwhile once the being has broken through and entered Hogwarts it will wipe out anyone not kneeling to it and accepting it as its sole lord. Students will be free to submit to its will and join it, those who do not, or even attack, will be killed by the being. Any people that submitted to it will have to follow the commands of the being. Hogwarts Staff and Ministry peeps may not submit.

Anyone not willing to submit will have to hide in the castle, as the being is immortal (a special resistance might be formed by Dumbledore or McGonnagal, adverting for any students willing to resist to gather in a certain place in the school). Once the Aurors have the secret to defeating the demon, any non-corrupted people may assist in the fight, fending off the being and its minion as the plan to banish it is put into motion. Any student that submitted, that dies, will respawn as a normal student. Corrupted students may only attack after an explicit order by the being, acting on their own will be punished by death from the being. Once the being is banished a short celebration might be held, since you know, the world didn’t end.

Tower of Power

An ancient legend tells of a Tower, holding the key to great power, appearing every 5000 years. Neither its insides, nor its origins are known for no one that has entered ever left…

Would you look at that, is that a giant tower in the Quidditch pitch?

Also this

I will probably be adding more events to this, if I get inspiration for more events that I feel would fit in this application.

Apart from these large-scale event ideas, I will, of course, also be doing quite a bit of passive RP stuff, small distractions around the school and mini-events that don’t involve the entire server.

(15.) Do you have any experience using ULX or building on Garry's Mod?

I do

(16.) You understand and realize, that by applying for staff on the server also means, that you are sacrificing the complete freedom of being able to RP freely all the time without any interruptions, and are obligated to handle all server issues at hand no matter the situation?

I understand completely and have no issue with that

(17.) Please make a list of all previous staff applications, a link to them, and the reason they were locked. If they were accepted, please give a short explanation of why you are no longer staff. (Disregard if this is your first application)

I am unable to link them, due to the old forums being gone, I made 2 previous GM applications though, the first one in October I believe, got locked after 30 days, the second one in November got accepted.
[Image: VXj7eZF.png]

Easiest +1 I can give. Alistair not only was phenomenal in the past, but he knew what he was doing. Alistair was also an exquisite builder and I encourage staff to peak into his dupe folder to see what I mean. You had good management skills for specific events (don't want to name any since I may confuse some with another past GM). You were a great GM but now onto the present. I've noticed your return for some time and I was waiting for another app to come up. Your ideas are fresh and well planned. Also he is in a time zone that needs some GM love.
[Image: fuOocFm.jpg]
History:
-Joined Hogwarts Late September of 2016
-Joined Forums 27 June 2017
-Hogwarts Trial Gamemaker 14 October 2017
-Hogwarts Full Gamemaker 19 December 2017
-Hogwarts Trial Admin 25 February 2018
-Hogwarts Full Admin 25 March 2018
-Hogwarts Server Manager 20 November 2018

(08-10-2018, 05:37 PM)Michael Classicius Wrote: Easiest +1 I can give. Alistair not only was phenomenal in the past, but he knew what he was doing. Alistair was also an exquisite builder and I encourage staff to peak into his dupe folder to see what I mean. You had good management skills for specific events (don't want to name any since I may confuse some with another past GM). You were a great GM but now onto the present. I've noticed your return for some time and I was waiting for another app to come up. Your ideas are fresh and well planned. Also he is in a time zone that needs some GM love.

I agree wholeheartedly! An easy +1 from me bud!
Arcan stormwind
A.K.A The Superior Pokemon Trainer
[Image: giphy.gif]

Huguh Mungus +1 
Pls dont call the SJW Police on me for this 

Alistair is easily one of the best GMs this server ever had amazing event ideas and there where allways well set up and fun to particapte in. Also friendly, Active, Mature and bla bla bla i think my point is clear the Staff team would defently benefit from having Alistair back as GM! 

Good luck with you're Application 
~Joined 9/8/2017
~Formerly known as Shine Amor Crow aka you're friendly Neighborhood Dragon

[Image: tenor.gif?itemid=10028557]
~In my restless dreams, I see that town so silent in the hills...You promised me you'd take me there again some dayBut you never did...
[Image: giphy.gif]

+1 you are active and you were a great GM. However I must warn you that the reason why you left is not only present but stronger than ever, so keep that in mind. Good luck though :)
-Smooches your Headmaster & Dark Lord,
Kory Savage ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Joined SBS on the 28th of August 2017.
Joined the forums on the 23rd of October 2017.
Whitelisted to Yogi on the 5th of November 2017.
Got V.I.P on the 6th of December 2017.
Became an adept on the forums on the 24th of December 2017.
Whitelisted to Slytherin Overwatch on the 7th of January 2018.
Accepted as Trial Moderator on the 8th of January 2018.
Accepted as Full Moderator on the 22nd of January 2018.
Did my first even as a temp-GM on the 9th of February 2018.
Resigned from Moderator on the 11th of June.

[Image: fd15384303cce715.png]

+1, we need more GMs, and I totally believe you have what it takes to be a GM. Don't worry about your building skills being "rusty" you will pick all that up in no-time. Plus, I love CANDY (for your event idea). I am excited to see your events come to life!
[Image: dumb.gif]

+1

You used to build some really cool things and conduct some passive RP (Thunderbirds). It's been really good to see you back again and you cover a really good timezone. I have no doubts that you have what it takes to be a Gamemaker, the best applicant currently.

Good luck!
[Image: trN9m8M.png]
[Image: Y0wrZiW.png]

+1
You were a great GM during your time, a great builder and knows how to plan his event before hand.
Before applying this applicant has significantly picked up his activity and has been active on the server for about a month since his return. 
Your asset and experience from your past will indeed benefit the staff team along with the server! Good luck my dear son.
[Image: LwbWRqp.png]
[Image: LfmDV0r.gif]
Head of the Sanguis Family
Lord of the New Dark Force
1st Gamemaker run on Oct 29th 2017
Resigned as Gamemaker on Jan 18th 2018
2nd Gamemaker run on 25th March 2018
2nd Resignation on 9th September 2018

+1

You were a good GM in the past - I'm sure you'd be just as good now.
| Leader of the Delaires |  Leo's Aries | Dark Chancellor | Shadowed Acolyte | The Heir of Slytherin |
[Image: miraleo.gif]
[Image: coollogo_com-7423641.png]

[Image: 30mlfs7.png]

[Image: e2Nq3w3.png]
(The egrill GMs are going to fucking kill me if I keep this up)
+1
You have my unfettered support ^-^
The events suggested here are drastically more innovative (well, slightly more innovative I guess) and DEFINITELY more unique than other suggestions I've seen across applicants during my times. I'm going to sit on my high horse and say you should've included some sort of artwork or pictures, but whatever. These are neat. I want to see this

*Esp, the last one, it's not just 'Oooh NPCs, a dude with a bunch of health! Attacc!' so +1 for innovation. I wouldn't be unhappy if this happened.

EDIT: To current voters, note you are not supposed to vote on the basis of 'Oh you did well before, you should come back that'd be lit', you need to have something else! Anything else! Like 'In the past few weeks you've ... *done something good*' or something. Something!
Heart ravenclawPride The epitome of the light forces  ravenclawPride Heart 
“But I shall not have strength to carry out this resolution alone unless you join in it with me, 
as I now invite you to do: I know that your support will be unfailingly given."
[Image: eQUIUi1.png]