Tom Sanguis L d'Aquitaine Mod app #5

(1.) What is your SteamID? - STEAM_0:1:76850780

(1a) What is your most recent ingame name? - Tom Sanguis-d'Aquitaine or Tom Sanguis-Lumino

(1b) What is your current year level in-game? (MUST be 7th to apply.) - I am Prestige 7 Year 6

(2.) What Timezone do you live in? - CET.

(2a) Please put what times you are most active in CST (Chicago US), so the managers know when they can expect to see you. - From 8 CST until 16 CST.

(3.) How old are you? - I'm 15 years old

(4.) When did you first join our server and how did you discover it? - In September 2017. I was watching the harry potter movies again and want to play a harry potter game. so I started playing lego harry potter but that was not really my thing. so found out that there was Hogwarts RP on G-mod and gave it a try. I searched true the servers and saw SBS and joined it.

(4a) How can we be sure you will stay active and loyal (with your time) to Star by Star? - In the time I have been playing on the server, I made a lot of friends and I don't want to lose them.

(4b) Do you understand you can be let go at ANY time for inactivity? - Yes I fully understand

(5.) Do you understand and agree to not only comply with, but also enforce the rules of the Server when necessary? - Yes I agree and I understand

(5a) When listing the rules please explain what they mean to show that you understand them.
 List Rules below:
 1: No Fail RP: This means you shouldn't do things that a person wouldn't do in real life, like committing suicide, resisting against a snatcher, and attacking your own forces.
 2: No Disrespect or Hate speeches: Respect everyone, do not discriminate against anyone for their skin color, voice, origin, do not call people the F or N word.
 3: No RDM: Don't kill people if you don't have an RP reason for it. like killing a student in a class or killing a snatcher who is not revealed etc.
 4: Obey staff and RP leaders: Always listen to the higher-ups. like prefects need to listen to Dumbledore/Teacher and Head boy/girl. Always listen to the staff too. like if a staff member tells you to change the name then you change name.
 5: No free spelling: don't use spells that can harm people for no reason. Your only allowed to use those spells if you have a good RP reason for it.
 6: No Meta-Gaming: Do not use out of character knowledge. like saying that a snatcher is a snatcher when they are not revealed.
 7: Do not Mic/Chat spam: Don't play music over your mic or make an annoying sound like a high pitch sound. Don't spam chat if you have to say something then say it and wait a bit before saying it again
 8: No fail Adverting: Adverting is for RP purposes only. don't say stuff like /advert I'm in the RS.
 9: No ERP (Erotic role play): Don't do sexual stuff on the server. we have a lot of kids playing on the server and we don't want to lose them.
10: Do not avoid the AFK system/Map Exploit: The AFK system is on 20min if you have to go AFK for longer then that just leave. don't use commands like +left or +right. Don't exploit the map don't go to places you should not be at. like in the sky box.

(5b) Explain what the term "minge" means, when referring to a player on the server - The term “minge” is a player who comes on a server to ruin other players their RP experience by harassing or/and trolling.

(6.) Tell us about yourself and why you want to be staff on SBS? (100 words or less) - My name is Tom. I'm 15 years old. and I live in Holland. at the moment I am in high school. next year is my last year in high school. I have no job so I have more time to game :P. The reason I want to become staff is because I want to help the community. I play in a time zone with not that much staff.

(7.) What do you feel you need to improve on the most? - My grammar

(8.) How would having you on staff benefit our server and what sets you apart from the rest of the applicants? - I'm an active player on the forums and on the server. I help a lot of people if they need help with anything. I'm friendly and easy to approach.

(9.) Have you been staff/are currently on any other servers? If so, which ones? (List them if possible) - I have been staff on 4 servers. the first one was called Civile gaming it was a dark RP server. the second one was called Freedom RP it was another dark RP server. the third one was a DarkRP server too but it's not up anymore and I don't remember the name of the server. I have also bin trial on SBS before but failed trials for inactivity

(10.) Have you ever been banned on any Garry's Mod/SBS servers? If yes, then please list when, how long, and the reason. - I have bin band on two servers. it was a DarkRP server. I and a friend were basing together. he was a crip and I was a thief and that was not allowed. we didn't get a warning but a week ban right away. The other server was SBS but it was more like a Joke ban and it was for only 1 min.

