Poppy Vantar-Pickins Mod Application

Heart 
(1.) What is your SteamID? - STEAM_0:1:62262441

(1a) What is your most recent ingame name? - Poppy Vantar-Pickins

(1b) What is your current year level in-game? (MUST be 7th to apply.) - 3rd Prestige - 2nd year

(2.) What Timezone do you live in? - PST

(2a) Please put what times you are most active in CST (Chicago US), so the managers know when they can expect to see you. - 6pm-2am

(3.) How old are you? - 20

(4.) When did you first join our server and how did you discover it? - Beginning of Summer 18

(4a) How can we be sure you will stay active and loyal (with your time) to Star by Star? - I've always been active on the server as well as always looked out for the best of the servers interest

(4b) Do you understand you can be let go at ANY time for inactivity? - Yes.

(5.) Do you understand and agree to not only comply with, but also enforce the rules of the Server when necessary? - Yes.

(5a) When listing the rules please explain what they mean to show that you understand them.
 List Rules below:

1: No Fail RP: Anything that within the role play scenario would not be relevant or proper for the character you're playing. ex. A snatcher attacking and killing Bellatrix, or Lord Voldemort walking into Hogwarts. 

2: Disrespectful, hateful, and offensive behavior/speech toward others is not allowed- This is pretty straight forwards, don't show ill intent or have any type of hate speech towards other players, staff. this includes OOC 
 3: No RDMing- Do not kill someone without rp reason, if you are a student and you kill another student for no reason, that would be rdm. If a snatcher is not revealed and you kill them, it is rdm. Unless DF or someone else is revealed or in lock down, rdm is NOT okay.
 4: Obey staff and RP leaders- this again is very straight forward being that you listen to your superiors, if staff says to stop doing something, you should stop. If a prefect asks you to not do something, you should not do it, etc.
 5: No Free-spelling- No casting any harmful, repeated, or moving spells onto other without rp reason, such as a snatcher with a student running away. 
 6: No Metagaming- Do not release or speak of knowledge that a character would not otherwise known within RP scenario. i.e telling your friends you're snatched and where you are, or talking about someone being a snatcher when not revealed
 7: Do not mic/chat spam- No screaming, singing, or repetitive noises are to come through your microphone for any longer than 10 seconds, after so it is mic spam. Posting over and over the same message or just repeatedly in ooc or any chat is chat spam 
 8: Advert is for RP purpose or leader purpose- Do not use advert unless it is for reason to do with RP, such as PTS being active within a classroom, or that you are selling a snatch
 9: No Erp: The server is child friendly and anything sexual or sexually related should not be brought up or acted among characters.
 10: Do not avoid AFK system/ Map exploit- do not use any scripts to avoid the afk system by repeatedly moving your character to XP boost yourself, etc. Map exploiting is when you use weaknesses or issues on the map and entering an area which otherwise would be blocked off.
(5b) Explain what the term "minge" means, when referring to a player on the server - Minge - someone who goes trolls or acts to get reaction from others.

(6.) Tell us about yourself and why you want to be staff on SBS? (100 words or less) - I love being a leader and helping others, and can see myself being helpful in being able to handle the situations that appear on the server. I also want to be able to help make people feel welcome and at home on the server when they come onto it :)

(7.) What do you feel you need to improve on the most? - As always, my attitude. When pushed by specific players I do tend to get rather annoyed - while it is still fairly targeted, it HAS gotten a lot better.

(8.) How would having you on staff benefit our server and what sets you apart from the rest of the applicants? - I'm a great leader, i'm extremely knowledgeable of rules and i've shown time after time i'm able to handle other players issues on the server.

(9.) Have you been staff/are currently on any other servers? If so, which ones? (List them if possible) - None.

(10.) Have you ever been banned on any Garry's Mod/SBS servers? If yes, then please list when, how long, and the reason. - A few times, never more than a week although the ban has been longer than that. The last reason being I was disrespectful to staff for an error on both sides.

(11.) Are the Server staff or the players more important? Why? - They're both equally important, as i've said on past applications The staff will assure there is order in the server and a sense of calm, whereas without players there would be nobody to make the game. '

(12) How would you rate your skills overall out of 10 (EX: Patience, response time, etc) - 

Patience - 8 
Response Time - 9 
Communication- 8
Leadership- 10
Decision Making - 8
Team-work - 7

(13.) If you do not know how to handle a situation in a mod-sit, what do you do? - Call an admin, or another mod. 

(14.) You understand and realize, that by applying for staff on the server also means, that you are sacrificing the complete freedom of being able to RP freely all the time without any interruptions, and are obligated to handle all server issues at hand no matter the situation? - Yes.

(15.) Please make a list of all previous staff applications, a link to them, and the reason they were locked. If they were accepted, please give a short explanation of why you are no longer staff. (Disregard if this is your first application)  Both were locked by my request.

https://starbystargaming.com/showthread.php?tid=2336
https://starbystargaming.com/showthread.php?tid=2115

Note: I ask anyone with a -1 to please be respectful and to give advice on what you think would be the best approach to better myself for this position
   “So we drove on toward death through the cooling twilight.” - F. Scott Fitzgerald

[Image: giphy.gif]
❤ Loving Wife of Borf Vantar ❤

+1 mature player, puts a lot of hours into the server, well suited for the role, has a microphone, enforces rules.
Not sure what reason there is not to give mod.
Gl homie!
[Image: unknown.png]

Instead of working on the criticism she received on her last app, she continued to be toxic on the server with no provocation. A staff member shouldn't act the way that you do, I don't dislike you and I'm sorry but I don't think you should be staff.

