Star by Star Gaming
[Moderator Application NA] Boe Demotiono's Mod Application - Printable Version

+- Star by Star Gaming (https://starbystargaming.com)
+-- Forum: Hogwarts RP (https://starbystargaming.com//forumdisplay?fid=10)
+--- Forum: Staff Applications (https://starbystargaming.com//forumdisplay?fid=7)
+--- Thread: [Moderator Application NA] Boe Demotiono's Mod Application (//showthread?tid=12881)

Pages: 1 2 3

Boe Demotiono's Mod Application - Boe Aeternalis-Demotiono - 06-29-2020

(1.) What is your SteamID? - STEAM_0:1:53079110

(1a) What is your most recent ingame name? - Boe Aeternalis-Demotiono

(1b) What is your current year level in-game? (MUST be 7th to apply.) -
 Master Prestige Year 7

(2.) What Timezone do you live in? - Eastern Standard Time

(2a) Please put what times you are most active in CST (Chicago US), so the managers know when they can expect to see you. - Summer: Sunday - Wednesday 6 pm - 11 pm Thursday - Saturday 8 pm - 11 pm Winter: 1pm - 11 pm 

(3.) How old are you? - 20

(4.) When did you first join our server and how did you discover it? -
 In the spring of 2018 a friend showed me and I’ve been playing ever since

(4a) How can we be sure you will stay active and loyal (with your time) to Star by Star? - I love the community. I’ve been here a long time, and even when I've taken brakes I've always returned

(4b) Do you understand you can be let go at ANY time for inactivity? -  I do.

(5.) Do you understand and agree to not only comply with, but also enforce the rules of the Server when necessary? - I understand, and agree.

(5a) When listing the rules please explain what they mean to show that you understand them.
 List Rules below:

1: No Fail RP: This rule means that someone should not be doing something that their character would not do in RP. For example: It would be Fail RP for a Professor to kill a student with a damaging spell.
 2: Don't be disrespectful or be offensive to other players. This means you can't be hateful towards or harass a player or group of players for something they do in RP or even in OOC. An example of someone breaking this rule would be player using a hate speech term just because someone talks a different way.
 3: No RDM ( Random death match) : Meaning Players cannot randomly kill each other. For example if a student killed another student because they looked at them funny (Also it would be Fail RP because this would not make sense in RP for a student to kill another student) it would be considered RDM. Another example of RDM would be a Professor killing a student for interpreting a class (Also Fail RP because it would not make RP sense for a professor to kill a student.)

4: Obey Staff and Roleplay Leaders. This means that you always should listen and obey what staff and RP leaders say. For example if an active class’s professor says PTS is active, then everyone in the class should follow what the teacher says and raise their hand (ask permission) before they speak. The Ranking order for School RP leaders would be Professors > Prefects > Students
 5: No freespelling: No one should be using spells that stun or damage anyone without a valid RP reason. An example of this would be two students stupifying another student over and over again so they can't move just for fun.
 6: No metagaming: This means you cannot use outside info that your character would not know in RP. An example of someone breaking this rule would be someone being snatched so they tell their friend in discord to save them  as an auror (who has not witnessed the situation), and they proceed to do so.

7: Do not chat or Mic spam: This means someone cannot scream, play music, or play sounds over their mic. Someone that is spamming “September” over the mic in the courtyard (without perms from a staff) would be considered mic spamming. (Yes peeves is the exception to this rule, but if their mic spam does become excessive or its interrupting RP it can be stopped by a staff member)
 8: OP is for valid RP reasons only. Players can only use OP for valid RP uses only.  A good use of OP that follows the rules is “Muggle Studies needs a prefect to class”, while an example of a fail advert would be “My favorite food is apples”.
 9: Don’t ERP or make ERP comments (Erotic Roleplay): There is no acceptable reasons for anyone to make any ERP comments or ERP in general. Many different people play on this server and it's supposed to be a safe, fun, and enjoyable experience for all who play. 
 10: Do not abuse the AFK system/Don’t map Exploit: There is zero reason why anyone should  be avoiding the AFK system (that kicks you after 20 mins of inactivity) An example of someone breaking this rule would be a player going behind QP in hopes they would not be noticed and putting “+right” in console so they spin over and over again to avoid the AFK system to gain xp for being on the server. Alongside that no one should be abusing a map exploit to get somewhere they could not normally get to.

