Lydia's Gamemaker Application V.2

Before you evaluate this application, I have a couple things to say. Yes, I failed my gm trial, and it was solely due to immaturity and lack of events. While both of these are true, I have realized the concequences of my actions and wish to explain why I had not put on events at the time while other staff members were on.
At the time of my trial period, I was going through a very hard time. I felt too self conscious to hold events in front of any staff member, whether they were my close friend or not.  Truth be told, I regret my actions more than anything, which is why I am asking for a second chance. I understand if you believe it is too early to apply, and if the staff team sees fit, they can hold my application for a couple weeks to decide on. After I failed my trial, I was very disappointed in myself. But I really hope this time I can show the maturity I know I have to become a full gamemaker.
When I was a gamemaker, I found it so enjoyable to make people happy with my builds and events. I really hope I can continue to do so, and when you leave your reply, please do not hesitate to leave any criticism you have towards me. 
Thank you for reading <3

(1.) What is your SteamID? - 
STEAM_0:0:152067635

(1a) What is your most recent ingame name? - 
❅Lydia Snow❅

(1b) What is your current year level in-game? (MUST be 7th to apply.) -
 I am currently  ❅Sixth Year, Sixth prestige!❅

(2.) What Timezone do you live in? - 
 MDT, otherwise known as ❅Mountain Daylight Time❅

(2a) Please put what times you are most active in CST (Chicago US), so the managers know when they can expect to see you. - 
❅ Since it is now summer, I will be active nearly all day, In CST that is aproximately 11 am to 7-8 pm.❅

(3.) How old are you? - 
 ❅16 years old!

(4.) When did you first join our server and how did you discover it? - 

I found this server through a close friend, who I believe found it from a popular youtuber named ❅CallMeKevin❅

(4a) How can we be sure you will stay active and loyal (with your time) to Star by Star? - 

❅ I have already shown my loyalty by being an active moderator. Although if you have any doubts about my loyalty, please pm me! I do not have any bad intentions towards this server, and do not plan on leaving anytime soon. My activity is hardly ever affected. I rarely travel, and being home alone all summer, I find myself constantly staffing on the server.❅

(4b) Do you understand you can be let go at ANY time for inactivity? - 
 ❅Yes, of course! I wouldnt expect anything else.❅

(5.) Do you understand and agree to not only comply with, but also enforce the rules of the Server when necessary? - 
 ❅I completely understand, and already carry out these actions as a moderator.❅

(5a) When listing the rules please explain what they mean to show that you understand them.
 List Rules below:

❅Rules❅

❅No Fail roleplay~❅
Failroleplay is carrying out the act of something non-Rp-friendly, in an otherwise rp situation. Actions such as entering the graveyard as a student counts as fail rp, as the graveyard in lore is seen as a frightening place,  students would typically avoid it.

❅Hatespeech and Disrespect to other players is prohibited~❅
This rule simply eliminates the factor of bullying on this server, as you can be banned for making racist/homophobic/transphobic comments towards other players. This server is a very diverse place, and we would like to keep it as a safe space for people to escape their real lives. But, when other students are using offensive terms towards them, it does not allow them to feel safe on this server.

❅No Random Deathmatch~❅
Random Deathmatch is the act of shooting or using damaging sweps towards an unknowing player, usually killing them in the process. Spells such as Verdimillious, Mostro,Protego,Avada Kedavra and others can be used to damage players, and sweps such as swords, claws and slapping players into the air. (This will be labelled as slapper abuse, but in some cases can fall under RDM.)

❅Obey Staff and RP Leaders~❅
Staff are only here to guide you in the right direction, so listening to them will be very useful. Same goes for Roleplay leaders, if a teacher for example is asking you to sit down and stop talking, you must comply or risk being arrested by a nearby prefect. Prefects, however, also have to follow their rp leaders requests. If a teacher orders them to arrest a disrupting student, they must. 

❅No Mass Freespelling~❅
This rule was mostly put in place for prefects to control students/players in general from shooting spells at other. Freespelling is simply just using spells such as Stupefy,Everte Statum, Etc.  However, Using spells such as speedom, spongify, confetti charm and other movement spells do not count, this rule simply focuses on spells that cause annoyance to other players.

❅No Metagaming~❅
Metagaming is the act of taking out of character information into an rp scenario. This, gives you an unfair advantage. Such examples are as follows.
Killing a snatcher without them revealing themselves.
Announcing in ooc that you are snatched and need saving.

❅Do not Mic/Chat spam~❅
Chat spamming is the act of typing the same, or slightly different message in chat over and over again just to spam the chat box. Mic spamming, is the act of playing music or making loud, obnoxious noises through your mic. Both can land you with a kick if you refuse to stop.

