(1.) What is your SteamID? - 

STEAM_0:1:50833904

(1a) What is your most recent ingame name? - 

Spencer Curze-Patel

(1b) What is your current year level in-game? (MUST be 7th to apply.) - 

7th prestige, year 7.

(2.) What Timezone do you live in? - 

EST

(2a) Please put what times you are most active in CST (Chicago US), so the managers know when they can expect to see you. - 

Usually around 2PM-10PM but sometimes I get on early in the morning/at night if I have enough time or I wake up early. :P

(3.) How old are you? - 

(4.) When did you first join our server and how did you discover it? - 

I joined in late September of 2017. I discovered the server from watching CallMeKevin, I thought: "That server sounds like so much fun." I was right.

(4a) How can we be sure you will stay active and loyal (with your time) to Star by Star? - 

Now for those who don't know, I resigned around a month ago because of "lack of interest," aka I basically burned myself out. I thought I would be gone way longer and wanted to make room for new staff, as I had other things to work on as well, such as finding a job, school, etc. I do promise to take a breaks and to stay loyal to the community, though my activity won't be as great (I'll still be able to make the necessary hours) as it was on my last run due to a combination of things like burnout, school, work, etc. I know I am reapplying way too soon and some may think that I am not ready to return, but I do really want to become staff again and help the server. 

(4b) Do you understand you can be let go at ANY time for inactivity? - 

Of course

(5.) Do you understand and agree to not only comply with, but also enforce the rules of the Server when necessary? - 

Absolutely

(5a) When listing the rules please explain what they mean to show that you understand them.
 List Rules below:

Rule 1: No FailRP.

This rule means that you shouldn't be doing things that your character wouldn't normally do. A few examples include but are not limited to: Freespelling students as a prefect/professor, snatching professors/other dark forces as a snatcher, using apparation inside of the school, being inside of the school as a deatheater, getting a large group of people to simultaneously change their name to the same thing with the intent of causing chaos/disruption of any RP that might be going on at the time, etc.

Rule 2: Disrespectful, hateful, and offensive behavior/speech toward others is not allowed.

This rule implies that any kind of disrespect or hatespeech is not allowed on the server. This includes any form of racism, homophobia, antisemitism or any derogatory terms towards people of certain races, culture, sexuality, religion, etc, as well as disrespect/toxicity in general.
After all, we're all here to have fun, but we need to be respectful of others and provide a friendly environment for everyone.

Rule 3: No RDMing.

Most people should understand this one, it basically means that killing somebody without a valid RP reason is forbidden. An example would be killing a fellow student; as a student you should NEVER kill your fellow students or professors under any circumstance, even if they are trying to kill you.

Rule 4: Obey staff and RP leaders

The rule is self-explanatory, basically listen to staff and your RP leaders. If staff tell you to do something, do it, they are most likely correct, after all, staff are some of the most trusted members of our community, hence why they are staff. If you disagree with what a staff member tells you or you think they are abusing their power, you're always welcome to contact the staff manager or make a staff report with proper evidence. As for RP leaders, you should listen to what they tell you as you would in actual lore, unless they are trying to get you to break any rules in which case you would report that via @ chat or on the forums with evidence if no staff are available.

Rule 5: No freespelling.

Also pretty self-explanatory, don't randomly cast spells at people without a valid RP reason. This is normally handled in RP by prefects and will normally just result in detention if you are playing as an arrestable job, however staff can get involved in certain cases such as if you're only targeting a specific person on multiple instances or if you're freespelling as a job that prefects are unable to arrest. 

Rule 6: No Metagaming

Don't use information from OOC (out of character) sources to gain an advantage in-game that your character wouldn't know about. A few examples include: Asking a snatcher to snatch you when they never revealed themselves, adverting/typing in ooc that you're being snatched, stupefying/everteing a snatcher that is inside of fumos to prevent them from snatching someone, etc.

Rule 7: No mic/chat spam.

This one is also pretty obvious, don't play music or make loud, obnoxious or repetitive sounds through your mic, and don't flood the chat with unnecessary things.

