Name Appeal

I want to have the name Ted T Logan, it's harmless, and it's a boss name!

My understanding of the "No Famous Muggles" rule, was that you aren't allowed the name/s of real people.

Either I should be allowed this name, or the rules should at least be made clearer for me, and future people that may have a similar problem.

Either way, this is not excellent.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Ted Theodore logan from Bill and ted's excellent adventure played by Keanu Reaves.

♫~♪~♫
Sick of being in my head and thinking about my fate
And worried about my health
Wanna waste away my days with a pretty young thing
And blow through all my wealth
I made some mistakes, not so good with planning
But I got some skills in easy living
Cut my ties with desperation
and learned to live with a little sensation

Hey
Just for the day we’ll pretend I’m made of money
I’ll be your sugar daddy
Hey
Let’s make a fool of ourselves and crash a party
Act like we own the place
♫~♪~♫
Expand Signature

still doesn't help explain to me why i'm not allowed it

Also, did you honestly just change your name on the server after the staff told you not to and then chose to log off the moment you did it?

Further examples of unacceptable names:
1.) Derogatory or discriminatory language within your name. This may lead to an instant punishment.
2.) Famous muggle's name such as, but not limited to, Donald Trump, Lil Wayne, or Soda Poppin. <This one right here includes "Soda Poppin" while not his real name, is still a name he used as a character, it's also not limited to these.
3.) Impersonating or using a variation of a notable user or staff member. E.g. Astrew Nouva is not allowed.
4.) Using memes within your name.
5.) Sexual or crude name. E.g. Ben Dover, Aniti Cawk, Heywood Jablomi.
6.) Play on words/pun/innuendo. E.g. Ove Erthere, Phuc N. Stupid, Helen Back.
7.) An object or place that is not recognized as a legitimate name. E.g. Telephone Pole, Freemont Street, Taj Mahal.
8.) Random nonsense.

*Staff have final say whether a name is RP valid or not. Upon leaving a name sit with a proper name and should a user revert their name to an improper one, the user may be banned without being brought to another sit.

PLEASE NOTE: If you were denied a name by a staff member but you believe that you should be allowed the name, you may make a name appeal in Help/Feedback explaining why you should be allowed to keep your name. The acting server manager will either accept or deny the appeal. Their word is final.

If staff tells you no to a name and a rule isn't listed here, LISTEN TO THE STAFF.

not to mention this reached itself into a meme

♫~♪~♫
Sick of being in my head and thinking about my fate
And worried about my health
Wanna waste away my days with a pretty young thing
And blow through all my wealth
I made some mistakes, not so good with planning
But I got some skills in easy living
Cut my ties with desperation
and learned to live with a little sensation

Hey
Just for the day we’ll pretend I’m made of money
I’ll be your sugar daddy
Hey
Let’s make a fool of ourselves and crash a party
Act like we own the place
♫~♪~♫
Expand Signature

If you switched back to that name again.......... -1

Tagging server manager for his response
@Michael Classicius
[Image: k9yKF5r.jpg]
Expand Signature

-1 Against the rules as it is a character’s name though it may not be his real name. Do not change your name back to any name you were told you were not allowed to have unless your name appeal is accepted; you will get in trouble.
"For someone who like myself in whom the ability to trust others is so cracked and broken that I am wretchedly timid and forever trying to read the expression on people's faces"
Joined August 17, 2018
Hogwarts RP Moderator since November 25th, 2018
Master Prestige since December 4th, 2018
Clone Wars RP Moderator since March 2nd, 2019
"If every hope abandons you, there's peace in that you know"
Expand Signature

+1
What's the problem here, like seriously? 

I've seen a player w/ a name variation of the superman actor Dean Cain. And I've never seen him get pulled or in trouble for that unless I just haven't seen the appeal. 

Sorry for name dropping, just giving an example.

Plus I've seen way too many random/historical/pun name Variations that are still active and unmolested by this Name Rule. Stop Wasting this guys time please.
[Image: giphy.gif]
  • Joined Sep 2018
  • Donated Eventually
  • 1st Place Hogwarts Got Talent March 2019
  • Most Annoyingest  Peeves

• Hufflepuff House Till I Die

Godmother to Miro 
Expand Signature

Your profile picture is the first image that comes up when you google your name, evident that you are trying to have the name of a famous character. 
As Odin stated with the rules, by having the name you are breaking the second one.
You state that if you don't receive permission to use this name, the rules should be made clearer regarding it.. But you also changed your name back when asked to fix it by a staff member so I doubt that having the rule specifically written would have mattered since rule 4 clearly states to obey staff and even in the name rules it states "If staff tells you no to a name and a rule isn't listed here, LISTEN TO THE STAFF"
slytherinPride ZAGAN V INKARNA slytherinPride 
LEADER OF The Independent Order of Odd Fellows
REJOINED SBS January 2019
PRESTIGE 1 HogwartsRP
Expand Signature

I mean, i didn't know what this name was from until someone said. Odin basically explained which names are allowed and what you shouldn't put as your name. As far as i am aware this is a name of a character.

Amelia Silver-Dragonfyre
Joined February 2016
Daily Prophet Journalist
Expand Signature

-1 absolutely not, should not be allowed.
VIP: February 28th 2017
Moderator: April 23rd 2017
Created Custom Class: The Auror Enforcer - June 10th 2017
Created Custom Class: Dan the Ghost - Sept 5th 2017
Created Bulletins (Click Here) - Sept 10th 2018

The longest running SBS HogwartsRP Staff Member for the best damn community ever.
Expand Signature