❅Do not Fail Advert~
The /advert command is to be used for rp situations only, such as needing a teacher for a classroom, selling a snatch, and announcing a dark force as revealed.
Inappropriate use of this command would include any sentences or statements that would otherwise
be put in ooc.

❅No Erotic Roleplay~
Erotic Roleplay is the act of doing an action which includes very sexual innuendos, or straight up doing inappropriate things using the /me command. We prefer to keep this server semi family friendly, so doing these actions
can get you in trouble.

❅Do not avoid the AFK System/Map Exploit~
Avoiding the AFK system counts as scripting your game as to move while you are not physically moving your mouse
or keys. This allows you to avoid the system put in place, which kicks you after 20 minutes of inactivity. 
Map Exploiting is the act of taking advantage of map glitches and bugs. An example of this would be placing galleons
underneath the barrels in the hufflepuff dorms, not allowing the door to open.

(5b) Expain what the term "minge" means, when referring to a player on the server - 

A minge is a player with no intent to rp, and has a terrible mind set in that they only want
to ruin the experience of others.

(6.) Tell us about yourself and why you want to be staff on SBS? (100 words or less) - 

Hello, I am Lydia Snow. I am a moderator here on Hogwarts, and you will often seeing me play as my custom
"Hogwarts Defender". The reason I want the position of gamemaker again, is because of how happy I made
people with my builds. Every wedding, every pvp event, every fashion show, it brought joy across the server.
And thats what I enjoy doing, I just want to make this server a fun place for everybody to enjoy,
whether it is just my stupid unicorn events, my courtyard dupes, or my large scale events,
each one sparks joy in one student or another.

(7.) What do you feel you need to improve on the most? - 

I definitely need to improve on confidence. These past few months have been very hard for me, in that I had been going through
a very rough patch. But, now that I am out and doing much better, my goal is to improve on this even more than I already have.

(8.) How would having you on staff benefit our server and what sets you apart from the rest of the applicants? - 

I am not going to type up several sentences stating how "amazing" I am or "how much I deserve this position", because
ultimately, how good I am does not depend on my own opinions and views of myself. But, when asked what sets me apart, I simply say, my loyalty. 2 days ago marked my 1 year anniversary for this server, and in that 1 year of playing, I have never 
felt an urge to leave or minge around. 

(9.) Have you been staff/are currently on any other servers? If so, which ones? (List them if possible) - 

I am only staff on HWRP.

(10.) Have you ever been banned on any Garrys Mod/SBS servers? If yes, then please list when, how long, and the reason. -

Once, as I have stated in my previous applications. I had panicked after killing one of my friends as a dragon,
and disconnected out of worry. Once I had returned, I never repeated my actions , and never plan to again.

(11.) Are the Server staff or the players more important? Why? - 

In the end, staff are simply just players with responsibilities. So, I believe the player base is more important.
The players are keeping the server running, as without them, staff would not be needed.

(12.) How would you rate your skills overall out of 10 (EX: Patience, Communication, etc) - 

Patience~ 9/10. One of my most valued skills. As a dance teacher I am forced to use
this skill in my everyday life, so it is constantly improving.

Communication~ 10/10. I always announce when I am leaving the server, when I am going afk,
and when I am back from being afk.

Kindness~7.5/10. Though I have had some issues with a couple players, I have reached out to them and 
apologized for my actions. but from here on out, I will hopefully prove to be the nicest version to myself.

Organization~ 8/10. As a previous trial gm, my events hardly ever went as planned. But, I was always able to
save them by adding a "plot twist" or a battle sequence. 

(13.) How familiar on a scale of 1 to 10 are you with Garrys Mod Sandbox tools? - 

I'd personally say 8-9/10. I am just unfamiliar with very technical tools.

(14.) Give us a couple of detailed examples of an event you would use and how you would proceed with them - 

Hufflepuff Hierarchy

The Hogwarts house of Hufflepuff has always been treated like the odd one out. Each student placed in this house has received much bullying from the other houses, due to them being the "weaklings" of the school. Though, Cedric Diggory has an issue with all this bias against his house. He plans on filling the school with banners, flowers, blankets and rugs all from Hufflepuff, and forcing the students to bow down to Hufflepuffs. The students must apologize and convince Cedric before his plans get out of hand, and the hufflepuffs begin harming the other students as "revenge". Will they be able to convince him? Or will the Hufflepuffs rule the school from now on?

Krummy Hands

Victor Krum has been transferred to Hogwarts, due to being expelled from an accident involving incendio burning down the entire west wing. Though, at his arrival, items begin to go missing. Socks, shoes, rings, necklaces, books, you name it. The students begin suspecting that Krum has been "borrowing" their items, but cannot bring it to Dumbledores attention without proof. So, the students must spy on Krum and use magical devices to gather proof on him borrowing their items; though, there is much more to Krums plans than what meets the eye.

