Galaxy of Magic server now open! | Everything you need to know

(12-03-2022, 04:21 PM)Bҽʅʅα*:・゚✧ Wrote: (the map called "rp_feudal" is from the workshop, the other map we tend to use was made in a very short time, the proper map which is intended to be used is still in the works and is anticipated)

Okay, well hopefully the completed map is good. I'm sorry but the one I saw was just so bleak and depressing, but I guess that's to be expected with a map made so quickly. 

One change I personally would like to see is to have the map be shrunk down a little bit. Both my friend and I played on SBS back when it was on the original small Hogwarts map, and honestly, we preferred that one over the new map because it was much smaller and thus much easier to find people to interact with on it. I remember the stairs that lead to outside was where people would always hang out, it was like the hang out spot and you could always find people there. However, with the new map, it was so big that most of the time it was hard to find anybody, and the map felt really empty a lot of the time.

I think somewhere between the size of the original map and the new map would be optimal. Big enough to feel like there's a lot of things to explore, but not so big that it's hard to find people and feels empty. Just my opinion, though.

(12-03-2022, 05:26 PM)Jay Wood Wrote:
(12-03-2022, 02:42 PM)baked Wrote: I'm not an attorney by any means, but am I not wrong when saying you could have kept everything pretty much 95% the same and only done slight changes to make it "Harry Potter- but not quite"?

Guy said this: "Unfortunately, Facepunch isn't going to allow parodies or anything too similar, it's not worth the risk and they've already shut down several servers who have tried."

I guess there's no point fighting a multi-billion-dollar company legally even if the servers aren't infringing on their copyrights at all. 
"under section 41A of the Copyright Act 1968 (Cth), it is a defence to copyright infringement if the material is used in fair dealing for the purpose of parody or satire."
Parody servers would be 100% legal, but I guess Facepunch just doesn't want to risk it. 

Messages In This Thread
RE: Galaxy of Magic server now open! | Everything you need to know - by baked - 12-10-2022, 01:57 PM