(5b) Expain what the term "minge" means, when referring to a player on the server - The term “minge” to me is someone that gets on the server and intentionally brakes rules, interrupts, trolls, and harass  players to interfere with the general feeling/atmosphere of the server. 

(6.) Tell us about yourself and why you want to be staff on SBS? (100 words or less) -  Welp like I’ve said before I’m just you average guy. I love Star Wars and Harry potter, and I play too much GMOD. Honestly I'm applying again for a few reasons. The first being that I miss helping the Community a lot. The second being that I think that the server would benefit from having more staff to help the players.

(7.) What do you feel you need to improve on the most? -  I have two things I think I need to work on. The first being my social skills. Granted they are a lot better then they were when I first joined, but I need to get out there and talk to people and get to know people more, so the community feels comfortable with me and knows who I am. The second thing being how I sound. Yes this may sound weird, but once in a while when I talk it sounds like I’m mad or annoyed when in fact I'm not, but I have been slowly trying to fix that!

(8.) How would having you on staff benefit our server and what sets you apart from the rest of the applicants? -  Well honestly I try to be fast to calls, I know the rules of the server, and I have past staff experience so I know what it takes to be a staff member.

(9.) Have you been staff/are currently on any other servers? If so, which ones? (List them if possible) -
After Shock Gaming (ASG) World War II RP Community Manager, ASG First Order RP Staff Manager, ASG Imperial Star Wars RP Super Admin, ASG Dark RP Mod, Exclusive Networks Garry’s Mod Division Manager, Cloudy Networks World War II RP Admin, Aureal Imperial Star Wars RP Mod, and SBS Hogwarts Mod (I am retired from all these positions)

(10.) Have you ever been banned on any Garrys Mod/SBS servers? If yes, then please list when, how long, and the reason. -  I have not been banned on any to my knowledge. 

(11.) Are the Server staff or the players more important? Why? -   I feel that they are both equally important. The players are important because they are the ones that make the server as a whole possible, and if we didn't have the player base we would have no community. While the staff are important to provide a “fun” and safe atmosphere for the players.

(12) How would you rate your skills overall out of 10 (EX: Patience, response time, etc) - 
Overall: 8 This is how I would rate my overall ability as a combination of the following.

Patience: 7 At the end of the day everyone has their good and bad days, but I do my best to be patient with all active situations that happen on the server. I try my hardest to leave any real life things that have me down or upset before I get on the server so it does not interrupt any players day or experience on the server. If I ever catch myself or someone catches me having a bad time being patient or something along the lines then  I take a break and come back when I'm feeling better.

Response time: 9  I am normally pretty quick to respond to things.I like to see when things are dealt with quickly and efficiently, and I follow through with that on my day to day thing whether it be in RP or handling issues. 

Leadership: 9 I believe that I am a good leader. I like making sure everyone gets what's happening in a situation, and things are done correctly when I'm in a leadership position. 

Learning ability: 8 I always like to pay attention to things just in case I may learn something new. I do my best to learn anything new.

Communication: 7 I do my best to make sure that everyone is informed when something is happening, this could be staff or even regular players.

(13.) If you do not know how to handle a situation in a mod-sit, what do you do? -
First I would ask another mod to see if they know the answer/how to help, and if this is not the case I then would ask an admin for their help. If both could not help or don't know with a specific situation I would ask a manager.

(14.) You understand and realize, that by applying for staff on the server also means, that you are sacrificing the complete freedom of being able to RP freely all the time without any interruptions, and are obligated to handle all server issues at hand no matter the situation? - Yes, I do understand.

