Carl's Ban Appeal

(1) What is your in-game name? - Carl Qualkenbush

(2) What is your steam ID (including any banned alt accounts)? - STEAM_0:0:103258531

(3) What is the name of Admin/Staff who banned you? - @Hazel Curze-Patel

(4) How long were you banned for? - 2 weeks. Now 1 week 3 days 20 hours

(5) Have you been banned on any SBS server before? If so, approximately how many times? - Yes. A couple of times but I didn’t count so I don’t know the number.

(6) Have you been banned within the last week? - No

(7) Why were you banned in this instance? (Explain in Detail) -  I had snatched a student while I was playing the snatcher job and was trying to get him through a crowd of people in the middle of a hallway. I jumped over the crowd, but didn’t account for the snatch and went back to lead them around it. That added enough time for an auror to see and begin shooting me with the fire spell. I threw an explosion potion I made in the potions period a little bit earlier and killed the auror, as well as some of the kids in the radius.

(8) Do you think you deserved the ban? - 
Not exactly. I’ve seen other people do the same thing and not get banned so I assumed it was within the rules. I'm not saying I had a reason to kill the students, but I figured that it wouldn't matter if they died as long as I had a snatch and was being attacked, which I thought were the only requirements to meet to not be breaking the rules. I've seen it happen numerous times and not result in a ban or punishment. I had no intention of breaking any rules.

(9) Why should you be unbanned? - I wasn’t warned, talked to, or brought to a sit before/after doing it and I still don’t know the rules for using the potion while snatching. I know it’s not the mod’s responsibility to keep people informed of new rules and such, but like I said, I wasn’t talked to or pulled after the incident. Also I would like to add that I wouldn’t be making this appeal if I knew I was in the wrong. For all my previous bans I have served the full times instead of asking for some sort of reduction no matter how long the ban has lasted because I knew what I was doing was wrong and would result in some sort of punishment. This time it was different. 

(10) Have you learned your lesson from this ban? - I still don’t understand the rules of the potions or how to find them and have no idea where I went wrong since I wasn’t talked to after. I only know the reason she put into the image below which was "Mass RDM with potions inside school". My best guess is that I have to wait until I’m outside the school into the outer courtyard or outside the walls to use it? Like I said, I still don’t know. But I probably won't be risking something like that without fully understanding the rules again.

(11) Provide a Screenshot of the message that appears when you try to join the server: -
[Image: uOqAim-cFPMHHYz62vW9OHmG4yoYNoOHhJ5Si2BZ...bGnWFVSEI3]

+1 for full unban
the rule that explosive potions are not allowed to be used inside the school, was subtly added into the compendium. As far as I'm aware of, there was no post or announcement addressing this. He probably just didn't know

edit2: @Hazel Curze-Patel That ban appeal by Gain is completely irrelevant. It is literally a different situation, Gain accidentally swaps to the potion instead of his dragon swep and throws it. It wasn't about using exploding potions inside the school. I don't even think there was any mention about not using exploding potions inside the school, and if there was I doub't Carl would of seen it 
Spoiler: ROGUES
:mans_shoe: gang
[Image: SUXM1Iw.png][Image: giphy.gif]
                       Philippians 4:6-7 "Watch your binds"

Very well thought out appeal and clearly had legit RP reasons in mind when tossing the potion. We need clearer rules on when this explosive potion is allowed to be used or just get rid of it if it can never be used. I believe he didn't mean to kill students but to simply escape with his snatch, and I don't believe he'll do it again upon his return.

+1 full unban/reduction
[Image: giphy.gif]

[Image: giphy.gif]

+1 for full unban. I have seen numerous past mods/admins do this with mods on and no repercussions. I have also done this before and when telling the staff they let me go. Harold/Carl had no bad intentions and it was a fully understandable situation to do what he did. Also he had no sit to explain himself, which is pretty unreasonable for an experienced player as himself.

+1

I don't see how this was breaking rules to be honest. Seems like one of the reasons to use the exploding potion..
Also, everyone deserves a sit instead of immediate punishment.
| Leader of the Delaires |  Leo's Aries | Dark Chancellor | Shadowed Acolyte | The Heir of Slytherin |
[Image: miraleo.gif]
[Image: coollogo_com-7423641.png]

[Image: 30mlfs7.png]

Pretty sure this resulted in a ban because the rule was added that a person cannot use an explosion potion within the school. However, I think this is a hefty ban given the circumstance and context and I think a warning would have been fine. 
You waited out enough time of this ban in my opinion. +1 for unban
[Image: 7YvtOQi.png]
Theadora of House Laelaps
~Dark Enchantress~
~Corrupted Overwatch~
~Ex-Hogwarts Admin~

Agreeing with others, my vote is +1 for full unban unless the staff member who banned you has something else to add.

You have been banned for some of your ban and you seem very apologetic. I do wish that staff make a thread about potion rules so we know what we can and cant do. You should have also been pulled in so that is upon Hazel but thats not the biggest thing in the world.
+1 for full unban
 MABUHAY 
Redgie Ciggory NoToes
CPFC 4859 Jana of the Engineers
Crewman Shatea of the Navy
Property of @Neon Trotsky

Hi Carl and thanks for your appeal! 

The reason you got banned in the first place was because someone told me about this discord group where several people (3-5 people went through with it if I remember correctly), plotted to collect all of the ingredients for the bomb so they could use the bomb inside school on purpose because they thought it was funny. I was solo at the time when I got told this and went along and watched every move of this group. Now I don’t know if you were with them or if it was just a coincidence that you used the potion as well within the 5 minutes it took for them to throw theirs. I may be wrong but I believe you knew the risk of throwing it since people have been doing this before and if you were in the group as well you obviously knew. I will leave this open for at least 24 hours for the community to give their opinion. I am willing to reduce your ban if it turns out you’re telling the truth and it turns out to be a coincidence that you threw the potion at the same time. 

Edit: Keep in mind that you got as many days as the number of players you killed. 

Edit 2: I found you commenting on this ban appeal about potions:
https://starbystargaming.com/showthread.php?tid=6455
What I don’t understand is that you’re saying in the appeal that you didn’t know you couldn’t use it inside of school? 

Have a nice day!
[Image: tumblr_ocztkvXT1S1vpw5nqo1_500.gif]
Joined the server June 2017
Married to Spencer Curze-Patel
Trial mod 21.04.19
Full mod 19.05.19
 True Hufflepuff 

-had legit rp reason to use the potion
-broke a recently added, not very well known rule
-got no warning, chance to explain himself, or even explanation for why he was banned
-served some time on his ban before appealing anyways
-is apologetic and sounds like he genuinely intends to follow the rules

+1 for full unban

Any speculation on his association with a group of students who RDM'd seems irrelevant since he did not RDM. I guess that's hard to know though without giving a sit before punishment...
           º°°º¤ø,¸¸¸,ø¤º°°º¤  ✴  ¤º°°º¤ø,¸¸¸,ø¤º°°º          ╬  
   ╞╬╡      Ronaldo Verdelet Redacted Blackfyre Romanesco      ╞╬╡   
  ╬         ,¸¸¸,ø¤º°°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤  ✴  ¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°°º¤ø,¸¸¸,         ╬