Octavian Sanguis mod application

(1.) What is your SteamID? - STEAM_0:0:196585468

(1a) What is your most recent in-game name? - Octavian Sanguis

(1b) What is your current year level in-game? (MUST be 7th to apply.) - Prestige 5, Year 4 (and increasing quickly)

(2.) What Timezone do you live in? - EST

(2a) Please put what times you are most active in CST (Chicago US), so the managers know when they can expect to see you. - 3PM-6AM (CST) Off and on, it's erratic. 

(3.) How old are you? - 20

(4.) When did you first join our server and how did you discover it? - I first joined the server about 3 years ago. I played until about 4th or 5th year then my spell tree got glitched, couldn't use spells, and I couldn't fix it, so I left and then came back and became very active about 4-5 months ago.

(4a) How can we be sure you will stay active and loyal (with your time) to Star by Star? - I love being on the server and have personal goals, one being to at least get to 7th year, 7th prestige. I've been getting online, on the server, at least once every 1-2 days for the past 4 ish months now; it won't stop now, even if I was given a moderator position.

(4b) Do you understand you can be let go at ANY time for inactivity? - Yes, indeed :>

(5.) Do you understand and agree to not only comply with, but also enforce the rules of the Server when necessary? - Yes, indeed :>

(5a) When listing the rules please explain what they mean to show that you understand them.
 List Rules below:
 1: No fail RP. Respect RP leadership, no suicides, no rdming students as a student. Overall, respect what should be obvious to RP, staying in character, play your job/role minding the more specific rules such as the examples given.
 2: Be respectful towards other players and staff. No truly hateful conduct. No racial slurs. Keep the disrespect off the table. 
 3: No RDMing. Do not kill someone for no RP reason. Do not kill someone because you want to. Follow your jobs killing rules, which will depend on your status as Dark Forces, Light Forces, Wild Neutral, or Allied Neutral. 
 4: Obey staff and RP leaders. Staff have the ultimate say in a situation so respect their decisions. RP leaders can tell their RP kiddos what to do to certain extents following RP/Rule 1.
 5: Do not Free-Spell. Casting spells without an RP reason. Examples: As a student, do not go around stupefying people constantly. As an auror, a job that cannot be arrested by prefects and such, do not free spell anyone. 
 6: No meta-gaming. Do not purposefully use out of game resources to affect in-game play, or even in-game, do not do something that would not regularly happen in RP. Examples: A student letting a snatcher/DF snatch them. A party in discord giving out locations and health meters. 
 7: Do not Mic/Chat Spam. Chat Spam: Do not type multiple messages in a row in ooc/advert on purpose to spam the chat. Mic Spam: Do not play music, loud noises, random blips in voice. Also, do not be loud and obnoxious in voice.
 8: Advert is for RP purposes only. RP leaders can use this for RP purposes, such as Voldemort using it to call a snatcher/DF meeting or telling DF to "bring him" specific snatches. Advert is used to claim the pitch as well. Advert can be used by teachers to activate PTS (Permission to Speak), tell when class will begin, dismiss class. 
 9: No ERP. Erotic Role Play. This can be iffy a lot of the times to people, but in my own words, No ERP means do not purposefully be doing anything "Erotic" in game as it is considered fail RP on the server. Erotic meaning anything sexual or suggestive. This can range from moaning in mic to talking about sexual things or making erotic jokes on the server to using in-game dances or emotes to purposefully make it seem like sexual actions are the goal. 
 10: Do not avoid the AFK system. Being AFK for 20 minutes will automatically kick someone off the server. However, avoiding the AFK system applies to those who are not actively in game for more than 20 minutes and are doing something to keep themselves online to gain experience. This can be sitting in an inactive classroom and moving now and then, being in an unpopular place to avoid being seen while being afk and moving now and then, or even using console commands to keep yourself in game. This rule applies even more to prefects and people taking up low pop jobs, such as jobs with only one person allowed at a time (limited jobs).

(5b) Explain what the term "minge" means, when referring to a player on the server - In server terms, a minge is someone who is obviously trying to be annoying, obnoxious, rude, constantly breaking rules, even slightly now and then. 

(6.) Tell us about yourself and why you want to be staff on SBS? (100 words or less) - Hi, I'm Octavian. I'm on the server a lot more than I should be. I'm a goody two-shoes and try to make friends with most everyone. I hate drama, absolutely, and will go to many lengths to avoid it. I like to give an up-beat, silly attitude with a serious background when need-be. I applied for staff today, for the first time, because I'm on quite a bit and feel like I can contribute to the server through moderating, and would very much like to :>. I was told recently in a great hall that "SBS is seeking more/new moderators" as well, and I feel that I can fit that position.

(7.) What do you feel you need to improve on the most? - There are a few grey areas for me as far as more in-depth rules or all the rules of all the closed donator jobs. If I'm accepted as a moderator, I'm sure that I'll learn new or needed things regarding these grey areas or things I didn't know before to able to become a better moderator and be able to explain things better. Being stern and unbiased will also have to be something that comes more naturally to me, as well, but I'm sure I can do it.

(8.) How would having you on staff benefit our server and what sets you apart from the rest of the applicants? - I am online quite a bit. I know there's a lot of mingy behavior on the server and I know that I can contribute to resolving as many issues as possible. What puts me aside from other applicants might be my unique personality, knack for avoiding dramatic situations, and being overly-polite.