The Trade

All seems normal in the school; students going to class, aurors fighting the dark forces, until Dumbledore announces that they will be moving their studies to the school of bremeguard.  No student understands why they are suddenly moving without warning, until a theory is passed around the prefects, which Harry overhears and spreads to the rest of the students. The rumor states that Dumbledore has lost the deed to the school, and has ended up in the hands of none other than Cornelius Fudge. The students must travel across bremeguard to the place of which Fudge's office is, and find a way to get inside without the guards noticing. Will the students be able to find out why they were suddenly transferred? Or  will they be stuck there forever..

Training Days

Every week, one day is chosen to test the capabilities of the students who wish to become aurors. Three students will be chosen each day and will be thrown against monsters captured in the forbidden forest. The last student standing will get a certificate of achievement, allowing them in the auror forces once they complete their studies at Hogwarts.

The Irresistable

A young maiden, more beautiful than all the women in the land, attends day school at hogwarts. Having not been placed in a house by the sorting hat, she sleeps in a cabin outside of the school walls. Of course, being so breathtaking, the students begin to fall under a trance, and act as if slaves to her beauty. The ministry begins to suspect their is more to her than meets the eye, and conducts a search party to investigate her cabin. As they scour through her belongings, they find cuffs. Lots of them. The ministry is overwhelmed by their findings, and leaves the building immediately. Though, little do they know, that she has eyes everywhere, and will be planning her revenge against hogwarts.

The Warriors Of Neuguard

A long time ago, before Hogwarts was just a mere idea in someones head, Neuguard was a village across from an area now known as Hogsmeade. Though an unfortunate fire had struck the village, and it was said that all had died, besides the loyal warriors who had been on patrol at the time of the fire. They had travelled far along the forest line until coming across a dark cabin inhabiting the one they must not name. Voldemort took the warriors and promised them immortal hearts if he would be able to use them in his branch of war. Voldemort disguised them as journalists, though allowing them weaponry to use at the right time. The warriors trained and taught themselves dark magic to use against the light forces. The students give into the disguises, and believe the ministry is simply doing a news article on their school. 

Passive RP

~Journalist Carlie Rose is ordered to spend a week at Hogwart and do a report on 10 different students or faculty members. Each will tell of their favourite memory at the school, a tip for first years and something they wish was different about the school.

~The florist of Hogsmeade visits! But she seems to be acting out, very strangely. The flowers she hands out begin causing students to pass out, as if there was a chemical put in them to do so.

~The astronomy tower is on fire! Crabbe and Goyle were fighting each other using Incendio, and lit the tower ablaze! Students must use aguamenti to attempt to put it out!

~Explorer and zoologist Parker Brown is forced to make an unscheduled stop at Hogwarts, as he has caught the flu. While he spends his hours in the infirmary, his pet spider, Snowcake, stays in the inner courtyard for observing. One night, during a power outage, the spider escapes and begins searching for students in the dark.

Builds~
[Image: 17708D0F186006C087D0CC8B3B11DDD3EFF5C6BF]
[Image: 7D794394EBBAA20A33AB0B79259374CF6B82B5D4]
[Image: 672325319FF8F2A2C20AF09E76B679495A04E4CF]
[Image: F2D7361AD8B6960B68CA0C5D587170B3AA7F8CD2]

(15.) Do you have any experience using ULX or building on Garry's Mod? - 
I personally have a lot of experience, I spend a lot of time in sandbox building, and being a moderator already, I have history using ulx.

(16.) You understand and realize, that by applying for staff on the server also means, that you are sacrificing the complete freedom of being able to RP freely all the time without any interruptions, and are obligated to handle all server issues at hand no matter the situation? - 

Completely, as a staff member I have already given this up, and doing is as a gamemaker will be no different.

(17.) Please make a list of all previous staff applications, a link to them, and the reason they were locked. If they were accepted, please give a short explanation of why you are no longer staff. (Disregard if this is your first application) -

HWRP Gamemaker~ Locked after being opened for 30 days
HWRP Moderator~ Locked after being opened for 30 days
HWRP Moderator~ Accepted
HWRP Gamemaker~ Accepted
Forum Admin Application~ Requested thread lock

the
Hogwarts
Defender
Expand Signature

Heart 
Obvious +1 your builds are beautiful, your events are creative, and you're just all around a lovely human being. I'm really glad you applied again because I have gotten to watch you build and come up with event ideas in sandbox and it's magical. You have so much talent and creativity  Heart
"What the fuck do we have in this world except for moments with each other?"
[Image: molly.gif]
(Guy and Zubey call me Areola)
Expand Signature

