Star by Star Gaming
[Ban Appeal] Ban Appeal - Printable Version

+- Star by Star Gaming (https://starbystargaming.com)
+-- Forum: Hogwarts RP (https://starbystargaming.com//forumdisplay?fid=10)
+--- Forum: Ban Appeals (https://starbystargaming.com//forumdisplay?fid=15)
+--- Thread: [Ban Appeal] Ban Appeal (//showthread?tid=16232)

Ban Appeal - Removed name - 05-03-2021

(1) What is your in-game name? - N/A

(2) What is your steam ID (including any banned alt accounts)? - STEAM_0:0:581251077

(3) What is the name of Admin/Staff who banned you? - (Unknown)

(4) How long were you banned for? - Permaban

(5) Have you been banned on any SBS server before? If so, approximately how many times? - I have never been banned.

(6) Have you been banned within the last week? - No

(7) Why were you banned in this instance? (Explain in Detail) - This happened a couple months ago. For reference, I use a VPN every time I am connected to the internet because I have been getting DDOS'd a lot lately. I bought Garry's Mod not to long ago, and I remembered I had seen a YouTube video on SBS. I wanted to have a go at it, but when I tried to connect I think it said I got banned for family sharing. I find this interesting as my account does not, and never has had, family share. The same thing happened to me one time on a Minecraft server. I was connected to my VPN, and I try to join a popular server and it said I got banned for something I didn't. I asked an admin and he said that over two thousand people had connected with the same IP address. I was unbanned and never had the issue again until this happened.

(8) Do you think you deserved the ban? - No

(9) Why should you be unbanned? - Because I don't family share and never have.

(10) Have you learned your lesson from this ban? - N/A

(11) Provide a Screenshot of the message that appears when you try to join the server: - https://i.imgur.com/7oX62BO.png

For Question 3, you can also tag the Staff Member who banned you so they can receive an immediate notification. To do this, type the: "@" symbol and the name of the staff member after it. If you are not sure who the staff member is on the forums, just list their in-game name and Forum Staff/Server Staff will tag that staff member!

RE: Ban Appeal - Krepsie - 05-04-2021

You’ll have to either get the steam I.D for the account you’re family sharing and appeal using that Steam I.D or you’ll need to email guy and explain your case. 

Can’t really do much unless we have access to the original steam I.D

I could be wrong on my statement.

Best of Luck.

No Vote.

RE: Ban Appeal - Gwendolyn Rose - 05-04-2021

I am fairly sure this type of ban can not be appealed as this is a console/server ban not something done by any staff member. 

RE: Ban Appeal - Walden - 05-04-2021

(05-04-2021, 03:37 AM)Gwendolyn Rose Wrote: I am fairly sure this type of ban can not be appealed as this is a console/server ban not something done by any staff member. 

It can be revoked by a super.

For the actual appeal, I feel like you're lying because I know for a fact that they don't give out IP Bans in SBS.
Also being banned for family sharing doesn't have a relation with IPs, It's the fact that you family shared with an account that already has been banned and it was saved on the Data and cll files of gmod, so whenever you try to join the server detects those and bans you. Also what are the odds that you connected to the same VPN Server of someone that was perma banned in Garry's Mod SBS Hogwarts Roleplay(Even though again, they don't give out IP Bans fairly sure.)  So yeah I feel like you're trying to get away with it by creating some backstory.
(Also VPNs can't stop DDoS attacks so I also don't know about this one chief)

Also to add to that your steam account is really sus 
Comunidade Steam :: Dr. Doofenshmirtz's Nigganator (steamcommunity.com)
Probably your secondary account or some shit 

Also your forum name says a lot about what you may have done to get that perma ban in the first place

so -1 until clarified

RE: Ban Appeal - Removed name - 05-04-2021

Thanks for the replies, would there be a way to prove that I haven't family shared? I haven't family shared, so if you just tell me how to prove it I'll gladly do it.
Also, my forums name is just the name of my Steam account, I didn't change it to that.

RE: Ban Appeal - Walden - 05-05-2021

I mean a way would be posting a pic of this from Steam Options > Family Sharing but that could easily be forged.
[Image: img_5314c2bae52f6.png]
Anyways only a super can help you and they can tell what happened fairly sure

RE: Ban Appeal - Lexa - 05-11-2021

This form of ban specifically applies to steam shared accounts, not IP matches. You're either lying, or someone is leeching your games (check your settings, as mentioned by Walden).

Denied, you can appeal your main ban in one week if you're willing to be honest about it. Thread Locked