(9.) Have you been staff/are currently on any other servers? If so, which ones? (List them if possible) - Yes. A popular TTT server called MOAT.gg. I applied for trial staff and was accepted a day after. Eventually, I was promoted to to administrator. I was staff on this server for about 3-4 months.

(10.) Have you ever been banned on any Garrys Mod/SBS servers? If yes, then please list when, how long, and the reason. - I've never been banned on the SBS server or any other Garry's Mod servers. I've only been kicked automatically for inactivity on both moat.gg and sbs servers. 

(11.) Are the Server staff or the players more important? Why? - This is an odd question. I don't think that either the staff or the players are more important than the other. The staff are important for the same reason that the players are. We're all people here. It's important as a staff member to teach the players how to play and not to ban every minge or non prestige off the server. The server would die if staff didn't give people some lenience. The players being important to populate the server and have fun, but the staff being important to regulate the server and have fun as well. 

(12) How would you rate your skills overall out of 10 (EX: Patience, response time, etc) - On the MOAT.gg server I administrated on, my response time was immediate. I've seen a lot of moderating on the SBS server and how things are gone about with reports to staff in-game, and my thoughts are that this servers moderating is a bit different than what I'm used to, but not too severely. As far as attitude and dealing with reports, problems, questions, rules, and people, that I can do. As far as teleporting people and myself around, I'm not very used to that, but I'm sure it's not too hard. On a scale of 1-10, my response time to a report on the server can be as bad as an 8.5 and as good as a 10.

(13.) If you do not know how to handle a situation in a mod-sit, what do you do? - I would either refer to another staff member for help, if another is on, or if I am the only one on, I would ask to postpone the situation and seek help through referencing forum rules on the forums or through !rules, or maybe even get a hold of another staff member for quick assistance out of game (such as through discord, text or calling).

(14.) You understand and realize, that by applying for staff on the server also means, that you are sacrificing the complete freedom of being able to RP freely all the time without any interruptions, and are obligated to handle all server issues at hand no matter the situation? - I am fully aware and have waited for some time to apply, but I believe that I am ready for this responsibility. 

(15.) Please make a list of all previous staff applications, a link to them, and the reason they were locked. If they were accepted, please give a short explanation of why you are no longer staff. (Disregard if this is your first application) - First application :>
[Image: Hermione2.jpg]
Expand Signature

Big Grin 
+1

Good person 
Always active on the server
Always being a Prefect 
Knows the Rules well 
would make a great mod

(Good Luck :) ) 
Joined December 21st 2017 

Father of the Cutie Lil Harry <3

The King of PVP 

ravenclawPride ravenclawPride ravenclawPride  
Expand Signature

Hey Octavian ! I would like to see you as a mod. You always play as a prefect and you have knowledge. And when you prefect you don't annoy people, you are lovely person.  Heart +1
Daughter of Cassie Ragnulf and Dan Klein

Twins with Waggy Ragnulf

Mother of Timo, John, Bwad, Arne, Rosemary, Jonny 

gryffindorPride
Expand Signature

I gotta agree with everything that jacktot and daphne said
+1
[Image: giphy.gif?cid=19f5b51a5caf7fbd757067414d451e33]

ʷʰᵃᵗ ᶤˢ ᵈᵉᵃᵈ ᵐᵃʸ ᶰᵉᵛᵉʳ ᵈᶤᵉ
Expand Signature

+1

Octavian is tha man you can depend on. Knows the rules likes to RP and most of all wants everyone to have a good time.

This is one of those people that will speak with a calm voice and can hypnotize a rulebreaker with common sense and proper tone.

Would be a great addition to the team and would love to get banned by him someday  Heart

- Timo Bigeye-Xenos 

Engaged to Chloe Bigeye  harrylove

Biggggggggg +1

Amazing character, Down to earth, funny guy when in game, knows the rules well, reports a lot and helps when staff are solo, I think you would fit in well as a member of staff and you get on well with everyone.
[Image: 23ksxg9.jpg]
[Image: 2pte2r4.jpg]
Expand Signature

I'm going to go ahead and give you a +1

You're active, I see you prefecting, helping other players, and reporting, as well as being pretty friendly to everyone. 

I mentioned I wanted to see you teach and host a Great Hall, and I saw you teach a class (yesterday I believe) and you handled that very well. 

The only thing I would still like to see from you is a Great Hall.
                                                                                                                                           [Image: giphy.gif]                                           
Lila Ideale-Mlinaric
Married to Millsy Casey-Mlinaric
Joined September 2018 | Former HWRP Moderator | The Obliviator

Expand Signature

Huge +1

He is extremely friendly and prefects a ton, helps new players and is a really chill dude.
I think he would be great as staff.

nnnOO
[Image: sketch_San_micha1.png]
[Image: giphy.gif]
Hogwarts - San Mercy-Heart

Expand Signature

Big +1. Octavian is a nice guy and is always prefecting / enforcing the rules. Should be given a chance as a staff member.
[Image: qOBdvY4.jpg][Image: y1KXgd8.jpg]
Expand Signature

+1 for the same reason has said You deserve a shot at being staff. GL  Heart