(15.) Please make a list of all previous staff applications, a link to them, and the reason they were locked. If they were accepted, please give a short explanation of why you are no longer staff. (Disregard if this is your first application) - https://starbystargaming.com/showthread?tid=3498 This application was accepted, but I resigned from my position around January   March (I mistakenly had the time that I left the community all mixed up as explained in a reply). I mainly left staff because I was burnt out and wanted a break, and at that point I was staffing for a year so I had decided to resign from my position and take a break from the community as a whole.

RE: Boe Demotiono's Mod Application - Todd Wick - 06-30-2020

Hello, Boe.

Your application explores each question in depth. 

Some suggestions
  • Put in the generic Rp leaders eg teacher > prefect > student
  • You have listed a variety of staffing positions on different servers. Perhaps make it clear if you are currently a mod/manager of these servers or not.

I also have not seen you in-game, but that's because I'm in AEST and will not likely see you due to timezone differences. 

Given your application is detailed and you have a past history being a moderator Neutral - +1

Edit
+1 for taking suggestions on board

RE: Boe Demotiono's Mod Application - Lila Adams - 06-30-2020

+1 Boe although different time zones when I do see you, you are always on prefect or teaching and are super friendly, answering peoples questions and generally very welcoming!

Good Luck!

RE: Boe Demotiono's Mod Application - Amelia Phoenix-Dragonfyre - 06-30-2020

(06-30-2020, 12:26 AM)Lila Adams Wrote: +1 Boe although different time zones when I do see you, you are always on prefect or teaching and are super friendly, answering peoples questions and generally very welcoming!

Good Luck!

+1 for same reason.

RE: Boe Demotiono's Mod Application - Jacktot - 06-30-2020

Didn't you like just come back?

I say give it a bit more time 

No vote at the min

Edit +1 

After hearing from Boe himself he is active and from personal experience he is very professional, Dedicated and he was a amazing staff member in the past

Give this man staff again 

RE: Boe Demotiono's Mod Application - Fredy Bubbles - 06-30-2020

I'm remembering if I ever talked to you but I really like your application. I was curious if you maybe just started playing again, but you Gametracker showed you have been playing for quite some time again. If I see you on the server as a decent prefect/teacher than I will most likely change my vote.

Neutral 

RE: Boe Demotiono's Mod Application - Isaac Alivan - 06-30-2020

Boe is a good guy and always was a good moderator. If he feels he is ready to come back, then I believe it and goodness knows we are in need of more mods and Boe certainly has consistent activity.

+1

RE: Boe Demotiono's Mod Application - Tyrone D Bigeye - 06-30-2020

I see you pretty often, you report a good bit, you were a good staff member, and you know the rules.

I think you'd do well.

+1

RE: Boe Demotiono's Mod Application - Eviscerate - 06-30-2020

Boe is frequently active during Prefect Law and is former staff. My interactions with him have all been positive. He takes time out to talk with people and would handle himself well in a bulk of the sits. He does his best and has comprehensive knowledge on how things are run. He doesn't engage in any mingery that's been made obvious and the typical teaching/prefecting things he already does and does well. Per my observations I also think being a mod is also important to him.

I believe when you were staff previously you went inactive for some months before leaving the team. You say it's January that you resigned but as per this bulletin this was made official back in March. Whether or not this is a clerical error is up to interpretation I guess. I joined this community at the end of last year and never saw you active between Jan and March. If granted another chance and you see this sort of thing happening to you again, I would suggest officially resigning sooner rather than later as it would strengthen the appeal for future applications.

edit: Thanks for the clarification! As other people have stated, this is one thing people might take issue with especially since it's become the flavor of the month to criticize staff about recently. GL on your app!

RE: Boe Demotiono's Mod Application - Etlenor - 06-30-2020

Since you came back, you've been working to get your position back. The time I'm on, I see you reinforcing the rules and prefecting. You were also a good staff member +1