Rule 8: Advert is for RP purposes only.

Use advert only for RP, examples include: Dismissing a class/great hall early, toggling PTS, putting a DOS (detention on sight) on a mischievous student, RFDs (reason for detention), putting a KOS (kill on sight) on a revealed rogue (such as snatchers, deatheaters, neutrals, etc.), and claiming the quidditch pitch for your faction.
DON'T use advert for anything ooc or anything that isn't related to rp, such as: "Party in the Restricted Section," or any darkrp binds/other binds non-hogwarts related.

Rule 9: No ERP (Erotic Roleplay)

Don't roleplay anything that is sexual, alludes to anything sexual, or use innuendos. Although roleplay is included in the term ERP, erotic comments/innuendos are also not allowed in OOC/adverts. People of almost all ages play on our servers, so we need to be appropriate with what we say.

Rule 10: Do not avoid the AFK system/Map Exploit

We have an AFK system in place that kicks players who are idle for 20 minutes. Don't use any sort of console commands, macros or bugs that allow you to go afk for longer than 20 minutes without being kicked as it will most likely lead to a hefty ban (usually 1 week+). As for map exploiting, basically don't go to places in the map that you shouldn't be, attempt to enter those places, or abuse any sort of bugs/unintended features.

(5b) Expain what the term "minge" means, when referring to a player on the server - 

A minge is somebody who causes trouble/breaks rules on a server with the intent of getting a reaction out of people, whether it be for laughs or to get people mad. 

(6.) Tell us about yourself and why you want to be staff on SBS? (100 words or less) - 

I'm Spencer, I enjoy playing video games and eating pizza (not pineapple pizza tho, that's nasty). I want to be staff again as I thought I needed more time off, but I was wrong, and I wanna help the team again.

(7.) What do you feel you need to improve on the most? - 

There's a quite a few things I feel like I need to improve on:

- Sometimes I burn myself out as a result from playing for too long, but I am confident that I will not make the same mistakes I made last time, even though I am getting a job and going to school soon. I will try my best not to burnout again and if I play for too long, I'll take a short break. 

- I'm also not the best at meeting new people, don't get me wrong, I'm always willing to have a conversation with somebody when necessary, but as a person I can sometimes be pretty shy and that prevents me from hanging out with large groups. Even though I am pretty introverted, I do need to make myself stand out and be more known to players.

- Sometimes I can joke around too much, but I try to be serious when necessary.

- I sometimes make decisions that I regret (clearly), but will take note of those mistakes so I don't repeat them in the future.

(8.) How would having you on staff benefit our server and what sets you apart from the rest of the applicants? - 

Well to begin, I have prior staff experience and know the majority of what staffing is like, how to do it effectively, etc. I'm also somewhat active, though not as much as I was before. I also know the rules very well, so if people have any questions they want to ask me regarding the rules. I am also quite easy to approach, despite the fact that I don't talk to people that often, so don't be afraid to come to me with any questions/concerns. I'm not perfect, but I will always listen to any kind of feedback/criticism and try my best to improve off of it and will also learn from my mistakes so I don't repeat the same mistakes in the future.

(9.) Have you been staff/are currently on any other servers? If so, which ones? (List them if possible) - 

I was a hogwarts moderator for 6 months, resigning around a month ago. Other than that none really.

(10.) Have you ever been banned on any Garrys Mod/SBS servers? If yes, then please list when, how long, and the reason. - 

I got a 3 day ban once for minging and hosting a GY raid (this was a LOOONG time ago), though I still regret it.

(11.) Are the Server staff or the players more important? Why? - 

Both but leaning towards the players, the players are what keeps our servers up and running, without them we wouldn't have a community and there wouldn't really be a purpose to keep the servers online. Staff, while also being players, are some of the most trusted among the community and their purpose is to help/provide for the players and to make sure everyone is following the rules. At the end of the day though, both help keep the community active, healthy and alive. 

(12) How would you rate your skills overall out of 10 (EX: Patience, response time, etc) -

Patience - 9/10 

I'd never take my stress out on another player, especially ones I deal with in sits, if I'm feeling stressed out, I'd normally just vent my frustrations in a private setting with someone I trust or take a break.

