Star By Star Gaming - What could have been? (1)

Star 
SBS was once a community I would be eager to be with every day. It was a place for us to forget our daily obligations and just pretend to be someone you're not. Maybe a student at Hogwarts, a naval officer commanding UNSC troops, or even another rank and file clone trooper facing hordes of B1 droids until the tick rate gave out. These were more than just Gmod servers, they were communities where I could get on and see the same faces everyday. So what happened? How did it fall from grace within the span of 3 years? Was it greed, awful people, or a toxic community? The Death of SBS didn't happen when Hogwarts was shut down in 2022, that was just the final nail in the coffin. SBS began to die when people, especially higher upside, stopped caring the the perpetual infighting of the server communities. Instead of supporting each other, we only seemed to undermine the other servers. For the longest time, it felt as if Hogwarts was the only server that was worth updating while Halo and CW suffered as player counts began to drop at the end of 2021. But why? Money. The community was built upon monetary gain over everything else. It was most evident when you say people like Zubey who had basically nothing for the Halo server during 20-21. One higher up who should have done more ended up essentially doing nothing when there were so many people who cared during that time. People like Sinclair were one of the first people I meet in the server and made me actually enjoy the community for some time. Being up for events at 12 AM with 60 players on and a nuke to end off the event is still something I remember. CW was fun too, I remember being in the 187th and dropping in during a 80 player event. I even had fun on Hogwarts for some time, just getting on and being an Auror fighting snatches. But the slow gradual burn happened over time. What I remember of SBS is a server of people who cared and loved the set world they role-played in. But the real timeline of what wrong is not just one event. If I care to come back, I'll finish this tread. But for now, goodbye SBS.

Messages In This Thread
Star By Star Gaming - What could have been? (1) - by JustHalo - 01-16-2024, 12:02 PM