When you was trial I didn't see you do more than 1 event.
When you stepped down/didn't pass trail you said "It wasn't for you". I'm kind of confused on why you reapplied.
If you would do more events or something for the server to do and not get mad when they ask for it then I can give you a neutral.
But for now i'm going to give a -1

Edit - After reading your response I thought that was the case when you didn't pass trail, Just didn't want to jump to conclusions.
We really do need GM's right now, i'm gonna change it to a neutral leaning towards a +1. Hoping for some fun events in the future, don't let me down lyd Kappa
[Image: sketch_San_micha1.png]
[Image: giphy.gif]
Hogwarts - San Mercy-Heart
Clonewars - CS 1987 San

Expand Signature

To be honest, I think being a Gamemaker suits you better than moderator, even tho you're a hell of a good one. 

Your builds are amazing, you are amazingly creative and your honesty in the beginning of your application shows that you seem ready for this position.

Huge +1

[Image: 76561198152859708.png][Image: AddFriend.png]

[Image: Thonas_6.png?width=684&height=513]
Expand Signature

@San Mercy

The reason I had stated it "wasn't for me" was because at the time I had just failed trial and was too embarassed to state so. I completely understand where your concerns come from, and Will definitely do my best to improve! I never truly got angry per say towards a player if they had requested an event, but I definitely could have handled it much better. And yes, my events were very spaced out. I spent more time building than I ever did doing events, and now that I know the heavy consequences of doing so, I will not repeat my actions. Though I do not expect a +1 or a neutral from you, I just ask if I may have a second chance :). I am so sorry if I came off as aggressive back in my trial period, as I had stated, I was going through a tough time. Though this does not exclude my actions, I would like to publicly apologize for those I was rude to in that time period. 

I hope this explains everything! 
Also, thank you for your honest vote, I really do appreciate it.
the
Hogwarts
Defender
Expand Signature

Lydia did a wonderful job as a gm, she was the most active gm i believe, she always made good events , her bulding ideas were soooo creative, i always loved to watch her build stuff, it was more entertaining than the game actually, Lydia is always great at her job, Great mod , Great GM.
What a wonderful staff member.HUGE +1 
[Image: giphy.gif?cid=19f5b51a5caf7fbd757067414d451e33]

ʷʰᵃᵗ ᶤˢ ᵈᵉᵃᵈ ᵐᵃʸ ᶰᵉᵛᵉʳ ᵈᶤᵉ
Expand Signature

1+
You have good builds and seem to have cool event ideas. 

I don't see you but that doesn't matter, because I don't play when your on.

#CoolBeans
[Image: Signiture.png]
[Image: tumblr_luxv0pb5CS1r4xjo2o1_500.gif]
Stop Stupifying me when I prefect please.
Expand Signature

Neutral 
I have very little confidence.

During your first shot at Gamemaker you were plainly inadequate from my observations.
That is, you were failing to carry out obligations. Even though GMs don't really have that many, when you think about it.

(07-11-2019, 04:45 PM)Lydia Snow Wrote: Failed my gm trial ... due to immaturity and lack of events. While both of these are true, I have realized the concequences of my actions and wish to explain why I had not put on events at the time while other staff members were on.

That being said, these event ideas are delightful.
Very refreshing.

Quite frankly, I'd prefer an applicant be accepted based on the originality of their ideas more than anything else.
But I am not convinced, at least for now, that giving you a second chance would result in much difference, as those few times I did see you,
I saw nothing amazing. Gamemakers can always learn though. My first events did not go very well either.
I wish I was able to work more closely with you, doing events cooperatively to show you how to best 'organize' people, giving instructions etc.
[Image: mA3t8Lx.png]
Expand Signature

+1 better than Gina
                                                                                                     I'm mostly always constantly a variable.

[Image: mw9jjn.jpg]
Expand Signature

Neutral

Your application is fine, but what I do want is to go over some of the gripes regarding your last trial GM. It's just something I want to bring to light so you can work on those shortcomings if you are given another shot.

Events - A lot of the times I see event ideas on applications, but usually none or one gets done at all during trial. Events are something I would recommend any GM get used to doing, because you will be challenged on what to do if something goes wrong, by adapting to keep the show going.

Buildings - I get that building different unique setups is a part of the fun, but we have to understand that there needs to be some sort of respectable passive rp towards these buildings. I am not talking about the builds on your application, those are very fine. Just mostly less of the randomness of ooc or non roleplay buildings.

Activity - You are not required to be on the server as much as a moderator, but you are required to have events done once in awhile, and of course, enhance role play when you do come on. That's pretty straightforward.

If you need help don't be afraid to ask for it, good luck Lydia
[Image: RyteLionheart.png]
[Image: newt.gif]
[Image: rytesig.png]
Expand Signature