Response Time - 8.5/10 

Honestly, this one depends on the setting. Usually I'm pretty quick to respond to calls, however there are some times where I'll space out and miss a couple calls from time to time or I get distracted by something.

Knowledge/Experience - 9.5/10 

As I've already stated earlier in this application, I'm very familiar with staffing and the rules, so if you have a question, I'll probably be able to answer it unless it's something I'm not allowed to share.

Attitude - 8.5/10

I am able to keep a good attitude when handling sits/other staffing activities, sometimes I can make a comment every now and then but they're mostly harmless and I don't have any ill intentions with what I say.

Leadership - 7.5/10 

I always strive to set a good example for the players and for the staff, I'm not perfect, but I do care about the community and will always try my best to give back for all of the hours of entertainment via playing on this server. I want people to enjoy their time on the server and am always willing to help or talk to someone when available, including staff.

Activity - 7.5/10

I am pretty active atm, although I'm going to school in September and am getting a part-time job soon, so my hours won't be as great once that happens, however, I am confident that I'll still be able to meet the hour requirements. 

Fairness - 10/10

I do have my friends and not-so-much friends, but I always try to get both sides of each story and act based upon what is fair, despite the kind of relationships I have.

Seriousness - 6.5/10

I can joke around from time to time and sometimes it can get annoying, but I do try my best to stay serious when needed.

Willingness to improve - 10/10

I'm always open to any kind of feedback/criticism and will ask questions when needed; even with 6 months of staffing experience and have been playing SBS for almost 2 years now, I still don't know everything.

Communication - 9/10

I do try my best to keep track of my sits and communicate with other staff, sometimes I might forget something every now and then, but for the most part I communicate very well.

Dedication - 7/10

Like I've stated in my application already, I've burned myself out several times from playing for longer hours, resulting in loas and my resignation. However, besides that, there honestly hasn't been anything else that's prevented me from wanting to come on the server and staff.

(13.) If you do not know how to handle a situation in a mod-sit, what do you do? - 

If there's other staff on, I'd ask in @ chat as that is the quickest option, if I'm alone or if nobody else knows either, I'd tell the player that I'm not sure atm but I'll ask other staff and will get back to them as soon as I can and then return them. Then I'd ask around in our other staff chats, or ask an admin/super that is online. Or if there is a staff meeting coming very soon, I'd just ask there because that's when the majority of staff are there and I can almost certainly get the question answered there.

(14.) You understand and realize, that by applying for staff on the server also means, that you are sacrificing the complete freedom of being able to RP freely all the time without any interruptions, and are obligated to handle all server issues at hand no matter the situation? -

Of course

(15.) Please make a list of all previous staff applications, a link to them, and the reason they were locked. If they were accepted, please give a short explanation of why you are no longer staff. (Disregard if this is your first application) -

https://starbystargaming.com/showthread.php?tid=3467 (Accepted)

Edit #1: Fixed up my application, removed some jokes and made it more serious, also added a few more things.
Edit #2: Added more detail to some of my answers.

Joined September 2017
Joined forums January 2018
1st run Trial Moderator Jan 6 2019-Jan 20 2019
1st run Moderator Jan 20 2019-June 15 2019
2nd run Trial Moderator July 21 2019

Expand Signature

+1

amazing staff member, should let him come back. just be sure you don't overwork yourself.
| Leader of the Delaires |  Leo's Aries | Dark Chancellor | Shadowed Acolyte | The Heir of Slytherin |
[Image: miraleo.gif]
[Image: miradelaire1.png]
Expand Signature

I’m actually really suprised to see this. My concerns. Are you ready to come back? Is this what you truly want? Without going too personal into this application, you were putting in serious time onto the server, and I know that can burn a lot of people out. Is the time you spent away from the staff team revaluation enough for you that you wanted to come back? Sorry, not trying to be mean. Just wanna make sure you truly want this. 

