Star by Star Gaming
[Ban Appeal] breaking rule 2 - Printable Version

+- Star by Star Gaming (https://starbystargaming.com)
+-- Forum: Hogwarts RP (https://starbystargaming.com//forumdisplay?fid=10)
+--- Forum: Ban Appeals (https://starbystargaming.com//forumdisplay?fid=15)
+--- Thread: [Ban Appeal] breaking rule 2 (//showthread?tid=16480)

breaking rule 2 - rcoleman4111 - 06-09-2021

(1) What is your in-game name? - Ron Coleman

(2) What is your steam ID (including any banned alt accounts)? - STEAM_0:1:608235231

(3) What is the name of Admin/Staff who banned you? - @@Ophelia

(4) How long were you banned for? - 2 weeks (standard for first time racism)

(5) Have you been banned on any SBS server before? If so, approximately how many times? - No

(6) Have you been banned within the last week? -Yes

(7) Why were you banned in this instance? (Explain in Detail) - They heard me say the n word under my breath in a separate convo (wont deny its true), they also claimed I was another account named peter sully.

(8) Do you think you deserved the ban? - On paper yes I did, I broke the rules quite clearly. However it was an accident

(9) Why should you be unbanned? - It was an accident I said it in a convo with friends outside of the game as I was upset(I didn't know I had push to talk pressed). My friends and I were unaware I had push to talk on but still I am aware the word cannot be said in the server. I was having a bad day (my girlfriend told me she cheated on me) and I decided to be bitter, Ophelia was reasonable and she was just in banning me however I regret it deeply and I don't want this to stay on my rep.

(10) Have you learned your lesson from this ban? -Yes be more careful and don't channel hate 

(11) Provide a Screenshot of the message that appears when you try to join the server: - Screenshot143

For Question 3, you can also tag the Staff Member who banned you so they can receive an immediate notification. To do this, type the: "@" symbol and the name of the staff member after it. If you are not sure who the staff member is on the forums, just list their in-game name and Forum Staff/Server Staff will tag that staff member!

RE: breaking rule 2 - ERROR: NAME NOT FOUND - 06-09-2021

https://starbystargaming.com/showthread?tid=16413 is Peter Skully since it's come up in this appeal, if there was substantial proof of you being him then you'd already be [editperma banned (@Forum Admin can look into this)

As far as the appeal goes, i'm going to +1 a reduction to perhaps a week (including the time served). Ban duration is typical for the offense and you were apologetic. The personal excuses citing your gf cheating on you is extraneous info that we didn't really need to know and won't help with the appeal. but it should not go without punishment since you were the one who said it. You need to be careful of your binds on server, and because you weren't careful enough it will remain on your record/rep. 

advice: If you're in a call with people and you know yourself to use this sort of language, or maybe it comes through your mic accidentally, then perhaps unbind your push to talk ingame ("unbind x" in console).

edit: *snip* since it isn't a ban evade

RE: breaking rule 2 - Ophelia - 06-09-2021

Hey Ron,

Thanks for your appeal.

You say that you had said this "accidentally" talking to a group of friends, but myself and other mods heard you using hate speech throughout the server several times after your initial warn was given.  I understand keying your mic as an accident once but you seemed to key it every single time you chose to use the N slur.  I will leave this appeal up for 24 hours for community feedback, but I believe that the 2 week ban at this point in time is quite appropriate.   

RE: breaking rule 2 - Krepsie - 06-10-2021

I’m going to go with +1 for a reduction since you’re apologetic however not for a full unban. You need to wait out some time. 

Update: after reading Marlene’s comment I’m changing to -1 and need to wait out said ban.

RE: breaking rule 2 - Marlene Weeny - 06-10-2021

Hey Ron,

I just want to throw in my two cents. I am not a mind reader, so I can not definitively say that you are lying. But, I can explain what happened and let everyone else decide whether they believe your story or not. You were warned for hatespeech as you were screaming the N-word. You were told not to do it again and sent back. When you were sent back a few moderators, including myself, decided to spectate you. You then ran into an active classroom and screamed "FUCKING NI*****". Now, although you can still make the argument that you meant to "say it in discord", you screamed the n-word several times in this instance. The little chuckle in your voice, along with that you had a B-line to the classroom to scream the n-word after we had sent you back, makes it hard for me to believe that you didn't mean to say it in-game. When you were pulled to the sit, Ophelia said to you "It is ok if you say it in your day-to-day life, but you can not use it on the server" to which you responded, "Nobody uses that word in day to day life". All in all, this story just does not add up and seems more like a scapegoat to get off your ban.

RE: breaking rule 2 - Toto Sinclair - 06-10-2021

If what Marlene is saying is true, 
-1 for lying/leaving out information purposefully

RE: breaking rule 2 - Yaycob - 06-10-2021

Reopened appeal. I made a stupid mistake, my apologies. I'll DM you info. Ophelia can make a new verdict.

RE: breaking rule 2 - Juri/Locke - 06-10-2021

-1 based off what marlene said.

RE: breaking rule 2 - Ophelia - 06-12-2021

As I said in my last post you "accidently" said slurs in game several times and only happened to key your mic when you were saying those slurs.  It was pretty clear that your intent was to use those words on several occasions in a hate speech manner.  For that reason I think its best for this ban to be seen through.  

Appeal Denied

RE: breaking rule 2 - Edwin Tossil-Dragon - 06-12-2021

Appeal Denied by Ophelia,
Thread Locked