Server Moderator Application

(1.) What is your SteamID? - STEAM_0:1:10526276  

(1a) What is your most recent ingame name? - Colleen Sanguis

(1b) What is your current year level in-game? (MUST be 7th to apply.) - Prestige 3 year 5

(2.) What Timezone do you live in? - (MDT)

(2a) Please put what times you are most active in CST (Chicago US), so the managers know when they can expect to see you. - 11:00 PM through 5:00 AM weekdays. I am free weekends and holidays all day long.

(3.) How old are you? - 27 years old.

(4.) When did you first join our server and how did you discover it? - About two years ago now. I discovered it by chance while using the server browser.

(4a) How can we be sure you will stay active and loyal (with your time) to Star by Star? - Staying active is not a problem. I enjoy the server a lot, and would keep playing and maintaining the same times regardless of having moderator or not. I have made a lot of new friends and experiences from the server so far. I look forward to more of that day in day out. As for staying loyal. Integrity and honesty means everything in a person to me. But action speaks louder than words. So loyalty is seen, not explained. 

(4b) Do you understand you can be let go at ANY time for inactivity? - Yes, I do.

(5.) Do you understand and agree to not only comply with, but also enforce the rules of the Server when necessary? - I do.

(5a) When listing the rules please explain what they mean to show that you understand them.
 List Rules below:

1: No Fail RP Do not engage in RP or actions that go beyond the reasonable ability and expectations of what your character is capability of achieving. Doing any action that fails the role of your current class, or breaks others enjoyment of the game is fail RP. For instance killing yourself purposefully as a student, over and over again would be fail RP.  
 2: Disrespectful, hateful, and offensive behavior/speech toward others is not allowed. As Bill & Ted said best. "Be excellent to each other"
 3: No RDMing. (Random Deathmatch) - Do not fight or free-spell others to cause harm, murder or incapacitate them. This must only be done when it falls in line with the RP rules, and your class job.
 4: Obey Staff and RP leaders. - Be respectful and mindful of what the staff has to say, and follow instructions.
 5: No free-spelling. (Casting spells without an RP reason to do so) 
 6: No Meta-Gaming. - Do not disclose or act out of RP reasons with information your Role-play self could not already deduce on their own without outside or real life influence/information. (You don't know they are a snatcher until they reveal themselves.)
 7: Do not mic/chat spam. - Don't be an obnoxious and spam in text or voice chat.
 8: Advert is for RP purposes/leaders only - You may only post in advert if it falls with in your RP job to make an advertisement. Or if it make sense for RP story progression. In context with events.
 9: No ERP.  - Do not engage in role play or verbal conversation that is sexual in nature, or can be consider lewd/inappropriate. 
 10: Do not avoid the AFK system/Map Exploit. - Engaging in scripts/binds or actions that are intended to avoid the 20min AFK kick system in place on the server.

(5b) Expain what the term "minge" means, when referring to a player on the server - A person who deliberately disrupts, disobeys, or causes havoc in order to provoke other players or members to spoil their enjoyment.

(6.) Tell us about yourself and why you want to be staff on SBS? (100 words or less) - I enjoy the community and the server as a whole. I have deep appreciation for the source martial of the Harry Potter Books that the server is based on, and I feel I have a lot to offer the server. I have experience with being a server moderator in the past for another large community on G-MOD. In my real life job I work swing shift, and that leaves me available all hours of the night. Hours when the lack of moderators is felt, and I feel that myself, along with other moderators could better help keep the server a more pleasant, safe, and enjoyable experience for others. 

(7.) What do you feel you need to improve on the most? - I would like to try new things to perhaps grow, change, and better myself as a person. So I can become more confident in myself.

(8.) How would having you on staff benefit our server and what sets you apart from the rest of the applicants? -  I always try my best to be kind, and fair to others. It is my hope that I can bring that aspect of myself into a moderator position and help out within the community.

(9.) Have you been staff/are currently on any other servers? If so, which ones? (List them if possible) - Yes, https://noxiousnet.com/ a G-Mod community, that hosted several servers including the widely popular and original Zombie Survival mod, along with a few other game modes. It has recently since been shut down by it's owner after 12 years of being on Garry's Mod.

(10.) Have you ever been banned on any Garrys Mod/SBS servers? If yes, then please list when, how long, and the reason. - No

(11.) Are the Server staff or the players more important? Why? - Neither can live while the other does not survive.

(12) How would you rate your skills overall out of 10 (EX: Patience, response time, etc) - I'd say an 8 overall. I am very patient and helpful. But there is always room for self improvement on any subject. 

(13.) If you do not know how to handle a situation in a mod-sit, what do you do? - I would ask for assistance/advice from one of the other moderators or admins that may be present on server or within messaging access.

(14.) You understand and realize, that by applying for staff on the server also means, that you are sacrificing the complete freedom of being able to RP freely all the time without any interruptions, and are obligated to handle all server issues at hand no matter the situation? - I do.