Edit: Btw quick question, why'd you go from a mod app to a GM app to a mod app again? @AGoobToRemember
[Image: I3z07ES.png]
[Image: tumblr_mtc9ybnlzK1s4q4eyo1_500.gif]
[Image: ZIf7Ua3.png]

Poppy.... idk where to start. You are an amazing person to hang out with no and I alwasy see you prefect. You understand the rules and you are well liked/ Known by saying this I give you a +1
[Image: tumblr_mmndqi69t31s8k85mo1_500.gif] [Image: tenor4.gif]

-1 exactly what ariel said plus your already promoting your staff app i would advice you to read the rules of applying for staff plus really take some time to get rid of your bad image you spread drama and spread false rumors i have seen you multiple times give new players false rules you word the rules and change them there some very serious things you need to fix before you apply for staff again.

And before anyone says im lying about self promoting the staff app i have a picture of her doing it so if staff want to see it just pm me

(12-01-2018, 02:49 AM)Pr1nce ᛕᚱᛁᚾᛍᛂᛝᛞ Wrote: -1 exactly what ariel said plus your already promoting your staff app i would advice you to read the rules of applying for staff plus really take some time to get rid of your bad image you spread drama and spread false rumors i have seen you multiple times give new players false rules you word the rules and change them there some very serious things you need to fix before you apply for staff again.

And before anyone says im lying about self promoting the staff app i have a picture of her doing it so if staff want to see it just pm me

I'm promoting it? How so. I've never told anyone to vote on my application. I specifically ask friends to NOT vote on it if they see and ask about it.

Edit: If you're talking about discord, my conversation with said person was for comfort and advice, not for a vote as i've never seen this person vote on anything before nor would i have her do such a thing, I also went back and reiterated this to said player. Please remember to just edit posts not the make a whole new post btw. If staff feel as though for a first time "offense" they need to lock it they can be free to, it's okay :) I had no intention to break rules, sorry to everyone who feels thing way.
   “So we drove on toward death through the cooling twilight.” - F. Scott Fitzgerald

❤ Loving Wife of Borf Vantar ❤

(12-01-2018, 02:54 AM)AGoobToRemember Wrote:
(12-01-2018, 02:49 AM)Pr1nce ᛕᚱᛁᚾᛍᛂᛝᛞ Wrote: -1 exactly what ariel said plus your already promoting your staff app i would advice you to read the rules of applying for staff plus really take some time to get rid of your bad image you spread drama and spread false rumors i have seen you multiple times give new players false rules you word the rules and change them there some very serious things you need to fix before you apply for staff again.

I'm promoting it? How so. I've never told anyone to vote on my application. I specifically ask friends to NOT vote on it if they see and ask about it.

bringing up that you applied for staff again is still self promoting you dont have to tell them to go plus 1

Woah there you two, don’t start arguing on an application, take it to PMs or drop it here.

As for my vote, 

I am sorry to say Poppy, but you have a very very very large amount of things to work on, I myself have seen and heard you make up rules that confuse new players which sometimes gets them into trouble, You are very passive aggressive which is a bad trait for a staff member, I have also seen you arguing and starting conflicts with players over very little things in server to which then staff have to get into to resolve the issue, You do report which is a plus in it’s own fashion but around 45% of your reports are miniscule things which could be handled in RP by talking to the player, sometimes you have a very toxic behavior in OOC when arguing with players in OOC which is very bad, you very few times let your attitude and ego get in the way of proper judgement and so on. 

Have a nice day.
[Image: aldoupb0236.png]

"I do not hate those who are weak, I only pity them."

[Image: SelfishSecondhandChameleon-size_restricted.gif]

gryffindorPride Gryffindor & Ravenclaw ravenclawPride Fusion

Became VIP on November 22nd

Started Trial on November 25th

So you asked me not to comment on your app but I like to give feedback and would actually like to see you grow if that is what you want, if you actually want to be better. How are you to grow if you don't get feedback? Sometimes you need someone to give a little tough love. You can listen to my feedback or completely ignore my vote thats completely up to you. Sorry for disregarding your PM.

As of RECENTLY, I have seen you try to argue about rules in OOC with Satia. I have seen you and warned you about being disrespectful to other players, in OOC, more than once. You have accused me for targeting you simply because I warn you for things that I would warn any player about (I have had to tell you this before, I will warn ANYONE of the rules, I don't care who they are. They can be my absolute best friend or my worst enemy. They are getting the same warning). You got angry for other staff members for "calling you out" for them telling you not to do something in OOC. Among other things that I cannot think of right now.
Like I promise you it isn't me holding grudges. If you were an awesome, sweet, person on the server, I would forget about the past of you causing problems with major disrespect towards staff. However, I haven't seen you grow from this. True, I haven't seen you freak out in a sit in a long while but I haven't had to pull you into sits. I would love to see you become better if you were actively trying and actually taking feedback and if you completely STOPPED with the disrespect and stopped causing drama. It gets old. It is old. Poppy, you are lovely to be around when you don't do these things. But these things you do and your attitude outweigh those rare moments I catch of you where you are actually nice to be around.

I will vote NEUTRAL on this app since you think I am bias. I just wanted to give my feedback and let you know what you need to work on.

Best of luck to you.
[Image: JkfMJOv.jpg?1]

~Dark Enchantress~
~Corrupted Overwatch~
~Hogwarts Mod since 8/12/18~
~Hogwarts Admin since 12/2/18~

I feel uncomfortable BEING NEAR YOU. I shouldn't be feeling that well towards a staff member (which you want to be). I tried giving you advice on the server and you started targeting me in response. You can be so rude and always cause drama. You can not take critism it is obvious.

You're not the type of person i want to be a staff member.

"The fear of death follows from the fear of life"    
Amelia Ozera
            Joined February 2017