Anna Moonfall's GM Application

Heart 
(1.) What is your SteamID? - STEAM_0:0:52522849

(1a) What is your most recent ingame name? - Anna Moonfall

(1b) What is your current year level in-game? (MUST be 7th to apply.) - Prestige 1; Second Year

(2.) What Timezone do you live in? - Eastern Standard Time (US & Canada)

(2a) Please put what times you are most active in CST (Chicago US), so the managers know when they can expect to see you. - 1pm to 9pm

(3.) How old are you? - 17

(4.) When did you first join our server and how did you discover it? - I first joined the server about 2ish years ago, I was looking for something new to play and it was a popular server so I decided to give it a try!

(4a) How can we be sure you will stay active and loyal (with your time) to Star by Star? - I don't have any commitments during the weeks (other than school), so I promise to always be active, kind, and helpful during these times!

(4b) Do you understand you can be let go at ANY time for inactivity? - Yes, I completely understand this. Being inactive shows that you aren't dedicated to the server enough so you will be replaced with someone who is.

(5.) Do you understand and agree to not only comply with, but also enforce the rules of the Server when necessary? - Yes, I completely understand this. Rulebreaking will not only make myself look bad, but will also affect the reputation of the server if a gamemaster is seen as a "minge" or "rulebreaker".

(5a) When listing the rules please explain what they mean to show that you understand them.
 List Rules below:
 1: Do not failrp - This basically means not to break your character in roleplay. Examples may include entering the dark forest while underlevel, Using "memes" in local chat, etc. 
 2: No disrespect/racism/hatespeech of any kind - This means that any use of hatespeech such as racism, sexism, or anything of the kind will not be tolerated.
 3: No RDM (Random Deathmatch) - This means that you should never attack someone without a valid roleplay reason. Essentially killing someone for no reason.
 4: Obey Staff & RP Leaders - This means that you should always listen to what staff or roleplay leaders tell you. RP leaders include prefects, head prefects, head boy/girl, teachers, and the headmaster.
 5: No Large Scale Freespelling - This basically means that you should never cast a spell without a valid rp reason, especially on a large scale. Spelling someone without damage is not considered freespelling right away, unless you continue after being warned to stop.
 6: Do Not Metagame - This is very similar to failrp; Means not to use information which hasn't been acquired through roleplay. An example of this would be saving someone from being kidnapped who put the message saying to help through OOC.
 7: No Spamming - This means not to flood chat / excessively use your microphone in order to disrupt roleplaying.
 8: Do Not Fail Advert - Advert is meant only for specific roleplay purposes. These purposes may include Activating PTS, Calling a DOS, Stating RFD, Hall Passes, Ransomes, Calling Meetings, Passive Roleplay.
 9: No Erotic Roleplay: This forbids roleplaying explicit sexual actions
 10: Do not map exploit or avoid afk system: Avoiding afk system is when you use an external program/other to automatically move in order to avoid being afk kicked. Map exploiting is attempting to clip outside the map intentionally.

(5b) Expain what the term "minge" means, when referring to a player on the server - A minge is referring to someone who has little/no intentions of roleplaying; and is attempting to disrupt roleplay or breaking server rules.

(6.) Tell us about yourself and why you want to be staff on SBS? (100 words or less)My name is Ethan; I've been playing gmod roleplay for years now. I would like to be a gamemaker because I believe that I have many fun ideas; and I would love to help with administration on the server. I have lots of fun event ideas; and i'm very helpful, nice, and kind. I've been playing the server for a while now and i'm looking for new ways to further my support for the community!

(7.) What do you feel you need to improve on the most? - I feel that I need to improve on my player interaction more; I am online quite often but I feel as though not many people actually have interacted with me yet.

