Star by Star Gaming
[Ban Appeal] Banned for RDAx7? and a false LTAP - Printable Version

+- Star by Star Gaming (https://starbystargaming.com)
+-- Forum: Hogwarts RP (https://starbystargaming.com//forumdisplay?fid=10)
+--- Forum: Ban Appeals (https://starbystargaming.com//forumdisplay?fid=15)
+--- Thread: [Ban Appeal] Banned for RDAx7? and a false LTAP (//showthread?tid=16226)

Pages: 1 2

Banned for RDAx7? and a false LTAP - [GS]Boon - 05-03-2021

(1) What is your in-game name? - Boon Chung

(2) What is your steam ID (including any banned alt accounts)? - STEAM_0:1:155543146

(3) What is the name of Admin/Staff who banned you? - Sailor Misa

(4) How long were you banned for? - 2 weeks?

(5) Have you been banned on any SBS server before? If so, approximately how many times? - no

(6) Have you been banned within the last week? - yes, trying to get on alt. Shouldnt of done that apologies!

(7) Why were you banned in this instance? (Explain in Detail) - I was banned for RDAx7 and LTAP, first of all I did not and I say this with chest did not arrest 7 people. I arrest about 4 and I was told by the teacher "prefect arrest mic spammers, there were about 2-3 people spamming music down the microphone! second of us I left the server because I was arrested straight after which confused me for doing a direct order from a teacher. I may of arrested some extra people by accident it was possibly a mishit the classroom was full (herbology)

(8) Do you think you deserved the ban? - I do, I believe I deserved minimum 1-2 days for the "RDA" (over arresting) but not 2 weeks!

(9) Why should you be unbanned? - I was doing my job as a prefect, arresting rule breakers, doing my duties, I have played the server for a while and was starting to get back into it, and I was banned on false accusations. 

(10) Have you learned your lesson from this ban? - Yes definitely I do not blame the Admin for the ban but the time is completely out of order as its the LTAP.

(11) Provide a Screenshot of the message that appears when you try to join the server: - (cannot insert image for some reason, discord is open for PM message Boon#0001)

For Question 3, you can also tag the Staff Member who banned you so they can receive an immediate notification. To do this, type the: "@" symbol and the name of the staff member after it. If you are not sure who the staff member is on the forums, just list their in-game name and Forum Staff/Server Staff will tag that staff member!

RE: Banned for RDAx7? and a false LTAP - Katarina - 05-03-2021

Hey Boon
So i was snatched when this happened and i looked in console and you arrested like 7 people
then left immediately right after you arrested all of then and we had all of them say that you rda'd them

We never got reports of mic spamming in @ chat and what not

so i am gonna see what @@Misa Sugarplum has to say about this report before a vote on this appeal

GL with your appeal

RE: Banned for RDAx7? and a false LTAP - Ophelia - 05-03-2021

Hey Boon,

Whenever you arrest someone, it is able to be seen in the console by everyone.  When a staff member sees you arrest a large amount of people and then instantly disconnect, it tends to look as if you may have done it intentionally.  Sometimes this is not the case, however most times it is.  When a sit is unable to happen, the staff member uses their best judgement of the situation to take what they think is the appropriate action since they are unable to have any sort of conversation with you.  In this case I feel that the ban length that was given from the information that Misa had was appropriate.  

Looking further, I see that you have a pretty clean history within the server, which leads me to believe that this really may have been an accident.  I am going to wait for @@Misa Sugarplum input before giving my + or - on this one.    

In the future I suggest watching your swings.  Sometimes in classrooms, especially when they get a bit rowdy, people who were not meant to go to detention can get caught in the crossfire.  Also, if you are sent to detention and were not meant to be there you can always contact mods available to help you get out rather than having to disconnect!

Good luck with your appeal!

RE: Banned for RDAx7? and a false LTAP - Misa Sugarplum - 05-03-2021

Hello there!

Let me start by just saying I appreciate you making an appeal and I do see you are relatively new to the server and do have a clean history otherwise.

So at the time of this ban within console you had arrested 7 people consecutively (there were other staff on with me that also counted/double checked with me also) and then immediately you left the game, hence meaning you couldn't be pulled and spoken to when those in detention and in the class had claimed you had RDA'd. Through logs and those in class and detenion it seemed you went a little baton happy and immediately left as you knew you had done wrong (hence the LTAP being added). We also had no reports of micspamming at the time, and no one in detention was micspamming when I went into there to see what was happening (although they could have stopped, typically the continue if not continue worse in detention).

I shall be leaving this for 24 hours for community feedback and then I shall make a decision.

Good luck!

RE: Banned for RDAx7? and a false LTAP - Krepsie - 05-03-2021

Can’t really say you didn’t do it when it literally says so in console. 

However since staff is using console as evidence and not seeing it personally they’ll never know whether it was under Roleplay to do so. 

+1 for full unban.

RE: Banned for RDAx7? and a false LTAP - ERROR: NAME NOT FOUND - 05-03-2021

Unless evidence of the RDA was submitted (such as a staff member saw it happen, or video evidence of RDA) I would have probably just unarrested those affected since the initial prefect was offline. In situations like this, I feel it's important that evidence be submitted, rather than operating off word of mouth reports. Had he stayed on server and gave that same story that he gave in the appeal, it is likely that he would not be banned right now

+1 for full unban, barring any contradicting evidence.

RE: Banned for RDAx7? and a false LTAP - Cauliflower Mcguffins - 05-03-2021

I have to agree with Con unless evidence of RDA was actually given to staff by any of the players making that claim then there shouldn't have been a ban.

+1 for unban if no evidence was submitted

RE: Banned for RDAx7? and a false LTAP - Astra - 05-03-2021

This is a tough one. On one hand, an argument can be made that you haven't been breaking rules and the people who you sent to detention were just lying about being RDA'd(which if they were being obnoxious, it wouldn't surprise me). On the other hand, it is really sus that you just left after sending them all to detention. While your story could hold some truth, staff deal with liars daily, and your story follows that narrative. Based on your history alone(or the lack thereof), I'm +1 for a full unban. GL!

RE: Banned for RDAx7? and a false LTAP - Marlene Weeny - 05-03-2021

Hello Boon,

So if you arrested 7 students and immediately disconnected, I think its very apparent that it was RDA. Its very easy to come up with stories to cover up rule breaking. I could rdm another student, and when asked about it I could say it was just a misclick. Now although that COULD be believable, 7 misclicks in a row and an immediate disconnect....is a little less believable.

-1 for unban

ps: accidentally arresting someone and refusing to release them, is still RDA. So if you "accidentally" arrest several students and decide to log off and not make any effort to release them, it would still be RDA.

RE: Banned for RDAx7? and a false LTAP - Garbo - 05-03-2021

+1 for now

I see where they're coming from with the ban since you weren't online right after. So they couldn't ask you what was going on.

On the other hand though, I don't feel like seeing stuff pop up in console like this would be sufficient enough evidence to ban for RDA.