You were an excellent staff member when you were on. I loved staffing with you. But, I won’t base my vote on past potential. I’ll do it currently. Active. Reports. And you arrest me when I free spell, so -1. Jk. I deserve it. +1 depending on my answers to the following questions stated above. Until then neutral 
[Image: test.gif]
Expand Signature

One of the better staff members we had, I will happily support a return. +1
VIP: February 28th 2017

Moderator: April 23rd 2017
Custom Class: The Auror Enforcer - June 10th 2017
Custom Class: Dan the Ghost - Sept 5th 2017
Created Bulletins (Click Here) - Sept 10th 2018
[Image: O6aBzD5.png]
Expand Signature

(07-13-2019, 04:31 PM)Kelly Sparkles-Bubble Wrote:
I’m actually really suprised to see this. My concerns. Are you ready to come back? Is this what you truly want? Without going too personal into this application, you were putting in serious time onto the server, and I know that can burn a lot of people out. Is the time you spent away from the staff team revaluation enough for you that you wanted to come back? Sorry, not trying to be mean. Just wanna make sure you truly want this. 

You were an excellent staff member when you were on. I loved staffing with you. But, I won’t base my vote on past potential. I’ll do it currently. Active. Reports. And you arrest me when I free spell, so -1. Jk. I deserve it. +1 depending on my answers to the following questions stated above. Until then neutral 

I will say that I feel like I'm applying a little bit too soon, since I resigned only 1 month ago, but I have thought about re-applying for a week now and have decided that I do want this. When I said that I had lost interest, I thought I was going to be gone for much longer and now looking back at it, I do kind of regret resigning. I am interested in the server again and am confident that I will be for quite a while. Hopefully this answers your questions.

Joined September 2017
Joined forums January 2018
1st run Trial Moderator Jan 6 2019-Jan 20 2019
1st run Moderator Jan 20 2019-June 15 2019
2nd run Trial Moderator July 21 2019

Expand Signature

+1

You was a great staff member, you was active and polite. You remained fair in all sits and you wasn't bias. I think you deserve another shot.

Good Luck with your application!

- Jack Sisca-Inkarna
[Image: giphy.gif]
slytherinPride
Expand Signature

He has everything that a staff member should have.
And the most important thing , no bias +1
[Image: giphy.gif?cid=19f5b51a5caf7fbd757067414d451e33]

ʷʰᵃᵗ ᶤˢ ᵈᵉᵃᵈ ᵐᵃʸ ᶰᵉᵛᵉʳ ᵈᶤᵉ
Expand Signature

+1
Has all the staff members qualities and is not biased and is sure again that he wants to be apart of the staff team.
[Image: image0.jpg] 
 Amelia Silver-Dragonfyre
Joined February 2016 
Daily Prophet Journalist
Expand Signature

Active, reports, was on a lot to help me not be solo staffing, +1. Just don't get burnt out again :).
~Joined December 29th, 2017~
Bought VIP July 2018
Trial Mod November 25th
Full Mod December 9th

[Image: V2qmlzE.gif]

Expand Signature

For those that don't like reading, +1

Spencer every part of me wants to welcome you back with open arms. You taught me so much when I was just an applicant and the way you handle sits with a down to earth calmness and unbiased respectful attitude is what inspired me to want to do the same. You were extremely active and while being NA you tended to play a lot during the mornings that otherwise would have been prefect law. I know you know the rules very well as you taught me them. When I worked overnights I would end my shift as you were just getting up and those moments are still some of my favourite staffing memories. There were many times when someone would come check on me because i was just sitting at my computer laughing because of something you were doing. Your reputation as a moderator is very positive.

That is why i'm a little disappointed with this application. I imagine very few if anyone has concerns as to whether you know the rules or how to handle a situation that you are unfamiliar with (though blaming me is a pretty good idea). Our concerns are going to be whether or not your heart is really in the right place to return to a position like this and genuinely enjoy it again without burning yourself out. I would recommend going back through your application and showing us that you are serious about joining the team again. I know we like to have fun too but this is your main platform to show the community that you are serious about getting back into the role of helping others enjoy the server.

Edits were made, now giving my full +1
[Image: F6TrIVS.png]
Expand Signature