Star by Star Gaming
[Ban Appeal] Ban Appeal - Printable Version

+- Star by Star Gaming (https://starbystargaming.com)
+-- Forum: Hogwarts RP (https://starbystargaming.com//forumdisplay?fid=10)
+--- Forum: Ban Appeals (https://starbystargaming.com//forumdisplay?fid=15)
+--- Thread: [Ban Appeal] Ban Appeal (//showthread?tid=16077)

Pages: 1 2

Ban Appeal - ActuallyZee - 04-06-2021

(1) What is your in-game name? -Cruz Vorman

(2) What is your steam ID (including any banned alt accounts)? - STEAM_0:0:47682093

(3) What is the name of Admin/Staff who banned you? -Todd wick

(4) How long were you banned for? -2 weeks

(5) Have you been banned on any SBS server before? If so, approximately how many times? - No

(6) Have you been banned within the last week? - No

(7) Why were you banned in this instance? (Explain in Detail) - Said I used a certain word, I know I didn't, and my game kept crashing (logs will prove that)

(8) Do you think you deserved the ban? - No

(9) Why should you be unbanned? - I just started playing

(10) Have you learned your lesson from this ban? - stop using my mic

(11) Provide a Screenshot of the message that appears when you try to join the server: - https://imgur.com/VgynEap

For Question 3, you can also tag the Staff Member who banned you so they can receive an immediate notification. To do this, type the: "@" symbol and the name of the staff member after it. If you are not sure who the staff member is on the forums, just list their in-game name and Forum Staff/Server Staff will tag that staff member!

Edit: As I'm waking up I do recall being an arse and I am sorry for that (rough day) but I never used those words.

RE: Ban Appeal - Sasha Bean - 04-06-2021

you app is a joke...right?
your kidding?
your trying to get unbanned and saying "learn to take a joke" to a very very great mod and on question 10 you seem very sarcastic and question 9 you said "you just started playing" which is not meant for the question
and the appeal overall seem lazy

EDIT> your signature is "learn to take a joke" I'm sorry I have mistaken i thought you were saying learn how to take a joke to todd but its a signature but still the app is very lazy.

1- for unban
maybe 1+ for reduction since he's a "new player" and he just "started"

RE: Ban Appeal - Tony Nayeli Sisca - 04-06-2021

Appeal for @Todd Wick.

Very lazy appeal, not much info from you is provided to even make a vote, but to me, (7) and (10) don't correlate. Stop using your mic for what? I don't think Todd banned you accidentally, he must have heard you dropping a word thru your mic that broke rule 2 by spectating you or he was simply there, next to you. (9) is also not a very compelling argument if you want to be unbanned.

Overall, seems that the player doesn't want to admit his wrongdoings and doesn't want to elaborate. If you're willing to explain more, feel free to edit your appeal. Hopefully Todd will share his side soon.

RE: Ban Appeal - ActuallyZee - 04-06-2021

(04-06-2021, 09:26 AM)Sasha Bean Wrote:
your kidding?
your trying to get unbanned and saying "learn to take a joke" to a very very great mod and on question 10 you seem very sarcastic and question 9 you said "you just started playing" which is not meant for the question

1- for unban

Look I'm new here what can I do to make this right.

RE: Ban Appeal - Barry Shoeshiner - 04-06-2021

(04-06-2021, 09:29 AM)ActuallyZee Wrote:
your kidding?

1- for unban

What staff usually want to see is admitting to wrong doing and being sorry for it, if you say you didn’t do it without evidence everyone will assume your lying. 

If there’s video of you doing it you could also get your ban made longer for lying so always best to be honest in this stuff

RE: Ban Appeal - Sasha Bean - 04-06-2021

your kidding?

1- for unban

oh shit wait did you make you signature "learn to take a joke" bro I'm dead

Look I did wrong I dont deny that, but I didn't use "hate speach" the most I was doing was calling people C*nts, if that is not allowed now I know, and i am sorry for it.

(04-06-2021, 09:33 AM)Sasha Bean Wrote:
your kidding?

1- for unban

oh shit wait did you make you signature "learn to take a joke" bro I'm dead

Its my signature on every forum, don't take it seriously.

RE: Ban Appeal - hannie - 04-06-2021

I'll wait for Todd to explain what happened, but you were being very disrespectful and disgusting when I was prefecting. I had to warn you multiple times and put you in detention for unnecessary comments towards other students.

I'm neutral on this, but leaning towards -1.
edit: After hearing from Todd, I will be giving this a -1.

RE: Ban Appeal - Todd Wick - 04-06-2021

Hello, Cruz.
Thanks for making an appeal. You were banned for using hatespeech in detention, I believe it was the 'f' slur. 
Before we could talk in detail about this you said something like 'ok so did I break this rule' and I said 'yes the f slur'  then you went 'okay' and left right away. I don't believe that you disconnected because you clearly did not care for what I had to say.
This is why your ban says hatespeech - not taking sit seriously and LTAP (leaving to avoid punishment).
You did not have any history of breaking rules, so you were not going to be banned for this. However, since you left during a sit, a fellow staff member recommended me to ban you. I will leave this open for community feedback. Please note: This appeal is being made outside my active hours which will result in a delayed response of about 30 hours from now. 

(04-06-2021, 10:24 AM)Todd Wick Wrote:
Hello, Cruz.
Thanks for making an appeal. You were banned for using hatespeech in detention, I believe it was the 'f' slur. 
Before we could talk in detail about this you said something like 'ok so did I break this rule' and I said 'yes the f slur'  then you went 'okay' and left right away. I don't believe that you disconnected because you clearly did not care for what I had to say.
This is why your ban says hatespeech - not taking sit seriously and LTAP (leaving to avoid punishment).
You did not have any history of breaking rules, so you were not going to be banned for this. However, since you left during a sit, a fellow staff member recommended me to ban you. I will leave this open for community feedback. Please note: This appeal is being made outside my active hours which will result in a delayed response of about 30 hours from now. 

Fair enough I was fairly drunk in that moment ( no excuse I know) and i can be hostile, the reason for my appeal is I don't want to forget about the server so I'm hoping to get it reduced.