(11.) Are the Server staff or the players more important? Why? - The server staff is more important because if there is no server staff the server will be caos and players have no one to ask the questions to.

(12) How would you rate your skills overall out of 10 (EX: Patience, response time, etc) -
Patience - 8
Response time - 9
Fairness - 8.5
Friendliness - 8
Problem Solving - 8.5

(13.) If you do not know how to handle a situation in a mod-sit, what do you do? - Il message a staff member on the server. if there is no other staff member online il message one on discord/Team speak. if there is none on discord il message them on the forums.

(14.) You understand and realize, that by applying for staff on the server also means, that you are sacrificing the complete freedom of being able to RP freely all the time without any interruptions, and are obligated to handle all server issues at hand no matter the situation? - Yes I fully understand

(15.) Please make a list of all previous staff applications, a link to them, and the reason they were locked. If they were accepted, please give a short explanation of why you are no longer staff. (Disregard if this is your first application) -
This was my first apply it got locked because it was 30+ days old: https://starbystargaming.com/showthread.php?tid=2253
This was my Second apply it got locked because it was 30+ days old: https://starbystargaming.com/showthread.php?tid=3029
This was my third apply it got locked because it was 30+ days old: https://starbystargaming.com/showthread.php?tid=3837

This was my Forth apply it got accepted but as I said before I fail trials: https://starbystargaming.com/showthread.php?tid=4622

✠Tom Sanguis L d'Aquitaine✠
✠Joind September 2017✠
✠VIP - Septeber 18
✠<3Married To Tate LumiHeart-d'Aquitaine<3✠
Expand Signature

+1
Tom, i am so glad you applied! you were an awesome moderator, you were active when no other staff member was, always helpful, you were fair and pretty much amazing in every way. When you told me you were demoted i was legit mad about it, you weren't active for a day which you mentioned you wouldn't be for personal reasons, i think thats dumb tbh. Just because you weren't active FOR A DAY doesn't mean you shouldn't be a moderator.

Goodluck! although, you probably won't need it lmfao.

EDIT: To soon? a month is a long ass time.
[Image: image0.jpg] 
 Amelia Silver-Dragonfyre
Joined February 2016 
Daily Prophet Journalist
Expand Signature

Massive +1

Tom was very active when he was a Moderator and knows what he is doing. He doesn’t cause any problems and he is a very nice lad.

Good Luck Tom you deserve it!

- Jack R Inkarna

Edit:

I'm not being funny or anything guys. But Tom was an EXCELLENT Moderator, Reggie as you stated, I think Tom's ban times was MORE than appropriate. He banned people for breaking several rules and excessive racism with long time bans, I've seen Staff Members ban PERMANENT for that reason. I don't think he was heavily influenced by two Staff Member's - they are called RUMOURS and you have decided to believe them rumours.

Others, I don't understand why you're agreeing with Reggie? If I'm total honest, he is wrong in my opinion, yes he use to be an Ex Administrator but he should not question other Staff Member's decision and also Tom was just trial and was learning but yet everyone gave him a rough time? Sorry if this sound negative but I'm stating my opinion and a fact out there.

Tom definitely deserves another chance and was one of the best Trial Moderators a month ago and how is TOO early to re-apply? Come on guys, it was a month ago! That's a long amount of time ago, it was days and weeks ago. He is still active today and is still wanting to help the Server by re-applying! 

I don't know why so many people have negative comments about Tom when you didn't even know the amount of shit players gave Tom. Also, Tom never gives up, he tried his absolute best as a Trial Moderator and proved he was a good one! He is re-applying for a reason, he is re-applying to help players and take reports to take less pressure of the current Staff Member's as the Server is a big Server with many players and with many players, many reports are made which Staff Member's must take and he is also trust worthy, if he was a previous Staff Member, in my opinion he should be allowed back because he knows what he is doing and he was trusted to be a Trial Moderator in the past and even Community Members and some Staff Member's have told him to re-apply!

Thank you for reading this and I hope you all take this into consideration and re-phrase your comments because Tom does not give out too long ban times, as I said, other Staff Member's have given longer ban times for reasons Tom has banned players for.