(8.) How would having you on staff benefit our server and what sets you apart from the rest of the applicants? - Having me as staff on the server would provide the community with someone who is constantly dedicated; helpful; and kind. I have had experience with so many staff situations; and I always try to keep calm and be level headed during sits. My policy is that a punishment shouldn't always be given. Staff should be kind, have empathy, and give chances. When someone has broken the rules, I believe that you should always go to them, explain the rule they broke, and make sure they understand what they did before deciding to distribute a punishment. Every player should be treated differently depending on the situation and how they respond. 

(9.) Have you been staff/are currently on any other servers? If so, which ones? (List them if possible)I have been staff on too many servers to name. Positions I have held include developer, community manager, moderator, senior admin, co-owner, head of development, staff manager, senior moderator, gamemaster.

(10.) Have you ever been banned on any Garrys Mod/SBS servers? If yes, then please list when, how long, and the reason. - I was banned on this server once; for exploiting the afk system for 1 week. It wasn't intentional, my key ended up getting stuck pressed down.

(11.) Are the Server staff or the players more important? Why? - I believe that both are equally important. The players are what keeps the community driving and they provide support and funding for the server; while Staff make sure that everything is running smooth and do lots of behind the scenes work for the community.

(12.) How would you rate your skills overall out of 10 (EX: Patience, Communication, etc) - I would rate my skills overall at about a 6/10. I am working to become better with my interaction skills.

(13.) How familiar on a scale of 1 to 10 are you with Garrys Mod Sandbox tools? - I would say that i'm about an 8. I've been using them for years.

(14.) Give us a couple of detailed examples of an event you would use and how you would proceed with them
 First Event - A visit from the Minister for Magic turns rogue! This event would start with the minister's arrival at Hogwarts, there on official Ministry business. Upon arrival, the Minister is ambushed by death eaters and captured as a prisoner of Voldemort. The dark forces then proceed to place him under an Imperius Curse; with the intention to overtake the Ministry. Meanwhile, the Light Forces recieve word of the kidnapping of the Minister and hold an emergency meeting in order to plan for his recovery. Once the dark forces have cursed the minister; they prepare for an all-out attack on hogwarts. With the minister in his grasp; Voldemort prepares to overtake hogwarts and the ministry as a whole. While all-out war between the dark and light forces rages; Voldemort and Dumbledore clash. Dumbledore is defeated by Voldemort. A look of horror and shock is across the face of all light forces. Voldemort now starts demanding the allegance of all the hogwarts students/staff, killing anyone who does not comply. Just when all hope seems lost; A group of advanced students led by Harry Potter step foward and challenge Voldemort. This inspires hope within the students; as they all step foward to protect Hogwarts as a whole. The combined force of the remaining aurors and students cause Voldemort to become weak, and he calls a full dark force retreat. At this point, Dumbledore has semi-recovered from the duel, very weak. A great sense of pride is shared among the students; and we find out that a special operations force has recovered the minister and are working in order to break the curse. A meeting in the great hall is held by the Deputy Headmistress, commending the students for their bravery and valiance in saving Hogwarts. Potter and the group of students recieve special commendations, and are pronounced heroes at Hogwarts.
 Second Event - An attack on hogwarts! - This event would commence with multiple "portals" opening around the school. These portals would bring creatures that attack the school. The primary objective of this event would be to defeat all the creatures, including a boss at the end of the battle.

(15.) Do you have any experience using ULX or building on Garry's Mod? - Yes, I have tons of experience with ulx and it's extensions; I know all the commands necessary in order to succeed as a gamemaker. I am also fairly experienced with building.

(16.) You understand and realize, that by applying for staff on the server also means, that you are sacrificing the complete freedom of being able to RP freely all the time without any interruptions, and are obligated to handle all server issues at hand no matter the situation? - Yes, I fully understand this. The duties as a gamemaker will always come first before roleplay.

(17.) Please make a list of all previous staff applications, a link to them, and the reason they were locked. If they were accepted, please give a short explanation of why you are no longer staff. (Disregard if this is your first application) - N/A

GM is one of the hardest positions to fill and the event showcase is meant to "wow" people with the applicants top ideas and normally these showcases feature a large amount of events being at least 5 in-depth event descriptions. Given your year level I'd say wait out awhile before applying for gamemaker but also your 2 events themselves are basically just normal lockdowns but with a with special beginning that doesnt bring that "wow" factor required to be a GM.