(15.) Please make a list of all previous staff applications, a link to them, and the reason they were locked. If they were accepted, please give a short explanation of why you are no longer staff. (Disregard if this is your first application) - https://starbystargaming.com/showthread.php?tid=1526 Locked by adminstration

Thank you for your consideration.  ~ Colleen
Colleen Sanguis

[Image: tumblr_n7la7qZoIv1qmdbnlo1_500.gif]

HAPPINESS ONLY REAL WHEN SHARED.  
Expand Signature

So Collen here we are...
You are very friendly to others and chill too. You look qualified and you have got a pretty good knowledge of the rules.
But I'd like to see you prefecting/teaching just to see your leadership and knowledge.
But I know it could be difficult without a mic so anyway I think you deserve a shot as trail moderator because I think you will be a good one.

I can stay Neutral to +1 for now!
Good luck dear!

Seal Born

[Image: giphy.gif]

- Joined SBS HogwartsRP - March 2018 -
- Loyal Son of Bubsy Dragonfyre - May 2018 -
- Became VIP - June 2018 -
- Became Trial Moderator - 24th June 2019 -
- Became Full Moderator - July 2019 -
Expand Signature

Neutral

Correct me if I’m wrong, but I believe you’e the one who owns and plays on the Veela job right? In the case that it is you, you’re a very quiet person who i haven’t really spoken to, and i mainly see you standing around in the courtyard and stuff. I also rarely see reports from you whenever we’ve been on at the same time.

I haven’t been on the server much recently so I don’t know if you have, but start prefecting, reporting and teaching more and I’ll keep an eye out for it when i get the chance.

Good luck!
[Image: trN9m8M.png]
Hogwarts Administrator | The Peacekeeper
Expand Signature

(05-31-2019, 05:39 PM)Jake Aeternalis-Sanguis Wrote: Neutral

Correct me if I’m wrong, but I believe you’e the one who owns and plays on the Veela job right? In the case that it is you, you’re a very quirt person who i haven’t really spoken to, and i mainly see you standing around in the courtyard and stuff. I also rarely see reports from you whenever we’ve been on at the same time.

I haven’t been on the server much recently so I don’t know if you have, but start prefecting, reporting and teaching more and I’ll keep an eye out for it when i get the chance.

Good luck!
Imma confirm for her she is the one who plays Veela

Ok so your a very kind person. Personally out of the server you have helped me a lot and I would love to see you on the team
Despite you not using your mic I think you should prefect more but besides that
+1
 MABUHAY 
Redgie Sinistra Itenno
CLC 4859 Redgie of the Engineers
CR Reginals of the Navy
Property Of @Neon Trotsky 
Property of @Zane
Property of @Jack Nightmare He is the Best Daddy OwO

Co Owner For Hit Wizard Sinistra
Niffler Main Confirmed
Expand Signature

A very kind person
Never broke any rule 
Knows all the rules
Friendly to everyone
I think u deserves a chance +1
[Image: giphy.gif?cid=19f5b51a5caf7fbd757067414d451e33]

ʷʰᵃᵗ ᶤˢ ᵈᵉᵃᵈ ᵐᵃʸ ᶰᵉᵛᵉʳ ᵈᶤᵉ
Expand Signature

I'm still fresh to the server, and the community as a whole, but Colleen's  always helpful when asked.
Hasn't been seen breaking rules, actually stays true to her job.
Quiet, yes, but responds in chat rather rapidly.
Despite having not been much of a prefect, has high potential.
+1 for me

Neutral, moving towards +1

I like you a lot Colleen, you're very nice to everyone ingame and I see you on the server daily.
You obviously know the rules and you're always helpful to new players.

But the people replying are right, you don't do any prefecting or teaching and just stay as one role.
I know you paid for the custom role, and you're perfectly entitled to using it, but I think you should try doing a couple of different roles again just to shake things up with your gameplay.
The no mic situation is fine (We have Amy and Millsy who don't use them), but you do keep to yourself at times.
I think you should open up more and chat a bit more to other people as well besides the ones you see all the time.

Good luck Colleen!  Heart
[Image: zwt0N4l.png]
Expand Signature

Helloo Colleen. I think you are very sweet and nice to everyone and you never break the rules. Only thing is u dont show leadership like others say i would like to see you playing more with prefect jobs and teaching classes. Im sure you would be a great mod. You don’t have to use your mic there are other mods who don’t use it. And i would like you to be more active on the server. You definitely deserve a shot but you just need to show a little more effort for it.  Neutral to +1. Good luck!
Daughter of Cassie Ragnulf and Dan Klein

Twins with Waggy Ragnulf

Mother of Timo, John, Bwad, Arne, Rosemary, Jonny 

gryffindorPride
Expand Signature

I haven't seen you around but that might just be because I haven't been  active for a bit. Neutral for now until i get to see you. Good luck.
~Joined December 29th, 2017~
Bought VIP July 2018
Trial Mod November 25th
Full Mod December 9th
Master Prestige February 16th 
Current Longest Running Moderator
Expand Signature

+1

Usually plays as Veela and keeps kids safe n' what have you.
Knows the rules well.
Very active

Update: Also v good as she is listening to feedback and being a prefect despite the fact prefects are defects.
The poor must labour under the majestic equality of the law, 
which forbids the rich as well as the poor 
to sleep under bridges, to beg in the streets, and to steal bread.
[Image: yJMFZhf.png]
Expand Signature