I know, no one will listen to what I put and won't take it into advice (especially Staff as they are more likely to take other Staff Member's comments and opinions into consideration) but take this into consideration and take this as advice as all of this is true. You can disagree with as much as you want but I know I am right and I know others think I am right.

(Edited by Jacob Williams)
[Image: giphy.gif]
slytherinPride
Expand Signature

Tom, you're a good kid but I'm gonna go ahead an give this a -1 for the time being.  You just failed your first trial less than a month ago.  I don't feel that it has been enough time for you to try and improve the things that you needed to work on.

Some of the things I saw that were taking place are what I feel held you back from being a quality staff member.  It seems to me that you were VERY heavily influenced by two ex-staff members.  While normally this wouldn't be that big of an issue, however those staff members were notorious for questionable bans and lengths.  From an outside perspective it appears to me that you were their "Personal Moderator".  It also appears that they were influencing you when it came to your bans and ban lengths, as well as coming straight to you with their issues in game so you would be the one to handle them how they wanted them to be handled.  Those bans and lengths were often very severe and not usually necessary for the things that took place.  While I can't say that for every ban you issued, however I did see many occasions where the crime did not fit the punishment.

That being said you are pretty laid back and respectful, as well as mature for your age.  My advice is to be your own person, and make decisions that YOU feel are right.  I think you would be an excellent staff member given time and PROPER training.
-Signature Removed | 16 Year Suspension. You may put a new signature up on 4/14/2035 5:27 am EST-
[Image: PNebf0k.jpg]
Expand Signature

I think you were a great moderator and you should keep it +1

Edit: Okay after seen all these comments i had to edit my comment. This is so pathetic that showing things about staff members in the forums which they should be secret between staff members, that i agree with Konrad here. Tom was always active, about the other stuff, he was just on his first week you cant say u failed being a mod ?! Instead of that maybe try to help him and teach him ??? And i have to agree with Allia on one point. Idiotic. He was a great moderator. There was no reason to kick him out. 
Daughter of Cassie Ragnulf and Dan Klein

Twins with Waggy Ragnulf

Mother of Timo, John, Bwad, Arne, Rosemary, Jonny Xenos

Married with the best guy Jacktot   Heart

gryffindorPride
Expand Signature

Everything that was stated by Reggie,
It’s waaaayyyy too soon to apply again after you 
Just failed trial a month ago.

Edit: I know this isn’t too big of a deal but it looks like 
You copied the definition of a Minge and put it into your
App without changing the size or putting it in your own words.
You couldve spent a lot more time and effort on your application.
the
Hogwarts
Defender
Expand Signature

He was a great mod
Very nice so everyone
He didnt deserve to get demoted because he was super active and when he was doing his job he was solo so full mods and admins didnt really see what was he doing 
+1
[Image: giphy.gif?cid=19f5b51a5caf7fbd757067414d451e33]

ʷʰᵃᵗ ᶤˢ ᵈᵉᵃᵈ ᵐᵃʸ ᶰᵉᵛᵉʳ ᵈᶤᵉ
Expand Signature

Reggie just about summed it up for me. I disagreed with your ban lengths and reasons, and letting non-staff backseat moderate. Sorry, -1
Also pretty sure you didnt fail trial because of one day of inactivity...

edit for jack: literally not rumors, its fact, but ok lol
[Image: 7YvtOQi.png]
Theadora of House Laelaps
~Dark Enchantress~
~Corrupted Overwatch~
~Ex-Hogwarts Admin~
Expand Signature

Yeah Reggie made a good point if Tom is influenced by others he cant make unbiased decisions. Also I still think you should put a bit more effort into you'r application 

(reworded some parts)

Neutral

I'll be honest, the claim of "improper ban times" and "wrong reasons" might be more of a failure on the Staff team. If they noticed those issues, they should have corrected them with the trial mod. Of course, I'm not sure if there was an attempt to correct it, and if there was and he still didn't understand then yes it is a failure on his part; if the latter is the case then I don't think that he would be a good candidate, as it just speaks to how he is with a position.
| Leader of the Delaires |  Leo's Aries | Dark Chancellor | Shadowed Acolyte | The Heir of Slytherin |
[Image: miraleo.gif]
[Image: miradelaire1.png]
Expand Signature