Based on how new the applicant is going by year level (also taking into account responce to question 4) and status of events in showcase -1
[Image: when-you-insult-one-direction_o_564339.gif]
Expand Signature

(04-17-2019, 07:55 PM)Manfred Man Wrote: GM is one of the hardest positions to fill and the event showcase is meant to "wow" people with the applicants top ideas and normally these showcases feature a large amount of events being at least 5 in-depth event descriptions. Given your year level I'd say wait out awhile before applying for gamemaker but also your 2 events themselves are basically just normal lockdowns but with a with special beginning that doesnt bring that "wow" factor required to be a GM.

Based on how new the applicant is going by year level (also taking into account responce to question 4)  and status of events in showcase -1

-1 for the same reasons, you only have 2 events and 1 of them really lacks detail. You should go more in depth/come up with some more events.
HMM
[Image: screen-shot-2014-03-19-at-8-11-55-am-1501155273_lrg.jpg][Image: giphy.gif]
                       Philippians 4:6-7 "Watch your binds"
Expand Signature

Neutral leading towards -1
You state that you joined the server 2ish years ago but only are Prestige 1, I'm assuming you have been inactive a lot due to the low year?
I have also not seen you on too much (This could be a timezone issue)
and your event ideas are... not too detailed and I would include some more ideas instead of just showing two.

To change my vote here are some suggestions:
- Get more involved within the community, get your name out there
- Fix up your application by adding more event ideas and expanding in detail.
slytherinPride ZAGAN V INKARNA slytherinPride 
[Image: giphy.gif]
LEADER OF The Independent Order of Odd Fellows
REJOINED SBS January 2019
PRESTIGE 1 HogwartsRP
Expand Signature

I don't see you a lot. I see you sometimes play Ravenclaw Heir but thats it. You don't have a lot of events, your second one is explained in 2 sentences. Events need to be well detailed and both of them tbh aren't interesting to me. I want to see more events and for them to be detailed and to see you more. Activity matters!
[Image: image0.jpg] 
 Amelia Silver-Dragonfyre
Joined February 2016 
Daily Prophet Journalist
Expand Signature

Your events lack detail and the application isn't well presented and looks like not a lot of effort has been put into it.

I am sorry if this sounds negative and I know you're applying to make the players experience at SBS better but you need to put more effort into your application and more events need to be added.

Good Luck with your application buddy.

- Jack Inkarna
[Image: tumblr_pwcfr4mP7u1yu7o3lo1_1280.png]

Hogwarts Moderator
Expand Signature

-1 I haven't seen you much but have been away a bit this week or so however your events are honestly bad as well as for the Minister job you need permission to use it by Gina and have yet to see that happen for any even. The second event is sooo boring, way too many GMs have events of just kill XYZ as the actual objective it SUCKS. Be more creative with your events maybe watch some episodic TV shows like early Sifi or maybe watch some people play some dungeons & dragons there's normal some games being streamed of DnD on twitch.
[Image: 6b3412b5d6175be43fc225016937badf.png]
[Image: HailZarosBro.png]
Expand Signature

Lokt 30days May apply again
♫~♪~♫
Sick of being in my head and thinking about my fate
And worried about my health
Wanna waste away my days with a pretty young thing
And blow through all my wealth
I made some mistakes, not so good with planning
But I got some skills in easy living
Cut my ties with desperation
and learned to live with a little sensation

Hey
Just for the day we’ll pretend I’m made of money
I’ll be your sugar daddy
Hey
Let’s make a fool of ourselves and crash a party
Act like we own the place
♫~♪~♫

Original Writer of the Prefect Guide
Original Writer of the Common Server suggestions
Original writer of 'accepted suggestions' (Deleted by forum staff)
Several compendium rules crafted and written by me
Expand Signature